You are not connected. Please login or register

Catching Eyes[NoM/Job Chain]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Catching Eyes[NoM/Job Chain] Empty Catching Eyes[NoM/Job Chain] 23/01/22, 10:04 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Spoiler:

There was a dour mood surrounding Zion as he exited the battlefield and headed into the barracks where he would collect his winnings and be on his way. Though both of his battles here in the coliseum had been victories, he could not say that either experience had been enjoyable. Neither for himself, nor for the crowd. The fight against Zadi had ended rather anticlimactically and the battle against Roxanne had been equally poorly received. Where was the 'greatness' that Caelus had spoken of? Why did Zion feel that he was less likely to get a title such as Revenant and more likely that he would be given a moniker that reflected the audience's resentment towards him?

Dejected and feeling lost, Zion dragged his feet making him an easy target for the outstretched foot that intercepted his path. Zion wasn't paying attention and tripped over the foot falling face first into the dirty barracks floor. "Pathetic." a gruff voice that dripped with derision spoke down on the fallen magician. Zion rubbed his nose as he got up and turned to look at his assailant. The man was muscular and wore leather armor that was traditional for the local Reiman combatants. "Did I do something to offend you?" Zion said in irritation.

"Who, me? No. But you sure seem to piss the crowd off whenever you step onto the battlegrounds." The man said with a shrug. Zion clenched his fists in frustration but could find no retort. The man spoke harshly and without a shred of kindness behind his words, but he also spoke true. "Yes...you're right." Zion admitted through grit teeth. Most annoying of all was that Zion wasn't sure where he was going wrong. But this man seemed to have an inkling so the magician swallowed his pride and relaxed his tight fists. "Truth be told, I don't know what I am doing wrong...Sir, could you tell me where I've gone astray?"

Zion's request seemed to irk the veteran fighter further. But he still obliged, albeit with an angry tone. "Are you stupid or just plain foolish?!" Zion began to speak up, "Um...those are both the same thi-" "Quiet!" The man barked and then continued, "Our job as gladiators isn't just to win, its to entertain! And what the people of Reim love to see most is a skilled warrior displaying his martial skill. You magician's might find it easier to rack up victories with your fancy magic, but you fools don't know hot to please the crowd." The man shook his head and then pointed his thick finger into Zion's chest forcing the young magician backwards one step.

"But YOU, you are perhaps the worst of all the magicians to have walked into this coliseum! You pretend to be a swordsman to trick your opponent and then use magic to make your weapon behave unnaturally. You've done this twice now and each time you make a mockery of your opponents who have spent countless hours perfecting their own skills. It's despicable. Do you enjoy looking down on the hard efforts of others?"

Zion listened to the man speak and lowered his head. Though the words were still harsh, he felt they were still holding truth to them as well. "I see...I had no idea that my tricks were such a deep insult...I apologize." Zion said as he bowed to the fighter to back up his words with action. "It's good that you know now. Now get out of the coliseum and don't come back." The man turned and began to leave now that he'd said his peace. "Wait! I came to fight here for a reason. That reason is no mere coinage. I've come to seek out the greatness that Revenant found! I don't intend to leave until I've grasped the meaning behind the glory he found here."

The magician's words made the man halt his steps. "Revenant? What do you know of that man's glory?" The man turned his head and glared at Zion with a look that could cut lesser men in half. "I...I can't say. But I won't give in when I've only just begun." Zion had made a promise with Caelus not to reveal what had happened in the mountains. Since he himself was the one that put forward such a condition it would be a hypocrites game to break it. But his determination to see this through burned in his gaze as he looked back at the man to match his glare. The man turned around facing Zion with crossed arms. "Is that so...If you swear to not use magic while training or in matches, then I'll consider teaching you just how a man like Revenant found greatness within these walls."

The veteran's words surprised Zion, but his expression lit up with joy beneath the bandages that obscured his face. "Really? You will?" The man grimaced and took a step back, clearly uncomfortable with Zion's enthusiasm. But he was a man of his word and nodded, "The integrity behind the name Breaker is worth my own weight in gold. If I say I'll teach you then I'll teach. Do you swear?" Zion nodded back and bowed once more, "I swear not to use my magic in the coliseum, nor during your lessons!"

Breaker finally gave a smile and huffed, "Humph, I'll hold you to that kid. I've got a match to get to. Meet me here after the last bout of the day. We'll begin your training tonight."

WC: 954

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum