Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Info:

ZUZU MANSUR
A caravan wheeled along the verdant plainlands, a white spot under the Sun’s brightness. If he had not been familiar with the caravan, the Sun would have thought the bonnet was drawn for modesty and protection from himself;f. He knew better, however, for he recognised the caravan as a headquarters for one Zubaidah.

As she sat cross-legged within the carriage, Zubaidah gazed upwards towards the sun-tinged sky. She watched the sunset glow and fade, much as spirits covering the horizon with their wings and drawing its blues to slumber. She had passed many nights much as the sunset, coming and going without much care between each day. Indeed, she could not wait until the journey was done, spending the days and nights with expectation for their destination.

But what was Zubaidah looking forwards to with her entire heart? Well, other than a rematch with the Bo clan, she had heard rumour that a certain world-wishing had been sighted on the Plains. Yes, she would finally meet with that Jahangir again after he had disappeared after Gamigin.

Or, at least, she had hoped that she might.

But when they neared the Bo clan’s location, her heart began sinking into an ocean of disappointment. For if she did not find him before they reached their destination, it was unlikely that she would have the chance to search for him in the next few months. After all, she was not here for fun and pleasure. No, she was here on behalf of Amnet and Powehi, having decided that the Bo clan must be dealt with so that they might make the Plains safer. But even so, noble as her intentions were, Zubaidah was saddened that she might not meet Jahangir here.

And then she saw it.

She was staring into the distance, looking for the destination, when she saw a new shape appear upon the horizon. Her sight was not especially keen, but she was certain that the shape was more than nothing. Indeed, she could discern the shapes of foxes and hares and buzzards in the distance, but this shape was human. As she drew closer, however, she became more certain that the shape - or figure, she should say - was something special.

And then, as the caravan wheeled into plain view, she saw his features as clear as the newborn moon.

It was him.

It was Jahangir.

340/340 mag | 397/1000 | 390/390 stam

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
It has been how long, dear Jahan?’ She flicked his forehead upon revealing himself, answering with sarcastic words, but there was no doubt that Zubaidah was more than gladdened. ‘Yet you have not changed one bit.’ A smile came upon her face, wide and perfect, relieved that she had found Jahan again. ‘You could never scare me.

She leaned further into his embrace, hiding her smile and blushing cheeks, and relaxed within Jahan’s warmth. ‘Well, I will admit that I was scared that I would never see you again.’ She blushed a deeper shade, embarrassed that she had said something girlish as that. ‘Where have you even been all this time?’ After all, she was firmly within her adult years, not some child with pangs of first love. Indeed, it seemed immature that she would hold such feelings for Jahan, but she could not pretend that they were still present - and still strong as the first time that they had met.
340/340 mag | 559/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Ah, there we have something in common.’ She did not interrupt him, however, but listened as he opened his heart. ‘We were both stuck within cycles of Dungeon exploration.’ She answered him absent-mindedly, her word offering some reassurance, the sort Jahan had given her before. ‘I’m quite surprised that you took so long.’ A laugh came from the red-faced Zubaidah, almost as if she was not listening entirely.

But when she heard him pause, however, Zubaidah held him tighter and answered softly, ‘It’s finished, I assure you.’ She could tell that Jahan had experienced something terrible, since she had not seen his emotions as clear and apparent as this. ‘It’s all real, dear Jahan.’ But if she were being honest, she was almost happy that Jahan was showing his weakness. It would have been worse, had he thought that Zubaidah was not good or strong enough to witness this. Indeed, she was happy that he trusted her enough to admit that one crucial thing. ‘It’s fine to be scared.
340/340 mag | 736/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
I heard that 'a phantom king' had been sighted upon the Plains.’ She remembered when Amnet had first told her about the rumour about Jahan, her heart filling itself with expectation, ‘When rumour came that the phantom was a dark-skinned man with mountain-rending strength and the ability to disappear at will?’ She had searched around the Plains for days, weeks even, until her eyes were reddened. ‘I knew that it was you and Aurangzeb.’ But she did not regret those moments, sad as they were when Zubaidah met no results, for she had confirmed for herself that Jahan was someone important in her heart.

But you are right, dear Jahan.’ She lifted her head from his warm chest, looking into his lavender eyes. ‘I was not guided with love or hope alone.’ A smile came upon her rosy lips with the word ‘love’, something she had not said for longer than expected. ‘Indeed, I believe that no less than fate could have guided me towards you and my goal together.’ She leant her head against his shoulder, tired from relief and exhaustion, but energised with his presence. ‘But how much do you know about the Bo clan?
340/340 mag | 932/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
So you have already encountered the Bo clan?’ She was quite interested, wondering how Jahan had become associated with Tenza’s crowd. ‘I would love to hear that story,’ Another smile widened her rouge lips, but Zubaidah was careful not to stray from the Bo clan, since the information was crucial and necessary, ‘But I should tell you about the Bo clan first.

I am sure that you’re familiar with the nature of the Plainspeople? Without much water or safe refuges, many tribes in the Plains are nomadic ones. In recent years, the Bo clan has started monopolisation upon oases and watering holes, before turning towards conquest of Plains tribes themselves. I thought them defeated when their leader Tenza was brought down, but they must still be active. Indeed, my group has tasked themselves with monitoring the Bo clan, reducing their damage where possible. Of course, it seems that you have experienced the chokehold which their soldiers have upon the region, but I have come here so that I can deal with them myself.

She heard Jahan’s remark, a laugh and a sigh coming from her lips in response, ‘Did you hear any of that?’ In spite of this, however, she would hold Jahan even tighter. ‘You really haven’t changed.

340/340 mag | 1141/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
She rolled her eyes as Jahan made clear, or tried to cover, how he had not heard a single word. Well, what could she say? She had found that quite charming, how grounded he was in the moment, even if it made him prone to forget her musings. After all, they did say that opposites attract.

Where to now?’ She had not expected him to take her into his arms, memories flooding back, much less carry her into the distance. But she took this time to reminisce about Kou and Gamigin, when he was wont to carry her like she were some princess or damsel-in-distress. Of course, she was far from the woman who relied upon Jahan for everything, having gained power and resolve on Furcas and Gamigin. But hey, it had been some time since Jahan and Zubaidah had been together, had it not? So one more moment of reliance would be no problem.

But as they continued, she could tell that Jahan was not walking the same road of memories that he was. Where she had chosen their past experiences, he was dwelling upon some more recent ones. She could feel his sadness shake his very arms, those arms she once considered her castle-walls, and saw the eyes of that king well with tears. If she was being honest, she was more than surprised, confused even. In all her time, she had not seen him break his stoic facade. Yes, he had been excited with her. Yes, he had been angry for her. But sadness, a sadness like this?

It’s alright,’ She gazed into his eyes, her smile replaced with something tender, ‘You can cry.’ She tapped his shoulder, asking that he place her upon the rain-moistened grounds, and embraced him. ‘It’s good to cry sometimes.’ She looked back at his face, her own eyes filled with tears, and held him closer.

And I promise you.’ She had waited years upon years to meet Jahan again. ‘This is real.’ She had spent years worrying that she had lost him forever. ‘I’m real.’ She had cried and cried that she was alone again. ‘So just let out all your tears.’ And now, she washed away those worries with more tears.
340/340 mag | 1522/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Of course, dear Jahan.’ She wiped away the tears from her eyes, watching them fall into the moist earth. ‘When you cry, I will be here to smile.’ Gazing into his eyes, she made no empty promise and broke into a large smile. ‘If you feel better when I smile, I will smile all the time.’ It was something dazzling, brighter than any smile she had made for him or anyone. ‘Because I want you to rely upon me, just like I would rely upon you to make me feel better.

And then he kissed her.

It might have been a kiss upon her forehead, true, but it was enough for her smile to change from gold to pink. She turned her face away from Jahan without thinking, a mad blush come upon her cheeks. Yes, she was an adult woman, but she had abstained from such contact for years! It was only natural that her cheeks should turn such a rose colour, right? She was caught off-guard, that was it! If he looked down, Jahan could watch the cogs turning within her head while Zubaidah stood there silent. Indeed, it seemed that a kiss was all it took for her mind to cease function.

That’s not fair…’ As she recovered, a red shade spread throughout her body, she buried her forehead into his chest. ‘But…’ A smile flickered upon her blushing cheeks, however, her silver tongue playing its usual tune, ‘Make sure you ask next time.
340/340 mag | 1772/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
In another moment, she was greeted with another kiss from Jahan. But this time, she savoured the experience, enjoying the time spent with him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling his soft heartbeat against her chest, and leant closer. If she was enjoying herself, then she wanted to give him equal enjoyment. It was only fair, was it not?

I told you to ask, didn’t I?’ As he drew back, she teased him a little, her arms still around his neck. ‘Not that I’m complaining.’ She smiled softly, meeting his gaze with her amber eyes, and shook away the hair stranded upon her shoulder. ‘But I would say that you know more how to kiss than when,’ She caressed the back of his neck, playing with his hair, before continuing, ‘And there’s a difference.

If she were being honest, she sill could not believe that Jahan was real, even with him standing before her. As she looked into his lavender eyes, she saw the trials and failures within Furcas and Ipos. With each smile, she was reminded about how Kou had taken away  her happiness with Huijin. As she ran her fingers down his smooth skin, she remembered Constantine and her promise to defeat Sasan. Why was she doing this? For the first time in months, no, years, she was finally happy. Why was she thinking about her problems now?

He was real.

She was real.

This was real.

Had she not said that? Yes, she had reassured Jahan that it was all real. But if she was not certain? Then she would have to make sure of that herself! Yes, she would make sure it was real.

And so, she kissed him again.
340/340 mag | 2064/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Yes, that was real. There was no way in which she could argue that that was not real. In fact, it was the most real thing that she had felt in months and years.

But she felt something cold within her chest, even as he warmed her within his embrace. She could not understand what she was feeling, just that something was wrong. She loved him, did she not? If she enjoyed his presence, his company, his love, then what was she feeling?

As their mouths parted, she would give no expression that might betray her confusion. ‘I suppose it’s getting a little late, isn't it?’ She took her hands from round his neck, smiling sweetly as she gestured towards her wagon. ‘Why worry about fire and shelter, when we have our own refuge, ready and prepared?’ Yes, she would ponder upon her problem before she raised it with Jahan.
340/340 mag | 2234/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
As the winds retreated into their mountain-homes, the Moon looked down upon Jahan and Zubaidah. She had not seen them together for some time, not since they had entered Gamigin with hopeful hearts. In the mean-time, she had watched over their trials and tribulations from Reiman shores onto the sea-swept Orient. At night, when they missed one another, the Moon had shed tears for their sadness.

But she was never there when they awoke, passing her torch onto the Sun with reluctance. Thus did the Sun welcome Jahan and Zubaidah from their slumber on this morning. As she stepped from the waggon, leaving Jahan in his own makeshift quarters, she gazed over the rain-tipped grasslands and towards the sun-tinged sky.

It was mesmerising.

It was beautiful.

It was perfect.

But she could not feel anything but that coldness from before, like her chest was covered with ice. Why did she still feel this? What did she have to do to warm her heart?
340/340 mag | 2414/1000 | 390/390 stam

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
She sensed that Jahan had awoken, her thoughts jumbled, but Zubaidah could not discuss the feeling within her chest. Instead, she watched him look over the horizon, past sun and solitude, towards banners dancing upon the morn-time air. A sigh escaping into the winds, Zubaidah realised that play-time was over, fun as it had been. As was inevitable, it seemed that the Bo clan had finally found them both.

She wasted no time, reacting in conjunction with Jahan, and poured wave after wave of magoi into the marble divan stored within the carriage. In one moment, rank upon rank of see-through constructs formed before Zubaidah, standing to attention and awaiting her orders. ‘I am glad that you have answered my call again, men!’ She was curt and short, addressing them much as a captain would her soldiers. ‘We are faced with enemies stronger than any before, but my rules remain the same as ever!’ She looked into the distance where Jahan had delayed the Bo clan with steeled resolve. ‘We are not here to kill.

She looked towards Jahan, sterness in her gaze. ‘I hope that counts for you as well.’ Her voice was light, but her eyes anything else. ‘At least, try as best you can, please.
240/340 mag | 2608/1000 | 390/390 stam

Stained Court:

Abilities Used:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

As she watched their horses stampede across the moist earth, Zubaidah wondered whether she needed Jahan’s powers. After all, Jahan was much stronger than herself, was he not? Hearing his words, however, Zubaiudah decided that she would show him and the Bo soldiers that she was strong enough.

As she steeled herself thirty metres behind the Stained Court, the first wave of Bo soldiers was commanded into a Grass Sea formation. She watched them rush forwards into her own ranks, breaking through the first line, but a cloud formed from dust and glass formed in their wake. Indeed, once the Bo soldiers met with Zubaidah’s final line, their forces had been reduced from hundredfold down into sixteen.

She watched them charge towards them, three riders heading the Bo forces with a Great Storm of the Herd, but Zubaidah was unfazed. She took out two soldiers behind them with a well-aimed Stabbing Talon, then defended against the dust-cloud forming before the Great Storm with a cold Clear-Out. She was cut and bruised from their weapons in retaliation, their momentum too much for her, but she was healed through the chaplains standing besides her. In the commotion, four chaplains were destroyed when four Stone Slicers tore through them; Zubaidah avenged them with two sustained Stabbing Talons.

As she watched the Bo forces encircle her position, closing towards Jahan and the carriage, Zubaidah sent the remaining chaplains from the Stained Court towards them, intending more that they would serve as distractions than enemies. In the brief moments she gained, Zubaidah took down two Bo riders from their horses, knocking them out with the butt-end of her spear. In total, she took down the remaining Bo elites from sixteen to four, but she was more than exhausted, her body battered, even not bloodied.

And, she called out towards Jahan.

Want to lend a hand?
210/340 mag | 2942/2000 | 390/390 stam

Events Explained:

Abilities Used:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

She called.

He answered.

Jahan wondered whether his strength was needed, but Zubaidah turned his power towards an enemy necessary to be defeated. If he was useful, might she then consider his worth? He knew that there was something between them, for sure, but his strength could ensure that their feelings turned from affection into more than just something.

Leaning against her Night Talons, Zubaidah watched Jahan concentrate, eyes focused upon his fists, before punching the ground with a Castle Breaker’s Touch. A shockwave spread across the dirt and stone, knocking Zubaidah off her feet, as the ground rocked the Bo’s forces with uncertain groans. As they stumbled around, the groans grew louder and louder until the earth cracked open and swallowed the Bo elites whole. In a few seconds, they were trapped within the earth’s maw.

With surprise at her side, Zubaidah stood and called towards the Noyans who had retreated from Jahan’s attack, ‘Call off your soldiers! You have no chance here, even with this many under your control! Yes, we have not spilt much blood, but that is because we have been lenient. We offer mercy because we do not want this conflict!

The reply was short and blunt, ‘That is not mercy! That is arrogance! We will not bend knee when we have the upper hand!

You will not bend knee? You sure about that?’ Jahan smiled, his hand touching his crown as the Noyans began their charge. ‘Stand back a little, Zuzu.

As she retreated a safe distance, Jahan chanted something foreign and mysterious. He spoke words that she had never heard before in a language that she could not understand. His crown shone with an otherworldly light, his hands taking hold of a sword that was not there, and his back shimmered with an invisible force.

O lord beyond strength! Crown me the world king, and bestow upon me the power of a great Djinn!'

'Bow down, Gremory!

She heard Jahan more than she saw him, for the air before Zubaidah was filled with rukh. Indeed, much as a magician might marvel at the sight of rukh swirling about Jahan’s raiment, Zubaidah was filled with awe as she heard the rukh hum and sing. She heard their sweet melodies, praising Jahan and Gremory, and she was dumb-founded.

This was Jahan.

He stepped towards the Noyan, and their bodies fell into bows for Jahan. The first pointed a fire-lance as he came close, his hand shaking, and he swatted it away with a scaled backhand, breaking his arm from the force. The second aimed a sabre towards him, body wracked with sweat, but he punched him in the stomach with a scaled punch and force spread through his body. They had no chance to act, when he was much quicker. He was the conqueror, and they were the conquered.

You sure have bent more than just your kees, haven’t you?

So what now, Zub?

I think…’ Stunned at Jahan’s form, she took a moment more before she could form words into a proper sentence. ‘I think that we have done enough. We are not here to make an enemy, we are here to defend ourselves. It does not matter whether you think that we instigated the violence, we have caused enough pain and bloodshed that this battle should not continue.

She speaks true.’ The first Noyan spoke through gritted teeth, his back cracking under Jahan’s pressure, pleading for the seond Noyan to agree. ‘Then we shall agree not continue this, if you do not pursue us or our men.

We won’t…’ She looked towards Jahan, her eyes pleading his agreement, ‘Will we?

If you say so.’ She glared at him, prodding him for more than mere acceptance, and he sighed with a smile on his face. ‘We won’t do anything, as long as you don’t intrude on us again.

-----

Thus could Jahan and Zubaidah retire to their quarters, dirt and blood upon their clothes, one quarrel with the Bo clan ended. It had not been an event wanted or expected, but War had brought them together again. And yet Zubaidah knew that it was only a matter of time before she and Jahan parted ways again.

For she knew who would be the cause this time.
210/340 mag | 3574/2000 | 390/390 stam

Zubaidah: 210/340 magoi and 390/390 stamina.

Jahan: 50/150 magoi and 330/410 stamina.

Event Explanation:

Jahan's Abilities:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After a failed attempt to seize and oppress some of their neighbors, the defeated Noyan had taken his report back to his superior — a man of gargantuan proportions that went by the name of Gürgem. A newly risen general of the Bo said to have the physique of a horse and the head of a lion; known to have traversed the world and delved into a dungeon just to live to tell the tale.

It was in due time that the general would seek out the beings that frightened his men to his feet. After all, if your own men are unable to climb the hurdle, the only option would be to tear it down.

The man Zubaidah would have stroll into her presence fit the bill to near perfection. His head was not that of a bull but a man, handsome in his apathetic expression and in spite of the gruesome scar that carved down the left side of his face. Ginger locks swept down his back in autumn waves, kept in place by a fur hat adorned with a feather pin. Most notable about him was the lower half of his physique which told true to the tales about him. A clean transition from his abdomen into the body of a stallion with a sleek, black coat.

His approach gave no tact nor stealth — hooves crushing the earth beneath the weight of his steps, the chill of the metal barrel of his rifle as he used it to lift her chin upwards to look at him. From his mouth, he would speak in a voice with a gruff depth and a boastful volume. His accent was similar to others in the region but thicker.

“This so-called phantom must have some might to have caused our dear Noyan to come back with a tail between his legs.” He breaks out in a light-hearted chuckle, swishing his tail in his elation. “It is as though he grew a second cock but lost all his balls.”

Removing the tip of his gun from her chin, he rests it up over his shoulder.

“And yet as I look at you,” he continued, his hand following his eyes as he scoured her form, “There is no such creature. Just a woman.”

From within his sleeve, he pulls out a small pipe and places it in the corner of his mouth. Sparks generate from a simple mechanism of flint and steel held in his palm, lighting the contents as he sucks in its bitter flavor, smoke pouring like thickened fog from between his lips.

“It is unfortunate that I have to kill you.”

He raises his brow, giving her a grimace and a shrug before looking her over once more. A medial pause settles in as he takes a long drag from his pipe.

“But I am in a good mood. We could strike a deal, no? I am a man of business, after all, when there is not all this fighting.”

gürgem:
rewards and conditions:
rules:
mod logs:

Last edited by Solomon's Proxy on 25/05/22, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum