Hyperion Tol Baelsar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Corpse Caps Latest?cb=20120813025104
Name: Pallbearer
Tier: A
Type: Parasite
Species: Corpse Caps
Con: Every four posts in combat, the parasite absorbs nutrients from the host, in the form of D-tier damage to organs.
Appearance: Just spores when dormant, a genderless humanoid growing to various sizes, from 1M to 10M with many organs and structures that faintly resemble in look and function to that of a their host.
Description: A fungal parasite that can only survive more than a few days in the immunocompromised and deceased. It can only grow to maturity when settled in the body of beings of high vitality. There are reports that these Corpse Caps grow similar in appearance to the body of the host they consume, and the number of Corpse Caps being a measure of their strength.

Corpse Caps spores can only grow or move with the use of abilities.
Beast Traits:

Trait Name: Fungal Colony
Trait Tier: A
Trait Requirement: Corpse Cap Parasite
Trait Description: The Corpse Cap colony share thoughts with the host
Trait Effect: The host can sense and use produced spores as if were part of the host, up to 100M.

Trait Name: Undead Caps
Trait Tier: D
Trait Description: As a primary decomposer with no ability to act, through the use of Animation or Reincarnation magic, Corpse Caps can be used, manipulated and grow.
Trait Effect: Allows Corpse Caps abilities to spend magoi instead of stamina.

Trait Name: Spore Generation
Trait Description: The host produces spores periodically that fall around their vicinity, which can grow into Corpse Caps.
Trait Effect: Allows for a spore to be spawned per post, in a five meter radius from the user.

Trait Name: Fungal Conservation
Trait Description: The parasite can sacrifice the Rukh from unused spores to more effectively utilize other spores.
Trait Effect: At the cost of a spore, can scale an ability once for free.

Trait Name: One Body
Trait Description: As the parasite has become one with the host, even replicating the host organs, the parasite and progeny are able to use other physical abilities by the host.
Trait Effect: Allows for mushrooms to use body manipulation available to Hyperion.

Trait Name: Magical Conduit
Trait Tier: A
Trait Description:
Trait Effect: Able to use spores and Corpse Caps as conduits for spells.

Last edited by Hyperion Tol Baelsar on 18/09/21, 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Corpse Caps UwPVdcs

2Corpse Caps Empty Re: Corpse Caps 12/09/21, 04:22 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There is no real point in putting a con for the beast as a separate node outside of the general con for the parasite/symbiotic function of operating the beast (not the rest of the traits).  It doesn't exist in the template, we only look at the effects as a whole and regulate it from there.

Gaining the size 10 meters naturally and with no real details of whether it's still attached to you or not or can exist independently outside of your body? As a natural function as a parasite? You have to elaborate.  Plus it sounds like it can walk around being a dummy copy of yourself as a parasite type outside of a trait or ability? That's not going to fly, even in appearances alone it's acting too independently to be considered as a parasite type.

Just by seeing that it's  D-tier creature from what you've presented to me, you have three trait points to work with for the creature. So with that being said, the traits/ trait ranks have to reflect the accessible points that your creature has. It's not really adding up here atm, so we can continue once that gets addressed.

Corpse Caps CrChE3t

Corpse Caps LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

3Corpse Caps Empty Re: Corpse Caps 18/09/21, 10:20 am

Hyperion Tol Baelsar

Hyperion Tol Baelsar
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Changes
Clarified that spores from my parasite can only be used via abilities
Fixed the typo that it was D-tier to A-tier
Yes it is ten meters, but the verb for mushroom means to grow, to me that's what mushrooms are known for.. But also clarified it grows up to ten meters to give it a limit for abilities. And I have a trait for controlling this specific mushroom parasites spores outside of the body.

Corpse Caps UwPVdcs

4Corpse Caps Empty Re: Corpse Caps 20/09/21, 09:20 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

missing an appropriate weakness for the symbiote: Feeding your nutrients every four-post won't cut it.  Appearance is not going to rock with me until you show me that you're willing to have half the damage it receives... transfer to the main body as a clause of shared symbiosis.  They aren't supposed to be outside of your body like that, not without risk.  and it's too damn big, even bigger than longzufu whose 7 meters, and he's a brute.  the humanoid size of it's height has to be within 1 to 5 meters, not 1-10m.

Undead caps: Make sure you put that the user can no longer use stamina as a resource to execute the abilities involving this creature.

Fungal colony: sensory 100, usage 50m. Due to the fact that you are superseding whatever range the abilities are giving you for whatever you use this for, it's simple to see that you can just grow the fungus and simply use the added range as an addition to whatever the original spell or ability does.  So granted, this gives you 50 meters and the host has to be within 50 meters of said "spores" Clarification .....is that its a sensory to locate where the spores are, and not sharing the same sensories as the spores, is that correct? Cut the sensory range to 50 and the usage to 30 metes and you can share sensory with where you place the spore

Spore Generation: Denied, you're going into hive territory with this trait, which I would have approved for a hive since the number of them actually matter.  It's not like how for example, longzufu has to be touching the ground in order to generate crystal that can easily be broken. It's the increase of the main body of the creature, not an increase of a resource. So no, they shouldn't be allowed to clone themselves for free like that under the parasite classification.  You didn't make it too distinct that the corpse caps and the spires they produce were two different things. If that was the case, you would have said something along the lines of

" they create an outer resource of spores that can act as an extension of themselves, as long as the host bare skin is touching a surface that can support the creation of such spore on it, it  will generate within 1 m of them. The spore can take up to d rank damage before breaking. "

Fungai conservation: I know you wanted to use this to loop free scales, but spore generation above is denied so you might want to revisit it.

One Body:
ok, fine. But remember, that usage involving this creature takes magoi instead of stamina so your body manip including the involvement of this creature will cost you magoi.

Magical Conduit: alright, might be an issue down the line but i can't see anything as of now so its ok with me.

Corpse Caps CrChE3t

Corpse Caps LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum