You are not connected. Please login or register

An Army formalized [Arc/Plot/FOT]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Humayra had received a letter, and it was a surprising letter indeed. Her work for the slaves might not have been super intense like the work of some more experienced individuals, however, she was dedicated and kept putting in the time and work for the slaves she had freed and wished to train. This dedication towards the cause was something appreciated, and that's why she had gotten a letter from Bakh Abhudir himself. The Sultan had invited her to come to Tethis, to meet him and to listen to a request of his.

When she would arrive to the city she would find that it was nothing like it was the days before the war. No, once a rich port city Tethis has now been turned into a fortress city from the works of the Slave Army. It was their greatest defense, with trenches around the outside and a city wall that has been doubled in size within the months of the war. There were slave soldiers dressed in various armors walking around, and the gates were closed with archers and arbalists standing watch over as people would come and go. This was the only way in the city, luckily the letter would work as her proof of admission along with her snake fang necklace.

The day was beautiful, and the sounds of the shores being beaten by waves were mellowed with a soft breeze and the cries of birds. It was as if the world, the city itself, was opening itself to her, inviting her inside.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

"It's grown quite a bit since I last remember." Abir Al-Sadek spoke in awe of the newly completed wall rising tall to surround the city.

Humayra could only nod and gulp down against the nervousness welling up within her throat. The letter she'd received becoming crumpled in the palm of her hands as she too beheld the towering wall before them, the weight of a Sultan's personal invitation weighed heavily upon the Fanalis girl's mind. Not that long ago she'd been nothing more than a nobody. When she'd first arrived at Abd Al-Qadir's camp, no even before that, Humayra wouldn't have believed she could become a part of any community. Not after a life lived in oppressed slavery, or after she'd killed the noble family who saw her as nothing more than a possession for their own use.

Men, and even a few women patrolled near the entrance. Their assorted armaments, a testament to the kind of army this happened to be. Slaves, freed and taking up arms, ready to defend their freedom from those who would seek to relinquish it from their grasp. This city was perhaps the biggest stronghold she'd yet laid eyes on.

Noticing Humayra and Al-Sadek approaching, several of the armored slaves walked over to meet them. "We- I was invited. Al-Sadek is with me." Most of the solders who approached with their commanding officer were on edge, until he took note of the letter Humayra handed over and set the others at ease. "She's friend. The sultan himself has sent for her."

Tension released itself almost immediately, a level of relief washed over Humayra at the acceptance she received from the guards. Though her tension rose once again when they, all of them, offered deep respectful bows as they permitted the girl to pass into the city. Did she really deserve this sort of royal treatment? Certainly the Fanalis girl had been invited by no small figure, but she'd never seen anyone bow to her with such honest intent up until now.

Beyond the gates the city's active bustle greeted Humayra. It felt inviting, tempting the girl's resolve into exploring all the places she could, and to meet new people. A whole city of former slaves, freed, allowed to do what they wanted. Humayra shook her head in order to be rid of wandering thoughts.

"Is something the matter?" Abir Al-Sadek asked Humayra, seeing her display, as if trying to shake off some form of headache. Or at least that's what he assumed...

"Nothing. I just... It's my first time entering a city where I don't feel the need to worry about guards or nobles noticing me, and turning me in..." Humayra steeled her eyes ahead, avoiding contact with everything but the path ahead in order to avoid the distractions around her.

Abir Al-Sadek nodded in silent agreement.

"W-well, we shouldn't make Bakh Abhudir wait." Humayra's voice stiffened, nervousness showing, her bare feet padding rigidly against the ground as she opted to lead the way.

Al-Sadek smiled to himself, pretending not to notice how tense the Fanalis girl was becoming once again.

Humayra's list of bringing withs:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As she would walk through the streets with her companion Humayra would see a very different city than any other within Heliohapt, as the first city to be conquered at the start of the war it had the most time to be rebuilt, readjust, and find a new place under the new leaders of the Sultan, his Vizier, and the Slave army. For those that had been here before there were many changes, from the removal of segregation laws, an opening of the market, and of course the freeing of slaves and destruction of the once-massive Tethis slave market which now seems to be a sort of trade center where artisans are directly selling work from workshops built where slave stables once were.

While atop a hill stood a building that once served as the manor and court of the lord who ruled over Tethis, but now served as the headquarters of Al-Shamshura, where Bakh and Ibrahim would not only sleep but holds council and court with any of the people to try and centralize his burgeoning movement along with gaining further support from people beyond the lower classes and those whom he freed.

With an obvious destination in the distance, the road was only littered with people and markets as the scents of cooking foods and spices wafted through the air, and of course, there was the occasional group of soldiers who were there to defend the city as well as be ready at the Sultan's call. There might've even been a few familiar faces to the pair as many found hope within his cause, especially those from their backgrounds and they would wave each time they noticed them. It might've been intimidating, but it had also been a sight of wonder as people of various cultures and classes moved around and interacted with each other within this liberated city.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Humayra's tense behavior softened, if only because she allowed herself to be distracted by the many happenings within the city limits. Food especially caught onto and grabbed the Fanalis girl's attention, much to Al-Sadek's dismay. Though She knew her mission happened to be of utmost importance, fulfilling a desire to try the new things she could clearly see and smell swayed the girl in due detriment of their intended order.

"Th-they have a silk vendor!" Humayra practically squealed in her mad dash towards the fancy stall coated with assorted silks, both in design and color. Her hands immediately reached out to take in the touch of the soft, delicate fabric. The silk's smooth texture rolled over Humayra's fingers like honey, her expression growing relaxed, almost indulgent with the cloth she rarely ever got to experience.

"I see you've an eye for the finer things my dear lady." The vendor spoke up. Though she didn't much appreciate the girl's approach without permission to touching the wares, the vendor decided against scolding her.

"An eye for it I will agree with. However a wallet to match her decadent desires is severely lacking right now..." Al-Sadek mused, approaching the stand with resolute resolve. Part of the reason he'd accompanied Humayra to the city was to keep her on track, to avoid distractions. "Come Humayra, we've got a schedule to keep. We cannot keep our invitation waiting." Grabbing Humayra's free hand. With a great deal of effort Al-Sadek managed to pull the infatuated girl away from the silk vendor's stall. She wasn't entirely resistant but had she been a normal human girl he likely wouldn't have broken a sweat with Humayra's physical redirection...

"I'll be here all week. Feel free to come back when your financial advisor approves." The vendor's words struck Al-Sadek with a degree of embarrassment.

"I will! Thank you!" Humayra waved a sour goodbye to the Silk lady.

"We shouldn't leave the sultan waiting for us..." Al-Sadek scolded, once the vendor was out of earshot and Humayra had stopped dragging her feet in his efforts to pull her away from distractions.

"I know... sorry." Humayra moped, though her hand drew up to wave at a passerby who'd just done the same. She vaguely recognized the person having been from one of the camps she'd visited in the past. "Do you think it'd be alright if we grab something to eat before seeing him?" Humayra asked, her sentiments agreed upon by a much too loud rumbling of her stomach.

"I guess it'd be okay. There are plenty of vendors along the way that we can buy food from." Al-Sadek held reservations about letting Humayra run off again but continuing to hold her hand in order to keep the Fanalis girl from running off in distraction held certain embarrassing implications he didn't want to be forced into dealing with...

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Humayra would notice that the street was filled with soldiers the closer she got towards the center of the city, even though it was a haphazardous path driven forward by her desires as the city pulled her deeper with the fancies they had made for themselves after taking the city and what the nobles had greedily kept before. However, as she started to think about food with her companion a sweet, yet savory scent drifted upon her path the spices tickling at her nose as it would likely drag her and Al-Sadek to look towards the origin at the very least.

"And then I said, if you're so noble why do I catch you pants around thy ankles in a bush cowering instead of in your home, or should I say my new manor." A female soldier said from the source of the smell, she along with a few other different bands of soldiers were eating. "But I guess his wife thought I was noble enough to stay there with me."

Their food was supplied by a street vendor, a large kebab made from elephant lamb spun, cooking as it was carved and served in pita bread or even with veggies, rice, and a variety of side dishes. There were two vendors, a husband short but strong looking and his wife a taller woman with a chiseled frame that would've been hidden had she wore something that covered her sleeves instead of simple chest armor. They were talking and serving food, it seemed like a peaceful environment and there were even barrels of wine that people were drinking from freely after paying for their food. Though there was also plenty of other vendors this one seemed the most open and popular on the street.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

The density of armed personnel grew ever more apparent the closer Humayra and Al-Sadek drew to the city center. It felt both comforting and disconcerting to the Falanis girl. On one hand the presence of military strength held with it a feeling of safety, but also the opposite. The truth of the city’s and her own involvement in the conflicts, the war raging around them even now. These soldiers were a testament of the times they now faced on a daily basis. Still, the girl’s focus waned, her mind and senses turning to the delicacies available throughout the cityscape.

Seating herself, Humayra could overhear the conversation unraveling at this particular vendor. Nobles… Humayra’s nose cringed with disgust at the thought, the conversation. But her thoughts were muddled with the need to indulge in something savory. ”C-can I have one of those?” It was hard not to butt in between the conversation going on but the Fanalis girl didn’t really feel like she needed to hear about the woes of certain nobles. Especially not when her sympathies for the noble types couldn’t run any lower…

Humayra offered up payment for two as Al-Sadek took a seat beside her. “After we eat we really should head over to the palace.” Despite is verbal interests in moving on even Al-Sadek couldn’t take his eyes off the food being prepared. Humayra only nodded in agreement. Conversations aside, they would eat and then be on their way. The sudden thought had the girl becoming nervous again. She didn’t know the first thing about etiquette nor how she ought to behave in front of the Sultan… A hand on her shoulder calmed Humayra. Al-Sadek, like the girl herself, was a stranger to situations like this. But in the moment he felt his manly charm taking over as he drove to comfort the rigidity of his Fanalis companion. It worked, giving Humayra the comfort needed until the food requested was served. Then her mind became set towards the path of enjoying fabulous cuisine.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The female soldier was about to start another story when she heard the words of the fanalis asking for food. Her head turned on a dime, but not violently or with any sort of aggressiveness despite the feeling her frame and visage might give off. It was an immediate sense of curiosity as she heard what she had said. Then without a word she turned her head over towards the cook who was amidst carving the meat.

"Oi, Hakim, get this girl and her friend a large kebab each and whatever it is they want to drink and you better not skim on the sauce!" She said her voice boisterous as she would then once again turn over to her. She would look her up and down before she pulled out a necklace, the same kind Humayra had. "Food for fellow members of the Army is always on me while I'm in town."

"I don't think I've ever seen you in the city before, but then again I'm always leaving to go make sure the nobles aren't trying any funny business on the borders." She would speak as she took a large drink from her goblet, almost throwing her head back as she drank more liquid than most people would reasonably consider swallowable. "My name is Bahjat, and this is my squad, we were just enjoying some R&R after our last mission, what brings you to the capital?"

Bahjat:

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

A generous offer came into play and Humayra couldn’t find cause to refuse it. Though they’d never met, it appeared they were companions of a sort, sharing in their involvement as members of the army. ”Th-thank you.” Bowing respectfully couldn’t happen since she’d already taken a seat, but the Fanalis girl still nodded her appreciation at the generosity.

As for drink, Humayra and Al-Sadek both opted for servings of water. It wouldn’t do them any good to partake of anything stronger and lose their sense when such an important meet was soon to be before them. Shaking her head Humayra explained, ”I’ve never been to the city before today so it’s no surprise you haven’t seen me. My name is Humayra, and is this man beside me is Al-Sadek. We’re here by order of the Sultan.” Though her voice sounded mildly strained, Humayra opted to reveal the letter she’d received. Presented in case Bahjat wished to see it, the letter did little to explain the purpose of their visit beyond seeking an audience with the Sultan and hearing his request. ”I feel like it’s supposed to be a great honor to be called upon but I can’t help being nervous about it too…”

When the meals ordered were dished out to the two of them, Humayra took it as an opportunity to bury her reservations by stuffing her face with food. Digging in turned out to be a mistake at first as the girl quickly found out just how hot freshly served cuisine could be. One oversized bite which burned the girl’s mouth would find itself quickly cooled by the flow of water from her cup. Regrettably it would only prove to lessen the immediate pain from the heat. Unfortunately the dull pain of burning her tongue would stick around for a few hours longer…

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Bahjat would keep her one good eye trained on young Humayra as she eeped out a bit nervously why she was here. It didn't seem like the more experienced soldier thought anything of her unease and kept the same friendly demeanor s if all that mattered was they were on the same side. It was as Humayra mentioned that she was here to see the sultan that she gave a whistle as a sign that she was impressed by that.

"Well, I can understand why you're nervous, it's a big deal meeting the head of anything, but from what I've seen and heard from the guy he seems like he still knows where he came from, and knows how to talk to people." Her words fell off her lips confidently as she soon pressed her to drink back up to them with a long drink to pause her words. "Just be confident in yourself, if he wants to see you  I'm sure it's for something good."

It was a small bit of advice that was soon enough followed up with the man known as Hakim walked back out with a plate that had some of the meat on it, a type of flatbread, and a rich, warm looking brownish-red sauce that was drizzled over the top of the meat. The heat and savory scents would drift from the plate and up into their noses as he slowly backed away to let them enjoy.

"Please, let me know if any of you need anything else, business has been much fairer since you guys have come into control around here." He said before he went back to preparing more meat, sauce, and other such things over by the fire and the rest of his equipment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum