You are not connected. Please login or register

The Garden of Live Flowers [Social]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Alice

Alice
D-Tier
D-Tier

“I should see the garden far better” Alice thought to herself “From a higher point of view...Oh to be able to fly!” She gave a wispy sigh and didn’t realize she had transitioned from thinking to speaking aloud “What if that is one of the wonders of life? Learning to fly? Though I don’t think normal people usually learn to fly. Then again, I am not normal by any sense, but not so un-normal as to suddenly take off into the sky.”

She paused for a moment “Un-normal? No no that’s not it. Abnormal! But un-normal holds much more whimsy, if I do say so myself.” She continued on her way, softly speaking to herself while examining all of the violet blooms in the garden around her “The violets are truly pretty. So soft and with a gentle scent. Oh! I still can’t believe I can see and feel and smell. How wonderful it is to be a real girl!” With a loud giggle, Alice twirled quickly on the spot, twirling too quickly too soon and winding up falling onto her back, though laughing all the while.

When her laughter died down, Alice realized she was in the garden for a reason “But what is that reason, I wonder? Oh Alice, you silly forgetful girl. It was important!” She sat up with a huff, pulling a stray leaf from her hair “What was it? Who was it? I was looking for someone, but who?” She sat thinking for a second before it dawned on her, causing her to jump to her feet in excitement “Lady Menat! That’s right, I must find Lady Menat.”

Alice brushed off her skirt and began walking deeper into the gardens, calling out in a sing-song voice “Yoohoo! Lady Menat? Are you hiding amongst the violets? Or am I just talking to myself? Is that un-normal? I’d say so, Alice.”

WC: 315 | @Menat

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat was still attempting to come to terms with the more foreign aspects of her new biology. Since she had returned home with her new Spriggan form she had taken notice of the changes to her. For one she was no longer able to taste her mother's cooking as she once could. The food itself had even become less filling. Instead she had come to the realization that she now needed to take in her nutrients as a typical plant would. She was grateful her mother had made a point of adding a garden to the palace during its construction as it proved to be one of, if not, the best spots for the young King Candidate to literally plant her roots. The sun always hit just ever so perfectly in the palace garden when it came time for Menat to feed.

A peaceful sign was quickly turned into a ting of annoyance as she could hear the giggles of another as the frolicked through the violets, clearly indicated as the individual made a note of exclaiming how the violets were pretty among other describing factors. There had been additional comments made of being able to see or smell as well as being a real girl. These clues were more than enough for Menat to know just exactly who had intruded on her peaceful meal. It was Alice, her sister's living doll. Or she would suppose golem? After all that was, in a sense, what a golem was. She actually had yet to fully understand just what exactly Alice actually was now that she was no longer a simply toy her sister carried around.

With a sigh Menat found her mind drifting to a single thought. 'I need to get mom's builders to build me my own garden in my wing.' However, like with all her siblings, she would play nice with Alice all the same. She meant a lot to Mirna after all. Oddly enough, as she listened to the former toy, it seemed Alice had come looking for Menat herself this time. Calling for the eldest princess she wondered if she were among the violets or if she were simply talking to herself. Yet with her feet literally rooted to the ground she was currently immobile. "I'm here Alice, but I'm not in the violets. I'm having a meal in one of the small clearings so I can't make my way towards you I'm afraid." She would call out to the somewhat ditzy girl. Solomon's sake it was weird to eat through your feet.

WC: 427 @alice

Alice

Alice
D-Tier
D-Tier

“Oh! Are you having a picnic? How lovely, I’ve never been to a picnic before.” Alice stated cheerily, deftly weaving her way through the foliage in the direction of Menat’s voice “Well no, I’m sure I’ve been to a picnic before. I’ve been to hundreds of picnics if I’m being completely honest. What I meant to say is I’ve never been to a picnic where I could actually eat the food before and- Oh.”

Alice turned the corner and came into full view of Menat, noticing how the princess was quite literally planted into the ground. She didn’t look put off or concerned, but her face filled with a pure curiosity that was often only found in children “Curious.” Mirna had told Alice about Menat’s transformation, as much as a young child could explain something so complex to someone who was also very childlike, but this was Alice’s first time actually seeing it for herself.

She walked up slowly and examined the ground at and around Menat’s feet “Curiouser and curiouser. Is it strange? Turning from a person to a not-person? Or maybe it’s a demi-person? It was strange for me, turning from a not person into a person. Not many people can understand how it feels, how different everything is.” Alice grew a bit more solemn as she spoke now “I think it’s strange. Being Alice is so much different now, so much...more.”

In an instant, a giggle echoed from her and filled the little clearing “I’m still not used to being able to move my hands and feet all on my own!”

WC: 580 | @Menat

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Yup. She was gonna need a private garden with a girl like Alice around for sure. The eldest of Merrze's children had been of an open mind and was constantly trying to give others the benefit of the doubt but when someone was as sickeningly sweet twenty four-seven like Alice constantly appeared to be it was hard for it not to end up agitating someone's nerves. Plus there what the whole Mirna of the situation and Menat was in no way looking to ever do something that even risked her siblings looking at her in a less than ideal light. Her gut told her to retract her roots before Alice could arrive but she paid those instincts no mind, continuing to feed on the nutrients in the soil as she listened to the former toy ramble on and on about how she had never been to picnics before only to go on and ramble instead about how she had actually been to numerous ones. Only not ones where she was able to eat herself.

Her voice faltered with a simple "oh" as she appeared in Menat's line of sight, meaning of course that she had also entered Alice's. Clearly the former doll hadn't realized from whatever Mirna had explained to her of Menat's transformation into a Spriggan that she was, for whatever it mattered, an actual plant person now. She paused to herself as a single rogue thought manifested itself. 'I swear whoever made her should have made her a blonde.' Menat found herself questioning that very thought. Where had she gotten that idea? That blondes tended to be more empty headed than non-blondes? Had she heard it somewhere in passing? She had been travelling quite a lot both before her adventures into Ipos, even back before her trip to Kina, and after she had spent those four long months within the dungeon. Now she found herself seemingly quoting Alice as the word "curious" came to mind about it.

It was enough for her to focus on something other than Alice's ramblings for the most part. The Spriggan Princess found herself tuning back in to the rather one sided conversation as the former doll started on about how it felt different to be Alice now and to be able to move on her own. "Alice, sorry to interrupt but you're rambling again." Menat spoke calmly to the lively golem. She had decided to give up on her meal, which she was only partway through, and had started to retract her roots back up from the soil. The tendrils of plant slithering back into her legs and twisting into a more natural foot form as the bark surrounding it moved back into place. Within a minute she was once again standing on what would appear as normal feet skillfully crafted from fine tree bark. "Was there something you needed me for? Is Mirna alright?" She shifted quickly to worrying of her younger sister's safety and overall situation.

WC: 499 @alice

Alice

Alice
D-Tier
D-Tier

“I’m sorry, my lady.” She spoke in a quieter, subdued voice as she watched Menat’s feet shift before her very eyes “I am just not used to talking. Solomon only knows how many years I spent having one sided conversations with countless people. Now that I actually can talk it’s so enchanting I just don’t want to stop. And I think to myself ‘Alice, maybe you shouldn’t talk as much’ and myself replies ‘well, Alice, I must talk! After all, a voice is a terrible thing to waste’ to which I reply something to the effect of that’s not how the saying goes and-”

She paused and blushed a bit sheepishly “I also tend to just say whatever comes to my mind in a moment. I just...like to talk, I suppose.” Her left foot twitched subtly, moving in a circular motion twice before returning to its previous position next to her right “And Lady Mirna is fine. She was actually remiss that I wanted to come and talk to you, apparently she had a big tea party planned. Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington, Lord of Bearingsworth, has come for a visit and I was to greet our guest of honor.”

Alice squared her shoulders and raised her chin high, steeling herself for what she was to say next “But I am here because this is more important. I want you to teach me...to teach me to fight.”

WC: 820 | @Menat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum