The Secrets Within These Four Walls [Plot/Event/Kina/Solo for Hyperion]

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Naran watched as Eight examined the room while pretending that she was still asleep, wondering whether he would figure out her closed-room mystery. As he looked closer at the scratch marks, he could determine that they were not human at all. He would notice, however, that they made some sort of pattern. In some areas, they formed simplistic pictures. In other places, they marked out letters and small words. On the side of the bed, the scratches looked like someone had tried to lift themselves out of the bed, but forgot how strong they were, as if they were too weak to sit up themselves.

“You continue looking around, boy. I’ll translate these words, though it might take me some time. After all, this is a tongue that I have seen nowhere else.” As she tapped a ring on her middle finger, she shone a bright light up to the words and began deciphering the crude markings. On the other side of the room, Eight would continue his investigation into the blue liquid. Looking closer, he could tell that the trail had begun by the bed and ended at the back wall rather abruptly. If he tried to look closer at the wall, he would be interrupted by some ominous words, “I cannot be sure, but I believe the words are ‘father’, ‘Morihana’, ‘priest’, ‘sleep’ and ‘hungry’...” Looking back at Naran, Fumiko cast a point question at her sleeping figure, “What were you doing here, High Priest?”

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion would recall the details of the rooms he had crossed. He double checked if this blue fluid wasn't the same fluid running through the wires that were similar to that of the bough. Hyperion recalled the poorly? mummified priest, and the red blood graffiti without a victim, a painting of an oni titled "Blue." He recalled some of the information that Fumiko had imparted onto him

Hyperion was very aware that the Morihana were in kahoots with the priest on this floor, for reasons unknown. The priest wasn't quite the resourceful type to truly make use of what was here, so it had to be the Morihana. And there was one thing that stood out about the Morihana above all the other clans was their dungeon beast physiology and Abe's ability to splice genes. In particular, all these mentions of blue and oni, mixed with this blue liquid. It was the most probably thing to come across Hyperion's mind.

"Was it the blue-horned Oni who was here? If so, what happened to him? The puddle of blood...? It seems to lead to nowhere. And it seems that you've done quite a few many things here, High Priest!" No longer referring to the name Naran as he thought of Hyuga and Kurose. "It seems that you and the Morihana were conducting your own experiments here, and some soul was irreparably damaged. But why did you collaborate with the Morihana, High Priest?"

He would turn to Fumiko and whisper to her, "Could this blue-horned oni possibly be the flesh you were speaking of?"

──────────────────────────────────────────────

The Secrets Within These Four Walls [Plot/Event/Kina/Solo for Hyperion] - Page 3 ZuxZMnk

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“It took you some time, eh, slaver? But yeah, this was where little Bonny was.” Woken up from her brief nap, Naran said that name without hesitating, as if it was common knowledge, but she realised with one glance at Eight and Fumiko’s faces that it was not a familiar name at all. “Oh, come on! It’s not that hard to guess: the Blue-Horned Oni, B H Oni, Bonny, eh? Pretty clever, I must admit, even though it was that Morihana brat who came up with it. Ugh, he kept on claiming that he was my equal, you know? Got on my bloody nerves...”

As she saw that Eight had begun whispering with Fumiko, Naran started pouting in mock sadness and knocked upon the side of the now-empty bed loudly. “Hey, slaver, I didn’t invite you into my bedroom just for you to chat amongst yourselves!” She had heard what Eight was asking Fumiko, and it seemed that the Kogatan leader had no better guesses than Eight about the nature of the Blue-Horned Oni. “Why ask the hag over there? She knows nothing about the slumber parties we held down here, especially since there were only a few Morihanan members who were allowed.”

She jumped to her feet, stretching her arms as if she had risen from a long and healthy sleep, “But there isn’t much time for us to think about who was doing what and who they were doing what with, alright? If you haven’t realised, the pillow fight upstairs has awoken this entire structure, from Bonny dearest to the Ame-no-Mihashira itself.” She smiled as the chamber was rocked with a violent thud, as if it were right on cue, and gestured towards the wall which Eight had just investigated, “So why don’t we all get out of here before the building crashes down on top of us, hey? If we all survive, we can, you know, swap notes afterwards!” Flashing them a cruel smile, she pushed open the wall to reveal a hidden passageway and headed inside without a glance backwards.

Notes:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion felt some distnt kinship to Bonny, wondering just who was the Morihana brat that considered himself equal to a user of space-time magic. He would have to investigate this further as well as connect with the Shikizui and the Hinamoto clans in retrospect to what has happened.

He knew this would be the only chance to claim one of these branches. Hyperion wanted to be an inconspicuous as possible and took advantage of the tumultuous events overhead to get his Sling, a Slime Spider to climb around the wall and knocks one of the branches loose over his head so he'd be able to catch one. As Sling got into position, Hyperion would maoe sure to collect a sample of the the blue fluid. Perhaps with some proper life or clairvoyance magic, one could accomplish some interesting things.

If there was a reasonable amount of time, Eight would stand beside Fumiko taking notes and trying to glance at just exactly she was trying to gleen from these walls before trailing behind Naran, and following the blue liquid.

The Secrets Within These Four Walls [Plot/Event/Kina/Solo for Hyperion] - Page 3 ZuxZMnk

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fumiko stared at the wall intently, writing her translations without looking down. Indeed, she was so engrossed in her notes that she did not notice what Eight was doing. At least, it went unnoticed until a branch was dislodged from the ceiling with a loud and thunderous thud. As she turned towards him, however, she realised that some branches had begun shaking and clattering - as though they were ready to fall like rain from a leaden sky. “Quick, boy! It seems that the High Priest lied about the time available for us!”

In a moment, her notebook had vanished into her sleeves, swapping it for a bulbous pipe. Blowing into its mouthpiece, a bubble appeared from its latter end and enveloped the entirety of Fumiko’s body. As she rushed towards the exit, the ceiling began rumbling louder and a branch fell dead-straight towards her. She did not falter or change path, however, because it stopped upon her bubble and bounced onto the ground.

But that was enough. One branch was enough that the entire ceiling began crumbling down, folding in on itself like a pack of cards. With that one branch, a shower of dull-looking branches began drenching the room with sharp and deadly rain. If they could weather this storm, she believed that they would be safe in the corridor behind that hidden door. Or rather, Fumiko had no other choice but to believe in it...

Notes:

Bulbous Pipe:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

He would be alerted by Fumiko to the gravity of the tremors. He would slide on his feet at B tier speeds behind the Kogatan matriarch. He would use the internal magic bestowed upon him to throw multiple layers of his Diving Bell. Sixteen overlapping bubbles of slime surrounded the Ooze Overlord; the spell similar to that of Fumikos.

The bubbles of slime would pop after each quartet of strikes. He would be focused on reaching the end of the corridor to a moments peace.

It was after the harrowing destruction of the tunnel that he would take his time to speak with Fumiko without the tricks and double talk.

Gathering his breath after dealing with the cave-in. "We shared a near death experience, I suppose that bonds us now?"

Pausing for Fumikos input, acknowledging her words.

"Fumiko, regardless of what you ordered of me with the branch, I bare no ill will towards you. In fact, I respect you for beating me to it. I know I am a foreigner who was invited as a piece to a much great game. However in all my life, I have never met someone nor a group that suited me as much as the Kogata clan. Not even the Black Spiders. I am willing to pledge my life to the Kogata clan, as I have shown how I directed and recruited foreigners to your aid, having formed the largest alliance during the chaos. I will do whatever it takes. "

"But I would only offer my services should you show me mutual respect. I would only accept being your right-hand man and official member of the Kogata clan, and citizen of Kina. And I have a few more questions that need to be answered. What notes were you able to take? I am still speechless to what we have witnessed. And what are your plans now? I will accept nothing less than having the Kogata clan becoming the Shogun of Kina."

Diving Bell Used and sustained 15 times.

-255 Magoi

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sliding across the floor, Eight and Fumiko would narrowly escape the chamber. With their bubbles popped, they were left exposed and exhausted inside the mud-packed corridor. But as they paused for breath, Fumiko would respond to Eight with a slight smile, “Yes, boy, I suppose we are now bonded.” Recovered slightly, she gestured towards him, beckoning him to follow and continue talking. It seemed that she was still concerned for the stability of this corridor, for the walls shook with light tremors, but she kept those thoughts from her mind as she listened to Eight.

“I have found it surprising that you alone have stayed by my side, boy." She did not look at eight, but mused to herself. "I have played you as a pawn, as I have all the Kogata, but you have stayed with me and found yourself a position equal to mine as a player. Ah, how strange it is that I have found someone who entertains and challenges me as you do...” She tossed a green-coloured box into his hands, inside which lay a small and golden earring. “I doubt that I will find anyone quite as extraordinary as you, boy. Mmm, yes, it would be a waste if we did not capitalise upon this fortuitous meeting. So I shall take your offer with open arms, boy…”

She smiled a snake-like smile, filled with venom and expectation, “...but not quite as you had wanted. For I am certain that the Kogata shall not exist once Akihiko has laid his hands upon them. No, not once the Toh and Kazeharu brats have paved the road to their so-called reform. Instead, we must infiltrate whichever clan fills the power vacuum they will surely create.’ Her words came bitter and strong, hissing at their Hinamotoan prey. “I shall not be the Shogun. At least, I shall let others play that part for now. Ah, how unusual that the High Priest opened my eyes there.”

“We must allow Kina to rebuild itself, else we cannot transform it into something greater. I am sure you have heard the saying: a house cannot be built upon sand? Instead, we have our own parts to play. I shall return to the Black Spiders and gather resources through them. As for you? I think that the conflict over that Tartarus place should be perfect for our plans, ripe with people and knowledge.” As she looked at him, she saw a fellow snake primed to devour the hatching eggs of Kinan democracy.

“Would you not agree?”

Small Earring:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion could tell they were in accord, but his predictions seemed to not be aligned with Fumiko. He would defer to the expert, whom had years in the area. As he thought it out, it made plenty of sense that the area would unfold as such, barring any extreme measures going on.

"I can't disagree with your plans. We'll have to see what unfolds from the chaos, but we'll be waiting. However, I don't believe I'll be enough help in Tartarus. I've seen the weakness of my body time and time again here in Kina, and I have a few questions for the Black Spiders myself. I'll be heading to Balbaad and finding a few things out for myself then I'll strengthen myself to be read for the future of Kina."

As he spoke, he would attach the earring to his lobe. Hyperion would extend a hand going deeper into Fumikos personal space, as if to grab towards her elbow; a Reiman handshake.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After he spoke, Fumiko accepted his request and handshake alike, welcoming Eight into her fold. She attached her own earring, matching his jewel-laden ear, and took his hand into hers. “We shall both have our separate journeys, Eight, but we shall be joined through these earrings.” As they walked together, steps in unison, the light from the blue-tinged wires was soon dwarfed by daylight streaming through the exit ahead. “Should you wish for my advice or presence, I shall answer immediately.”

“You’ve made your decision then?” Coming outside, Eight and Fumiko were greeted with cliffs and waves, around which Naran floated sluggishly. “I assume that you heard everything, Naran?” It looked as though they had found themselves within a secret Kinan harbour, hidden from prying eyes. “I trust that you shall not tell anyone then?” A breeze ruffled Fumiko’s clothes, revealing the blades and devices hidden within their folds, sharp and deadly like her tongue. “Who would I tell about your plans anyways?” Against the sea-spray flashing white, the gold within Naran’s hand was clear and distinct. “I’m not staying here, missy. I’ve got better things to do after all. You know, people to see and scenes to watch. I’m not gonna stay around this island anymore, not when I’ve been stuck here for centuries.” She pointed her sword towards Eight and Fumiko casually, much like someone handing out flyers. “Hey, I’m feeling pretty good with all this freedom, so why don’t I help you out? You could even say that I only got out cos of you two, right? So I think I owe you guys something!” As she twirled the sword around, cutting the waves in two, a smile came onto Naran’s face.

“Is there anywhere you need to go?”

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There was a familiarity to Naran's body that he couldn't shake off, but it was the high priest who had stolen the prey he had been planning to claim, but such notions of slavery and the like began to wane as a pillar of motivation.

It was.... heartwarming? To know that Fumiko was at a calls reach with these earrings. And with everything that had happened in the aftermath, the three of them would split ways.

Hyperion had decide between Kina and reaching out to the home base of the Black Spiders, but it seemed as if some massive aftermath would be unfolding and he would be best suited to keeping an eye out from a distance and returning once things began to unfold.

"Balbadd."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As waves crashed against the rock-hewn harbour, Fumiko would place one hand upon Eight’s shoulder, looking him firm in the eyes, “We have a new game-board, Eight and new opponents against whom we must play.” Her cheeks made wet with salty sea-spray, Fumiko would nod her head towards the still-floating Naran. “But remember our advantage,’ In a moment, the sea-breeze rushed outwards whilst an eight-pointed star branded itself upon the rushing waters below. “For we are not one person anymore. We are two players in the same position now. Remember that and we shall soon take victory.” With a firm squeeze of his shoulder, Fumiko turned towards the cliff’s edge. “I think we shall see each other sooner than expected.” A smile coming upon her usual poker-face, she stepped into the waters and disappeared into the star-shaped circle laid upon the waves.

“You said Balbadd, right?” Naran cared naught for Eight and Fumiko’s farewell, ushering him towards the cliffside as well. “You’re going round to Remus’ group, aren’t you?” She waved her sword in the cold air, the circle changing slightly as she did so. “I know you don’t care much for me, and I don’t care anything for you. But, you know, incase you still got a heart, slaver, then tell him to go fuck himself. Nah, you wouldn’t do that, would you. You never actually liked her… I mean, me. Whatever, you know what I mean.” Sighing, as if her identity-confusion was simply annoying more than anything else, she gestured towards the circle. “Well, whether you grow a heart or not, you gotta get there and I’m true to my word. So just jump. Scared it’ll just end with you dead? Well, there’s a fifty-fifty chance, slaver. I don’t like you, so I might’ve just cast an illusion.” She started sniggering, giggles escaping from her contorted lips. “I won’t say either way.” Watching his hesitation, her giggles became full-throated laughter, echoing around the cavernous harbour. “I’m only joking!” As he decided whether he should jump or not, however, she would whisper an incantation under her breath and the cliffside crumbled beneath his feet. “Or am I?”

As she watched Eight fall into her magic circle, Naran would stretch her arms out as if waking from a deep sleep. “Ugh, now that I’ve got those two out of my way, what should I do?” She began smiling even as she said that, a smile confused but satisfied. “Wow, I can’t believe I just said that...” She twirled a strand of red hair around her finger, her smile growing ever wider. “How many decades, no, how many centuries has it been since I’ve been able to ponder what I should do? I've always been chasing after my goal, after this goal, of being free that I’ve never stopped to wonder what I should do or where I should go next.” As she swung her sword absentmindedly, she caught sight of her red hair and smiling face, “But, of course, it’s obvious for us, for me.”

“It’s time that I go home.”

Thank you for writing this plot with me, Eight! Now that the thread has finished, I should summarise the rewards you have gained:

You have finished the Alma Torran plot required to find and utilise the Iessai no Sutemu, also acquiring the Gorou no Onigashima as a result.
You have acquired a vial of mysterious blue fluid from the Vault.
You have forged a deep friendship with Fumiko Kogata, acquiring a
Jewel of Hearing from her.
You may register a free identity for the
Flesh Tailor trait, based on an identity supplied by Fumiko.
You have limited access to Kina through the Vault’s subterranean harbour.
You have raised your rank in the Black Spiders, being held in high regard by Remus himself.
You are now Omega rank!

Blue Fluid:

The Secrets Within These Four Walls [Plot/Event/Kina/Solo for Hyperion] - Page 3 Db435410

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum