You are not connected. Please login or register

Boreal Valley [ Private | Nioh ]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

the hard snow crunches beneath his feet. carrying their hunt, the dogs trail behind him. their fur, a dense white, rivaling the frozen land they traipsed. frost clings to the surface of his azure locks and the tips of his lashes. the wind was as wild as a stallion and the fractals it carried pelted the skin like hail.

it stung more than he would admit. storms like these were the worst. to be caught out in one, even more so. it was easy to get lost if you didn’t know where you were going. luckily, that was the least of his issues.

but he keeps his cloak pulled tight to his chest, a weak flame burning in his hands. just enough warmth to survive in this hellscape.

it was when he saw a silhouette in the distant slurry of snow. he stops— squinting to make out the form. the voids in his eyes pulse. an animal? it was difficult to tell. in his luck, he didn’t want to know. he holds out his hand, halting the dogs, before pressing forward.

then, the form takes shape— sudden, with clarity. he releases the breath he had been holding. his scarlet eyes peer down at the mortal as his size has him towering over the boy.

how strange. he was not familiar. by the size of him, he would be but a few years old. except, he was not of the mortals in this continent. not by the white locks he adorned.

“child,” he addresses him, his tone stern, “what business do you have out in this storm?”

266 WORDS | @Nioh

weapons:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Talon of the Phoenix
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] Spear
[b]Material:[/b] Gold-Plated Rampaging Unicorn Horn
[b]Appearance:[/b] A well-crafted spear made from a rampaging unicorn horn and dipped in a layer of gold. It is 426 cm ( 14 ft ) in length.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Boreal Valley [ Private | Nioh ] 7rvaACd

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Nioh loved the snow. When he was growing up he would wait on bated breath for the days where the sky would open up and release its little ice crystals, and when it did he would run outside, giggling all the while as he played in the snow.

It put a lot of stress on his mother, as he would often do so at random times of day and in clothes that would keep him less than warm, but luckily it didn’t snow in large enough quantities for it to be a real danger to him.

Out here in the frozen tundra of the north, one would think the novelty of snow and ice would’ve run out as he was practically drowned in it. But Nioh was a bit strange, and he found his love of snow only deepened. He didn’t truly mind the cold that it brought, so while travelling he could take his time to admire the frozen land around him.

Since making landfall, he’d traveled to a few different human settlements in search of the Imuchakk. He had been met with a few strange looks, but he didn’t mind it at all. The storm had come a few hours after he left the last village, and he entertained the idea of turning back. But the beauty of the storm swept him up and he trekked on.

He didn’t notice that he stopped to look up at the sky, not until he was pulled from his reverie by a voice. His eyes refocused and he found the origin of the voice: a man that towered over him by nearly ten feet “Oh… I was traveling when the storm hit and….isn’t it beautiful?” He motioned around them, then adjusted the satchel he had slung over his back.

He didn’t seem to notice being called a child “I’m used to thunderstorms, but snowstorms have a different kind of tranquility. Easy to get lost in...” He trailed off a bit, his eyes drawn to the ice falling from the sky.

WC: 340 | @Rameses
Items (in satchel):

Code:
[center][img]https://gbf.wiki/images/thumb/7/7a/Npc_zoom_3030039000_81.png/480px-Npc_zoom_3030039000_81.png[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Hyades
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Material:[/b] White Adler; Gold
[b]Appearance:[/b] This staff strangely enough takes the form of a large oar, measuring 182cm (6ft) in length. It is made of a beautifully polished white wood, with golden banding and adornments along its paddle, haft and at its pommel. The base of the paddle is also inlaid with a bright glittering sapphire on either side, the gems glowing when channeling the user's magic.

[center][img(250px,250px)]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/darksouls/images/0/08/Estus_Flask_%28DSIII%29_-_01.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20160613233757[/img][img(250px,250px)]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/darksouls/images/5/52/Ashen_Estus_Flask_-_01.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20160613233753[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Essence of the Dawn
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Type:[/b] Magic Item
[b]Magic Type:[/b] Sunseer [Heat+Light+Clairvoyance]
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 magoi to activate | 5 to sustain
[b]Appearance:[/b] On the outside, it is an ordinary flask that is roughly 20 cm tall and 7 cm wide. During the day, the inside is filled with a warm, fluorescent golden liquid that seems to come alive at the touch. It's warmth reminds you of the kiss of the sun on a summer day or a mother's loving embrace. In the night, the liquid turns blue and cold, shining brightly like the moon.
[b]Function:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]The Wrath of Apollo[/b] - After channeling magoi into the flask, keeping the flask upright, the liquid sunlight will drain out and seep into the ground. A pillar of scorching light that is 20 meters in diameter will erupt from the ground underneath the target and deal B tier damage in the form of burns as well as applying the effects of the magic type.
[*][b]The Gift of Diana[/b] - After channeling magoi into the flask, turning the flask upside down, the liquid moonlight will drain out onto the surface below, creating an icy mirror that is 15 meters in diameter. It will show any past or present the user wishes to see. However, it will be silent and the user many only look into a maximum of 1 threads per use or sustain.
[/list]

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/zEHsZlC.png[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Onigiri
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Description[/b] A small snack food.
[b]Effect:[/b] Allows the user to recover 25 magoi while resting.

Boreal Valley [ Private | Nioh ] CkEI8gv
"Shall I show you the might of the maelstrom?
The Vault of Nioh

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

beautiful..?

those were not the typical words one would hear out here— nor had anyone asked him such a question in this lifetime. it catches him off guard. he blinks. no— he couldn’t say it was in that way. but in the way that those particles of crystalline ice danced in the reflection of his eyes. bright, glistening sapphires. if such gems could be so envious of their color.

he hums, turning his head. “quite.” a vague answer. but from one quite lost himself. “but i am not fond of the cold.” which was strange— for what he was. but the comforts of his vessel were weak at best. or simply, it was something he would never get used to.

“where will your travels take you?” it was possible it would lead him nowhere. “my village is just north of here. if shelter is what you seek.”

413 WORDS | @Nioh

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

“I’m actually headed to a village.” Nioh couldn’t help but think he was being rude to the stranger, seeing as he was holding a conversation without sparing him more than a glance. He pulled his eyes away from the snow and really looked at the towering figure head on. The height shocked him a bit again, even though he’d noticed how tall the other was a moment ago. He wasn’t the tallest person, but he’d never met someone this much taller than him.

When his eyes trailed up to the man’s face, he stared a bit. Blue hair framed handsome features, red markings decorated his cheeks, but what drew Nioh’s attention were the red eyes. He couldn’t figure out how to describe them. They weren’t soft enough to be called velvet, nor where they like gems. Their red was more reminiscent of freshly spilled-

Nioh abruptly sucked in a breath “Are you an Imuchakk?” He finally put together the tanned skin, blue hair and large stature, and as he did his eyes took on a sparkle of excitement as he craned his neck to maintain eye contact with the tall man “I was headed to an Imuchakk village!”

WC: 540 | @Rameses

The Vault of Nioh

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

his eyes fall back down to him. a coincidence. perhaps, it was fate that placed him in his path. the flow of rukh was strange in how it could dictate even something so simple.

“i am.” at least in this life. but it was difficult to answer with the truth. he didn’t like talking about it. since it only made him yearn for the freedom of once was.

a small smile graces his features. “and it seems you are not far off your path.” even in such a storm. it would not surprise him if he had such a gift to navigate so well in them.

“come,” he beckons before beginning to continue on his path, “it is not far from here.”

the dogs seem to pick up on his voice, marching forward with their hunt to follow them. while the blood had long drained from the corpse, small, faint lines still dragged behind in the snow. it would not take them long to reach the village. as there was less than a mile left for the stretch judging by how long he had been walking prior.

“what do they call you?”

605 WORDS | @Nioh

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Nioh started walking after Rameses, but really it was more of a waddle. His legs weren’t that long to start with, but with the snow around them, he was like a toddler trying to run after their parent. After a bit, he gave up trying to keep up with the Imuchakk and instead fell behind him, stepping into the tracks he had cleared as he walked.

He could still hear Rameses from behind him, but the question didn’t fully register before the dogs came into sight. Nioh assumed they belonged to Rameses, they seemed tame from a glance, and he couldn’t help but notice their fur was a similar shade as his hair. He wondered idly if they liked being petted…

“Oh! My name is Nioh. I’m a magician from Magnostadt.” He continued forward after Rameses “What about you, Mr. Imuchakk Hunter? And do your dogs have names?” He thought about adding in that they were cute, but didn’t know if that would be considered rude or not, so he left it at that. He’d bring up how cute they were later.

WC: 722 | @Rameses

The Vault of Nioh

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

magnostadt. out of all the places he could remember, that was not one of them. yet there was a sense of nostalgia that spread through him like wildfire. the click of heels against cobblestone melded with footsteps in the snow. a cool breeze passes through him. it smelled of the sea and warm, spiced bread.

the magician’s voice cuts through his daydream, like a ripple of a leaf in a still pool of water.

he hadn’t even noticed he had stopped in place. even if it was for just a short moment. frost flicks off his lashes as they flutter. his temples ached and if it weren’t for the dogs and the magician trailing behind him, surely, he would have lost his way.

“rameses,” he answers, curt. an unordinary name for an imuchakk. not unlike his brother, he had been given another name. one more suited to their culture. but it was one he had never taken as his own. it was a memory of a time long passed that he clung to in all his lives.

before he continues forward, he glances back at the dogs. “if they did, i wouldn’t know. they’re not mine.” more or less, they belonged to the village. a pair that had never gone their way back into the wild. but they liked to hunt. “you could ask around.” someone would have given them each a name of their own.

the dogs’ tails would wag, their golden eyes looking to nioh as if they knew he was speaking of them. friendly, they were, and if he would pet them, they wouldn’t complain.

subtly, rameses slows his pace, turning his head ever so slightly to keep the magician in his vision.

“tell me more about your homeland.”

897 WORDS | @Nioh

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Rameses" Nioh lets the name roll slowly off of his tongue to float away on the cold air. It was an elegant name, almost regal. It matched the set of the Imuchakk’s features, melded well with his voice. It might not have been befitting of the Imuchakk, not that Nioh would know one way or another, but it was befitting of this Imuchakk for certain. And it was a nice name to say. Nioh could definitely do with saying it more.

At hearing the dogs didn’t have names, official ones at least, Nioh turned to them with a playful pout and scratched each under the chin “That just won’t do, will it? Since you’re traveling with Rameses, I’ll call you Remus” He gave the one to his left an enthusiastic scratching “and you'll be Romulus” then turned to give the one on his right the same treatment. A bright smile blossomed on his face as he left the pups and continued walking behind Rameses.

He noticed the tall man slowing, though it was probably because even he found it difficult to walk in all this snow. Conserving energy or something like that “Magnostadt is a wonderful place, surrounded by wide open plains as far as the eye can see. Nature unbound, outside of a few farms here and there.” Nioh’s voice took on a light, airy quality as he reminisced. As if he weren’t quite all there.

“The city proper is a site to see, however. It is the magic capital of the world, so magic in Magnostadt is as bountiful as snow in the north. You can’t turn a corner without running into someone practicing a spell or a theory.” He giggled at his own little joke “And the Academy is even grander: a repository of vast knowledge both mundane and magical. Magicians, wizards anyone with magic potential comes from far and wide to Magnostadt for even the smallest chance at learning what the city has to offer...”

Suddenly, Nioh turned from chipper to somber, his voice trailing off softly.

WC: 1063 | @Rameses

The Vault of Nioh

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

ベンヌ
everything is more beautiful because we're doomed.
tags
notes -
Magic— it was a talent so ingrained in his very existence. As he was made of the pure forces of the flow. A mighty phoenix beneath the fragile blood and bone of mortals. Yet all he knew of himself ebbed in blurred visions that teased his senses with fragments of what was once apart of him.

He held out his palm, allowing the flakes of snow to melt upon his skin. There was such a lack of magic in this place, he seldom saw the rukh. For a city abundant of the mystical nature of fate, it must have beauty far beyond any words the magician could give him.

Rameses lends him a nod and a subtle smile. "While I am no magician," he says, "I will have to make a note to see it someday. It is possible I may find what I am looking for—" As such things could not be found so far from his true home in the desert. But if this life would be long, he had the time to get there.

As fast as time tended to pass, through the flurry, a horizon of buildings and the soft, orange glow of fire— civilization.

"Ah, we are here.”

There was much the phoenix could warn the man beside him. How the locals were not privy to travelers or how they would not lend him a place to rest. It felt customary to say so. They were a cautious people. But neither was ever true.

The dogs would drag on ahead of them, eager for the reward that awaited them after their journey. Rameses would let them go, but turn more to Nioh.

“May I ask why you were seeking my village? Aside from the obvious storm, that is.”

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

When Rameses talked about visiting Magnostadt, a thought came to Nioh unbidden. The thought of him and Rameses visiting Magnostadt together, of them visiting other places, of traveling together and having a fun time and- If his cheeks weren’t already red from the intense cold then Nioh was sure he would be flush now. Something about the thought, though it was innocent, was…embarrassingly intimate.

When Rameses asked Nioh why he was headed towards the village, his walk would slow down a bit and his demeanor would sober “I- It’ll sound silly.” He talked so Rameses could still hear him but he did seem apprehensive about continuing “I heard a story about how great the warriors of the Imuchakk are and...I want to learn to be a warrior like that. Strong and brave.”

“I know prejudices exist, those who aren’t magicians are known as Goi in Magnostadt. They’re treated like they’re less than. To be honest, I didn’t think about being treated that way when I set out on this journey. Very naive of me.” He gave a nervous chuckle, staring at the snow around them “What am I in for?”

WC: 1254 | @Rameses

The Vault of Nioh

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

ベンヌ
notes -
Nioh would halt to a slower pace which causes the giant to nearly stop. His voice quivers at the start of his admission. But while some of it was strange, none of it had been silly.

Even the youth of their own land aspired to become as great as their warriors. His eyes would scan over the magician. Such a small frame. But looks could be deceiving. At the core of it all, he found himself in a similar position.

Rameses takes a short moment to gather his thoughts, lips slightly agape. “You won’t find such a thing here,” he starts. His stare settles on his village. “Everyone has their place but none held in higher regard than the other. Not even the chieftain is of greater importance than the forager.” Each member of their society had their own strengths.

But it was a system founded on respect. Without it, you were no one.

“It is true that we are wary of travelers. But it matters not if they are foreign.” Their grueling history was enough to prove that fact. “Those who practice magic in these lands are known as shamans. It is a duty that I share with all but a few of our elders. See?” The rukh gathers, bright and crimson around his fingertips. A dim, ember-like glow takes over his eyes as a small flame forms. It burns for a moment before the wind blows it out.

“If you wish to become a warrior in the eyes of my people, you must be prepared to push yourself— to rely on your own strength and not your magic.”

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Nioh’s eyes grew a bit in wonder as he watched Rameses summon swirling flames. The Imuchakk was already interesting enough, but he seemed to keep giving glimpses of things that made him more and more fascinating to the young magician. Even if he wasn’t exactly cut out to be a great warrior, Nioh felt he might remain in the village just for the chance to decipher the enigma that was Rameses.

“Well” His voice came out far more breathy than he was comfortable with, causing Nioh to clear his throat as subtly as possible. Which wasn’t subtle at all “I am not too strong physically, but I have a strength of mind that I’m sure will help me figure the kind of warrior I am best suited to be.” He took a few more steps forward, trying to recover his previous speed so Rameses wouldn’t have to slow himself.

“In the meantime, and in the event I am not warrior material, I’m sure I’d make a passable shaman. Who knows, maybe I have knowledge of magic to share. Or learn.” Slowly, a smile split Nioh’s face “You know, I was nervous about this but I think it’s sizing up to be a wonderful adventure.”

WC: 1458 | @Rameses

The Vault of Nioh

Rameses

Rameses
C-Tier
C-Tier

ベンヌ
notes -
The slight lack of confidence he expressed was not a flattering trait for him. It was an uglier aspect of the magician. But as such was able to be restored with time. Much like silver that has tarnished over time. All it took was a little polish to restore its shine.

With one look at Nioh, it was obvious that he was no Imuchakk. But his capacity to gain strength was not beyond him.

“We shall both learn much from the other. I am certain.” It was rare that any of the shamans would traverse outside of the village. Let alone the borders of their country. “You will do as well as the effort you put in. I can guide you on the right path but in the end, it will be up to you. Now, come.”

It was a short way into the village but they would soon arrive at one of the smaller longhouses. The thick scent of cedarwood and burning embers wafted into their faces as he opened the doors. Inside, there were a few other Imuchakk, much older than Rameses. Their skin slightly wrinkled, hair dappled with grey.

They remain silent and continue tending to their meditation. Not even do they acknowledge Rameses. Nor did he pay their behavior any attention.

He gravitates to a small room, placing his spear upon the wall. It was cluttered with books and precious treasures. Gold and jewels galore, all sparkling as though they had just been polished. There was no bed but instead a bundle of furs and skins clustered into a large pile that resembled a nest.

“This is my sanctuary,” he says. Though, it was more like his nest. Every bit of chaos was placed with purpose in his eyes. Even if to others it did not seem so. “It is where you may stay for the length of your visit. I do not require sleep so you will have your privacy as you dream. You may read through my journals and books as you please. Though, I do not suspect they contain anything you do not already know.”

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Nioh dutifully followed Rameses into the longhouse, taking in all the sights and smells and sounds like a child experiencing something for the first time. Mostly because this was the first time he had ever seen such a structure, but also owed in part to the way he approached everything new that he could study. And he had already counted a dozen things he wanted to learn inside and out by the time he left the longhouse to see the rest of the village.

Nioh watched the elder Imuchakk as they walked past, doubtlessly shamans like Rameses himself if they lived in the same place. That’s how communities like this worked, from what little he read about tribal societies in all the thousands of hours he spent reading anything he could get his hands on. “To what end do they meditate?” He thought to himself in a scholarly tone, “There are those who believe such practices will help them in controlling the flow of rukh. This could have a similar purpose…”

He thought about the questions he’d ask as he walked with Rameses into the other’s room. He was so lost in mental preparation, as this was shaping up to be a research project as much as it was a pilgrimage. He had let his pack drop to the ground and taken off his coat, laden with quickly melting snow, when he actually processed what Rameses had said “Wait…”

He looked about the room, a deep red flush that could no longer be explained away by the cold creeped in from the tips of his ears down his neck “T-this is your room? I couldn’t possibly just take up your space.” His eyes did linger on the books, the prospect of reading materials almost being enough to stop his protestations. Almost “I would hate to impose, especially since we just met. Not that I think you’re dangerous! I might be...well maybe not to someone of your stature…”

“You know what? Here is fine.” He realized that if he kept talking he would say something embarrassing. Well, something else embarrassing “I’ll try not to take up too much space. Or break anything. Or talk too much. Like I’m doing now.”

WC: 1828 | @Rameses

The Vault of Nioh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum