The First Move [Lagi/B-Rank/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Mission
Spoiler:

With his adventures in Kina mostly behind him, Lagi had some time to himself to focus a lot more on his country. There were a lot of things that have been going on since he was gone, more geared towards the struggle between the former nobles and the newly freed slaves of heliohapt. It all a big convenience for him that they were more focused on each other over the fact that he was starting up with Tartarus itself. However, it did mean that the winner of such a struggle will come face to face with Tartarus eventually. So at this moment, Lagi was speaking to Kaitosu, one of the companions that he's gained from helping out the Kogata clan. When Lagi went back to Tartarus, Kaitosu went with him as well. The reason why he was one of the few humans that Lagi kept close to him was that Lagi believed that there was a better transformation for such a capable ninja. He didn't want anything wasted on a man with such skill, and would rather bring out the best in people instead of the worst. As a ninja that still maintained his humanity, he was also one of the best to move around inconspicuously, as long as he shrouded himself in average clothing that managed to hide his Kina heritage.

"Shall I pour some fresh blood for you? I think there are some leftover reserves from the virgins you requested."

In addition to that, with Lagi allowing him to speak freely, he has become quite the quirky ninja that always had something to say that seemed like it was off the cuff. But Lagi still enjoyed these talks with him, it reminded him of a time where he simply had friends he could talk to and chat away about whatever they wanted. As for the notion of the virgins, he simply fanned him away in that regard.

"No, something regular would suffice. I wouldn't bring out the good stuff just yet, I spend a lot of time in this spire and I expect some hard days to come ahead. Bring out the pig's blood..."

Not as nutritious as human's blood or as delicious, but Lagi was moreso eating as a way to survive than a luxury. He wouldn't be one to complain if it meant that he had a way to sustain himself, and the extra blood that comes from a butcher shop finally has some use.

"Those Zealots came by not too long ago and had something interesting to say.... Shaimaa Al Sadat. Does that ring a bell?"

After dropping a pint of blood into a goblet and handing it to Lagi, the vampire lord shook his head. The name was unknown to him and he had no clue who it was.

"I've been away for quite some time. Can you fill me in? who is this Sadat woman and why is she so important? Does it have something to do with the whole rebel and royal fiasco?"

501/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Much to his surprise, Shaimaa Al Sadat was an influential woman that worked on the side of the remaining nobles in heliohapt. Not only that, Lagi considered her to be very lucky by being able to pass the background check, in which he trusted his magicians to dig deep in order to find anything that might bring about ruin to their currently smaller domain. Apparently, having a legalized black market was the main attractor for some people, and to be able to operate in such openness might not equate to people wanting to destroy that. Or maybe not intentionally, and with Lagi's own rules and laws protecting them, they would be free from persecution outside of whatever the remnants of heliohapt decreed as long as they operated in Tartarus. So in a way, this made a lot of people happy because it meant they could find things that they could not easily gain in other markets.

But what was she looking for?

"Shaimaa....she's an outsourcer that has been working on one of the many negotiation deals with the heliohapt royalty remembrance and their remaining allies. It ranges from nearby settlements, high-end slave-trading groups, and other countries. So a powerful connector for these people huh? Is that how the heliohapt royals are staying in this fight? Are they using an outsourcer to gain favor and supplies from other people?"

It was a fair assumption that heliohapt has been divided into three units, there was never going to be a quick and easy way for individuals to be independent without access to a few areas because of the fractures. It would lead to creative attempts or even desperation, exhausting all of their financial options to make something happen. Tartarus didn't have that problem, the dryads themselves and plant-based dungeon beasts had quite the green thumb in producing products on the ready to feed the people. As for actual meat, there are caretakers for that as well.

"They have a few favors here and there from what I've gathered. You do recall how the heliohapt was with their slaves, they would sooner give up a human being before they give up their favorite chair. "

A fair point, with Lagi mostly gathering from this exchange that she was a person of interest that needed to be investigated thoroughly. If Lagi was going to have a stake in this battle, he needed some allies on the other side. More than ever, it had to be a person whose worth and value would constantly evolve. A social butterfly that already had the contacts and a good reputation was something that Lagi would like to have, especially if an opposing side was relying on her so heavily.

"How's her security detail? Did they pass?"

Kaitosu held up two fingers, which meant that she only had two guards with her at all times. That seemed easy enough, and he had a former shinobi of the kogata clan with him.

"Kai, I have a job for you. I need you to watch her and report back to me. Find out which seller has the most interactions with her."

NPC
Spoiler:

wc: 1000/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Believe it or not, the spying that was being done from Kai and the rest of the zealots posing as regular shoppers paid off. For about a week, every time Shaimaa Al Sadat came inside of the free trade market there was a series of people that she always went to see. Without fail, she managed to shop around and get something that catered towards youth and beauty. Regardless of whether it was a beast related item like some sort of special limb of a creature that you needed to ground and rub on your skin, or some kind of herb, she sought it out. This was something that puzzled Kai in a sense, it almost seemed ritualistic from how she bounced about and got different kinds of ingredients.

"Alright, time to go and see these guys..."

Discreetly walking on over and talking to the men, he tried to get a little information in regards to why they were doing business with her and what the terms of the business were. Initially, seeing that he was a human and possibly a regular person, they decided that they weren't interested in discussing what they were trying to peddle to her. But that was until Kai showed a medallion that belonged to the insignia of the overlord of Tartarus, meaning that he was on some official business on Lagi's behalf. Lips became a lot looser since then, due to the fact that the insignia was hard to get because of how it manufactured compliance outside of the fact of being an overlord of Tartarus.

"Time to report back..."

Upon returning to Lagi, Kai had a series of things that he wanted to report to him. For starters, she only seemed to see people that had a sale of things that promoted health and beauty. At times she would go back to the peddler and complain that it didn't work as well as it promised, almost in a possessive trance of wanting to keep herself and her beauty in a certain way. From the amount of money that she was willing to spend, it was no mistake that she was willing to circulate the currency of Tartarus in order to get what she wanted. This was good business for Lagi, but it also made him hatch an idea.

"What do you think about youth and beauty these days? Think a good quality product that can actually show results over time would sell? I'm sure that a lot of women from all over would pay a pretty coin for such things."

Initially, Kai would laugh.

"A drug lord turned beauty consultant..... I don't think I've ever heard of that one before."

After scanning Lagi's face, he noticed that the overlord was serious.

"You're actually going to go through with it, aren't you? Did you have anything in mind? Most of the sellers expressed their grievances after doing a background check and feeling as if they lost a powerful client."

In response to that, Lagi just smiled.

"I have an idea..."

1500/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum