You are not connected. Please login or register

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Winds howling across the empty city streets. The usual hustle and bustle of life in Reim had slowed to a halt. Market paths were filled by a fraction of pop up shop keepers. Even the drunks had managed to crawl from their hangovers. The republics lifeblood had been drawn elsewhere.

Once one were to reach the Colosseum, people from all walks of life had gathered with anticipation. Jangling of expensive accessories, the dull thud of bare footsteps, mixed in with soldiers at ease in their uniforms from the Unity Corp, and the more laxed, chiseled bodies crowned by crimson locks of the Fanalis Corp all at the gates of the arena. There was a constant hum of chatter. A savory aroma of salted skewers filled the air drawing attention to the array of merchants selling more than just food. Someone would sell good to keep cool, such as paper fans and visors, others would sell telescopic lenses so you could still see the fight from anywhere in the stamds, while one even sold laurels as a memento of the days events. Even more stalls were lined up around the architecture as well as the crowd, with guards chasing any panhandlers that would sour the mood.

"I 'eard some uv our vetty own battlin' tuhday." A citizen of Reim, adorned in burlap tunic cinched at the waist with some twine, speaking to a much wealthier individual confusing him with his accent until a guard in this nobles entourage 'translated' the speech. Promptly, engaging him with a certsin excitement upon understanding. "The Gemini of August, they are without a doubt incredible magicians in their own right, strangely enough this will be the first time they will be fighting together." This noble with guards at his side gestured to the enormous crowd still waiting to get in. Shortly after speaking, he would be let in past the gates, but next was a small sortie of the Fanalis Corp, continuing the conversation with the commoner. "Geminis? They gonna look like jesters aftah this. You just can't beat us, long as we got a pair brain cells to rub together." His comrades would laugh boisterously as they would be ushered in next.




Below ground, some of the gladiators that were bound to these walls would be training, while others relaxing enjoying a day of not having to perform for the masses. Even through the layers of stone, you could feel and hear the rumbling of the anticipating crowd.

The stands were overflowing with spectators. A cacophany of conversation, cheers and howls echoed throughout the open chamber. There was an abundance of sunshine and sweltering heat, but overhead, one could see the transitioning weather with looming storm clouds rolling towards them from the horizon, perhaps there might be some literal rain on this parade.

Meanwhile, Augusta and Augustus would embrace each other tenderly as if they were reflections of each other. They would clink their staves together, as they calmly waited behind the cage door to the battlefield.




Gemini of August:

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana was not one to be arrogant. but ever since the strange man named zadi, nothing had posed much of a challenge to her here. apollo had given her the slightest insight on the opponents she would be facing. but the information was minimal at best. she knew they were magicians. considering her past companions, she knew they were not to be underestimated.

but she was ready. pluto was already raring for his hunger to be sated. she could feel it in the twitch of his muscles and the depth of his breath. she had her swords and small array of magic items at her disposal. while they were not much, they had served her well in the past. she found one for the likes of her companion. a fitted collar that hid well under his fur.

her fingers combed through pluto’s mane as they waited for the gates to open. knowing she was fighting alongside a friend of jahan, she could worry a little less. she looks over to her kin. it was strange. how she had never seen him before after all these years. all she knew was his name and what he was. that he was capable was most important.

“are you ready?” she asks him, her voice soft.

212 WORDS | @Knuckles Shi

beasts:
weapons:
items:



Last edited by Diana Corvus on 23/03/21, 03:11 am; edited 1 time in total


──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 001
A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 002A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 003

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles Shi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Staring down to his blade his green hues showing emptiness, as if he was missing something.  All he could visualize was the figure of a man whose name he did not know. The one who had bested him, this loss was driving him to become better and better.  Sheathing his sword into his shield which was worn on his left arm, the man would stand to his feet. Strapping his yo-yo to his back, Knuckles would make his way towards the gate.  His Targets were Twin Magicians, one of fire magic the other of water.  The Shirtless warrior could care less what Magic they had within their reach. He was a Fanalis, a warrior, a LION.   His partner, she too was one like him though her hair not of red shade she had to posture and the power. She was kin to Jahan, who was Kin to Neph or rather Taavetti. How he missed him. But that's all that mattered Knuckles would watch her back, and he trusted her to do the same.

His bare feet made tracks to the gate as he stood on the side of the White hair woman and her beast.
"Yes. Victory is already ours, I can smell the fear for the boy. "
Drawing his sword he'd take a stance ready to get the battle underway, his sword and shield scraping together as he did so.  His face shifted, his focus returned and a smile worn upon his face as his hues started across to the other gate.   It was less two warriors and a beast vs two magicians than it was one Warrior Princess with two beasts vs two Skilled casters.

OOC:
yoyo:

Sword:

Shield:

WC 277/800


──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] Po58dGP

^Vault^

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier



Horns and drum blaring as they cut through the chatter of the Colosseum. The people would hush and quiet down in anticipation of the upcoming bout. Within the crowded seats, people were taking bets on the outcome of the match, with the odds in favor of the well-known magicians, rumors that the Fanalis were fakes seemed to be sprinkled about. Knuckles was dead and this man was an impostor, while Diana not even being a fanalis on a count of her hair.

"Shaddap, y'all don't even know what y'all is talkin' about. - You never stared down a silverback, standing three times taller than you, strength equaled only by the strongest of us. These two have defeated one, EACH. - I'd wager my money on a pair of apes rather than these baton twirlers. You'll see, these two are Fanalis alright." The leader of this Fanalis Corp squad would use his words to hush the people still trying to gamble.

As the fanfare slowed to a simmer, a man would come from another third entrance into the area, stepping over the sandy loam. The entire battlefield was devoid of weaponry to be taken advantage. He seemed to carry a golden wand with a bulb on the top. Speaking into the microphone as he activated the magic tool. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I WELCOME YOU TO A RARITY! TONIGHT WE HAVE A TWO ON TWO OF THE HIGHEST CALIBER. WE HAVE TWO FANALIS, AND YOU JUST KNOW THE FANALIS CORP IS WATCHING FOR NEW MEA- MEMBERS. - VER SUS TOP NOTCH TWINS. A YIN YANG OF WATER AND FLAMES. LETS FIND OUT WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP!"

As the final echoes of the amplified announcers voice left the arena, the whole stadium erupted with cheers, signaling the start of the battle. The counterweight lifted the gates at each side, instantly.

The two of them were already half way through their incantations as the gates rose. Augusta would bring her staff forward and swing with full force to unleash her WAVE WALL, to preemptively block any of their first attacks, while hiding her brothers attack.

Augustus would make use of the wave to launch an attack. He dashed, following the wave while he used his wand, aiming it to the sky. As if he were aiming an artillery shell, from his petite wand, four blast of fire would launch up over the sky, then it would Fire Rain on the battle field. Two shells of fire would be aimed directly at them, and another two would be aiming in front of each of them in case they were to dash forward at full Fanalis speed towards the magicians.




OOC Notes.
1. Wave Wall is coming immediately from the gate straight down the battlefield, defensively.
2. Fire Rain is aimed at both of you and in front of you. If you dash straight forward, you will get hit by a different strike of the Fire Rain.

PS Notes
I DESERVE THOSE EXTRA 10 EXPERIENCE POINTS.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

when the large wall of water is pushed towards them, (1) she could smell the scent of ash carried in the gentle breeze it pushed. her eyes are quick to scan her surroundings and a subtle glint against the bright skies catches them.

fire. and it was coming fast. her months battling alongside rima made it quick to identify. but there was little time for reminiscing on such pasts.

“move back,” she warns, giving a swift glance to knuckles before (2) leaping away at an angle in an attempt to dodge away from the rain of fire. (3) pluto follows suit, using his body as a shield for any stray projectiles that might hit her.

in the fluid motion, she does not cease her movement there. (4) once at a safe distance, she turns on her heel— stepping towards augusta with a burst of speed. (5) pluto, slower than his master, takes a wider approach in order to make up for lost speed.

(6) once within sufficient range, diana unsheathes one of her swords, activating its magic as it swings toward the magician.

395 WORDS | @Knuckles Shi

490 / 500 STAMINA
170 / 180 MAGOI

combat notes:



Last edited by Diana Corvus on 23/03/21, 03:10 am; edited 1 time in total


──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 001
A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 002A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 003

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles Shi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The match started, but before they could exit the gate, two magical attacks came towards the two Fanails. Diana would warn the Red warrior, he would nod to acknowledge her. Taking a single step the warrior vanished instantly moving ten meters diagonally. As he came back into sight he would start running his position the opposite of Diana's position. While running towards the wall Knuckles would start to channel his Magoi through his sword, holding his other hand over it as she did so. If any bits of the fire would come near Knuckles he would swat them away.

As he moved closer the warrior would take a deep breath prepping himself to use his roar. His A tier Fanalis speeds carrying him across the arena, dust forming a trail as he pushed to his targets. The female Magician would be the target. Water had a higher threat in the dome, she could potentially flood the arena and force the footing to shift.

Knuckles reached over his shoulder with his arm with the shield strapped to his forearm leaving his hand free to grab the handle of his yo-yo. Pulling it over his shoulder he'd sustain his Infusion applying it to the yo-yo. Once within range, he would swing the yo-yo forwarded. His target the blonde hair woman, and his goal was to end her life, attempting to have his yo-yo's hidden blades to saw her in half.

Infusion
Tier: A
Class: Warrior
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be holding an object that either is or can be used as a weapon while holding his other hand over the object channeling his Magoi into it.
Scaling: Duration
Sustain:1
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40 Magoi
Description: The user enhances an object in his hands by coating said an object with his Magoi.

A layer of magoi coats an object held by the user, consuming the object completely with magoi. The magoi increases the lethality of the object to deal A tier damage. While coated with magoi the object is surrounded by a dark red aura, that is nearly black with a red tint. This last for 4 Post

Traits:
Trait Name: Fanalis Physiology
Trait Tier: -
Trait Requirement: Fanalis Race
Trait Description: Members of this fearsome race possess strength and speed beyond compare.
Trait Effect:


Physical Strength is above the average human's and increases with each rank up.
D-tier: The character can now lift large boulders twice their size with ease and deal C-tier damage with their physical strength alone.


C-tier: The character can now perform feats just as breaking down walls and large stone structures with their bare hands and deal B-tier damage with their physical strength alone.


B-tier: The character can now bend steel and shatter iron with their bare hands and deal A-tier damage with their physical strength alone.


A-tier: The character can now fell a castle wall with a single punch. Lifting up giant creatures or structures is child's play. The still deal A-tier damage with their physical strength alone.


Movement speed is above the average human's and increases with each rank up.
D-tier: The character can now sprint as fast as a horse and can maintain these speeds for several minutes.


C-tier: The character can now outrun most mounts and maintain their speed for an hour.


B-tier: The character can now move like a blur across short distances and move fast enough to run along walls.


A-tier: The character can now cover short gaps in an instant with a single step.(Costs 10 stamina)




Magoi:110/170
Stamina:400/410


──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] Po58dGP

^Vault^

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The crowd’s cheering would soon be divided, some would cheer for the Fanalis team and some others would cheer for the Geminis. Even the gladiators fighting could feel the intensity of the scream from the crowd that had the intention to encourage them.

“Look at those dirty barbarians, they still think they could defeat those mighty magicians? Right, dear?” A wealthy woman would rest her head on her husband’s shoulders while covering her lips with her elegant fan. The husband, happy to receive the skinship from his young wife, would nod in agreement. Having wagered his money on the magicians to win the coliseum. “They just don't know their place, my love. They will run with their tails hidden between their legs once the twins have engulfed them with their spells.”

Members of the Fanalis corps would glare towards the wealthy couple. For the corps, this would be one of many chances they had to prove that Fanalis was stronger than any other races. They would let out some Fanalis Roars for the contenders, scaring and invigorating some of the other watchers.

It got more intense within the arena, as both sides had finally launched their own attacks towards each other. Diana would be the first to notice the funny business as she could smell the burning fuel before she could see it. Her words served as a warning to Knuckles and Pluto, allowing her Fanalis partner to Flash Step the burning rain with ease and his blade would flick off any splattering sparks that came his way. The platinum haired lady was able to dodge the brunt of the falling flame drops, but her base leg was scalded by the heat. Her pet was unable to understand and react fast enough, getting hit by the full force of the fire. shaking off the blow, still standing before his master. His coat was singed with few crackling embers dying off.

The woman didn’t plan to stop her actions just like that as she attempted to retaliate. Both of the Fanalis were specifically targeting Augusta, seemingly wanting to finish the female magician quickly so they could focus on Augustus next. She would be using her Fanalis speed and move towards Augusta before feeding her magoi to her own blade, activating the spell embedded within it. Noticing that the Fanalis duo was ready to attack her, the magician would cast her Water Purification spell to protect her from the incoming attacks. Diana's strength magic would slash into the bubble spell, then creating a gravitational pull affecting everything within 5 meters around Augsta. The vortex would throw Knuckles wired projectile, slightly off course. The bubble around her would defend against the incoming slash from Diana, but instantly popping on contact from the hidden blade on the fanalis’ yo-yo. However, it would only slice through a nonvital part of Augusta’s skin, dealing B-tier worth of damage.

Meanwhile, Augustus would frown as both Diana and Knuckles ganged up against his twin. So with his magoi infused into his wand, he would whisper to the rukh and unleashed his Baby Dragon Breath skill, aiming it at Diana. He would sustain the move one more time and this time, he would aim it towards Knuckles. As both of the Fanalis deal with the attack from her twin, Augusta would be using the chance to use her A-tier speed to reunite with Augustus. Now reunited, Augusta would use her magic to heal her wounds.


The civilians were so into the battle, they were cheering after the fire rain, seeing how they would fight. The crowd going mental after seeing the supernatural speed of the Fanalis, but the cheers turned to laughter as the slash of strength magic would interfere with her partners attack. But when Augusta began to heal her wounds, the crowd would turn against her and her twin, unleashing a ton of boos.

Battle Notes
Fire Rain - Diana is able to react thanks to her trait and takes D-tier, Pluto gets hit for full damage, Knuckles evades with Flash Step
Dark Path - Weakens Augusta's shield, affects Knuckles Attack
Infusion + Attack - Thrown off course, still finishes off the remaining defense of Augusta's shield, with a shallow cut for B-tier.
Baby Dragon Breath x2 - Aimed at Knuckles and Diana, and Augusta attempts to reunite with Augustus
Blessing of the Sea Goddess - Augusta heals the wound.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Out of the two siblings, she couldn’t tell who was more annoying— the brother or the sister. While the crowd discouraged their magic, she presumed this would not be the last time they would mend. For them, this was life or death. If they lived long enough to surrender.

The raining flames had singed at their skin though not enough to wince. For all her training with Rima, such a lick of heat was nothing in comparison to her spells. Pluto had taken the brunt of it. His fur smoking and burnt away in dying embers where he was hit.

Where the twins would retaliate, Diana chose to give them little reprieve. (1) Rolling her eyes, she uses her deftness to unsheath her other weapon. An older sword. Fragile as it was, it was the magic within that made it useful. She motions her head towards Knuckles. It was subtle but for born fighters like themselves, body language was enough.

“Let’s give them a bit of song and dance, shall we?”

(2) She takes a step back into a lunge, inhaling a deep breath. Her eyes focus themselves on Augusta, pupils drawing to a close. In a blink, she pushes off the ground, letting out a roar the moment she was in range.

While the magician was fast, Diana was faster. (3) During this, her magoi pours into her sword, conjuring a pair of wolves made of fierce storm. They lunge at Augusta, aiming for each of her arms in order to paralyze them.

(4) Pluto would make his way to move behind Augusta as his own magic tool activates, creating vines that reach out to grasp the magician around her neck.

676 WORDS | @Knuckles Shi

490 / 500 STAMINA
170 / 180 MAGOI

combat notes:


──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 001
A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 002A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] 003

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles Shi
A-Tier
A-Tier

His yo-yo-found purchase. It was not what he was hoping for but he had done some damage. Looking over to Diana he would give her a nod as he gathered what she means and was already ahead of her as his breath was still being held to let loose. While looking back over he noticed a fire attack going towards Diana, in reaction to this he would sling his yo-yo over towards Diana's direction Sustaining the Infusion once more to keep the weapon covered with Magoi, this would allow it to meet the flames and take no damage tot he yo-yo itself. However while distracted another flame attack was sent off by the male twin, this time aimed for no other than Knuckles himself.  Attempting to lift up his shield in time to block the attack that was incoming did not work out, Knuckles would find himself set on fire briefly feeling his skin and hair burn taking the Full C tier damage.  

Rage would build within The Sanguine as he redirected his attention to the boy of the pair.  From out the flames with burns worn on his body like a badge, Knuckles would take a single step forward propelling himself instantly forward 10 meters towards his target.  Once within Range Knuckles would bellow out his Fanalis Roar aimed at the male twin. This would be an attempt to keep all focus on him, so that Diana may find accurate targeting of all her attacks and swiftly end the girl.

Their teamwork was grand, they protected and aided each other with no flaws of their own.  When It came to teamwork alone perhaps they outmatched the two fanalis, which would make sense this being the first time they fought together.  Though what they failed to note was that the teamwork of this fight was less about Knuckles and Diana, but instead  Diana and Pluto, with Knuckles being a third member of that party who was able to use his combat experience and knowledge of his warrior ways to assist these two as needed. He was not acting on his own, but rather adjusting his attacks and strategies of the woman Diana and her pet.  Knuckles knew how to fight as a team, that was how he started in this arena with his partner Ganbo. The team fighting was something he knew well, it was a simple as applying it to this fight.   The twins were outclassed, though not because of the trio who was looking to end this soon, but because Knuckles and Diana were strong enough to take this duo on alone. They had faced for worst and survived besides these children.  Truth be told Knuckles came the closest he ever did to feeling sorry for having to kill someone. Though this would not stop him from seeing this battle through.  

As the roar left his mouth Knuckles would plant his feet firmly, using perfect balance to keep his footing as he slid along the dirt. Twisting his torso, the warrior made a stabbing motion as he'd lunge forward towards the boy. His blade was still infused with his magoi as he performed his only signature sword attack, The Enhanced Attack. The goal was to run the sword through the body of the boy.
WC:1061/1600

After action report:

Magoi:90/170
Stamina:390/410


──────────────────────────────────────────────

A Dance in August. [Diana / Knuckles] Po58dGP

^Vault^

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum