Reinforcing Toh Forces [Job/Casrare/Tobinaga]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

Spoiler:

How long would she have to wait on this stone path? Just outside her clan's land, the steam rolled out. Moisture from the hot springs blanketed the stones which formed the path into the village. "Sigh." She was waiting for someone who was wishing to join their forces. She hadn't been too active with the affairs currently going on so she was relegated to helping someone through the recruitment process. After that, she'd be clear for duty, at least according to Tobinara. This was starting to get ridiculous, however. She'd been standing here for two hours!

This was one problem with outsourced help, they could never find their way around.  "I just want a red bean bun and bath." Her excitement was starting to drain from the wait. She was impatient, two hours felt like 4. "I guess I can head home, no point in a welcoming committee if he doesn't show." Slinging her staff over her shoulder she'd turn around in preparation to walk away.

Clack Clack Clack! Her head would dart around. The clear sound would echo towards her. "Finally!" She'd walk forward, moving with her full force. A smile beginning to crack, forming from something small into a great bolstering greeting. As they walked up she'd open her mouth "Haahahaha! Welcome traveler, your journey is almost done, to the hot springs we go. "

She'd bow in respect, quickly shooting back up to finish her introduction. "I am Tobinaga Toh, youngest of the Toh Clan siblings, and today I will be your guide! I hope you enjoy hot springs!" Her smiling face anticipating the response, and the name of their new ally.

274/500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Well, Kina was certainly humid, at least that's what most of his experience had been so far. His hair was beginning to reek as the moisture soaked into it. What made it worse was the smell had been lingering for hours as he found himself lost when looking for the Toh Clan's Village. He'd heard rumors of what they were like. An upstart clan priding themselves in humanity, connection, and innovation. He knew what it was like to shun outside people, even if he never practiced it. Yet these people were so welcoming with their arms. Wishing to use it not as a chance to take other cultures, but to spread and share their own in a type of exchange. He didn't really get the full grandiosity of it all, he did know their place was hard to find.

Thwap! Great now the tree branches were starting to pick on him as well. With a mouthful of leaves he, and a hot stinky head he certainly was not enjoying the journey so far. Wiping the sweat from his brow the lingering scent of mineral water lingered it. There were cool springs in Sassan, they provided wonderful drinking water. Yet the billowing clouds of fog and steam which rolled on him is what brought the scent. The information he got informed him the Toh clan rested in the area of the most abundant hot springs in Kina, it was a sign he was on the right road.

He'd start to burst forward with his steps. Clack clack clack clack! The stones would smack against the force of his feet ringing his way towards the gates. Entering his vision the big red structure would have a pale figure standing by it. The pale woman would bow, giving her best greeting. The energy would respond well with the young Sassanid. He'd give back a wide toothy grin, baring his sharp teeth.

"Seems like I finally found the right place, sorry I got here so late. I'm guessing it's just some more walking?" He'd chuckled out and asked. He realized it was only polite that he provide his name as well. Moving some of his matted hair out the way his amber eyes would twinkle. "Well it's all my pleasure to have a guide, my name is Casrare Zargar. I come from the land of Sasan, I hope to provide some help and have some fun."

He was still naive about the works of war, and on the conflict that really came between these clans. This was certainly going to be a learning experience.

430/500

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Well follow me Casrare, and I shall guide you!" She'd respond in a chipper demeanor. Turning around sharply in order to lead the way they'd venture into the trees which lined the way. It wasn't too long of a walk but it provided enough time for some minor chatting. Walking through the misty woods the young Toh would start her line of questioning without even turning to look at Cas.

"So, what's your home of Sasan like? How far away is it exactly? I've heard that there are places out there that make the islands pale in size comparison." As she rattled off she realized she was forgetting her manors. Turning towards him she gave a sharp smile, she said "Sorry, I've been stuck here my entire life so I'm just excited to learn more about the outside world, once things settle down I hope to explore." She adjusted her staff turning around.

She felt bad, she had no idea what his life was like, she was supposed to be his guide. While giving him the chance to answer she would also make the time to explain things to him. If she was gonna be his guide she needed to actually guide. "As you've probably noticed the steam from the hot springs is pretty thick right now, that's because there's actually a few baths and springs around here in the woods, most of the paths leading to them are in the village square." Taking another breath she'd continue "First we'll make our way to the main house, and then after getting there we'll have some quick boring meetings. After that though we can have some fun and explore." She'd turn around, as they arrive in the town square she would walk up leading him to the manor.

For a moment her talking would end, allowing a real moment of breath as they tapped up the marble steps. The refurbished animal statues of The Wolf, Tiger, and Dragon protected the path. Now in sight they would stand in front of the Toh Manor, a great cherrywood manor with lavender shingles. The building's great gates were swung open. There stood the greeting party, her two brothers, and some lower clan generals. She'd grab Casrare's hand, leading him up to her brothers as the scent of his sulfur drifted towards her.

"Hello brothers! We have arrived to pledge our loyalty to the Clan, sorry our little guest took so long!" she shouted with a sly wink.

687/500

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

As rapid-fire questions would barrage hit his ears he would need a moment to pause and think. He was able to make out all her questions he just needed to process. He could dive in an explain all he could about his nation but he thought it was best to keep it a little simple. "How can I put this, its wary of outsiders, staying isolated but a year ago they opened the country for people to leave, explore and acquire things, knowledge as well. I get your enthusiasm, the worlds both excited and scared me from the few encounters I've had." A chuckle followed after.

So far everything had been worrisome. "The world is certainly big, bigger than I think many of us realize. I've seen some in my travels this past year alone but honestly, I think by the end of my life will come before I'm capable of understanding it all." His smile was a humble one, he had his minor ambitions but there was still so much he didn't understand, it excited him somewhat. As the walked through the trees he could see the bricks showing up as he tried to follow behind. Upon entering the village however his eyes were caught up in it's beauty.

As cherry blossoms would settle on his feet he'd stare up at the buildings. "Wow, I didn't know buildings could be so different." The curves of the buildings guided his eyes. He felt himself getting engrossed in what the clan had to offer. As his eyes scanned he'd feel his hand tugged by the young Naga who guided him. As they clattered up the steps he did his best to avoid stumbling.

Facing this group of people he didn't know, he wasn't sure how to react. It seemed this was his chance to make a good impression. He'd smile, offering a warm smile with his posture tall. "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Casrare Nargar, I come from the far land of Sasan. I've heard tales of your nation and in my time here I've been captured by its beauty. I here you hope to promote the country and share in it, I hope to provide my best to your beliefs. I pledge my loyalty to you."

He would provide a bow, seeing as it seemed to be a sign of respect here. He was used to taking a knee but it was best to make a good impression.

840/500

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Spoiler:

The person who would administer their task would be the person standing between what seemed to be the two siblings of his companion. Most of their clan seemed to pretty youthful, either that or they didn't age much. It wasn't the strangest thing, he was filled with strange gas darker than the night. He'd have to get out of his own thoughts however so he could at least get the details for his next task. The steam would roll in as the evening was soon to reach it's peak.

"Well, you might have a bit of a Handicap for this next task it seems." The taskmaster would say, continuing "Your next goal is to travel up to Mount Myo. Near the top of the mountain is one of the few cold springs in the area, the refreshingly cool water is rich in minerals and also culturally important for the sake of respect. You will go through a time-honored clan tradition, showing care and work as key virtues." He'd stop for a moment. Casrare had a rough idea of how he'd continue but would wait to hear the rest of his mission. "You are to travel there and then return before nightfall with a pail of water, once returned you are to give the water to one of our elderly clan members."

Seemed simple enough, walking all the way up a mountain wouldn't be that hard in his opinion. He'd start to levitate activating his gas bladder. As he lifted off the ground with low-speed flight he would give a thumbs up. "Alright, I'll just float my way up there and fetch the freshest water I can!" His roaring enthusiasm would soon be shut down by his instructor. "We admire the creative thinking but you must walk up the mountain to fetch the water and then find a way down in time. If I were you I would get to moving soon too if I were you."

Well, that would limit most of his mobility, well they only said he had to walk, they never said he couldn't do anything to make it easier on himself. Deflating his gas bladder he would fetch the wooden pail. Sunset would be here in 7 hours based on his best guess, it should've been easy to make it up the mountain, he was just unsure if he'd be able to make it down in enough time. "Well, I could probably save some time if I spent it moving instead of just thinking." It was the last thing he would say to himself as he would head up the stone paths, at least this mountain wasn't that tall. It was comparable to some of the smaller mountains near Sasan.

He'd turn around as he would head up the steps. "I hope everyone is looking forward to a cool drink when I return, I just hope I won't need a coat." The beastly boy would say with a hearty laugh as he would make his steps light with Ziz Way: Feather. His Bladder was inflated again but this time only to lighten his step. It would definitely speed things up, he'd be able to cover several steps with a single movement. Some would consider it cheating but it was still significantly slower than flying.

Word Count: 548/1000

Stamina: 140/170

Spoiler:

Last edited by Casrare on 23/08/20, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

Naga would stand there, she'd done her work for the day. Already aware of the task that was ahead of Cas. As they would go on to explain to him it was something that was a bit of a tradition amongst the Toh. There was some free thinking among the Toh with Tobinara in charge but her eldest brother still had respect for certain clan customs as he tried to modernize the clan. Maybe it was because of the respect it taught, or maybe as a sort of connection to the past of the clan. She'd been forced to do every year during the festival, even during the last years. Now with her being an official, she wouldn't have too, but it was good to test the foreigners' loyalty.

Her cat-like smile would turn towards the boy with amber eyes. "Well I hope you can make it up there fine, it's a bit of a journey but it's a good way to test you. I'd say it helps teach me a lot of character, you're sure to do fine during this!" While she joyously talked the taskmaster and her brother Abe would both stop to interrupt, "Actually Naga, we're sorry to tell you this but we'll need you to go up with him as well. We thought it would be best if you go along with him on his journey to represent the bond we at the Toh are trying to present, I hope you understand."

Stunned, that's how she felt. She hated making the trip all the way up the mountain. Well, she could fly her way up at least since she was just a tag along. Reaching to pull her staff off of her shoulders she would be interrupted before the chance would arrive. "We need you to set a good example while joining him, so we'd like you to walk the way up there as well." "Greaaaaat," she thought to herself. Continuing her inner monologue "Well there goes that one freedom, curse you civil disputes! You're really taking the fun out of every aspect of this year's festival!" Rushing away from her thoughts the magician would stamp over to pick up one of the wooden pails, they'd have to move it. The foreigner seemed to misunderstand how much daylight they had left.

It may have been noon but they only had 6 hours of daylight left, she would pick up her steps following after the demonic boy. "He really has some pep doesn't he" she would think. Naga couldn't understand how he could move with such speed, she wasn't trained for such things even if she did exercise. "Brain and magic at the cost of my natural constitution, I'm not sure if this is really worth it, I hope we get some of the water..." she would think to herself. Chasing after she would shout upward, trying to get his attention. "Cas, it's good you're making haste, we don't have much time to make it up and down! We might have to think of a way to get down quickly!"

The magician's call would ring upward, as her words echoed the sun stood high on the glorious Mount Myo. She did enjoy it when she would go up with Tobi and Abe. Summer nights were some of her favorite, yet it was in the best interest of them all that nightfall not arrive.

Word Counter: 566/1000

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Even with the light step that feather provided sweat would dress the crown of Casrare's head. His clothes were already boiling him into a soup from the humidity of this morning's journey. So far there was a whole lot of walking and a big emphasis on the water for some reason. Four hours had elapsed since the Sasanid had begun to make his way up the mountain. He felt as is if this was divine punishment for thinking lightly of this trek. On the optimistic side of the situation, the summit, or at the very least the spring oasis they were hunting for was to be in their clutches.

With each stride, he would continue to push forward as the sound of the spring waters would call to him like a siren's song. His head would turn, facing the tired magician. Naga was supposed to provide guidance along with showing him the proper way of conduct. Instead, she was trailing behind, providing her best effort in order to keep up with the body manipulator. Guilt would pang him slightly, it was almost taunting that he managed to get his way up here with the way of abilities through a minor loophole.

Looking down he would respond "sorry I thought that with your experience you would've had a method for getting up the mountain in record time. I guess they really do put effort into finding their way testing your morals huh?" While his words would echo silence would fall upon his lips as the sound would now come in clear as day, he'd press forward. Clacking up the steps, it was a small cliffside with a gate surrounding the pool of crystal water. It seemed there was still a slight walk to the summit, maybe only a few minutes however that wasn't what they were hunting for. These freshwaters were the source of their troubles, however, they would soon have new troubles.

Rushing up to it he'd reach his hands in taking a quick refreshing sip, only a small one as it was not his to enjoy. He understood the point of his duty, and now it was his best to fulfill it. He'd reach the bucket it, filling in as much as he could, he'd pull over the lid and seal it with his special sweat. After a moment he'd offer the same chance for Naga. "With the looks of the sky we might not make it in time unless we get risky, once yours is filled I'll seal it just like mine, and then we'll head on down."

He'd stand on the edge, with his feather step keeping him light still he'd grab Naga's hand quickly, jumping off of the mountain. It was crazy, normally it was something out of his realm of reality, but he needed to make bold moves. "AAHHH AND MAYBE THIS ONE WILL KILL ME!" He had thought to himself. As the wind rushed through the air they would have to hold on tight, even with him being lighter there were two of them, and they were hurtling with enough force to still kill them.

"You won't need to grab that rod Naga, I got this."
Black gas would come from him as he would release his gas bladder, using the low-speed flight in order to slow down their descent. Soon they would go from falling to a slight descent, it was good timing as they were only 10m from the ground.

"Sorry for the rough ride Naga, hope it wasn't too rough!" It clearly was, both of them had hair that was reaching for the sky. Not wishing to dwell on the past he would walk over to the group waiting in front of the manor. This time it was an elderly couple and their examiner, it seems the Toh siblings decided to get some rest themselves. Casrare would walk up to the couple, cracking open the bucket he would offer the freshwater, giving the person that took it a nice refreshment.

Word Counter: 1217/1000

Stamina: 120/170

Spoiler:

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

If Casrare thought he had it bad, then he really should've paid closer attention to his partner. How the hell was Tobinaga supposed to guide him if he was zooming ahead of her the entire mountain climb? Sweat was soaking her uniform she'd need to rehydrate when they reached the waters. She knew from Cas' enthusiasm and her personal experience that they would be at the fountain in only a few minutes. Thinking to herself in her last steps she would reminisce "It was three years ago when I ran up her so we could stargaze, we'd already been up the mountain once that day for the ceremony but I didn't care. I just really wanted to gander at those stars."

With her thoughts, the sound of trickling water would come in as well. "Well it's fine, normally I'm not wearing a military uniform and carrying a staff. Even though I've had it for some time normally I just ventured up here with my brothers or by myself for the ceremony. I'll tell you its a wonderful place to be at night even if we can't see it today. I suggest you come here on your own sometimes." With her words, she'd follow behind as the beastly boy would walk over to the water. There wasn't anything prohibiting it in tradition, which was fantastic. She was parched and couldn't help but dip her hands into the water to fetch a few refreshing glugs of water.

"That really hit the spot"
she'd say while filling her bucket. Handing the object over to Casrare she'd watch as he sealed it with the strange substance. He certainly did seem like an odd one, but there wasn't any harm in that. "So how do you plan on getting down now?" she'd ask. The magician could try to flow them down but it was uncertain if they'd make it down in time, they'd wasted a lot of time already. He didn't offer much of a response, instead, he grasped her hand leading the way towards the end of the mountain.

Fear and wind would both flood forth in an endless torrent as Tobinaga would find herself swept up in the leap of faith that Cas had performed. "HOLY RAIJI, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!!!" she screamed. Soon it would develop into a hearty laugh if she was going to die it was best she enjoyed the fall or at least tried to cushion it. Amidst the possible nervous breakdown, her hands would reach, but the body manipulator would prevent her from moving further as it seemed he'd planned this out actually. Even stranger than his natural sealant their descent would be eased with the assistance of a strange black gas. "Could this be any odder" she had thought.

Her hat and hair were mostly up in the air but in a respectful manner, the magician would march forth. Slicking down her hair again, and putting on her wind-dried had she'd bow down. "Sorry for the wait my elders, things got a little close there near the end as you can, however here is your drink." With her words, the Toh woman would lift presenting the bucket of water as well.

Word Count: 1101/1000

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

Code:
[b]Job Name:[/b] A Hot-Springs Convention
[b]Job Rank:[/b] B-tier
[b]Job Location:[/b] Kina
[b]Job Reward:[/b] 200 XP | 15,000 Huang
[b]Chain Reward:[/b] Toh Clan Vigor Drug
[b]Job Prerequisites:[/b] No Toh-morrow
[b]Job Overview:[/b] Having helped some of the villages elderly you've known been tasked to have a simple talk with Toh Abe, the clan leader's younger brother. Meet with the playful spirit in the hots spring. In order to test your vigor, all you must do is sit in the scalding waters for 30 minutes while having a conversation with the young man, sharing your ideas with him. Soon after the conversation, the young man leaves, sharing his desire to help his brother to prosper.

Their last task was going to be their easiest, or at least it would be the most relaxing. They were to meet at the springs to have a relaxing bath with her brother Abe, a chance for a true heart to heart. She knew her brothers intimately after all the pair of warriors raised her in place of their parents. She wasn't much to reminiscence on it but she could revel in the time she shared with her brothers, the land they called home. She wanted to improve it with knowledge, with safety. Her ambitions were differing from that from Tobinara but Naga wished to assist his plans with her own. Once the land was more stable she could venture out, for now, she had to perform her duty to her clan.

"Sigh, nows not really the time to be stressing is it" she'd think. Her eyes peered into the mirror, staring herself down. The world was beginning to move at a faster pace, more people had shown their face in the clan's and nation's politics, she had to move with it. Getting left behind was not the Toh way, and a challenge was never something to scare away Naga. Today, however, was a day to relax, to get to know one another better. Tying back her oil-black strands of hair she'd set her staff aside by her bamboo cabinet. She wouldn't need much for her bath, just a fundoshi, and a cloth to wrap around her chest. It was rare for her to wear a kimono, she only really needed on to cover her on the way to the hot spring in which they were to convene.

"I wonder which spring he chose, he just said there would a sign leading there" she'd say out loud. Abe was always a little too goofy. Stepping out of her room she'd slide the bamboo door open, the evening sun dancing off of her scarlet red garment. Golden bamboo patterned its' sides, apparently, it was their mothers. At the very least, it provided her stylish travel on the way to bathe. Picking up a pumice stone she'd start heading her way to the mountain.

"You look lovely Naga!" A warm voice would say catching the magician's attention. She'd turn around to see an elderly woman half her size approaching her.

"Nami Obasan! It's been years since I've seen you." She would roar in excitement, realizing the approaching woman was an old babysitter of hers.

The elderly Nami would give the young Naga a pat on her shoulder a small hug. With a bright smile, she'd continue "It's so nice to see you, it's been years since you've needed a sitter and since Taku took over the fruit stand I haven't had the chance to see you." A hint of sadness would follow in her last few words.

"I'm Sorry Obasan I've just been so busy studying these past years, I'll visit your house sometime, that way you don't have to worry. I don't have to be buying something just to have a conversation with the funniest woman in the entire village." Her voice would radiate, a bright smile shining like the morning sun.

"That's so sweet of you dear, and well when your ex-husband had issues with Tanuki you have some good stories ohohoho! Well, I'll let you go, you really do look like a blend of both your parents, they'd be proud to see the woman you're growing into." Her kind words would settle on Naga as she walked away providing a wave goodbye.

Two teardrops would splash, mixing with the sand beneath her feet as she would walk forward. She didn't want to go get sentimental, it was weird to think she looked like two faces that she couldn't remember. Guilt would pang her heart slightly, she had no control of her memory but it always seemed to give a reason to feel bad. Smack! She would slap the sides of her face as her feet made their way up the rocky path of the mountain. She could get these feelings out later, she had to finish her work today to help Casrare enter the clan's alliance.

Well, even the demon boy would have no issue finding his way here with the signs Abe lift. Plastered on the mountain path were crinkled, glued pieces of parchment that had black ink smeared on them. The smeared ink said "THIS WAY TO ONSEN MEETING", with the notes themselves forming a paper trail towards the waters. "Why can't anyone just provide actual directions?" she'd ponder to herself. Before the chance for more thoughts to form in her head could arrive the energy-filled voice of Abe would interrupt.

"Good to see you, little sister! It seems the new recruit has yet to arrive, hop on in the water so we can relax and wait for him." He'd laugh after with his words, he was a corny man.

"Yeah yeah Abe, I'm hoping you chose some suitable water, I could use a relaxing bath." She'd say as she'd prepare to step in the water, her leg dipping in as burning water would slightly scald her skin. It was bearable but hot damn it was hot!

"Could you've picked hotter water Abe, how are we supposed to relax I swear we're gonna pass out in this water." She'd say with a twinge of sass to her tone. There was no way she'd be able to feel comfortable bathing like this, yet she'd still sink lower in the water, it's grasp warming her entire body as if the steam was building inside of her. "Well, let's just wait for him to arrive, hopefully, the spring waters help with that smell of his."

"Of course it has to be, that's how it cleanses away everything, plus it wouldn't be much of a test if there wasn't some sort of pressure during the questioning, and I hate being passive-aggressive Hahaha!" He would joke, as Abe and Naga sat in the water they would wait for the young Sasanid to make his appearance.

WordCount: 1,013/1,500

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Black hairs would fall towards the ground as sharp nails coursed through the thick mess of hair. Each sulfur tainted strand curling as they tightened from a firm grip. Twist after twist they would form falling together in the shape of a braid on each side of his head. The claws which were on his fingers delicately picking at the strands as he tried to keep somewhat of symmetry on both sides of his head. He liked the mirrors they had here in Kina, it made doing his hair easier, it made examining his appearance easier. He could see as amber eyes scanned, looking up and down at his strange appearance.

It was a strange sight, it wasn't easy getting used to a pair of horns sprouting from your head. Gently he'd feel them, their smooth texture feeling cool against his skin. Only a week ago they were small nubs sprouting, now they painfully adorned his skull like a crown. He knew his body was strange, and he could make use of it. It was getting hard to acclimate with both the world and his physiology undergoing such rapid changes. Gripping the sulfur accessories on his head the beast would hold and unbreaking gaze with his mirror self. "Even if I become the beast of others I will rage in the cause I see righteous, may I find the path to salvation, I will protect lives, I will protect the happiness I see." These personal pep talks felt like they were becoming more and more frequent as he spent time away from home.

It felt better, to become free from Sasan's teachings, but their words, their ways resounded in his soul. What paths did the world offer? Making friends only made the distance seem so much larger, why was so much of their life a lie. Did the lord really want that path so that his people would be so unprepared for the world? Faith was already waivered in his mind, doubt had been cast turning into questioning, and a hunger for answers. His experiences brought forth knowledge, but most of it felt like a scream in the face for Casrare. As if the world was shouting at him for all his actions, everything felt so loud and different. He wanted to embrace it, it felt right to embrace it, yet it only brought forth a wave of festering anger for his home.

"Maybe it's better if I head on out, the guest cabin is nice but I do have a bath to get to" he'd thought while twirling his right braid. His last task before he could join the Toh clan was a simple discussion of values. They'd been upfront, saying they would have a meeting at the hot springs to discuss their opinions and ideas of the future. It wasn't difficult, but it was a confusing subject as the young man was still looking for answers to plenty of these things. Maybe this would be a better chance to sort himself out, there was no way for him to know unless he made his way there.

"Naga said I might need one of these to wash, so I best take it with me." He had said to himself, picking up the light lava rock which would scrape away grime.

He appreciated the fact they were letting him use one of the guest rooms, however as he walked out the Sasanid had to prevent himself from tripping through the paper. He still wasn't quite used to these sliding doors, they were pretty neat though, and he couldn't deny that. With that little mishap out of the way, he could begin making his way towards their meeting spot, the only direction he really got was to follow the mountain path until coming across a sign. He didn't remember the mountain's landscape that well but weren't there a couple of signs for the springs, how would he find the right one?

Thankfully for Casrare, that question would soon be answered as he walked up the rocky path. After only a few minutes of walking, he'd se the first sign for the crossroad, and then posted over that was a sloppy note. He could barely make it out but it seemed to say "THIS WAY TO ONSEN MEETING." "Well, if this isn't the sign I was looking for I don't really know what is then" he'd think while following the trail of letters towards their destination.

Following rocky paths, with small bushes lining the road which twisted around the mountain would guide the way. Footprints in the sandy path would show that someone else had walked through here recently. While turning the corner the owner of those prints would wave over to him. It looked as if Naga had already arrived, enjoying the waters.

"Well seems like I'm the last one here, I apologize for the wait, hope you haven't been sitting here too long. It looks like the water is enjoyable." A small smile would spread across his lips as he awkwardly apologized. As he would undress into his bathing garments Abe would speak up to him.

"We've got no issue, we've only been here a moment." Pausing he'd continue "The water is fantastic, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it." A toothy grin would follow, unaware of Abe's playful nature he took the response as kind-hearted as he began to lower in the water.

"I appreciate it, well I hop- SWEET LORD MY SKIN!!" He'd exclaim, interrupting himself as the heat began to get to him. "I don't think my skin is going to survive this bath, that is if I even survive."

"Haha, you'll be just fine, it's good to see you have some energy and spirit. Well, we've got some time in the bath, so I say why not get down discussion and let our hearts out. Naga, my lovely sister why don't you go first!" As the Toh man spoke Casrare would turn towards her partner, ready for the discussion to begin.

1,005/1,500

Toh Tobinaga

Toh Tobinaga
C-Tier
C-Tier

She'd ponder for a moment as Abe's question. She'd shared her goals before, but now she needed to open herself up, not only to connect with her brother but to set an example for Casrare as well. The best place for her to start was in sharing her intentions, after all, that's what helped fueled her ambitions. It helped explain why she acted the way she did, and how she planned to use the nation's internal conflict to her own advantage.

"Well, I guess I'll start at the top." A deep breath would follow, she'd then continue bearing her soul before the two of them. "Abe as you know I'm grateful for the job you and Tobinara have done in helping raise me, but I've found the road to my own path and I wish to prove myself, so that I may forge the way. I know as your baby sister I should just assist the clan, provide what I can. I want to, I more than anything love our clan and home. This is why I need to find my way, through the growth and pain of my own work I can learn. I believe in Tobi, but I believe I'm better doing my own work in my own studies. Call it own my own selfish search for knowledge, but I want to help Tobi, I want to make his Kina a safer one!"

Passion rolled forth with her words as the steam and water turned her porcelain skin a vibrant red. The flustered look would continue as she finished her speech. "I plan to help Tobi became the Emperor that I know he can be, after that I plan to leave for some time, gaining the resources I need to provide so I can help people survive the tragedies that might befall them!" Some might call it hubris, but her desire to help others defy death would resonate deeply with the young Toh general.

"Naga, my sweet rabid tanuki of a sister, I may tease you and love to see your angry glare but we do believe in you. I wish you could lead our forces and help the Toh maintain, but I understand your dreams. You desire to help us prosper is one of the finest I've heard, it shows how smart you are! If you could learn to not glare so much then you'd been unstoppable hahaha!" He'd joke, with his sincerity coming back for a moment. "I know you're afraid you might disappoint us, but you'll be able to spread the great word of Kina. Spreading our culture, searching for information and power to provide a better life for your people is admirable, we'll miss you when the time comes but do not be afraid of the future, embrace it."

The uncharacteristic pep talk from Abe would cause a slight smile to crack as the water was getting to her head. "You're a knucklehead but I do love you Onii-san, we'll show em what the Toh can do for sure!" As the two siblings would enjoy a hearty laugh their gazes would shift over to Casrare. Tobinaga turning towards him would ask "I know you're looking to see the world Cas, but what are your dreams? Do you hope to get anything out of helping us with the other clans?"

Wordcount: 1,568/1,500

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

With all eyes on him, he had to think about it. Uncertainty began to swirl around his head like gathering storm clouds. Before the only thing he wanted was to escape his home and see the world. As he saw more of it confusion would only coagulate in his brain, clogging his thoughts as he tried to think. He wanted to see the world, he wanted to keep venturing to see what beauties and mysteries still filled the world. Everything, for the most part, was completely new to him. It was both a joy, but it made such negative emotions fester that the young Sasanid wasn't really sure what to do with it. He only got swept up in things here to make money, and the Toh seemed to be the most righteous.

Steam clouds rolled over, the minerals in the water mixing with his sulfur creating an odd compound smell. It was almost like a haze, the scent strange scent lingering as he would lookup. Their confused faces, from the stench, would compel him to speak as he worried that his delay caused the uncomfortableness. "To be honest, I don't know how to bare my heart out. I don't have many goals, I just wanna enjoy the world we were given. I do know my previous ignorance, and inexperience have urged me to learn more, I feel as if my home deprived me. I'm not really sure but I want to do some good, to find something I can do, to explain these lies, and to maybe understand what path the Lord has set out for me."

As he paused Abe would speak up in response. "I appreciate your honesty, many scorn those who are lost, but it's when you're lost that you're able to discover new worlds, roads, and information. It may provide you a disadvantage but you seem to be a good lad. With your intentions, and heart I would say to just follow them to best of capability. It will help guide you, and help you forge your own path. It may be a weakness, but it's also a strength that you must decide how you wish to use. Your perception will be your guide, and the world the challenge to test your mettle. Now, I think we've enjoyed these waters enough."

As the warrior would get up from the water he'd turn around facing both of them. His firm stance and loud voice roaring with his playful energy again. "I believe your curious minds are exactly what the Toh need, even if your help may only be temporary it will be welcomed. We will help show you our part of the world, we appreciate your aid, just feel free to enjoy the countryside HAHAHA!"

With his laugh, the Toh general would walk away as now it was just Tobinara and Casrare resting in the water. It seemed they had passed? It was bizarre but he did find some comfort in the advice he was given. There were plenty of emotions that new things could bring, that trouble could bring, but it was his mind that would change how he approached it. He needed to take control of his path, even if it didn't have a destination right now.

Word Count: 1,548/1,500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum