You are not connected. Please login or register

Lending a Helping Hand - The Library [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nioh

Nioh
C-Tier
C-Tier

Job Details:

Nioh usually spent his time studying, practicing spells and reading up on various magical theories in preparation for the Iktiyar Exam, doing his best to make sure he was as prepared as possible for it. He was learning the magic and developing spells of his own at a rate he was happy with, at least. But there was an undercurrent of worry and anxiety that came along with all test taking. So he decided that it would be healthy to take a few days off from all his studying and rest.

Though in all honesty, his rest had lasted all of an hour before he was thoroughly bored. Nioh set out for a walk, only to come across one of his professors and a woman he didn’t recognize fumbling over a rather large stack of books. Nioh rushed over to help, giving his professor a large smile as he gathered a few books in his arms “Good morning sir, allow me to help.”

“Why thank you, mister Na’al, it is much appreciated.” The man was named Isaiah Avner, an older gentleman who wore spectacles that never seemed to sit right on his nose, and hair that always looked as though he had gotten into a fight with the wind and lost “Ah, where are my manners. Allow me to introduce you to Miss Tori Udiya. She is a librarian at the academy.”

The woman, who was short and mousy with big round glasses, reached out her hand to shake “Pleased to meet you.” Nioh shook her hand, which was as small and soft as her voice, with a little difficulty as he was trying to balance the books at the same time “I’m terribly sorry to bother either of you with all….this.” She motioned to the books with a sheepish smile “One of the senior librarians retired a couple days ago and someone brought some less than fresh shrimp for the buffet. Now almost half our staff is sick.”

“Oh my…” Nioh considered for a second before speaking “You know, I was taking a break from studying for the day but I’d be happy to fill in and help. I’m sure being around books for the fun of them is different enough from being around them to study for it to still count as taking a break.” He chuckled lightly and began following along behind Tori and the professor as they continued on.

The librarian bit her lip nervously before she spoke “Usually I would insist you didn’t have to but...we truly need the help so I’m not going to turn you down. Right this way!” Nioh nodded and gave her a smile, then followed along to the library. As they went they made small talk, Nioh telling them what he had delved into with his studies and spell crafting and them giving him advice on what other steps he could take.

When they arrived at the library, Nioh saw that they really were almost dangerously understaffed. There were tables stacked with books and scrolls, loose manuscripts and papers littered about every which way. He felt for Tori, and was glad he ran across her when he did. They set to work immediately, the librarian telling him how the works were categorized and organized and the yellow magician working to separate them accordingly.

The professor stayed for an hour or two, but left to handle some business or other. Despite the workload, Tori and Nioh found a way to make the time fun. He spent the day helping, and once they were done everything in the library was in its place. Tori offered to take him out to dinner as thanks, to which Nioh accepted graciously. Nioh also made the decision to take the few days away from his studies in order to help people where he could.

Word Count: 640/500
Magoi: 180/180
Stamina: 65/65

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum