You are not connected. Please login or register

kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
in the black of night, tranquility sung a poetry of stars. they shined brighter as they listened. moonlight poured from the sky. the oriental canopy diffusing its light into speckled shadows that hung over the still water. lotus flowers blush against the verdant moss that floats along the surface.

she slipped the sheer ivory silk off her shoulders. her chest bound neatly with linen. she runs her fingers through the length of her hair, letting it fall past her waist. her toes dipped into the tepid water, disturbing its peaceful visage. her eyes study her reflection as she sinks further into the depths.

her fingertips glide along the top of the water. hesitant to delve deeper. she sucks in her stomach as it hits her navel. the cool breeze leaving goosebumps that lined her skin.

kina reminded her much of kou. yet this place was without war. she couldn't help but wonder if phobos would take her invitation. if their duties did not shackle him to reim. her lips curl into a frown at the thought. she had never intended to burden him. he was too young, yet so eager. how could she say no?

she pulls her hair over her shoulder, drawing water over its length. he has been through worse. she had seen it with her own eyes. a feint of viscous life flowed from her palms, staining the dark pool around her. the hands of the dead grip at her flesh. her breath hitches, hand slapping against the water.

she blinks.

there's nothing there.

258 WORDS

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 08/07/20, 04:48 am; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

thread tracker
http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

Adrastos just recently came to Kina, intrigued by its clan system and the secret they held, but he felt like enjoying the night as he normally did… before everything became so chaotic. He didn’t bother wearing his doctor’s disguise when he was alone. Instead, the dark king wore black pants with a black overcoat. His feet were bare, but he was never bothered by cutting his foot on something or getting them dirty.

Alone on his walk, he stumbled upon a small lake hidden by trees. The lotus flowers looked rather beautiful nestled in the moss. The area was too peaceful… Unlike Kou, there was no depravity, no despair. In such peace, how could the dark king find anything to amuse him? It was infuriating to start from scratch… How could he disrupt the peace? Or how did he want to do it? Adrastos picked up a smooth stone from the bank and tossed it. The stone skipped, creating multiple ripples that expanded outward and crossed with each other. “Is that what I need to do?” Movement caught Adrastos’ attention from the corner of his eye. He turned.

A young woman was soaking in the water nearby, no farther than six feet from where he stood. How long had she been there? The dark king hardly had any interactions with anyone other than his minions and trusted advisor. His silver eyes stared at her form, her wet silver hair and soft looking skin. Adrastos didn’t know what to say to her. He hadn’t even spoken to a woman since… Noir? And before that… was it Rima? He would have counted Tsuki, but she wasn’t some normal woman; she was a demon in human skin, mimicking a woman. He’d never admit it out loud, but she terrified him on some level. Tsuki was the only woman he believed could replace him if something were to happen.

“Ahhh… good evening,” he said, unsure of how to go about introducing himself.

WORD COUNT: 328
MAGOI: 480/480
STAMINA: 200/200

kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] 3oCk1sb

kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] 7kZv0Du
kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] AmCJaPN kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] Ltg0RVb kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
a familiar sensation rippled across the surface of her skin, piercing needles down her spine. it breaks her from her trance. eyes widen. rima? her heart skips a beat. she took air through her nose, letting the soft breeze do its work. a strange scent fills her senses. a voice calls out, unsure. masculine in nature. no. it wasn't her. it was someone different. a stranger. only the air around them were similar.

slowly, she turns to look back at the man. with a garnet gaze, she stares. a stoic visage painted across her features. his hair was long and silver, similar to her own yet deeper. that much she could tell. the rest obscured by the darkness that cloaked him. "good evening," she replies, her tone holds a softness despite her disposition.

she breaks away her gaze, peering back down into the water. "it's dangerous," she states. a pause as she lets her hair fall back down. it serves as an ivory curtain. sheltering her bareness. "to sneak up on someone."

432 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

The dark king chuckled. “No more dangerous than leaving your guard down in the middle of the night,” he retorted. “Especially for women such as yourself.” She basically asked for someone to sneak up behind her, but it’s not like he was paying attention to his surroundings. If he had, he might have stayed away.

Adrastos sat down with a knee propped up and his right leg tucked underneath. The bottom of his feet were dirty from travel, and he half considered going in the water himself. However, he didn’t like eyes seeing his scarred back and shoulders. As his eyes looked out at the still water, he spoke to the woman, [color-black]“Why is someone like you here alone?”[/color]

He felt intrigued by this woman but didn’t know why. His eyes would occasionally glance at her. Her hair was hiding her bare skin from his view, though he didn’t mind her nakedness. Adrastos didn’t really care. His arm draped over his knee as he examined the rings on his fingers and cleaned the dirt from his nails. Deep down, the dark king felt the urge to know more about the woman, but it wasn’t quite as strong as when he met with Rima or Noir. Or maybe he was just trying to downplay his curiosity.

WORD COUNT: 543

kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] AmCJaPN kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] Ltg0RVb kyoka suigetsu [ private | adrastos ] VjD0Py3

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
her head resets to focus her gaze in front of her, moving deeper into the dusky waters. "that is assuming i had my guard down," she returns with a soft chuckle. "i sensed you there before you spoke. your scent is quite peculiar." it reminded her of rima. the feeling it induced made her bones shiver. like being wrapped in a cold void with the only light being just out of reach. in a way, it brought her comfort. if only in the remembrance of her companion.

she turns slightly as she hears his body shift. it stops and she doesn't bother to glance. she dips her body into the pool, keeping only her head above. "i am cleansing away my impurities. the full moon is only so generous to give her blessings once each cycle." her head sinks under the surface. for a moment, she stays before rising back up.

593 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

“My, my,” he chuckled, “such a keen sense of smell. How interesting.” The dark king ran his fingers through his silver threads of hair, eyeing this woman with new interest. “What do you mean by peculiar?” That was the first time someone described his scent as ‘peculiar’. Nobody even described his personality as peculiar.

Adrastos hummed to himself. “I’m not familiar with that phrase,” he admitted. “Cleaning impurities? Is that supposed to be a physical cleaning or a spiritual one?” He paused in thought before adding with a smirk,  “Not that it would do any good for me.” He had killed and slaughtered so many innocents, he was too far gone. Not to mention he relished in the bloodbath and carnage that ensued, watching the life drain from their bodies and their eyes forever opened in fear. Nowadays, the dark king found himself getting antsy if he didn’t take the life of a least one person a day. Now that he thought about it, did he kill anyone today? He couldn’t remember.

WORD COUNT: 715

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
the smallest of smiles spreads across her lips. "a smell that has no scent but it is felt none the less." she rises up, standing taller in the waters as she paces. ivory locks floating in threads behind her. "it reminds me of an old friend." for once, she spares him a glance. a thought crossed her mind. a wonder if her friend has met this man before. she always found strange company.

"it would depend on where your impurities lie," she explains, tilting her head slightly. "by my true nature, i have spilled much blood that i've yet to return to the balance. the scales of my soul are imbalanced. selune relieves puts me into balance as she does the ocean tides." there was much good to be done but only for the willing.

diana stares down at her palms. stained, they were, with the blood of so many. garnet eyes shut, snow tipped lashes aflutter. her chest expands as she draws in breath.

"the water is there to reflect. even the full light of the moon can not help but stare at her flaws through the mirror. look at yourself within its depths and draw forth your intent into your mind, stranger. and pray tell, what do you see?"

804 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

The dark king raised a brow. “An old friend?” Odd, but no matter. He found amusement in this woman’s words, but he had no interest in balancing himself. He stood and shrugged off his overcoat, letting the black cloth fall to his bare feet. He stretched a few times, pulling his arms over his head and across his bare chest. He wasn’t a bodybuilder, but years of training his body showed some definition in his muscles.

Adrastos stepped into the cool water but was unaffected by its sudden chill. “Perhaps we can stop being strangers first?” he offered, lowering himself into the water. The full moon exposed the deep scars on his back and shoulders. The movement of his hair floating in the water was similar to silvery water snakes. “I’ve seen my own reflection many times, and I’ve killed it a thousand times over. Over and over… until nothing remained.” Dark shadows danced ominously across his pale face. “I’d rather see my reflection in others’ eyes,” he said, bending down slightly so she wouldn’t break her neck looking up at him. Face to face, the dark king towered over this woman, similar to how he towered over Rima and Noir. The thought amused him, and he couldn’t help but smirk. Adrastos got closer so that she look into his cold silver eyes, “So tell me, what do you see?”

WORD COUNT: 945

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. a sudden disturbance causes the water to ripple, flowing in a steady tempo against her skin. her ears trained on the sounds of the pool as he wades through. she turns her head ever so slightly, watching him out of the corner of her eye.

"perhaps."

as he draws closer, she angles herself more until silver meets with crimson. yet her head does not tilt upwards, only her eyes follow with an unfaltering expression. if he stared too long, he would find a distant light, barred by a gilded cage. a lion, guarding her soul. they reflect no fear, only tranqulity.

"what do i see? many things... yet nothing at all," she answers, a subtle smile curling her lips. diana places a hand on his bicep, a slight pressure applied to his flesh. a gentle touch in comparison to her strength. "a man who is no one yet many. who is this man you see in your reflection?"

972 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

The warmth from her hand felt so different compared to the cadavers he toyed with back in Kou. Her eyes were still so full of life, but it was odd that she’d be at ease. His own hand reached out to move a strand of silver hair out of the way of her garnet eyes. Such a beautiful color reminding him of blood.

“The reflection that haunted me until I destroyed him?” Adrastos queried, his voice hushed and yet almost pleased with himself. The hand that moved a hair from her face found its place over her hand on his bicep. The warmth of another person touching his skin reminded him he was still alive and not a dead man wandering the world. It reminded him that he still existed outside of the shadows, unlike his old reflection. “He was a nobody. A weakling. Left to me by fate to turn me back to the fake light of this world…”

“Now,” he said, “There’s just me, Adrastos, a man free to do what he desires.” The dark king told this woman a name he hadn’t told many people before. He didn’t know why, but he didn’t care. Soon, he’d step out of the shadows, and having one stranger know his name was of no consequence in the grand scheme of things. “What about you?” his hand slowly reached out to gently hold her chin as he stared into those crimson eyes. “In those beautiful garnet eyes, you’re so serene. Yet I can’t help but feel as though you’re guarding yourself despite your lack of fear. Why?”

WORD COUNT: 1211

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
she blinks as he pushes a strand of hair away from her face. in a time, she would have broken his wrist for such a movement. yet she remained still. her gaze unmoving from his own. curious, she could say she was. but she wasn't sure.

his hushed words reach her through the silence of night. he claims he was no one yet it is impossible to destroy what does not exist. though, it seemed he has found himself in the same position.

adrastos.

"i see. a name in which means inescapable. is a man truly free or is he running from the spirits that haunt him so?" to be so loathsome of ones self to seek to destroy it. that was truly a curse of the soul. she chuckles. "no need to answer." for she already had her own.

the warmth of his hand radiates through her jaw. such a vulnerable state to be in. to have his hand so close to her neck. a threatening gesture. her eyes fill with a distant darkness, narrowing slightly. yet her tone remains as calm as the waters around them.

"a heart left unguarded allows room for ruin. the gods do not envy weakness. yet they bare witness to it each day. the rose grows thorns yet the sheep consume them none the less." her palm slides up his arm to his shoulder blades. "even so, the rose holds no fear. for one day her thorns will catch in the throat of the sheep and she will receive her due." slender fingers reach his neck, just barely grazing across the surface of his skin.

1244 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

A sinister smile appeared on his mouth. He was free. He didn’t feel the conflicts of his past weighing him down, questioning his morality and decisions at every turn. Adrastos wasn’t going to entertain this woman with an answer. He knew he was free to fulfill his selfish desires and whims. The more time Adrastos spent with the woman, the more he got to know her little by little.

The woman was religious. Her talk of gods reminded the dark king of another who spoke of similar matters. Requiem Jinx, a man enslaved by the teachings of the Dark Hand, spoke of summoning his god to the world. Of course, he sounded like a lunatic to Adrastos. If a god could be pulled down to the mortal realm, then was it really a god? Her eyes narrowed when he had touched her chin. They filled with familiar darkness he had seen in his own eyes many times before. Perhaps he misstepped, but Adrastos didn't care as he listened to her words intently, understanding her analogy.

“If the rose’s thorns try to prick the creature’s neck, the sheep’s form will shed to reveal a cobra, waiting to bare his fangs if need be.” The dark king leaned closer, a wild glint in his eyes as he allowed his throat to be closer for her to grasp, showing he wasn’t afraid of her threat. “The cobra doesn’t care about the rose’s thorns like a naive sheep.”

The dark king kept his hand under her chin. “Then the rose and the cobra are at an impasse,” he said, bringing her hand on his throat to his face where he held it there, feeling her warmth on his cheek. Adrastos remained like that with his eyes closed before they fluttered open. “Does the rose have a name?” His voice was soft, intending to show he meant no harm so long as she meant no harm to him. Adrastos waited, hungry to see if he’d hear the name of this woman that showed no fear toward the dark king of shadows.

WORD COUNT: 1557

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
as he leaned closer, her palm would lie flat against his neck, fingers closing around it in a grasp. the sharp edges of her nails pressing into his skin like bramble vines. though he was a cobra, it seemed her blood would not taste his venom on this night.

her brows knit as she lets him take her hand to his cheek. she draws in a breath. his silver eyes shut and for a moment, everything was still. as they opened, he asked for a name. her pupils constrict into slits as the darkness disapates. "a rose has no name. for she is one of many." she replies, pulling away her hand.

he was not as much of a threat as he was a smooth talker. it reminded her of jahan but this was different. though, she hadn't the mind to step into such snares. the lioness turns her back to him, releasing her chin from his grasp. "but you may call me diana."

1408 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

Adrastos smirked as she pulled away. He took this opportunity to submerge under the water, letting the muted sounds embrace his body. He stayed under for a good few minutes before reappearing above the surface and slicking his hair back. Adrastos then laid back, allowing his body to float on the surface as he stared at the moon. “Diana… Gorgeous name... Are you from Reim? Or is your heritage from there?” He originated from Reim, and in his adult years, spent some time there after living in Kou.

The dark king didn’t care if Diana had fallen into his entrapment; he was just bored, looking to kill some time. Diana was pretty, but someone of her beauty was most likely taken by now. That was a fight he didn’t care to win when the sort of relationship would be a weakness to exploit. However, talking with another person was a bit… entertaining. Perhaps he should do it more often. “There’s a lot about you I find interesting, but I suppose the most intriguing thing you’ve said is about gods.” His silver eyes glanced at her. “I’m not religious and the last person that talked about his god was a raving lunatic brainwashed by a cult,” he waved his hand. “Maybe you can make more sense than him?”

WORD COUNT: 1774

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
she wades over to a nearby lotus, tracing the edges of it's petals with her fingers. its blushed petals stiff to the touch. her head turned a bit, keeping him in the corner of her gaze. when he resurfaces from the waters, she answers. "i am. though i have not been in a long time," she admits, running her digits through the ends of her hair.

diana couldn't escape from the fact she felt homesick. this world had drained her of everything yet had given her so much. the simplicity of her past duties were inviting. she was sick of war and affairs that did not concern her. yet she had stepped into many holes.

"the gods i worship do not need me to make sense of them. they speak for themselves." she gestures her hand towards the velveteen skies. "the moon symbolizes balance and rebirth. as the full moon takes away the heaviness in our souls, she fades into darkness only to be return."

she would be lying if she said he didn't intrigue her as well. as flattering as it was, she thought it odd for him to have such interest in gods. for a man who didn't uphold to religion. though, she didn't mind indulging him. to share her tradition was an honor for her.

"if you want, i could continue. i do not wish to bore you with such things."

1642 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

Adrastos closed his eyes. Diana’s gods were different than the one Jinx raved about, but he still didn’t understand. So gods represented certain concepts? Why? What was so important about it? He was far from balanced, and didn’t believe in rebirth. His dark path probably prohibited him from being reborn anyway. Still, he’d listen to Diana out of respect and curiosity. “No, go on,” he encouraged. The longer she spoke about her religion, the less he’d have to tell about himself. His views, from what he could gather, would most likely be blasphemous if she was really religious anyway. It was better to keep her talking. While she’d teach the dark king about gods, he’d float silently as he listened.

However, a question popped into his mind. “What does your religion say about those who go against fate?”

WORD COUNT: 1912

Last edited by Adrastos Thanatos on 10/07/20, 02:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
her brows raised slightly at the push of his intrigue. perhaps he was just being polite. she would indulge him for a time.

his question strikes her as odd. "nothing," she answers. "how would someone go against fate?" diana didn't understand. the way she had understood the concept made it near impossible.

"our lives are shaped by our decisions. there is no clear path for there are many. if you do not like where your fate is headed, you take another path. death is the only thing we can not escape. hekates will guide us to the underworld when it is our time. to ensure their safe journey, we burn them under the moonlight to bless them with two gold coins on each eye so they may pay for their voyage."

she cups water in her hand, pouring it over her body. idly continuing her ritual, un-phased by his presence. "why do you ask?"

1796 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

Standing up, the dark king massaged his shoulder, discreetly feeling the scars on his flesh from his childhood. “It’s rather simple to go against fate,” he admitted. “Things happen just because? And we, as inhabitants of the world, must accept that it guides us into the darkest of situations? Family death, personal trauma?” He began to massage his other shoulder. “I’ll find my own path in this twisted world with my own two hands. I’ll be a king; I won’t grovel underneath someone else’s foot just because fate put me there. Though explaining it to someone who follows that path is never easy, and vice versa as well.”

Adrastos also knew the truth of the world anyway and knowing it made him even more disgusted. They were basically following someone else and what he decided was fate. They were puppets to his own whim. He wasn’t about to die a slave… If he had his way though, he wouldn’t want to die at all. He’d rise up, be immortal, be a god. Of course, he couldn’t say that out loud.

“I’ve asked someone something similar before,” he admitted. “I just wanted to see what you’d say out of curiosity.” His arms fell as he watched Diana with a tilted head and narrowed eyes. He looked up at the moon again. Even if Adrastos wanted to be saved, he believed he couldn’t. The path of darkness he walked was necessary to him. Without it… he’d rather die.

WORD COUNT: 2158

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier
diana allowed a veil of silence hang between them. his resolve in finding his own way was strong. she could respect him. if he would follow through with his desires was up for him to decide.

to be a king.

once she had thought it was a foolish pursuit. a feat that only children would dream of. yet she had met a few that had made it a reality for themselves. the power of a djinn allowed for much and more. she couldn't help but wonder if this man pursued the same.

"i am sure you will find the path you are searching for. trust in the compass of your soul and you will end up you to where you need to be."

she plucks a petal off of the lotus, dropping it into the water to let it float away in the gentle current. "but know this, while such a path may grant you glory and immortality. such glory walks hand in hand with doom. be sure you tread carefully, adrastos. for there are vipers greater than even you."

1977 WORDS

thread tracker

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

“Doom, eh?” Adrastos waded out of the water, his back toward Diana as he began to wring the water from his hair. “If I was told that earlier, I’d be afraid, but I know the truth.” He stood in silence. Perhaps he should still be afraid, he thought. His rukh alignment meant nothing after death, but those that were white… they had something… They were able to be reborn someday… Or at least they did. “I already know I’ll be met with doom, that those vipers above me can strike.” Adrastos turned his head toward her and smiled. “Trust me, I can take care of them if need be.”

The dark king picked up his coat to drape it over his shoulder, covering the scars on his back once more. “It was a pleasure talking with you, Diana; you’re not like others I’ve come across.” Adrastos began to walk away, toward the cover of the trees, but not before waving behind him. “Perhaps we’ll meet again, Diana. I’ll be looking forward to that day.”

- EXIT -

WORD COUNT: 2332

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum