Self Defense Classes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Self Defense Classes Empty Self Defense Classes 02/05/14, 05:37 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

Teach Me How to Fight:

Altair had heard that the neighborhood boys were getting a little rough around town.  It wasn't something that he had to worry about, unless of course they tried to hurt the flock of sheep he was tending.  But they were certainly a nuisance around town.  They were stealing from shops, and bullying the other kids in town.  They were lucky that Altair never caught them doing that, or they would have been in for a world of hurt.  Sort of.  It's not like Altair went around beating up kids, but a nice thwack to the head has always been a good motivator.

One day while he was tending the sheep, he heard some yells coming from beyond the hill to his left.  He went to go check it out, and low and behold, the neighborhood kids were picking on someone again.  He appeared to be a boy of about twelve, and he obviously didn’t know how to defend himself.  He fell, and the kids began to kick him.  Altair yelled at the top of his lungs, ”Hey!  For every time you kick him, I’ll kick you twice as hard!  Get out of here now!”  The kids jumped and ran back into town, laughing all the way.  Altair went to go check on the boy, and found him almost in tears, holding his stomach.  “Damn kids.” Thought Altair.  He helped the boy to his feet and brushed him off.  ”Are you ok? asked Altair.  ”Those kids sure weren’t messing around.  Why didn’t you fight back?  The boy looked up and said plainly, ”Because I don’t know how.  And I’m not very brave.”  Altair smiled.  ”it’s not about bravery, it’s about courage.  Courage is when you do something even though you are afraid.  Would you like me to teach you how to defend yourself?”  The boy instantly perked up.  ”Yeah, I want them to see what it’s like to be bullied.”  Altair frowned.  He poked the boy in the stomach, eliciting a yelp, and said, ”One thing you should know.  I will not teach you if that is how you are going to use it.  What I’m going to teach you is how to defend yourself, not how to fight.  There is a big difference.  So you have to promise me that you will not use what I teach you to get revenge.”  The kid frowned for a second, but then put on a good face and agreed.

~406/500~

2Self Defense Classes Empty Re: Self Defense Classes 02/05/14, 05:45 pm

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

Altair gave Shareem, for that was the boy’s name, a few rudimentary lessons in defense. Mostly blocks and redirects, but he also taught him how to throw a good punch. He told Shareem that the most important thing in a fight is to end each encounter quickly, with as little effort as possible. This not only stops their attacks, but demoralizes the opponent, making them less likely to attack again. Shareem started slow, but eventually got the hang of defending himself quite well. When Altair practiced with him, he was able to block most of Altair’s strikes, and even got in a few of his own. Satisfied with his progress, Altair told him to keep practicing on his own, and that no more lessons would be necessary.

Sometime later while he was working in the fields, Altair once again heard some commotion coming from over the hill. When he went to go check it out, he saw Shareem surrounded by a group of the neighborhood kids. But this time, when one of the other kids threw a punch, Shareem simply deflected it. He didn’t continue the fight, and simply tried to walk away. When the kids continued to harass him, he simply ended the fights as quickly as he could. He was hit a few times, but his hits always ended the fights. Altair was proud of him. He had grown in the short time he trained him into someone to be respected for the way they handled their ‘business’.

~656/500~

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum