You are not connected. Please login or register

Criminal Crafting [B-tier Crafting, open]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The squalled living conditions of Zadi Medmar has allowed him to ponder upon an important decision - attempt to illegally craft a couple weapons or make do with what the blonde swordsman has? With two working crossbows in his possession, one of which possessed trained magic capabilities, Zadi felt he could do without a sword and shield. However, fate seemed to suggest otherwise; two-thousand Huang was on the ground right in front of a blacksmith's workshop. Being the renewed soul Zadi felt he wanted to be, Zadi did not immediately snatch the seemingly lonely, relatively large sum of Huang despite being just enough money to allow the blonde swordsman to gamble within Reim's coliseum.

Not only did Zadi wait for the two-thousand Huang to be left completely alone on the street, the arguably wayward Zadi also waited for the blacksmith's workshop to become completely empty. If neither happened at the same time, Zadi would know what fate had in store for the kimono-wearing swordsman.

Sure enough, hours later of inconspicuous glaring - Zadi, the two-thousand Huang, and the blacksmith's workshop were left alone in the middle of the night, for the time being. Zadi grabbed the strangely lonely stack of Huang and used his nimble fingers to make his way into the smithing workshop. Perhaps Zadi would be lucky enough to work in peace while criminally forging a working sword of relatively fine craftsmanship.

--------

232/1,500 words - B-tier Blacksmithing

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Unfortunately for the wayward soul, Zadi Medmar could not for the life of him hammer a furnace-heated peace of metal quietly. The banging and clashing of forged equipment onto hardening steel made for quite the racket. The local guard made patrols through this dark street like any other well-protected area of Reim's capitol city, so Zadi would be caught stealing precious metal and heat from the blacksmith's workshop inevitably. However, at the very least Zadi didn't want to be arrested before completing his objective - a sword filled with stable passion, if such a thing was possible.

A minimum of six hours was necessary to complete the desired result of a well crafted sword. Granted, the time to turn on the furnace and re-heat the metal every trip back would increase this time significantly; the more nights Zadi spent working on this single sword would mean more nights living in squalled conditions with only two-thousand Huang to his name! Thankfully, three hours passed on the first night before Zadi was forced to flee. The blacksmith heard the banging of metals first, followed shortly by two guards, thankfully not Fanalis. The Fanalis Corp would make for fine adversaries - if Zadi possessed a weapon. Otherwise the blonde swordsman would be helpless.

Anyway, the second night lasted less long - from three hours on the first night to two and a half hours. The sound of banging became more familiar to the local guards and they ended up arriving first. The blacksmith must have been dreaming about his livelihood and blended dream with reality, much to Zadi's supposed luck. Nonetheless, Zadi required more time than the minimum six hours to complete his sword; five and a half hours spent hammering and re-forging the same hunk of metal was extremely tiresome on a near-empty stomach, not to mention the requirement of staying alert. Considering Zadi's current health, the forging of this one sword of only decent quality was perhaps the greatest challenge faced by the deathless blonde - not considering surviving Ronove, a dungeon.

--------

569/1,500 words

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

As the nights went on, Zadi was slowly completing his fated sword through which to achieve swordsmanship. Night after night, the time spent on the sword was getting shorter until finally Zadi could no longer work within the same smithing workshop; Zadi didn't pace himself and therefore caused patrols to frequent the blacksmith's place of work until finally guards were stations by the workshop, ready to ambush the criminal crafter, Zadi Medmar.

Waiting within a nearby alleyway, Zadi kept hidden, pondering his next move. Other blacksmith workshops were checked for usability, but they were owned by Reim's military. The war in Kou must have Reim's ruling body on edge, understandably so; a country fresh out of hardship is not stable until years of repair. Zadi didn't necessary feel happiness at the thought of leaving Kou prematurely, but a positive feeling was swelling nonetheless. The battlefield was Zadi's guilty pleasure, but stability was Zadi's current fate - maybe even Zadi's deepest desire. Zadi never thought about his parents, but when they were alive he felt safe.

Perhaps all the chaotic escalation was in part a result of Zadi attempting to prove his strength to himself, a way to feel the safety he once felt with his living parents. A paradoxical way of proving the ability to keep yourself safe, but Zadi is not the sharpest swordsman - the blonde knows how to seek danger and survive despite himself. Having some time to doze off while waiting for an opportunity to put himself into more danger, Zadi drifted into self reflection; Should I really be competing within the coliseum? I'll just be putting myself into more danger which disproves my ability to keep myself safe. Even if I survive all my battles with no injuries, I won't have ever felt safe despite proving my strength. However, I have nothing else to do but fight at the moment. I can't seem to free myself from combat's lustful grasp.

Having thought the phrase "combat's lustful grasp", Zadi quivered in anticipation for the coliseum; either words or ideas were able to flip Zadi's switch, perhaps both considering the eloquence of the lustful swordsman's thoughts. Zadi shook his head in protest to his perverse mind and decided to refocus on his primary objective - to craft a fine sword.

--------

950/1,500 words

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Eating off the street like a beggar was difficult for the prideful Zadi Medmar, but survival was necessary when laser focused on a single task; the blonde swordsman simply could not focus on more than one task at a time, so taking up a real job would not be possible while attempting to craft a sword! Silly as ever, Zadi the kimono-wearing sword-crafter just needed one more night to complete his above-average creation - just one more night of suffering before entering the coliseum.

Unless I want to make a shield...hmmm...my health says otherwise.

Tired and hungry, Zadi wouldn't have much of a chance against the two guards if they called for backup, so either Zadi become ruthless or attempt to remain stealthy. For the wayward blonde, moderated violence the only type of bloodshed Zadi was willing to partake in; to kill innocent guards  just to craft a sword would be too unstable for the stability-seeking swordsman. Therefore stealth was Zadi's only reasonable option, but what kind of stealth? Knock out the guards somehow? Zadi was too weak to control his trained yet waning strength, but the flow of Zadi's magoi wasn't much different - perhaps his magoi flow was even more fluid since seeking stability under the blind guidance of fate?

The Orb-Weaver's Thread

Upon pulling out Gut's the String and using The Orb-Weaver's Thread to freely manipulate the organic string, Zadi's mind seemed to flash to the last instance of Orb-Weaver's Thread - the Kou Civil War within the swamp encampment. There Zadi had attempted to use the string ability to make a surprise attack against his primary target hidden behind a wall of trained, military-level guards. The versatile, stealthy strength of the string manipulation may have been too much for Zadi's conscious at the time for a moment later Zadi crushed his final Shard of Solomon to wish for stability.

Thankfully I don't plan to kill anyone this time~

His mind rubber-banding to the present, Zadi didn't feel swayed from using his magoi-manipulated string to temporarily bind the two guards standing watch over the blacksmith's shop. Death was not on Zadi's mind this time, only fear of instability should he fail to remain stealthy. With a flick of his wrist, Zadi surged his graceful magoi through the string, manipulating the long strand of purple to bind and temporarily silence the two guards with blinding speed. Being a short distance from the two guards, Zadi would have more than enough string to fulfill his intentions and complete the smithing of his new sword.

From the stifled reactions from the guards, Zadi could tell his plan had worked - the guards were bound and silent until Zadi felt ready to leave with a newly-crafted sword. Keeping himself hidden from the bound guards' views, Zadi continued his project and felt capable of embellishing upon the sword's design. Zadi's wish for stability did not terminate the swordsman's passion for the fabulous. Maybe more so than before, Zadi Medmar felt compelled to remain true to his passions and seek only the most fabulous of items to add to his collection~

Anyway, a few hours later, Zadi left with a crimson rapier made out of passion for stability. The guards were released from their bindings after Zadi felt safe, prompting the guards to predictably call for help from other guards. However, more guards would not matter anymore - Zadi completed his work and created a fine sword.

-----

1,500+/1,500 words - B-tier Sword Crafted

-----

Items:

Abilities:

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum