You are not connected. Please login or register

Reflecting thoughts[Lagi][Memory]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Knuckles had recently left the military Unit known as the Unity Corps, the thought and memory still fresh in his head. While it was true he had never moved into higher ranks with the group, he had enjoyed his stay. He'd be lying if he said he didn't miss being around others of his kind, and the brotherhood of it all, his eyes would close as he relived the memory...

Walking into one of the higher up's office's Knuckles had his separation paperwork ready. He had made up his mind to venture out into the world, see things and look for that greater fight than he was getting here. Walking into the office his uniform was in excellent condition, he carried no weapons or items on his person besides the papers. After three Knocks Knuckles would enter and salute. "Good morning Sir, Knuckles Shi Reporting."

His voice was loud and clear when he spoke, he wanted to show respect as he entered. His body moved in front of the desk as he waited for the officer to speak.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even though Roark El Nagi was left in charge in the sense of being the leader of the Unity Corps, it was always good to have a second in command. The person that Lagi left in charge before departing, Kohai El Nagi, was the person that was at the desk area. As Kohai closed the book on recent assignments that he was looking into and working on personally, he would get up and give Knuckles a returning salute.

Reflecting thoughts[Lagi][Memory] 2nu1F

"Knuckles, one of the best we have here. It's always good to see a man of aspiring skill and talent as one of the members of this unit. I've seen the fruits of your combat training in person, the Coliseum is what builds men, sometimes it builds character. Everything in place of glory is a facet of life, with the potential to lose everything as well. But of course, you didn't come to hear me speak of things like combat war. Did you have something to report to me?"

Kohai was formal, cutting to the chase for the sake of not wanting to hold up one of the more prominent members that he entrusted with the spy mission that was in place all those months ago. Kohai knew that Knuckles could be trusted, that was the only reason he spoke so freely with the man. On Kohai's shoulder, there was a bug like a creature that seemed to be wearing a mask with a star on the forehead. It was seemingly Kohai's beast partner that never left his side.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a bit saddening, and guilt laid on his heart. "Please sir, you give me for to much credit." He'd paused for a moment as he looked away. It wasn't that he was scared to quit, it was he felt he was leaving things unfinished. Still, there were things happening in Reim that he couldn't take action on while in this Uniform. Handing the papers over towards Kohai,"My separation request sir. " He'd look back towards the man his emerald eyes looking the second in command in his own. "I feel my time has come with the Unity Corps, for now, there are pressing matters I must take and for the sake of the brotherhood I don't wish a negative image to reflect on our Corps."

Knuckles would take a breath, he knew there was going to be an investigation done on him, something that was common, he didn't know was how long and how through they would be. "As I farmer slave, with rumors and evidence found of export and importing of slaves into Reim I need to handle this on my own, without having my hands tied, and especially without having someone tell me how to extract information. This is my reason for requesting my dismissal sir."

When Knuckles brought up the talk of slaves his voice would have a different tone to it, his eyes a look of anger, his entire body language would be scream kill. Even if they didn't understand it, for now, they had no choice, even if his papers wouldn't be signed he would be marked as a traitor and he'd leave. There was no one who was going to stop him here.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"A separation request?"  

Kohai took a look at the document, but he couldn't hide his disappointment. Maybe there were a few difficult obstacles that the Unity corp faced. The fact that Octavius didn't trust the unit that handled the internal affairs for the country was troublesome enough, but it was the representation that he brought as the spearhead of the council seat that brought about the disarray. Roark also had a seat in the council, but Kohai knew that things were looking positively in Octavius's favor.

But before Kohai could say anything further on the matter in regards to  Knuckles's impending departure, the younger officer brought up the rumors that they were facing in the sense of the slaves being imported and exported in Reim.

"I designed a special task force in looking into that due to the fact that slavery here is actually abolished in Reim. If these people are being detained and sold off, it's being done in secret, as well as being the job of internal affairs to weed out the possible cause and apprehend the suspects. But i understand your personal stake in this in disliking the outcome of us wanting to arrest these people alive with the ability to confess who the buyers are and what connection they have with Reim to be able to operate so comfortably in this great city. Knuckles, I understand that it might be unreasonable to ask you to wait for us to arrest these men, since you feel so strongly enough to cut ties to do the job yourself."

Turning around as he placed his hands in his back, Kohai would sigh.

"Internal investigations would take about a week, we can't risk a loss of information to leak out so most of our hands would be tied. We can consider this the exit interview to expedite the process, I'll have my hands tied with the other assignment I mentioned to you before about the council conspiracy leak. We are pretty much spread thin, so I'll have to pull the task force back to do that review as well. But during all this time,  you'll be placed in an administrative trial position that doesn't give you official route to police UC business, but you'll receive your payment for the final week, and would still maintain your clearance until the final day of work.  With that, you'll have access to what the task force discovered,  and you'll be the last one people would suspect if all activity simply stopped. If you can be discreet, consider it a going away present for one of my most talented."

Sitting back down, Kohai would take put a small scroll that had information on the release information of a UC member, with a  pen and an ink to the side.

"Are these conditions acceptable for you?"

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Knuckles felt honored by the Boos man's actions. Who would have thought they thought of him so highly and offered him such a nice package upon leaving. "You're too kind, sir."He smiled at the man as he finished talking. He felt bad leaving like this but its what had to be done for now. Perhaps one day we would return to avenge his name and help them ensure Reim's safety. Though he knew all too well what his future with them would be.

"Feel free to call on me in the future for assistance, I know my clearance level won't be up to standard to help on bigger things. You can still count on me to lend a hand from time to time. When I'm done with this I'll likely return. "  Knuckles would head towards the door but pause once he grabbed the handle. "Before I go, sir, I'd like to give you in person what I found thus far. The Brotherhood of Ash seems to behind the importation of the slaves currently. Their ties seem to come from Helio, but I'm not sure to what extent. While I'm on my own I'll look into Lagi's death further as well. " Knuckles would wait for a response, after getting it he'd exit.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Kohai nodded in acknowledgement of the offer for help A good hand was always appreciated in their field of work and having someone that wasn't directly connected to the unity corps might prove to be valuable down the line.

"I appreciate the offer, I will take you up on it when the time comes that I may have to rely on you. But I will try my best to not have this organization prove to be a burden on our current or even former members, I won't ask for the impossible. "

In regards to Lagi, Kohai was quiet for a while. He knew that the information regarding Lagi was secret, and he couldn't tell anyone else unless he absolutely had to. It was in regards to Lagi taking revenge against those who assaulted the El Nagi village and even kidnapped one of the council member. The fact that it got personal could mean that there is possibly a blurred line aspect of what could occur, but Kohai wanted to trust the fact that Lagi was acting within the best interests of Reim.

"Presumably..... he's presumed dead. But if you find any information whatsoever, let me know. There is also a lead in balbadd if you wish to pursue that well, heliohapt seems to be trading with them primarily. It's up to you on how you wish to tackle this. "

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

The memory faded, Knuckles hadn't gone to either of those places, he had come to Kou to see the results of the civil war. If he truly wishes to act upon his plan he needed to see what he would be setting Reim up for if he followed through with his intentions. Sighing he young Warrior would look down from the mountains. So far there was no sign of war however he had just entered the country. Just where would his path lead? And if he did stick to his intention on Reim, he hoped the Unity Corps was still with him when that time came.

It had become a dire situation with his heart, a choice in the future that would either make Reim greater than ever or destroy it to ash. Still, those last words... "So where has the King gone?"

-exit-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum