Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Caelus Valeria VS. Breaker Empty Caelus Valeria VS. Breaker 18/07/18, 04:31 pm

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Enemy:
Equipment:

Telleus came running into the waiting area as Caelus got ready. "Caelus, have i got a match for you!" He shouted with glee, and tried to hand Caelus a folder.

"I already know who it is, Breaker." Caelus replied, ignoring it.

Telleus stuttered, "W-b-who told you? I was so excited for this!"

Caelus stood up and rolled his shoulders, making sure his armor was fastened correctly. "One of the other reps. Nobody knew where you were, and they couldn't let me go out there without knowing who i was fighting. It's not a big deal."

"It was to me..." Telleus slumped, defeated. "After last time, i wanted to surprise you with a good fight. Somebody who could maybe give you a run for your money. Not to mention earning myself some commission in lost bets, hehehe. He chuckled the last bit and stroked his chin. Caelus arched an eyebrow and smirked. Money was always on Telleus' mind.

"Do you want to tell me again? I promise i'll act surprised."

"No, it's fine. Good luck out there and all that." Telleus waved him off, but Caelus saw the smile he tried to hide. He'd have to make sure to give the people a good show to make up for it. Not that i actually feel all that bad about it.

Caelus entered the arena to cheers and walked to his starting position across from Breaker. Looking the gladiator over, Breaker was a beast of a man. Over six feet tall and nearly all muscle, his stature alone was enough to frighten lesser competitors away. But what the veterans knew was that his real power came in his tendency to break his opponents weapons, before pummeling them when they were defenseless. His tower shield was a favorite site for the fans, and an impenetrable wall for his foes. It had seen countless battles through with him, evidenced by the myriad dents, warps, and other damaged marks that covered it. Breaker's gauntlet was mainly for grabbing weapons before bringing down the shield to snap them in two. Whereas his shortsword wasn't even drawn until after that was accomplished half the time. Rare was the opponent who'd force him to draw it before he wanted to.

That will be my edge. If i can get him off balance enough to draw his sword, i think i can control the fight. He thought just as the starting bell rang. Caelus surged forward with Brave Engage, slamming Valkyrie into Breaker's shield just as he Braced against it, allowing him to absorb the blow completely. Caelus back-stepped and ran around Breakers left side, away from his shield, and swung again. But Breaker still Braced against the attack, by swinging his shield in front of him. Caelus struck again and again, but each time Breaker simply stood strong and absorbed the blows with his shield and Brace.

Although he wasn't dealing any damage, Caelus could see their exchanges were tiring Breaker out if only a little. Defending against his frequent and powerful attacks was slowly wearing him down. But while continuing to fight like that would be safer, Caelus wasn't sure if he had the stamina for a long and drawn out exchange. [color=#880000]I need to break his root. Make him trip up... Oh, the scream!/color] Caelus grinned wolfishly. While learning body manipulation with Ban, he had learned a technique to mimic the famous screech of the Fanalis, a disorienting sonic attack that frightened and stunned enemies. He hadn't yet found a good place to debut it, but this seemed like the perfect time.

Caelus moved in again, this time feinting to attack head on so that Breaker would raise his shield. Just as he predicted, Breaker lifted the great tower shield in front of him in preparation, but just before he got into position Caelus sprinted to the side and behind him, using his much greater speed to his advantage. He inhaled and let loose Lala's Roar, shaking the air with an ear-splitting screech that clearly shocked Breaker. The giant swung his shield wildly behind him, but was unable to brace properly, his shield taking the entirety of Caelus' follow up attack. Valkyrie left a deep horizontal cleave in the shield, but did not yet break it, much to Caelus' dismay.

When Breaker saw what happened to his favorite shield he roared in anger. "I AM BREAKER! I BREAK YOU! I AM UNBROKEN! NOW YOU PAY!" He grasped and drew his sword with his left hand, and slammed it against his shield in challenge. Breaker then charged in with his Crushing Rush, bringing a violent downward attack at Caelus.

Caelus smiled again. This was exactly what he wanted to happen. With his blade drawn, Breaker would abandon his attempts to break Valkyrie, and Caelus could focus on finishing the fight. Caelus brought up his shield to Deflect the swing, but misjudged the force of the blow, and took a wound to his shoulder in the process. The crowd roared at first blood, the first that Caelus had given up in a while. He jumped backwards as Breaker charged forward with a thrust attack. Now's my chance! Caelus thought, and brought Valkyrie up next to him to use Brush Past, took a step forward, and immediately struck back with Cross Counter. A powerful vacuum wind sucked Breaker into the blow, even as he tried desperately to interpose his shield between them. Valkyrie swung in an arc, blade flush with magoi, and sliced cleanly through both shield and flesh.

There was a beat, and then Breaker collapsed in two pieces, his shield lying next to him in similar fashion. The crowd gasped, then exploded into cheers and applause. His immediate comeback after losing first blood caused several patrons to throw their bets in anger, but the spectacle spoke for itself. Caelus had broken Breaker.

Abilities:

Magoi: 120/180
Stamina: 210/290

WC: 1012/800

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Caelus Valeria VS. Breaker TEMcyWS

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum