You are not connected. Please login or register

Sara and her fluttering heart[Social/open]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sara awoke inside of the inn and she tossed and turned on her bed throwing the blankets over her head with her face flushing red. She had told Lagi she loved him, it was so sudden and bold of her causing her heart to race even thinking about it. She would pull the blanket down of her head and toss it off the bed as she continued to roll back and forth across the bed. She was so hopeless she knew Lagi was out of her league but it didn't prevent her love of him, still having a kid and her abandoning the child created some difficult situations. Still, her heart was made up she had to do whatever she could for Lagi whether it be from the shadows or as a wife at his side she would do her part.

She headed downstairs after dressing herself and wearing a cloak over her head before making her way to a local tavern. She did enjoy drinking as she would take a seat and ask for a drink, the bartender had seen her here many times and poured her some strong alcohol like she always asked of him.

"Thanks, I really needed this today, I don't know what I am going to do from now on but I have a lot to think about you know."

She began to slam down her drink as she let out a sigh, being a Fanalis and knowing this now was such a shock to her. She still hated them despite being one herself, she was such a hypocrite but this was the way she had been forced to be raised. She would need some time to accept the truth, and longed to meet her parents again someday her real ones.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

http://magiworld.forumotion.com/t8633-sara-mcdonald-vault-done#46711
View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Eight stepped through the doorway of the establishment. His eyes scanned across the room until he recognized his business associate sitting at a table. Right there, he would pull back his hood, revealing his signature crimson locks, that identified him as a Fanalis, despite not being full-blooded. Under his cloak, he had a medley of leathers, linens and straps that kept him clothed.

He strolled past the bar counter, surprised that someone was actually sitting down for a drink so early. Eight stood beside the patron, able to catch a whiff of her beverage. "Starting the day off early, huh?"The comment was directed towards what he assumed to be an alcoholic. He looked down at the counter, making no eye contact but chuckling to himself as he retrieved his wallet from his garments.

He laid down enough money to get whatever he wanted. "Can you bring me a tea to my table? Oh and this drink," He finally glanced at the person, able to see a feminine gaze, with matching red hair. The second fanalis he had seen outside of his camp. Eight pointed to the mug of alcohol, and gave a generous amount that also included enough for a tip.

Eight made his way to the table were a robust merchant was awaiting him. Eights companion was dressed in a red velvet vest, with a golden buckle around his waist that were suspending some baggy pants. The merchants greasy black hair was braided down to his neck. "Well, you MUST have the samples, right?" With that cue, Eighh withdrew a long, thin cylinder, opening its cap and spilled the contents onto the table the two men shared. There were several scrolls that slowly parted, painting of humans, several scrolls worth. "No Fana?" The merchant seemed to whine through his nasal voice, looking to Eight for an answer, but the tea had arrived and the Fanalis was more concerned by the preparation of herbal drink.

View user profile
She suddenly had her thoughts interrupted by a man mentioning her starting early. This would gain the man a deep glare from her eyes at him as she noticed quickly what race he was only making her feel even more anger toward him. He quickly made his way to a table with a man dressed quite well, as he sat down she grew curious as to what they were discussing before she could hear the man say something about no Fanalis. There was no way, could he really be a slave trader doing a trade right in front of her, an aura of anger radiated from her body as she squeezed her shot glass shattering it with ease.

As she went to confront the men she could see him looking at scrolls, or maybe art, she let out a sigh so that was what it was, though she did wonder how good it was. She would look over with her eyes and spot the paintings some of the men were quite good looking as her face blushed a little, she would shake her head and order another drink.

For now, she felt uneasy but she had nothing to approach the men about, why would a man dressed so nice want pantings a Fanalis did she was not sure but she was focused as her drink came to her with her slamming it down quickly once again.

View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Eight glanced at the cloaked woman who seemed to be quite intrigued with his work. Did she know their line of work? Her strength was exceptional as she was able to break the glass, seemingly with ease, which showed the girls true origin, sharing it with himself. Eight whispered to the merchant, "Besides, your pockets aren't deep enough for one."

He left the scrolls with the merchant as he began to study the anatomical sketches of each of the slaves, taking a scroll with him. Eight walked back up to the bar, while looking at the shattered glass. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," remarking as he sat beside her. Eight paused as he began to get the notion of perhaps kidnappig or tricking this woman into becoming his slave. Eight saw the value in having a persons life belonging to you, especially that of a Fanalis.

"I guess that must be doubly true for you," then he lowered his voice and turned to the woman "Considering you must be a Fanalis. Would you like to come with me?" As he spit out those words, Eight unrolled his scroll that took up a decent portion of the bar table, revealing a nude woman on her knees, an arm covering her bosom and the other between her legs. "I need a... model. And I have simply been unable to find any Fanalis, it would be great to add you to my collection." His words reeked of double entendres, but he kept his cool and signaled the barkeep for another glass for the lady. Eight looked to his client, but he was only halfway through on studying the scrolls. "You can call me Alex."

View user profile
Having spent most of his free time amongst trusted allies during this tediously lengthy war, Adrastos decided to change his schedule. The magician, wearing rather luxurious attire consisting of a black hanfu with silver trim, strode into a tavern just in time to catch a conversation between a man and a woman at the bar. The man, though he didn’t know personally was called Alex. He didn’t look dangerous, but Adrastos knew the masks of people all too well. He wore so many himself it was clear to tell the double meanings behind people’s words. The man was no painter, or if he was, it wasn’t for an innocent hobby. The merchant dressed in finery at another table still scanned similar paintings with eyes full of longing, not for the painting themselves but for the subjects of the paintings. Adrastos tilted his head in curiosity, his gaze shifting back toward the people at the bar. The woman looked familiar, but such a long time had passed since he saw that face. Was it back in Reim? Adrastos remembered walking a a similar woman carrying a wrapped bundle to the palace in Remano…

Ahh… Sara… She had something important to speak with King Lagi in private… It was the bundle… What was it again? A baby? He thought. Looking at her now, there was no sign of a child, but why would she willingly take one to tavern? Perhaps, if she had a child, Sara left it elsewhere for safekeeping. No parent would want to bring a child to a warring country, least that was the generalization Adrastos thought.

The magician made his way to to pair. “Sara! What a delightful surprise,” the magician exclaimed with a grin, “I never thought I’d see you again, especially in this war stricken country. How long has it been? A year?” He firmly placed his hand on the man’s shoulder, leaning in close to his ear. “Alex was it?” he questioned in a chillingly hushed tone. “Do not touch her.” Adrastos’ message was brief, but in those few words, acid dripped off them like venom from a snake ready to strike. If Alex knew what was best for him and whatever business he was trying to accomplish, he’d forget trying to take the woman anywhere. This wasn’t really a threat from Adrastos himself seeing as he knew Sara’s potential, but it didn’t hurt to let the man know that there was now someone associated with his target that he’d have to take out if he ever wanted his prize.

Adrastos then sat down next to the Fanalis woman with a smile, as if he had never touched Alex and his earlier tone never happened. “What have you been doing since we last met?”

He ordered some tea as his silver eyes glanced between Sara and Alex. He would observe the other closely while maintaining some attention on Sara for when she’d respond.

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1
View user profile
Sara heard the man end the conversation with the merchant and walk toward her. He would take a seat next to her and mention a woman's scorn he had no idea how right he was about her scorn and hatred. He would then pull out a scroll showing a nude woman barely covering herself with her arms as he mentioned needing a model. She was positive this was a slave trader now, he had no clue she had been a slave and was by far not a fool or an innocent as he might think she is.

As she was about to make her own move a sudden and familiar man appeared, it was the man that helped guide her into the castle. He was not exactly an ally in her eyes but he was no enemy or at least he would not have any plans to harm her. When he heard her name her head would tilt up with her cloak falling off her head exposing her head as well as her body, he likely would be shocked how much her body had matured since they had last met.

"Hello Neo Mortem it has been a very long time, I was just about to inform this man I have no interest in modeling or being a slave already had my share and fun with that."

Her glare would stare directly at him like a lion looking at its prey as she would lift her sleeve showing the mark of a slave. She had been set free long ago but that marking was there forever without the ability to remove it. She was a former slave and no longer one but this man was praying on those of weak will and those that did not know about the world she wanted to kill him. She ha a much better idea though as she stood and made her way toward the other man the buyer, she would smile at the man before attempting to grab his hand. If she grabbed it she would squeeze it as hard as she could until it broke and give him a firm warning.

"If I see you around these parts ever again, you won't like what happens next, taking advantage of those who are helpless you are nothing but a disgusting monster."

View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Alexander's ploy was interrupted by a new person that had strolled in. It had seemed as if he had history with the other Fanalis. He seemed like a smart and calm man, but after his pleasant greeting, the man identified as Neo Mortem placed his hand on Eight's shoulder. Alexander craned his neck to look at the hand on his shoulder, an insult and a sign of disrespect, but this tickled the slaver, unable to restrain a light smile, followed by a restriction. Then he seemed to turn his attention and affection back to the female Fanalis.

Eight was exposed by the both of them without ease, but upon hearing that 'Sara' had been a slave, he knew it was already ingrained in her. It wasn't something one could just escape, Alexander knew this especially well, even with all his strength and speed as a fanali, he wouldn't just escape from his own master, he couldn't. Eight would have to ignore Neo for the moment and turn his attention to Sara as she began to menacingly walk towards the client. The client was giddy to see the Fanalis coming to him, and then he looked to Eight to see if they were together, and after a shake from Eight, the buyer began to tremble in fear. "Sara!" Shouting to get her attention, and he peeled down the collar of his outfit, exposing a brand across his collarbone in the shape of two connected circles. '

"I think you know what this is, Sara. This is how my master marked me, Eight." He finally walked to Sara, attempting to diffuse the situation, if he let his client get hurt, that would sour deals in the future. "I'm merely doing my job, and I'm much happier working. But here you are, believing you are free, but you wake up in the morning and drink away your pain. You'll never escape it." Eights words were cold and cruel, but they were honest from his own perspective. "I've caught an Imuchakk, and it would be great for me to bring back a Fanalis too. Perhaps you could even join us, there's another Fanalis in our camp too." Eight looked over at Neo and lightly grasped Sara's wrists, holding them up, staring into her eyes. "Do SOMETHING with your life, you have the potential."

Alexander had risked his own identity as a slaver to Neo and Sara now, as well as the merchants. He would no longer be able to deal in public so easily because of this, but the opportunity was worth the chance.

View user profile
Adrastos knew he was being ignored by the man, but otherwise shrugged it off. With his tea now in front of him, the magician sipped it gingerly as he watched the scene unfold before him. Sara was already a loose cannon. Part of Adrastos wanted her to clobber the slaver, but perhaps it would have been a waste. Alex had human resources, which Adrastos would not really buy, but perhaps use in some other form. The three of them shared a common past: slavery. Yet unlike the two fanalis in his company, Adrastos felt that he rose beyond the lowly state of servitude long ago. He was, as Alex put it, doing something with his life instead of drinking his life away.

“She’d be wasting whatever potential she has going with you,” the magician said bluntly as his free hand played with strands of silver hair. “Of course… she does have to potential to rip your head off those shoulders.” He stood and placed a pair of glasses on his face. He didn’t need them; the glasses were just for show for when he donned the mask of a doctor. The magician walked over to the merchant and carefully grabbed his hand to inspect the damage. “However, I’d argue against any drastic actions of violence. I can’t heal everything, you know?”

Adrastos pressed his lips firmly in a hard line. Almost all the bones in the hand were broken. Fanalis surely were terrifyingly beautiful creatures. “Don’t move; I’m a doctor,” he instructed as he grabbed his wand. With a small flick of his wrist, he whispered softly to the rukh, commanding them to repair the damage done using life magic. Slowly, the bones repaired and healed. “How’s that feel? Better?”

View user profile
This situation was becoming troublesome, the man's offer was intriguing he may have some knowledge of slavers and may be able to tell her of other Fanalis, she knew her parents were held slaves in this country. She also had a very annoying person that could interfere with her plans, Neo was a questionable person considering she never trusted his motives.

Still, he was not trying to harm her and he did heal the man she had hurt she would bow before him. While he had been busy taking care of the man's arm she had written a note and slid it to Alexander, she had no idea what his name was but she invited him to her room to discuss details in a more private setting.

She had a lot planned this was likely going to be the start of her big rise in power, she was going to become the symbol of hope for slaves, the Fanalis that crushes the slavers in the country of war, she would make her mark in this foul empire and finally earn her place at Lagi side.

She would stand and walk toward the door covering her head with her cloak once more before she would step out. She had no idea if those men were going to fight but she knew Neo would not let anyone attack her from behind so she felt safe to take off. She would not say one word to either of the men as she had left the money for her drink even the one Alexander had paid for, she never accepted things for free because she could not trust such things money made the world move after all.

-Attempted thread Exit-

View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Alexander's eyes widened, it was only then that the fanalis realized Neo Mortems strength. The reason why he didn't seem so strong, he was blessed by the rukh as a magician. Etanhol had told him that a magician could see the color of ones rukh, so there was little point in hiding how he felt about fate to this sage. He was happy that he hadn't attacked at the first sign of conflict, Alexander might have ended up dead or worse. The red-head palmed the note and put it away in a leather pocket.

Taking a deep breath and sucking up his pride, he went over to Neo as Sara left. "Thank you so much, [i]Doctor [/i[Neo," He gave the man his due respect, being a doctor alone was a profession that was admirable, revealing that he was at the very least quite the intelligent man. "If I could ever repay you, you could say I owe you a business favor." Alexander offered Neo a handshake, with a genuine smile as his own interest had been piqued by the stranger. Regardless of the doctors response, Alexander had to return to work. If Neo wanted to wish to speak further, he would give his details voluntarily for another day.

[Exit, barring Neo doesn't completely insult me or try to kill me.]

View user profile
Sara left without a word. Alex could have followed suit, but decided the thank the magician for healing his companion’s hand. Adrastos smiled. “It’s what I do,” he responded. “There’s no need to thank me at all.”

As he sheathed his wand, his face turned thoughtful. “Perhaps if we meet again, I’ll take you up on that business favor.” He took Alex’s hand and shook firmly while placing one hand on his shoulder. “I look forward to that day.”

The magician watched as Alex turned, following Sara’s example. Sara had certainly changed since Adrastos last laid eyes on her, and this Alex was an intriguing fellow as well. He wondered what road the two of them would walk, the one of darkness or light, but hopefully soon there’d be no point in either path. Someday, Fate and Depravity would cease to exist even if this world had to be erased to begin anew. “Ah, how grand that hour will be,” the magician murmured to himself with a tilt of his head.

With nothing more to do at the tavern, Adrastos went his own way.

[EXIT]

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum