Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Job Name: Greedy Bandits
Job Rank: B-tier
Job Location: Kou Empire
Job Rewards: 200 EXP & 15,000 Haung
Job Overview:
A group of rag-tag thieves known as The Vultures have been targeting small, unprotected villages within Kou during the civil war. Anyone who seems like easy pickings are liable to be attacked by their small group, anything of value stripped before they escape to the next town. They will either attack a harmless villager (who will repay you for saving her) or go after your own person (and upon their defeat, you're free to take their money for the trouble).

Enemy:
Enemy Name: Thieves x6
Needed damage to take down: B-tier
Description: Each thief is dressed in black rags and leather, with white bindings around their necks and a red mask of a vulture to protect their identities. They reek of booze, and each one carries a Dao sword or a pair of hook-swords. Their swords deal B-tier damage and they move at C-tier speeds.
Abilities:
Double the Trouble: A thief wielding hook swords rushes at their foe, swinging one sword and then another in an X-pattern. Each swipe is a C-tier attack for a combined total of B-tier damage.
Dancing Bird: A thief with a Dao sword lunges forwards and thrusts his blade, stabbing a foe for C-tier damage before swinging the sword for an additional worth of C-tier damage. Together, the attacks deal B-tier damage.
Coward's Dance: A thief holds his blade(s) in the air as he nimbly jumps out of the way an incoming B-tier attack. He's capable of avoiding multiple strikes that add up to B-tier damage.

Alexander, a Fanalis teen with a slender yet athletic build and flowing, salmon-colored locks that reached to his neck, mildly contained by a headband. He had just left his slaver's caravan, a few miles outside of town. He was wearing his typical gear, clean, white short-sleeve shirt and pants of linen with a sort of leather harness over his body, with several straps, covering his legs and chest, and a small black shawl around his neck over his gear. There was a savage grin on his face, baring all his teeth, with a twinge of animal instinct in his eyes, focused on his closing grip.

Alexander was heading to the coast to acquire passage to Imuchakk, his next destination. He had only recently discovered the race of people from that location and he wanted to see what the captured Imuchakk was true, but he would need to be on his best behavior, especially since he was going alone, except for Mischief, a colony of rats that he had been raising that acted more like dogs than mice. There were well over 50, and they all scurried across each other as they followed behind Alexander eagerly, almost as if he was the leader of the pack.

The journey was definitely not as safe as he would like, this location was known for many thugs that liked to jump the passerbys on this trail for their money, only ambushing those that were fewer in number than themselves to increase their chances, and since it was a longer journey, many of the people at the end of these travels were tired and exhausted, which lead to the prominence of one group in the region ' The Vultures'. Named aptly because they would try to ambush only those that were on the brink, in terms of hunger and thirst.

[304/1500]

Pet:

Image:

[/center]
Name: Mischief
Tier: C
Type: Swarm
Species: Rat
Appearance: A group of 25 rats, 15 cm long and 5 cm wide, with 15 cm long tails, about 1 cm thick.
Beast Traits:

Trait Name: Vermin Snoot
Trait Tier: D
Trait Requirement: Rat Nose
Trait Description: Rats have an above average sense of smell, which allows them to know and find whatever they sniff.
Trait Effect: Can identify and locate everything within a 10M radius via scent.

Trait Name: Whisker Sense
Trait Requirement: Rat Whiskers
Trait Description: Rats have specialized whiskers with blood and nerve endings that aid in sensory functions.
Trait Effect: Can hear and 'see' through their whiskers by sensing vibrations within 10M

Trait Name: Burrow
Trait Requirement: Rat Claws
Trait Description: Rats bodies are adapted to travelling underground for a variety of reasons, such as safety and scavenging.
Trait Effect: The rats can travel underground at D-tier speeds.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile
"Don't worry Ban, the shortcut will be fiiiiine.  Me and my big mouth.  This is the last time i listen to my bravado."  Caelus muttered to himself.  He trudged along the barren path, the sun beating down on his neck, threatening to burn.  He could have saved himself the trouble by just going the long way around.  Granted, it would have taken two more days, but at least then water and shade would not have been an issue.  There was also talk of bandits on the road, and although Caelus was more than sure of himself in a fight, he would first have to not drop dead from the heat and humidity.

Up ahead he spotted a large, lonely tree.  Finally some respite from the sun.  Upon reaching it, he carefully put down his delivery and dropped his gear before slumping against the cool bark of the tree.  The shade was refreshing, and a long swig from his waterskin cooled him down and quenched his thirst.  If there was one feeling in this world that was unlike any other, it was cool water flowing down your parched throat.  Caelus let out a long sigh of relief.  He'd likely stay here for a few minutes before picking back up where he left off.

An odd noise gained his attention as he rested however.  It started out faint, but slowly grew to an almost cacaphony of squeaks, trills, and yelps.  Getting up from his spot, Caelus saw the source, a lone figure walking with what appeared to be a legion of rats and mice behind him.  "By Ilah, what am i witnessing..."  He whispered, carefully observing the man.  One look at his hair told him the man was a fanalis, or at the very least like Caelus himself.  Strong body, but noticably lacking in the more common wiry muscle that most others had.  It was clear that the man was not a fighter himself, or rather that physical combat wasn't his focus.  Gathering his courage, Caelus called out to the traveler and his strange band.  "Hello!  What brings a man with a gaggle of rats to the middle of this barren road?"

WC: 366, 366/1500

View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
On the horizon, Alexander finally caught a glimpse a figure, while the rats were giddy to be outside, now it was time for them to be serious. Alex stood straight like a solider with his heels together, a palm over his brows like a visor to wipe away the sweat and block the sun's light from obscuring his vision. In this pose, he could disguise the signal to his pets, just a soft double tap of his heel against the ground and within seconds the rats straightened out their act. With his rodents, he confidently continued to meet the figure, apprehensive at first, making the assumption that his was a trap by 'The Vultures'. As he closed in, and was able to see the fanalis features on him, but he wasn't the typical frame and archetype of a red lion, so it was likely he was a mix just like him.

The stranger had called out to him and his merry group of mice. He smiled and let down his guard momentarily, being vaguely reminded of Requiem Jinx by his openness. "Mischief." Alex's reply was curt, but it was followed by a smile and a more pleasing tone. "A group of rats is technically called a mischief, and that's all they ever seem to be up to, so that's what I named them. Crouching in a swift motion and scooping one into his palm, he lifted the mouse and offered it to the stranger. During this, the rats gathered around Caelus, perhaps looking for some water and food but they were on their hind legs and their tails swirled about, they seemed to resemble a choir of some sort. And the one in Alexander's hand was fluffing the back of its ears then began to stand and began to sniff Caelus. "They don't bite. Well, unless I tell them to."

Alexander had a few questions for this stranger but he felt quite comfortable with him, perhaps it was his demeanor from the get go, the fact that he was also a fanalis, or could just be completely dehydrated and nearly delusional. "Oh, and my name is..." He didn't want to give his slave name, but to cover up the pause, he cleared his throat. "Aaaahem~ my name is Alexander, and I'm sorry to ask, but do you happen to have any water to spare?"

[698]

View user profile
Caelus received the rat into his hand, and gave the admittedly cute thing a scratch on the top of its head before putting it down with the others. They were remarkably well trained, and seemed to hang on Alexander's every word. Noting the cough, Caelus offered his waterskin. "Here, drink up." He insisted. Caelus had a little extra among his other gear, so he did not mind sharing. "It's nice to have some company out here, but just make sure Mischief stays out of my peaches." He pointed to the burlap sac that was placed gently against the tree. "I don't need another earful from my teacher about missing goods."

"Oh, i don't think that will be a problem."

Caelus whirled and snatched up his blade, his eyes scanning the area to locate the source of the voice. Out from behind the tree approached six men, armed with what appeared to be large scimitars and hook swords.

The men laughed. "After all, what good does yelling at the dead do?" The boss continued.

One of his subordinates spoke up afterwards to say, "Uh, boss, i think it would have sounded cooler to say 'what good is yelling at the dead'."

This got him a swift smack to the head. "We don't pay you to think, idiot." Said another.

This devolved into a shouting match between several members, that lasted for almost half a minute before the boss finally stepped in and shut them up. Caelus looked over to Alexander in disbelief, as if to say "is this really happening?". Finally the group got themselves organized, and turned back around to face the red haired pair again. "Alright, now where were we?"

"We were robbing them, boss. Don't cha remember?" Yao spoke up, before a harsh glare forced him back down.

The boss nearly had smoke coming from his ears, but he forced himself to keep his composure. "Yes Yao, were robbing them. Now what will it be boys? You can leave everything but your skivvies and live, or we can kill you and take it by force. And please, feel free to choose option B, as we've been itching for some fun."

Caelus stared blankly at the group for several seconds. "I don't have time for this vaudeville bullshit." He said as he picked up his gear and luggage. He turned to Alexander. "It was nice meeting you. If you're ever up near the peaks, i'll treat you and Mischief to some peaches from our tree." He didn't give the thieves a second glance as he started to walk away.

WC: 447, 813/1500

View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Alexander was happy to see how the young man handled his pet, and then was still able to offer him some of his own water, something that was worth its weight in gold right about now with no qualms. This opened Alex's eyes a bit, allowing him to see this person as human and not just less than a person, something that he had acquired from his work as a slaver. As he took the waterskin, he noticed how light it was at this point, 'Even like this?' He wonder how he could be so kind and not think completely about himself. Alexander would, in turn, only take the smallest sip to alleviate the worst of his heatstroke symptoms, which were beginning to set in as his face began to match the palette of his Fanalis follicles.

He whistled to his colony of mice to gather at his feet again as some of them were sniffing out the tree to find any goods. 'Training?' He tried to piece together what this stranger was doing all the way out here. But it was interrupted by a crowd of thugs, that tried to surround them. Alex buried his heel into the ground, and his rats would burrow underground within seconds, but they laid still beneath their owner.

Out of his peripheral, he saw the fellow fanalis looking his way, and his expression said it all, 'Look at these idiots.' With that, a soft laugh escaped from the Fanalis' lips but he was quick to cover his mouth as to not bring more attention to the blatant disrespect. While they stooges would rap up their conversation, they began to threaten their lives, which sparked something deeper and instinctual in Alex; excitement.

His friend seemed to be unphased, and even annoyed by it, he said his goodbyes and a nice gesture offer should they ever meet again. However, the boss was steaming, "Let's go at them!" The thieves were a mix of emotions but they knew they had to do this to get some food for themselves and their families. The leader and 2 more went after Caelus, and the remaining three went to go around and surround Alexander.

It was at this time that gave a loud yell to warn the stranger. "HEADS UP PEACHES. THEY AIN'T HAPPY." But just in case the warning wasn't enough, he took a deep breath, and let out a Fanalis shout that froze everyone in place, revealing his race, as as he shouted his mice were sheltered by the layer of ground and then popped out at the paralyzed thieves and his rats, 3 a piece, took nibbles out of their feet.The thieves screamed in pain, shaking and kicking the rats Mischief got into a safe range and hissed and squeaked at the thieves threateningly. Now they were hobbling, not sure what they should do.

[1177]

Fanalis Roar
Specialization: Fanalis Racial
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short(3m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must inhale a deep breath before roaring.
Scaling: AoE
Sustain: -
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: -
Description:

After taking a deep breath, the fanalis lets out a mighty roar to stun and intimidate enemies. The enemy does not suffer any actual paralysis, however, the noise is loud enough to cause pain and will stagger foes using basic actions or lower ranked abilities.

OOC: Rats were burrowed. Fanalis Roar. Rats came out, 3 per thief came out and bit their ankles and below, D-tier damage to feet x3 each.

View user profile
Alerted by Alexander's shout, Caelus put down his backpack and sack of peaches, even as the three bandits surrounded him with swords drawn.  The leader is using hook swords, and the other two are using scimitars.  He noted, taking inventory of his enemy's weapons.  Aside from the blades, they did not appear to be carrying any other weapons or equipment.  Caelus turned to face the leader but when he spoke his tone and demeanor had changed.  "This is your one and only warning.  Its hot, and you've pissed me off.  Back off, or i'll feed you to real vultures."  As he spoke he drew his weapon, Valkyrie, and brought it to bear.  He did not bother to grab his shield from his pack.  He would not need it for these men.  He settled into his Mirror's Edge stance and waited.

The bandit to his right came charging in shouting, "Big talk for a dead man!"  He raised his scimitar for a downward slash.

Caelus sighed.  "Fine.  I'll show you how we deal with thieves in Reim!"  In a flash Valkyrie struck twice, and the thief's sword fell to the ground with his hands still gripping the handle.  A flourish flicked the blood from his blade, and Caelus turned to face the other two bandits as the first fell screaming.

The bandits stared at their companion, whose arms now ended just below his elbows, and fury burned in their eyes.  "I'll kill you for this!" the boss shouted, as he and his partner charged in at once.  The boss swung both his hook swords down in an 'X', for Double the Trouble, and his partner thrust forward with his scimitar using Dancing Bird.  Caelus used a Quickstep to stop the boss' attack by positioning his flunkie between them,  He then used Sideswipe to parry both the thrust and the spinning slash of Dancing Bird before impaling the bandit through the stomach with a thrust of his own.  A swift kick removed the dead man from his blade.  "You rely completely on outnumbering your opponents to make up for your lack of skill.  Your worst matchup is a Gladiator like myself.  I fight impossible odds every time i step into the Colosseum, be it far more experienced fighters, or any number of beasts.  I've seen more brutality in a week than you have in your life.  But you still think yourself BETTER THAN ME!?"  Caelus charged forward, his rage fueling his actions, increasing his strength and speed without clouding his vision.  

He traded a few blows with the boss, causing Valkyrie to ring from the hammer-like blows of steel striking steel.  Caelus set his foot and brought his blade down for a Vicious Cross.  The boss retreated using Cowards Dance, but was not quite quick enough to avoid the entirety of the attack, despite lessening its severity.  A deep but not fatal gash now ran across his chest from shoulder to hip.  He screamed, tumbled over himself, and then ran as fast as he could, abandoning his weapons and what remained of his men.  Caelus let him run.

Looking back, Caelus saw the the first man had succumbed to his injuries, his blood pooled on the dirt road.  The second lie where he fell, likely dead seconds after his attack struck home.  Caelus then looked to Alexander, to make sure he didn't need his assistance.

Abilities:
Mirror's Edge (10 Stamina)
Tier: D
Class: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Mirror's Edge is a Stance.  If Caelus enters another Stance while Mirror's Edge is in effect, Mirror's Edge goes on cooldown.  Mirror's Edge doesn't perform any part of an ability besides mirroring the direction of the strike.  If an ability would perform multiple strikes, Mirror's Edge only mirrors the direction of the final strike.  Mirror's Edge will not mirror Thrusts.  Must be used with a Slashing weapon.
Scaling: N/A
Sustain:  0
Cool Down: 1 Post
Cost: 10 Stamina
Description: Caelus enters the low stance, and keeps a loose grip on his sword.  Each time he makes an attack after entering the stance, he makes an additional attack from the opposite side of the first, dealing the weapons tier in damage.  Mirror's Edge lasts for 2 posts after activation before needing to be sustained, and for 1 posts after each sustain.  (ie: if sustained twice, it would last for a total of 4 posts.)

Quickstep (10 Stamina)
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Rough or hazardous terrain will negatively affect the dash, slowing it down, or at the worst causing it to fail.
Scaling: For every 10 Stamina spent after the initial cost, the distance of the dodge increases by 1 Meter.
Sustain:  N/A
Description: With a quick burst of speed, Caelus dodges an incoming attack or projectile by moving back or to a side 2 Meters.

Sideswipe (30 Stamina)
Type: Defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: Cannot parry intangible attacks, and cannot parry AoE attacks.  Caelus must be able to plant his back foot, absorbing part of the blow before deflecting it.
Scaling: For every 10 Stamina invested, the damage it can parry increases by 1 tier.
Sustain: N/A
Cool Down: 2 Posts
Cost: 20 Stamina
Description: Caelus spins his blade in narrow vertical arcs in front of him, pushing incoming attacks to either side, causing them to pass harmlessly by.  He can Parry up to 1 C tier of attack.

Vicious Cross (10 Stamina)
Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: Caelus must be holding a sword.  Vicious Cross must begin with the sword raised above his head.
Scaling: For every 10 Stamina invested, the damage increases by 1 tier.
Sustain: N/A
Description: Caelus raises his sword high, and brings it down in a diagonal slash across an opponent's chest.  This strike deals D tier damage, causing a skin deep cut and bleeding.  Scaling increases the damage significantly, cleaving through muscle or even bone.

Magoi: 180/180
Stamina: 230/290

WC: 584, 1397/1500

View user profile

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
With a mix of 8's roar and his rats on guard against the trio of Dao-wielding thieves, he felt safe to glance at Caelus to see if he was ready for battle since he had seemed keen on avoiding any conflict. He heard Caelus talk, and then he turned to see Caelus triumph over one of the thieves in a flash. Followed by a quick combination parry, but it was at this time where Eight focused on his end of the battle.

He let out a petering whistle, and his army of rats crawled over each other to reach the thieves to bite and scratch at their enemies, but somehow they each managed to Cowardly Dance their way just out of his rats field of danger. One of the thieves even screamed like a girl as if he had a phobia that urged him even further than his companions.

The Fanalis further used his obscene speed to blaze past his rats and jumped into the air, pouncing on the furthest thief. The coward collapsed under Alex's weight, tripping and falling face first into the ground and laying lifeless. Finally spinning to the remaining two foes, but in his peripheral he caught a bit of Caelus' speech, 'Gladiator?', and then he revealed another part of his beautiful swordsmanship.

As Alexander appreciated the finer things in life, the thieves were in full desperation mode and he went for a move that looked like a Dancing bird. Alexander had taken some rats out of his attire and pitched them at the thief from a distance, which was enough to send him into a full out panic as he abandoned his blade and his last friend. The fanalis charged into the thief as he also performed a dancing bird., this time Alexander wasn't so lucky, he got caught but managed to land a punch on the fellas chin. When he examined himself for wounds, it was less severe than he had anticipated. A rat was skewered against his stomach, and a pool of blood began to seep through his clothing.

Alexander turned to Caelus, simply shaking his head. "You're amazing with a sword..." He was curious as to the name of this person whom he wanted to berate with questions. "My name is Alexander." A name he hadn't used with anyone, voluntarily.

[1500+]
[END]

OOC: Can we continue this for a few posts in a social? You've unlocked quite a few topics for my character. Warrior. Reim. Gladiator.

View user profile
Alexander fought indirectly, more as a commander than an actual combatant. His rats obeyed his every order, and even went towards their own deaths with no hesitation. Granted, they weren't the most intelligent creatures, but Caelus was still impressed with their loyalty. When Alexander did throw a punch, it was backed up with the strength of his Fanalis bloodline. The blow shattered his opponent, creating an audible cracking sound as his bones snapped like twigs. All in all, a good show, if not exactly impressive. Nonetheless Caelus walked back to Alexander and heard his words of praise. "It comes with a lot of practice, and no small amount of necessity. You and Mischief are quite the team as well." He said, nodding with a slight smile. The adrenaline of battle was just starting to wear off, and so his smile likely came across as more forced than he intended.

For whatever reason, Alexander felt the need to introduce himself again. Perhaps he felt they had not yet met as warriors. "In that case, i'm Caelus." He stuck his sword into the ground in order to offer his hand in a shake. "Great to meet you."

Caelus noticed the blood on Alexander's shirt and became concerned. "Oh, you're wounded. I have some salve in my gear, i'll bring it over. Just sit down for a moment." Before he'd be able to protest, Caelus would already be jogging to grab his gear. Once he returned, he'd offer the salve to Alexander along with some bandages.

While he waited for Alexander to treat himself, a few questions popped into Caelus' head. "So, what brings you out this way? I'm delivering peaches, but why would you choose to travel this road instead of taking the long way?"

WC: 303, 1700/1500

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum