Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Job Name: Mining Problems
Job Rank: B-tier
Job Location: The Jade Dragon Mountains
Job Rewards: 200 EXP & 15,000 Haung
Job Overview:
Due to the growing demand for iron and other ore, both Kouvian armies have begun to reopen closed mines within the mountains to gather more material. But, there has been a problem with mining in one specific tunnel, with miners being attacked by mysterious monsters. In order to help, go in and clear out the monsters so mining can resume somewhat safely.

Enemies:
Enemy Name: Young Mine Guardian x3
Needed damage to take down: C
Description: The Mine Guardian is a strange creature that secretes a sticky substance on the outer part of its body. A young Mine Guardian is known to roll about in the rocks of a mine, collecting such rocks on its body. As time passes, these rocks fuse together through the sticky substance and create a hard shell on the outside of the beast. Depending on the age of the Mine Guardian, it could become difficult to fight. Its fists deal C-tier damage.
Abilities:
Double Smash: The Old Mine Guardian raises its hands in the air, slamming them down one after another in order to impart 2 D-Tier damage on its target, possible 1 C-Tier if both strikes hit the same target.
Rock Throw: The Old Mine Guardian picks up a 5 meter large rock and throws it at an opponent, which imparts C-Tier damage if it hits that opponent.

Enemy Name: Old Mine Guardian
Needed damage to take down: B
Description: An older Mine Guardian, easily told by his hulking body. His fists are the size of the average human head that deal B-tier damage when struck. Due to his size, he is extremely slow, with age weakening the sticky substance holding his body together.
Abilities:
Handclap Slam: The Old Mine Guardian claps his hands together with his opponent between the two hands, imparting B-Tier damage to any opponent who was caught within the clap.
Double Smash: The Old Mine Guardian raises its hands in the air, slamming them down one after another in order to impart 2 C-Tier damage on its target.
Rock Throw: The Old Mine Guardian picks up a 5 meter large rock and throws it at an opponent, which imparts B-Tier damage if it hits that opponent.

Alexander wasn't always to strike a deal and just putting more resources into finding more leads, either slaver buyers and sellers or beast traders, simply lead to diminishing returns. While he waited for replies to the 'birds' he sent out, he would put his own ten slaves to work in the mines. He had spent a lot of time in the mines because he felt their was vast potential for income by taking the raw materials and selling it to those who weren't so eager to risk their own lives to get the resources. However, he was vaguely aware of the resentment of the miners who made their living this way.

[111/1500]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

2 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 30/05/18, 09:18 pm

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Alexander had decided to take with him a handful of slaves to the mine, having let them borrow some pickaxes as well as some decent miners equipment. Alexander had brought these slaves here before and had taught them the basics of mining and would give them rewards and punishments, according to their efforts. As slaves they were quite eager to work due to the carrot and stick technique. They followed Alexander into the mines, but now were forced to carry a pair of his mice,and he warned the the mice would be surveiling them. But such a thing wasnt possible, but highly compelling.

[215]

View user profile

3 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 30/05/18, 09:43 pm

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Alexander had made some of his own rats to seek out veins of valuable ores by burrowing into the mines and sniffing and sensing them out, making them extremely useful in this situation. So he lead his slaves to great mining sweet spots and the rats that each slave had would stand right underneath and point to the exact striking spot with their noses with complete dilligence.

Alexander had them all lined up against the wall of the tunnel, there were mining in the tunnel over a stretch of 30 meters, while he wasnt watching them directly, Alex would roam and explore for more mining spots.

[321]

View user profile

4 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 31/05/18, 12:29 am

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
The slaves were left alone with members of his swarm, Mischief, while he continued to explore with the rest of his rat colony. There were some iron nodes, but nothing that would be overwhelmingly valuable, like gold or silver. Iron was useful enough to be sold as a commodity and it sold quick, especially during war time. The rats would split up and keep searching for other sources of metals, taught to them to search for by Alexander, first in their normal setting of their cage and home, and then followed by live runs in the tunnel, where he would reward them for seeking veins that he had already discovered.

[431]

View user profile

5 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 31/05/18, 12:45 am

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
As Eight and Mischief went further into the caves, he heard a noise coming from the tunnels he was just traveling. As he stopped, dead in his tracks, focusing his hearing, he heard a voice. Initially, he believed it was the slaves slacking by having a good time, or perhaps they were arguing, trying to make sure they were all working hard, so they wouldn't get in trouble, but he quickly noticed the voice did not belong to any of his slaves. With that realization, he began to sprint back down the miners tunnel to see just exactly what was happening behind his back.

[535]

View user profile

6 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 31/05/18, 01:00 am

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
Alexander didn't run back with his full speed, but was still back in seconds. There were monsters that were surrounding his slaves. They were afraid, they hadn't been exposed to monsters but they were also afraid of the consequences of leaving without permission, so they just quivered and were yelling for help to be saved. The fur across the rats spines on each of them were furled back with tension. There were three of these monsters that seemingly like rock golems, little spirits that were made from the fallen rocks that were in the cave. As far as Alexander could tell, they weren't quite threatening. One of the mine guardians used a double smash on the closest slave to force the rats out. It had seemed as if the monsters had deemed these beings as a threat, they were quite efficiently draining the ores and leylines of the location.

Alexander was quick to act, by picking up a pair of his rats and throwing them directly at the closest mine golem, and the rats latched on and navigated the rocky skin and they both burrowed into the rock through different crevices to the inside, and bit the monster which instantly killed the monster inside of the craggy body armor. The rats escaped the falling rocks as it collapsed. Alexander couldn't help but smile as he was finally starting to see all the types of uses he could find for the rats in combat and outside of it. Today was definitely a showcase for his new beast.

So he had to protect Mischief, he sprinted to the next monster which tried to punch the fanalis as he approached, but he clashed with a punch of his own. Alexander's punch met the golems fist and the rocks began to crumble under the force until he punched the beast to it's core. Its arm and part of its shoulder and even chest were reduced to rubble as it collapsed to the floor just like the other one. Alex shook his hand as he felt a tinge of pain from colliding against the solid rock, but nothing seemed even broken.

So the final guardian lifted a rock up over its head, almost three times as large as Alexander, and threw it his way. Alexander couldn't really dodge and running back would allow the monster an opportunity to kill some of his rats. He brought his forearms up and he took the full force of the boulder as he walked towards the beast. He wouldn't even waste a shout on this beast, he grabbed some of the rubble from the boulder that had just crashed against him, and gave the golem a taste of its own medicine. He palmed the rock that was as tall as he was, with his nails digging into it to get a solid grip and then speared the rock, as best as he could into the core of the final golem, the force was enough to break apart every single rock from each other. The final golem crumbled before him and his slaves couldn't help but cheer for their master, it was an exciting show and they managed to survive; win-win.

[1060]

View user profile

7 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 31/05/18, 01:02 am

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
The slaves came over to him without their tools and began to talk to him, almost as if a hero, and the look in their eyes were wiped away. It was hard to say exactly what was gone, or maybe something was rekindled inside of them, hope? It filled him with peace, tranquility and pride, but before he could analyze the tender moment any further, there was a loud rumbling, with that one of the slaves screamed there was a cave in, but his rats weren't reacting as if it was a cave in. Mischief gathered against one of the tunnel walls and looked towards the other one.

[1168]

View user profile

8 Re: MINERS VS SLAVES [Job4 Solo] on 31/05/18, 01:15 pm

Eight

A-Tier
A-Tier
With that a big force bursted through the wall, the crumbling rocks his some of the slaves, but whatever emerged through the newly formed tunnel had pinned one of his slaves, and had essentially crushed all of the slaves bones against the tunnel wall as the slave began to cough up blood, which signified the end of his life. The two rats that were on him had jettisoned themselves off, sensing the impending danger. It was only at this point that Alexander was able to truly decipher exactly what was happening, even if he was on guard thanks to his rats reactions.

It seemed like one of the mines guardians just like the three smaller ones he had defeated. This one was considerably larger than the last ones, and just from the way it maneuvered, it was quite sluggish almost as if it were older than the last ones, but also more powerful. The fanalis lunged into to attack, but turned it into a feint as he restrained himself and took a leaping step back.He felt this was another good opportunity to make use of his newest toy, Mischief.

The guardian couldn't even react in time, but it stammered back when it finally realized it was within seconds of its death, but the threat had seemed to enrage the old mine guardian and that rage was directed at Mischief. The golem brought down its hands simultaneously for a double smash. Each large hand, despite relatively slow caught two rats that were unable to either jump, run or burrow away from the attack, splattering them like little packets of ketchup. Which almost made him burst out laughing but he thought about how he'd miss them, and it made it a bit less funny, but he spoke to the rats even if they wouldn't understand exactly, but perhaps they would still be able to interpret. "THERE'S A FRESH CHEESE PLATTER FOR ALL OF YOU IF YOU GUYS CAN TAKE CARE OF THIS GOLEM." His whole body was into it and he point to the creatures core, and within seconds the rats gathered and coordinated a decent attack. There was a mass of rats in front of it, just staying out of its attacks and then a dozen rats descended and burrowed into the monster from every different direction, and as they burrowed, they scratched and wedged themselves, pulling the monster apart.

[1500+]

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum