Searching Out a Slaver [Chain/Zuzu et Lagi]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Smoke from fragrant cigars twisted in an artistic way, forming curls in the bare gloom, casting a faint golden glow upon the tavern interior by candlelight. Along the wall was every hue of amber liquid in their inverted bottles; every vice that Zubaidah had assured herself that she would try. She raised a slender finger to call the server, Huijin, his familiar face turning towards her for only a moment before turning back around after registering who she was.

‘I assume you’re here for something new, tiger? I recently got a whole batch of new spirits for you to try and, hell, they look pretty strong!’ Noting Zubaidah’s raised eyebrow, Huijin laughed warmly, ‘So it wasn’t the alcohol you came here for? What a surprise, I’ve never seen you pass something like this up!’ Sighing, Zubaidah answered him with a slight smile on her face, ‘My, my, lion, I can’t believe you would doubt that I want some drink! However, as I am sure you have surmised, I am here for much more than just some alcohol. Which table have you designated for the wolf?’ Seeing Huijin wave his hand towards a table in the corner, she thanked him and proceeded to sit down and await the arrival of Lagi.

mag/mag | 209/1500 | stam/stam

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 16/02/18, 07:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With the use of a few the dark hand's resources at Zuzu's disposal, it really shouldn't have taken that long for her to figure out what she wanted to do in regards to plotting her revenge and figuring out the best ways to get started. The resources weren't the issue, and she already managed to win Lagi over in regards to her desires, so it was mostly the drive that Zuzu had when it came to following through. Believe it or not, Lagi was also doing some work on the side in order to see if anyone could be spared to lend a hand in work with Zuzu, information gathering was a process that was either paid for or brought about as a favor. In the case of the dark hand, Lagi was already putting together a fighting force comprised of the flaixean moon rabbit that answered his beck and call. It was an army of beasts at Lagi's command, something that Zuzu could appreciate if she needed the extra muscle. With that being said, the rest o the dark hand members could be used for other ventures and assignments that the dark leader could think of.

"Come to think of it, wasn't I supposed to meet Zuzu today? "

Mulling it over in his head, Lagi was indeed correct about the meeting with Zuzu. Apparently, the woman managed to come up with her own lead as to the individuals that were responsible for the transgressions that occurred among her people. Believe it or not, Lagi was actually impressed at the speed that she moved, it made him think that her motivation for information gathering was something to take pride in.

"Better not keep her waiting then. But I do wonder about the information that she found. Surely it can't be that easy, I just hope it's not a trap."

Arriving in his usual garments, Lagi would enter the dark lit tavern and seek out Zuzu from inside. Once he managed to find her, Lagi would sit on the opposite side of the table and fold his arms.

"If you have any bad news for me, maybe you should give that first. "

WC 370/1500

Searching Out a Slaver [Chain/Zuzu et Lagi] CrChE3t

Searching Out a Slaver [Chain/Zuzu et Lagi] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Noticing Lagi’s arrival, Zubaidah bowed her head in recognition of him, a look of reverent loyalty on her face as she listened to his words. Sighing in a melodramatic way, Zubaidah’s playful smile widened as she answered him,

‘Milord, it isn’t exactly that there is ‘bad news’. That would suppose that the situation is out of my control, but that is certainly not the case. I have gathered information on an informant that has definite ties to the group I have been chasing, yet there is one ‘problem’. This man, Biming, is a slave trader whose occupation has allowed him to amass enough money to pay for a force of hired guards. I’m sure by now you have already guessed what the ‘problem’ is; they’re just too many for one of me to take on. So unfortunately, little old me has to call upon someone else who has more power - you, milord.’

Procured from a questionable place, she handed him a folder full of papers that dictated all the information she had gathered so far. More papers than needed spread out on top of the table top as she attempted to explain every detail to Lagi,

‘You see, milord, Biming holds the entire kilometre area to the east of the capital’s outer suburbs. I have once attempted to infiltrate his trailer encampment, but it goes without saying that I was repelled by the hired guards. I advise we approach from further east, rather than by proceeding from the western gate of the capital.’ To illustrate her point, she circled the location with a lead pencil, and added various arrows to indicate possible places and directions of entry. ‘As our goal is simply to retrieve the relevant information, we need not partake in any unnecessary action such as violence, but if you wish to take out your anger upon them, it is fine by me. I usually take a stance of strict pacifism, but these hired guards are not simple mercenaries. They have devoted their entire career to protecting Biming and the atrocious trade that he runs, they are no better than that filth. I’m sure you agree that slavery has no place in a modern progressive world like the one we are in now.’

Her eyes showed a definite passion, her words only serving to only rule herself up even more, and so she slowly breathed back in and out. With her usual playful smile having returned, she took an initial swig of the drink that Huijian had brought over, her smile relaxing in satisfaction as she registered the subtle sweetness of the alcohol. Enjoying another taste, and then another, Zubaidah stood back up from the table and waved back at Lagi seated at the table.

‘I believe that I have filled you in in all the relevant information, milord. So, are you ready to head off to the encampment?’ Pausing to let out a little laugh, she answers her own question, ‘Of course you are ready, it is only I who wouldn’t be.’

mag/mag | word/745 | stam/stam

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hearing about biming made Lagi whistle, this man had a plethora of funds that he amassed through slave trading that's allowed him to afford his own army. This actually pleased Lagi, he wasn't expecting this to be easy, and there was a good chance that this man could have a vault saying around somewhere that has a bit of his savings in regards to the dark hand being able to profit off of this. If not, they could at least find a way to see where the rest of the reserves are in the sense of Biming's currency generation.

"Seems like good news to me. If he's so far on the list, that means that he has other things that he cares about and doesn't only center around the slave trade.  With a possible way of investigating the other ventures that the man has, there is a good chance that we could knock out his ability to recover before hitting the slaves. "

Though, Lagi did have a small smile when Zuzu mentioned using him as the secret weapon that's able to turn things around for her.

"Well, my young and talented apprentice. I'm pretty sure in due time, you'll also achieve the strength that you seek. Who knows, maybe you'll be even stronger than me, a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to believe that I'm here to show you that you can go as far as you want, regardless of what fate has in store. "

Going through a few of the papers, Lagi would multitask as Zuzu would debrief him about her first attempts to get into the building, as well as the relative skill of the guards.

"They sound like a bunch of troublemakers, too bad they have to die."

Putting the paper away, Lagi would then grin at Zuzu.

"The thing about the dark hand is that we always find a way to put our hand in everything. Why stop at the information? We should take as much as we can to either continue to fund our little operation or replace the troublesome leaders that stand in your way. We specialize in that, professional doppelgangers that work for the dark hand.  After getting rid of the guards, we should replace biming with one of ours. The influence that he has may be useful."

Lagi would then get up, fully prepared to start this assignment and give Zuzu a hand.

"Let's get started then.."

WC 789/1500

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
The harsh sound of metal on metal filled the air, sparks flying in all directions from the friction of a clash between two blades, followed up by a sharp breath being released as a blunt edge met with flesh. Flicking her loose purple hair behind her head, Zubaidah withdrew the butt-end of her spear from the collapsed soldier, propping herself up as she stood still and observed the playing field that had opened up. The initial plan had developed from its initial stages, their idea of approaching from the Eastern side of the encampment changing as she formulated a fool-proof method; Lagi would continue with the aforementioned plan, launching an attack on the Eastern side, while Zubaidah entered through the Western gate. By drawing attention to Lagi, Zubaidah would reduce her chance of being found out - a precaution which was not inherently necessary - such that she could effectively pierce even their great defence by the Western gate. Not only had she done exactly that, using Lagi’s distraction to her advantage, their numbers had thinned to such a considerable extent that she could take them out one by one as they patrolled.

Having removed the most recent of her adversaries’ weapons, she carried on down the sparsely defended patrol routes, a cheerful tune in her lips. ‘What a waste of time my plan was,’ A bored look swept over her face as she looked around the encampment, ‘It seems my calculations overestimated the competency of these hired guards. Not even one of them have proved to withstand more than two strikes from Al Lat, an honestly unsatisfactory degree of incompetence. There seems to be no more contenders wishing to face me, perhaps out of fear or perhaps I have quelled every hired guard in this side. Whatever the case, I must meet with Lagi. I am bored with this charade and wish that this would be over with as soon as possible.’

Spear in hand, and a foul temper in mind, she advanced past the various caravans that lay around the site like the pale droppings excreted from a careless bird overhead, paying them no heed - she had no reason to worry about any resistance against her. Her mood trailing behind her, leaving marks in the ground, Zubaidah came across a larger opening in the encampment layout, a marker which she knew meant that they had Biming’s trailer pinned down; for in the middle stood five hired guards that have off a different aura to the other ones she had faced. Ducking into a nearby caravan, a smile leapt onto her face as she analysed their behaviours through the window, their timings, their stature - it seemed these five had worked together before. Glad to finally see some challenge being presented to her, Zubaidah considered defeating them all before Lagi came but, ever constricted by the plans she herself created, she held herself back and decided to wait for Lagi.

mag/mag | word/1237 | stam/stam

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even though Lagi was brought up as the main distraction to take care of the rest of the guards that worked for the target, he ended up taking a lot more of a load than he realized. The entire siege itself kind of started with Lagi calling his reliable partner Orie and using his hearing to listen from within the complex that they were supposed to attack. Due to the fact that Lagi had impeccable hearing and smell, it was actually possible for him to hear the audible whispering from within the building and the small conversations of a few guards changing positions.  One of the best parts about this was the fact that a few of the guards were moving a barrel of explosive black powder to the barracks more towards the back of the building complex.

Lagi listened towards the wheelbarrowing of the black explosive power and then called to orie, the red jewel resting in the upper center of his chest as he focused on the energy. Afterwards, she appeared behind Lagi and started to fire a lightning tractor at the building. The  A rank lightning technique connected with the barrel as it caused a huge explosion, as well as a bit of destruction of the household and a few lives.

"The fire should keep them busy..."

With quite a distraction that Lagi left for them, it was possible that he didn't have to do anything else in regards to taking their mind off other important things. "Time to regroup with Zuzu...."

As Lagi ran on over to the meeting spot, he started to notice ahead of him that a few of the guards were trying to surround and possibly overwhelm Zuzu.

"Can't have that now..."

Taking out a few Kunai, Lagi would throw four of them in the direction of the guards at A rank speeds. Two of them would hit 1 Guard, with two other guards swiping the kunai away with their swords and going to meet with Lagi head on.

Brandishing their weapons,  Guard and [C] decided to take Lagi on together, swinging away in order to attempt to cleave Lagi in two. However, the dark hand member used his Eligan gauntlet and his A rank strength to slap at the swords at A rank speed, essentially slapping the attacks away.  Guard [b] got impatient and decided to be on his brute force, bring the weapon over his head. However, that left him open and with a small smirk, Lagi pounded a hole in the man's chest with his eligan gauntlet's molten fist with A rank strength and A rank speeds.  After obliterating guard , [C] would come up from the sideways in order to try to use [b]Horizontal slash to cut Lagi in two.

"Sneaky...."

Skipping the prep time with his hidden hand technique, Lagi would insert a needle in the arm of the guard [c] at amazing A rank speeds as he tried to attack. Unfortunately for him, the acupuncture would of paralyzed the arm and rendered it useless, causing the guard to stop the attack and drop the sword.

"Don't worry, you won't be needing it anymore."

Picking up the sword, Lagi would cut off the arm of the guard with A rank strength and speed, causing a gushing overflow of blood to spray from the hole.

"Three down..."

WC 1404/1500

used
Spoiler:
[/b][/b]

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Zubaidah spied out a perfect opening for herself as she detected the hired guards show indications of tiring themselves out, sweat droplets forming on their worn cheeks and weary limbs drooping from their exhaustion. Stepping out from behind her makeshift cover of a caravan, Zubaidah dipped the tip of her spear into the dry ground and quickly flicked it in a sharp motion, throwing up loose particles into a [Pehri Barrier]. Using the time that this dusty veil brought to her advantage, Zubaidah decided to ready herself for the oncoming attack by drawing her spear to the side, shifting all her weight to her strong foot as she brought the spear’s heavy tip across her body. Closing her eyes and opening her ears, she was able to grasp that the hired guards were recovering from their momentary lapse of vision and were reforming in order to surround her. Foreseeing their exact path, Zubaidah pressed down on the ground and propelled herself through the dispersing dust with her strong foot towards them, preparing a [Sweeping Strike], her eyes focused on their outlines.

Yet, no assault against her came. Halting her advance, Zubaidah remained stationary in her stance and squinted through the dust and looked closer at the figures she could make out, registering that their voices had raised to shouts. As she did so, the sound of a crushing force hitting soft flesh resounded out across the clearing, accompanied by one of the figures suddenly flying through the air, fully dissipating the dust. Now, with her vision unobstructed, she could see the entire situation that had occurred - a familiar face painted with a sadistic smile brandishing a strange gauntlet stood above the fallen bodies of three hired guards. The face of Lagi, with blood staining his shirt and filling his dilated eyes. His expression chilled her to the core, such a concentration of bloodlust and want gathered on one face, she was unable to conceive what sort of an experience could have formed such a perversion. However, she was interrupted from her thoughts by the shouts of the other two hired guards. Irritated by their unnecessary intrusions, Zubaidah once again drew her feet across the ground into a stable position and brought her spear across the area in front of her in a [Sweeping Strike], all of her rage and shock forcing both offenders who dared raise their weapons against her down to the ground and knocking them out cold. Disregarding their presence as if they had not attacked her a moment ago, Zubaidah’s attention was attracted back to the crimson-dyed Lagi, and wondered to herself,

‘What sort of a monster are you, Jynx?’

mag/mag | word/1675 | stam/stam

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 06/03/18, 05:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Looking at the fact that Zuzu had to d a little less work in order to take care of her targets, Lagi would chuckle a bit. "A bit less of a showoff in the finish of things, but at the very least, you got the job done. However....." Lagi would say this as he casually strolled over to the unconscious guards that Zuzu defeated. Bringing his foot over to one of the guard's neck Lagi would press down his foot on the neck of the unconscious guard with his A rank strength to effectively stomp out and crush the man's windpipe. He did it to both guards before talking to Zuzu again.

"It's better to finish the job and kill your enemies. It's a lesson I had to learn the hard way. Not everyone ends up being a friend or a comrade. At the same time, the lesson is equivalent to continuously touching a hot stove with no protection. How many burns are you willing to experience before you learned? Luckily for you, I have already suffered in your place, so feel free to take my word for it. "

Walking towards the building a little closer to Zuzu, Lagi would look around.

" Biming is still inside.....but let's leave him alive. I need him for something."

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
*Crack.* Saliva and whistling air burst from the mouth of one of the unconscious guards. No, he was certainly no longer just unconscious. That horrific sound was his windpipe being crushed under the weight of a strong leg. Yes, that guard was, without a doubt, dead. *Crack.*

As Lagi withdrew his foot from the crushed neck of a hired guard, Zubaidah resisted the urge to release the contents of her stomach and pushed down the strong acid bile that built up in her throat, managing to disguise her discomfort with some strong words, ‘Milord, of course, how silly of me to forget such an important action! I do hope you’ll forget my lack of intelligence in doing this, I promise this will not happen again.’ Bowing low once in order to consolidate her statement, she cast her eyes to the ground and bit her lower lip, fresh blood spilling into her blood as she tried to contain the still-rising bile. When she felt easy enough to stand up, she looked Lagi in the eye with a playful smile, no sign of her disgusted thoughts showing, ‘Shouldn’t we get moving? That Biming seems to be getting quite restless in his little trailer.’

Once Lagi had turned away and proceeded to Biming’s trailer, Zubaidah’s thoughts began to regroup and process Lagi’s actions, ‘What a violent man. No, that wasn’t exactly just violence. He didn’t even consider the value of that man’s life, it was not about the threat he posed; he just stamped out the life within him because he was used to it… How can I follow such a man who disregards the value of a person’s life? A man whose actions and ideas oppose mine to such a strong degree? What view must I take that would justify this?’
As if the burning rays of dawn had shine upon her mind, her eyes narrowed and lit with a burning hatred. ‘My revenge. That justifies it. He is the key to my vengeance. I need him to fulfill his promise and help me kill those who killed my family.’

As she thought this, a small black bird perched itself on her shoulder and flapped its wings in a perverse glee.

mag/mag | word/2025 | stam/stam

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum