You are not connected. Please login or register

From Different Walks Of Life (Open-Social)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Serevi

Serevi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Page looked out into the water from her spot at the docks of Balbadd and watched as the ship that she had arrived in slowly sailed away. She was glad to be off of the ship, it was old and in poor condition, it looked like it could break at any given moment. Most of the people manning the ship tried to strike up a conversation with her, leaving her with very little time to be alone. It brought her no end of relief to be finally back on dry land, or so to speak. Her lips shifted into a slight frown as she pulled her black hooded cloak over her head, further concealing her burnt face, and around her body, hiding most of her body away. She took a few moments to secure her large wrapped bundle before picking it up in one hand and carrying it like a bag

Shadows concealed the upper half of her face, a trick she had learned from the Torres Merchant Tiel who used it to look intimidating. She used it to hide herself and to avoid having to talk to others. She took to the populated streets of Balbadd, maneuvering her way around clusters of strangers. She was probably bound to find something interesting to do after spending a few days in Balbadd.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

A couple of people bumped into the girl as the ran excitedly toward a large crowd talking to each other. "come on! We are going to miss the magic show!" one kid says to another. The crowd made a loud ooo sound as a tiger made of lightning flies into the air. If she would maker her way threw the brought she would see a wooden stage with an elderly man standing on top of it. In the man's hand was a wicked looking cane or staff. It was clear by look that he was a magician and most likely a talented one at that as he creates several Animals all out of lightning.

Crimson Plague:

Serevi

Serevi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Page grunted as she felt a few people bump into her. She shied away each time, forgoing giving an apology and instead scurrying away even faster. She paused, her interest piqued as she heard a child mention something about a magic show. Always having been an avid admirer of magic, she couldn't help but follow the crowd. She tried to appear smaller than she really was, trying not to touch other people or do anything that would start a conversation. She was uncomfortable being in a crowd but for the sake of seeing a display of magic she would have to endure it.

She couldn't help but stare starry eyed, in both figurative and literal sense, at the sudden tiger made of lightning that passed over the crowd. To her, it was a wondrous display, magic always was a fantastic thing, no matter how many times she would see something, as long as it was magical she would never get tired of it. Her eyes fell upon the elderly man on a wooden stage and she assumed that he was the magician making the animals out of lightning. He was wielding a staff and was on a stage after all, it was safe to assume so.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

From Different Walks Of Life (Open-Social) Rp9kCM2

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The silver haired magician continued to perform magic "tricks". His last trick involved making a bunch of flowers out of the lightning before a lightning bolt strikes down hitting the man cause the crowd to scream and look away. When they looked back the magician was gone. They start to look around to see where the old man went. While they were looking they eventually started to disperse. While the crowd was dispersing the elderly man from the stage walks up to the girl as if out of nowhere. He smiles looking at the young girl intrigued by her star shaped eyes. "Hello there young one. I couldn't help but notice that you seemed to enjoy my show better then most " he would say leaning on his staff.

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t9186-memiors-of-an-old-assassin

Serevi

Serevi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Page could not bring herself to look as a lightning bolt suddenly struck down the magician performing on stage. She did not scream like the crowd had, instead she meekly whimpered. When she looked back, she, along with the rest of the crowd, found that the elderly man was gone with nary a trace of him left. She joined the crowd in looking around for him but to no avail, it seems like whatever the magician did to make himself disappear was very effective. The crowd slowly dispersed as she stared longingly on the stage, wanting to see more fantastical displays of magic.

When the crowd had been thinned enough for her to move freely, she began to move back into the streets of Balbadd. Before she even managed to take a step someone had approached her from the side, seemingly out of nowhere. She adjusted her hood and seemingly shrank down as she recognized the man to be the magician on stage She felt twitchy, anxious, she had the urge to run, to flee to the streets when he began to speak with her. Could this man be trusted?

"Magic is beautiful." She replied. Her eyes, hidden away by the shade provided by her hood, warily glanced at the man, trying to spot anything hidden on his person.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man smiles as he looks at the young one standing in front of him. He could tell that she was anxious, probably doesn't like crowds and such. He could aslo tell that she was probably hesitant to trust him. He couldn't blame her there, he was in fact an assassin, however he meant her no harm and hopes that he can gain her trust.

He nods at her statement smiling softly. "Yes it is. You would be one of the few who believe that. Most see magic as something dangerous, something to be feared, others see it as a weapon to gain what they desire. But yes magic is one of the most beautiful things there are in this world." He would say to the girl. "I am known as Silva by the way."

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I wandered the streets still tired from my arrival in Balbadd. I was not prepared for the sheer heat and humidity of this damn place I walked around pier enjoying the sites and sounds of the ships coming in and leaving walking through the crowds I heard various conversations people haggling and such. However a conversation piqued my interest as I was passing though. They were talking about magic! Perhaps they would know something about that I could use to find my sister. I would walk up to them rather nonchalantly and introduce myself. "Hi I'm Job. I couldn't help but overhear you guys talking about magic I'm a magician too" I said politely "Do you know magic at all?" I would ask interested in their response of the older mage and young archer.

From Different Walks Of Life (Open-Social) Job%20Sigs_zpsckur65tv https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t5462-job-s-vault#28607

Serevi

Serevi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Page had finally gathered enough courage to speak her name, introducing herself to the older magician. However, before she could even begin to open her mouth, another person, a young man this time, had approached them and made her tense up. The first thing she had noticed about him was his hair, she couldn't tell whether it's color was blue or purple, either way, it wasn't a color she didn't see often. But who was she to talk about hair colors that she didn't see often, she had yet to see someone with green hair like hers. 

Page nearly ran away from the two. It was one thing to muster up the courage to talk to one person, talking to two was twice as challenging for her. "Page." She motioned to herself, signifying that it was her name. "Don't know magic." She says, her voice tinge with a nigh undetectable amount of sadness. She took a deep quiet breath and mentally recited a mantra. 'Be professional, I can be professional, professionalism..' She repeated over and over in her head.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man smiles as the girl was about to say something only to stop herself as another young person walked up to the two. He appeared to have bluish hair which Silva found to be interested. Perhaps he was on of the blue haired giants from the island in the North. This was something he would have to look into later.

He smiles as the man describe himself as a fellow magician. He seemed a bit frantic as if he may need help with something. "I am a magician young one. I know a bit about magic." He says and turns to page. "It is a pleasure to meet a beauty such as you Page. You can call me Silva." He would reply to the girl.

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

Though I was admittedly nervous, I tried to talk to them as friendly as possible. "How long have you guys been in this city I'm still new here and I know fog is super common. Its easy to get lost. You know so I guess kind of drifted in your conversation. Still though, its nice to meet new people." I realized that I might be overly forward but I wanted to meet people so that I try to find my sister. "My family are very prominent magicians in Magnostadt" I would say with semi gritted teeth trying to hide my anger and sorrow of the death of my father and the loss of my sister. If I could only find a little lead i would be so happy. I knew that it might be a lost cause but I needed to try. Better yet, if I could get them to be on my side I could make this work for me.

From Different Walks Of Life (Open-Social) Job%20Sigs_zpsckur65tv https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t5462-job-s-vault#28607

Serevi

Serevi
D-Tier
D-Tier

"Okay." Page says curtly, using it as as both a response and a way to shift the topic. She was proud of herself for managing to hold a conversation for more than a few seconds but that was as much as she could muster. Quietly and abruptly she turns around and quickly walks back to the streets of Balbadd, looking around for an inn to stay in. She eventually finds an inn that has a nice view of the surrounding area and decides to use it as her base of operations for a few days before she moves on to a random city.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

He nods listening to the young boy. "I have been here for a couple months and probably panning on staying here for a bit longer do to my business." He says listening to the boy as he mentions that he comes from a respectable family from Magno. However he could since that there was pain in the young man's voice, there was clearly something that he wasn't mentioning and was making the man even more curious. However before he could say anything he hears page speak and then walks off. He wants to keep talking to her but could sense she was nervous to talk and decided to give her space and try to talk to her again another time. "I hope to see you again soon Miss Page!" He would say to the girl as she walks away.

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I watched the archer leave. "Well done," I thought "I scared her off" I couldn't help it though, there was too much emotion in me. I decided to let her go. I don't think that she could help me anyway...whatever. I decided to turn my attention to the older magician who I immediately was interested in. I suspect it was because he was interested in me. I felt the warm ocean wind flow around me. It was warm. it felt good, too good I decided to take a second and think on what i wanted to say before I decided. I decided to cut to the chase, "Do you know of any other magicians here? in fact," I asked in a hushed tone "Have you heard of the story of the Magi?" I decided to ask that question with a glance around me as to make sure anyone unsavoury was not paying attention to us.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

He smiles before looking at the young man. "Don't mind her. She just arrived, I'm sure she is just nervous about being in a new place." He says hoping to make the young man feel a bit better and more relaxed. He shakes his head at the boys question, "I have been here for a bit but I have not seen another magician here until you arrived here. The Palace may have a court magician or two." His eyes widen a bit at the mention of the Magi, what is a Magi?"I do not know of any such thing as a Magi. QPlease tell me what you know?"

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I couldn't be surprised I only just learned about it myself. I appreciated the fact that silva took it upon himself to try to comfort me but I wasn't consoled. "Well, This is still just hearsay, but magi's supposedly amazingly powerful magicians that can do extraordinary things!" I paused thinking about what to say next. Do I tell him about my sister and my theory? It seems so farfetched but I need someone on my side. I decided I would who knows what would happens..."I think its the reason my sister was kidnapped and my father was killed..." As painful as it was I was important to tell someone. "My father was very interested in complex magic and worked with my sister despite her ostensibly not having a ton of magical experience at least compared to the rest of my family." Frankly it doesn't matter, I want to find them and kill them all. "I don't like it when people mess with my family and they will pay for this." I didn't mean to say this but when I did I felt good. I wondered if he would join me. As much as I would have liked a companion helping me, I was fine if he didn't. I just listed to what he would say.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The silver haired mage frowns as he listens to the young wizards story about his family and his sister. He normally wouldn't feel sympathy but the boy was having trouble, plus he could be of use later on. He looks over at the young boy nodding, "I will help you to the best that I can young one. I don't know how I can help since I have no contacts here but I am sending you my support." he would say grinning. He wonders what he could possibly do to help this poor soul out. "So do you have any ideas where your sister could be my young friend?"

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I was definitely glad that I had at least someone on my side to help me destroy this cult or whatever they were tearing my family apart. though I honestly didn't know where to begin "I've heard that there have been lots of kidnappings all around here and even up by where my family lives" I surmised, "I wouldn't be surprised if they had something to do with Rebecca's kidnapping." I scanned the crowd to see if there were any suspicious looking people but I was good at blending it so I would scan the throngs of people selling stuff later. I would tell the old magician "I don't know of any solid leads yet but when I do I'll let you know I'll go scan through the crowd see if I hear anything strange." I would begin to walk away and try to find out who did this and how they were going to pay.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man hears the boy mention about kidnappings in the area and decided that if he was going to help this young boy then he was going to convince this boy to help him as well. He walks after the boy deciding to walk side by side with him and he would speak, "I don't have any hard evidence but from the rumors from the locals here there seems to be a local legend called The Spiders, They seem to be a local boogey man here and everyone seems to believe that hey are behind these disappearances. My goal is to find them and join them for my own reasons. If you are interested I would very much like you to join me in this quest. A group of people that are capable of disappearances like these could know something about your sister, however it will be better if we get on the inside for the information the try to beat it out of them. So what do you say my boy, up for an adventure?" he would ask hoping that the young boy would be interested in helping the old man.

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I looked at the older magician, thinking about my morals. Do I compromise them by joining an underground slaver organization? If I do, it means that I don't have to go searching in an endless, fruitless loop. What does it matter, I want to do anything to find my sister. I want to change everything and I'm ready to waver a little bit if it means that I can avenge my father and find my sister finally. The feeling of reuniting with my sister is way to hard to resist "I'm interested in joining this organization and ...finally find my sister" I wouldn't reveal to him all of my full machinations but I had an unceasing look of determination and angst. But I was ready. I wanted to do something. I wasn't that young kid anymore. I needed more I wanted more and I could do it. "I'm ready whenever you are" I left soon after to get ready I needed to get prepared.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

He smiles seeing the fire of determination and fuel to look for his sister non stop. He liked to see someone so young with a bright fire in him, even if that fire was fueled by revenge, he was a bit worried that the boy may end up turning into depravity and MADNESS so he must keep a close eye on him. He looks at the boy and smiles, "that is something I like to hear, and know I will do anything to help you find her my boy. Try and find the spiders on your on if you can. It will looks suspicious if we show up to join together. Then after you join find me and stick close during jobs if we can." he says then walks off in his own way smiling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum