Julius Plageuis
Sesshomaru
Nahvi
Ariel
Trently
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1[POLL] New Admin of Magi World Empty [POLL] New Admin of Magi World 15/01/18, 01:10 am

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

This post was not made to slander anyone but it was made to just get the idea of what everyone wants. Oh and also I want this post/poll to stay open for about a good few weeks by the way. (3-4 Weeks at-least)

Okay, so here are my personal reasons for why I wish to opt for a new admin below.

• Secrets among admins and moderators being shared outside of the admin and moderator groups when they were never meant to be shared.

• Admin was high on Discord when a new member joined. Also, let me state that she was high on her aunt's medicine.

• Late Solomon Proxy Posts, very late ones.

• Rude words on members shared between admins and moderators, not every moderator but a few.

• Rude words said to members in the Discord DIRECTLY to them.

• Lack of respect for much older members and their opinions.

• The admins have said on many occasions that being admins have been very stressful and that it brings them down very OFTEN. If this is truly the case then it should just be the best for them to step down as admins.

There is much more I can go on about but I do not feel that any more of my reasons are needed. Anyway, I feel that the best option for the admins at the moment are to just step down. If you have an opinion or want to share your thoughts, feel free to make a post. However, nobody has to if they don't want to, they can just put down a vote instead.

Side note also, I would prefer if the admins didn't vote in this.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Due to concerns about the poll being rigged, I have created a new poll which will not allow a user of the same IP address to vote twice or more.
This is for those who would still like to remain anonymous while still placing their opinion in. Although, to be honest, it would be nice if everyone voted for the sake of an accurate data collection.

The following link will take you to the poll: [link]

Important - Read Before Voting
To ensure that nobody can just go and give the link to a friend or vote twice, I've made it so that you need a specific code which is different for everyone. And you should not be able to use the code twice, so again, no worries about asking friends outside of Magi to vote and stuff. However, this does mean you will need to either PM me on the site or DM me on Discord (discord is sunflower, a white dog#9732). I understand this is not perfect anonymous status, but it's the best I can do to ease everyone's fears and allow people to vote anonymously. You do not have to tell me whom you are voting for, just that you want a code.

note: don't worry about me giving people multiple codes, there is also a thing that will detect the same IP and will prevent you from voting twice.

Last edited by Ariel-chan on 15/01/18, 06:45 pm; edited 12 times in total

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

If yes is the favored choice then Diana can step down once the war and dungeon are over, it doesn't need to be IMMEDIATELY.

Plus, I doubt Diana wants to give someone adminship before the war and dungeon are over.

Nahvi

Nahvi
D-Tier
D-Tier

*Warning This post is written as I increasingly got Angrier by what I read. THose easily butt hurt should not read this spoiler*

The Run Down:

Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru
β-Tier
β-Tier

I am against this cause I believe Diana is doing a good job. I had more written up but my phone messed up so here is the summary.

I believe she has done her best with how this event was thrusted into her. I think it is a bit ridiculous to be getting upset about stuff such as being rude. News alert we are people here not God's. Yes here should be professionalism but they should also have fun and be themselves. If we are wanting to remove Diana for being rude the i know several people on here that should be banned for doing the same thing.
I'm not meaning to step on toes but if I do deal with it most of us are adults not children. (No offense to the actual children)

And before I'm done I just want to say I understand the high part and putting it on here but it freaking pissed me off that the part of where she got the drugs was stated. That is none of our freaking business and I think it is pretty low for adding that part just to prove a point

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

In the case of Solomon's posts, that's hardly the admins' faults. That being said, the rest of your points do have some validity.

I'm just going to state my opinion here: I do not hate Diana, nor do I believe she is a bad person at all. And furthermore, I seriously hope she doesn't take this personally. I know that's a tall order, and it's not one I should be requesting considering all things, but even so, I just want to make that request. I do not believe this poll was made as a way to hurt Diana, but rather one whose purpose is to gauge the communities' opinions. True, it may be biased as Trently did state his own personal reasons, but the overall purpose is to evaluate the communities' thoughts and feelings. And you're even welcome to just stay anonymous.

I've always believed that admins should not be eternal. They get tired after awhile and - well... this job is not something that is good for anyone to have for a long time. The toxicity that comes with the job can affect you after awhile. I've seen it and it's affected me too. As a moderator, I had been going on a steady decline towards the land of anger and salt. I hope, since a little discussion I had, I'm improving, but any job with responsibilities is stressful and it takes a toll on you. The job just sucks all the energy out, and once you run out of energy, you have no more use (until you rejuvenate anyway). I hopefully didn't word that in a too terrible way, but my point is, there is a time where you have to take a break. And while I'm not necessarily saying that the time has come for Diana, I am saying that Diana will someday need to determine when enough is enough. Because the community can't run forever on a single battery.

Anyway, I just want to say that the time will come, but I trust Diana to know when that time is.

That being said, if the community truly feels as if the time is near right now, then I implore you, Diana - don't take it personally. Again, I have no right to ask you of this and maybe much of my request is rather selfish, but please don't think anyone hates you. It's not a matter of personal grudges or anything - just a matter of what's best for the community. It's kind of like choosing the right weapon - they're all good weapons, some just fit better for the situation than others.

@Sesshomaru , it's different if a member is being rude. However, admins are supposed to serve the community, and as such, any rude behavior should defintely not be tolerated. That being said, I'm not saying Diana is rude, just that admins are held to a different standard, voiding your point.

@Nahvi , TBH, the problem isn't among the staff. At least not anymore. Sure, at some point - but all those people have been fired due to inactivity/etc...

Also, I'm just going to state one more time - I believe Diana has done a great job and I think she still has time to do more. However, admins are not eternal. Someday, no matter how good of an admin they are, keep in mind how stressful the job is. And honestly, I don't think too many members know just how stressful this job has been for the entire staff team. So anyway, with that in mind maybe you can see where some of the members who want Diana to step down are coming from. It's not all about them not liking her and stuff (and tbh I don't think that even plays a major factor period) - it also has to do with the fact that some of them may believe the job is getting too stressful and are concerned about her wellbeing as well. I am concerned as well by the way. However, I also trust Diana can gauge her own stress levels and know when it has become just too unhealthy, hence a major reason I haven't voted.

Last edited by Ariel-chan on 15/01/18, 03:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

The drugs, the drugs, Its fucking Weed, and it was Legal shit too. Who gives a shit? Trent how about you just leave like you said you were, stop being a little pussy about it man up and stay to your word. IF you want to stay then stay and RP. Is there problems with staff, sure every staff has issues, I feel as though the members here have a lot of power. If I was staff I would have told a few of you already who cry all the time to stfu and leave if you don't like it, well I guess I can say it now too. If you dont like how things are done LEAVE, stop causing Drama and acting like a bitch boy. Oh and if you gunna say how she was high while the member was there in discord, lets add how the new member was loving it! He was having fun with everyone there and especially diana , real talk Diana needed that high because of people like you always at her door with some bullshit.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Pride

Pride
D-Tier
D-Tier

I like reading and being involved.

• Secrets among admins and moderators being shared outside of the admin and moderator groups when they were never meant to be shared.

This is drama. There will be drama wherever you go. People form cliques and they talk shit about each other. That's life. Not a good reason.

• Admin was high on Discord when a new member joined. Also, let me state that she was high on her aunt's medicine.

This is drama. There will be drama wherever you go. This feels more like drama and ammunition from the person requesting the step down. If I got drunk, well whoopdiedoo. But also worries me about the admins health.

• Late Solomon Proxy Posts, very late ones.

Slow activity is always bad. This is somethingg to be considered bymanagement and properly delegated. From what I gather Solomon Proxy is the event posting account.

• Rude words on members shared between admins and moderators, not every moderator but a few.

This is drama. There will be drama wherever you go. Mean Girls Club. I am sure there are members who say shit about mods and admins. It's life, not accepting that is being pretty far from reality. Bringing this whole subject is pretty much the same idea.

• Rude words said to members in the Discord DIRECTLY to them.

This is drama. There will be drama wherever you go. Fuck the members, fuck the mods. People have issues with each other.

• Lack of respect for much older members and their opinions.

This is drama. There will be drama wherever you go.Just because a member is older doesn't mean shit.

• The admins have said on many occasions that being admins have been very stressful and that it brings them down very OFTEN. If this is truly the case then it should just be the best for them to step down as admins.

If Admins are stressed out, they need to reevaluate their position in life. Is it really for the best for their mental health? Is this just another job? Perhaps focusing on external factors could be better.

That being said

TLDR.
The reasons are mostly bullshit drama, three of the reasons make me worry about the administration. One good reason being slow activity.

Edit: In light of Rima's post, I will surrender anonymity.
I voted Yes, but I disagree with most of the reasons. I hope Diana takes care of her mental health.

Last edited by Pride on 15/01/18, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ight, I was just going to sit back and let this run its course. However, It's obvious to me now that people aren't mature enough to be left alone with a poll like this. If you, no, anyone, wants Diana out of the seat of admin, then write something up about it. I respect the anonymous vote, however, it's clear that people are trying to sabotage it by abusing that factor. That's why if you want your opinion heard, then actually speak up about it.

But Rima, what do you mean someone is trying to rig the vote?! : Well, it became quite clear to me last night that this wasn't going to be played fairly. It was shady enough that the "yes" option kicked off so hard, despite the people actually speaking up about it was clearly saying "no" to it. Not only did Trently log into both of his alts after the poll had been placed up, but he also created an entirely new account just to vote on (I have screenshots, the new account has Trently's IP.). Do I have proof that he did in-fact vote on any of his alts, or his newly made account? No, forumotion does not allow you to take a peek into who voted on a poll. In my opinion though, it's pretty damn clear that wasn't him simply creating a new character for fun.

I was going to hold onto that information for a while, well, until I noticed multiple accounts belonging to Azix suddenly logging in + Solomon's Proxy (Thanks, I'm gonna make sure I change the password to that now.) and the poll's "yes" option skyrocketed.

With that being said, this poll will not be taken seriously by me. The posts on this thread will be, but not the votes. It honestly hurts me to see that people have to resort to such petty tactics, but hey, I guess that's just life.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I voted using Noir's account

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

IMPORTANT

I would also like to put my foot down on this whole thing. It's fine to express your opinions on the matter, because that's what's needed on a thread like this. Opinions. That's all. What I mean by this, is that I will no longer be tolerating the horrible personal insults that's been getting thrown around like nothing. It's fine if you're upset and want to voice your concern, but do not make it a personal assault against someone else on the site.

If I see anymore of this behavior after this is posted, I will immediately add a strike to your account. End of story. I'm not trying to restrict what people have to say, because all I want at the end of the day is for us talk this out, peacefully.

Sara Mcdonald

Sara Mcdonald
C-Tier
C-Tier

I may not have been active for most of the past three-plus years here but I have seen many staffs and this one is doing just fine, you think the admin posts slow now, in the past you had to wait weeks sometimes if not longer to get one post for an event. The site has actual activity now and before someone says oh it was more active before I can say for certain no this is about as active as I have ever seen. Diana as far as I can tell has been pushing the site forward and considering she was handed quite a mess I think is doing a fantastic job.

Bringing up her being high as you say what does that have to do with anything are we PBS now, I really do not think so and as that did not affect the site in a negative way. It should not be brought up unless you want people throwing around your personal stuff in a thread.

I personally feel we do not need another admin, one this will only slow things down as they would have to try to argue and agree on things. I have found sites with fewer admins run a lot better as fewer factions ooc form and they can streamline something in one direction instead of them stepping on each others toes slowing down the process. So my answer is a resounding NO to a new admin.

Nahvi

Nahvi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Yes Mama Rima! TT-TT

Moving onto that to what @Rima Said I'm glad she brought that up. Why the hell.... who the hell would use multiple accounts just to stop someone from staying. IF YOU WANT ME TO USE ALL THREE OF MY ACCOUNTS TO VOTE NO I WILL. NOW IT'S SIMPLY BEING UNFAIR WHICH IS NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT!

What this was about, was the personal attack you made on Diana! As Angry as I am, I will forgive you! Not for you but for me, however Trent Realize you have broken ties with ALOT of good people on this site.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I vote no, not because I want to join in on the trently hating train, no, fuck that, Trent has every reason to be upset about some things. Other people are upset at times, and aren't as vocal. I will not attack his character, and neither should  you, or attack Diana's. For my own purposes to make this fair, that's what I will do.

Admin was high on discord.

I'm not going to touch this at all, I never smoke but I have my little beer every now and again. grown folks will do grown folks things, will they TALK ABOUT IT OPENLY? That's another conversation at another time because when you air out your business, you open yourself to criticism. Should you be? No, but it happens anyway.

Moving on, the proxy posts are a result of plenty of things that aren't done on the site.  The faction shop isn't done, the omega tier shop got it's first update in about a year or two,  we hired a bunch of new people, with some I know they are really good at their jobs. We are going through some changes and handling a plot that was passed off by a guy who isn't with us right now.  The benefit of the doubt is that Diana was set up to fail, because this war plot and the way it's been rolling has been going on for about a year and a few months now. It's not a good start, she got the Obama start.

We are telling her to fix the country mess, a mess she didn't make.  It's ok to have expectations, but lets put that there.

Secrets? I really don't know any, I remember a conversation I tried to have with trent about the dungeon but I didn't expect much.  Did I beg him? No,  he told me that the dungeon was cool and I guess from the info he "did" know, that's why he was so into it.  It's information he knew as a mod, that's fair, the benefit of the doubt here is that he didn't break and gave me nothing, no sort of information whatsoever.  It's the plethora of miscommunication and the assumption that Jahan was hired to cover up a slipup that brought us to this point, the idea of favoritism.

I think that's one of the reasons why we are really here, I mean, let's talk about what it's really about.

And for a disclaimer, yes, I and Jahan got into it plenty of times, but I will keep to my word that I made peace with this man and I decided that it's better to look at the facts and keep a level head about what's going on.

Yes Jahan, she likes you.  You have a gift, the ear of a person who can decide how things run.  That's just the way it is, I already understand that. No need to take offense, I didn't say anything other than that in regards to your good friendship with her.  There are also small shots that vood takes sometimes which you (granted sarcastically) say his stale-dated plot is going to take a few more months to go through and vood says you have Diana "under your control". Or staff,  either way, that's an accusation that went over everyone's head.

But people are afraid of that dick.

They don't want to take the dick in fear of the relationship you had with staff before being staff yourself, they don't want to be fucked with and think their voices might get drowned out.  That's what I think this is about, secrets being shared because of probable favoritisms.

(No, i couldn't have put it in a better way)

So,

Whatever, yall can be friends, it's cool, there is no rule that says you can't have better friendships with some people.  I would just want you to be more impartial about the choices that you make while looking at the facts as, not only a prominent member of the site, but as staff,  one of the wheels that keeps the site moving.

I spoke to you briefly on discord, I mentioned the announcement, you directed me here and kept a classy exterior about it.

Rude words huh? Well,  staff made the vent thread in order for us to just basically keep overly aggressive disagreements out of the main chat. It has worked to a degree, and we should continue to let it do its job.

Make a disclaimer in the code of conduct for the site regarding the vent threads regarding two or more people going at each other in terms of a disagreement, it'll be easy.

No family, no personal illness or disabilities, no death threats

Other than that, say whatever the fuck you want that's what the room is for, to vent with some form of limitations.  Whatever that's said, can be said personally to someone or a group personally off-site or said in that room. It can even be vague, but we should start to learn to keep it in vent if it gets nasty in the main chat.

Can't they follow that? Dock the bar.

About stressful adminship,  just read Ariel's post.

About the disrespect to older members, and not listening to their advice? I mean, you don't have to listen to me, but i'm not expecting to be disrespected. I made some suggestions, and some systems actually made it.

The country founding system is now polished, but the beta was a suggestion i made to noah that simply came up as real estate

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t803-real-estate

If you ask any of the old big three, I am responsible for the ability vouchers, even Duq has to admit that.

What I started gave birth to the omega tier shop - https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3224-huang-bonus-for-omega-tier-characters

I'm not saying you should kiss my ass or listen to everything that I have to say,  but looking beyond what people say can give birth to many great things we can enjoy today.  You should also use us to learn about thing that has happened in the past and maybe didn't go over so well, it's the best reference in regards to the past to mistakes aren't made. Use us in that regard, Diana already did in regards to the relationship of reim and kou, got to give her that.  Sometimes people ask me about Reim and I know things off the top of my head because I done so much for the country, even made missions for it.

The site move? Tried it - https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t1300-poll-move-the-forum

We have it an honest try and due to some elements surrounding it,  it didn't go over too well.  There is a site and everything.

Now that you know about you can gather the other members involved and ask "why". See what I mean? It can be a strong asset if applied directly.

I'll abstain from voting for the time being because I want to hear what everyone else has to say.  I said I'll vote no,  but voter fraud had discouraged me from using the system, and because of this voter fraud, WE ALL NOW HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO SAY SOMETHING ON THE THREAD.  So for now, I won't vote, because I still want to give Diana the benefit of the doubt.  

However, know this. If we get a new admin, we need to train them, at the complete discretion of Diana and co as to how that training goes. Teach them the systems, a crash course on all of the plots.  Who has something big going on, whose getting there.

The way Yak taught Diana, Diana has to teach someone else for ANOTHER SIX MONTHS. Do you understand that? And that's after finding someone worth teaching.

And you'll never know Jahan, if she went that route and applications started rolling in, there might be someone with site running experience right under our noses.

The site can't handle another overhaul. The systems can change again, the plots can change, and maybe it won't be a vote, maybe they'll just do it.

What then?

But for now, I said my peace, I tried to be as impartial as humanly possible.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Before this continues any further, I'd like to state that many of you may not know exactly what Trently is talking about with some of his points. Not all of you have the entire picture. I probably don't either considering all those conversations that are probably held in DMs lol.

But anyway, I'm just going to say that this thread was posted far too early during a time where the general public does not have access to all the information. I can say that only a few members here I can truly trust to make an informed decision. Not because I don't trust ya'll guys overall, but just the fact that things aren't always released to the general public.

Honestly, though, I don't even trust myself to be able to make an informed decision XD. Hello, my Paranoia.

Also, one more thing. This thread is not meant to target Diana as a person. This thread is concerning the adminship. And since it concerns the adminship, do keep in mind that admins are held to a different standard than regular ol' people. Yes, it is true they too are people, but nonetheless, as people of position, there is a higher standard. Just...I'm begging you guys, I don't care what side you vote for but vote because it is for the benefit of the community, not because you like/dislike Diana personally. And I'm not trying to imply that people are being purposefully biased here although let's face it, everyone is biased, including me but I am seeing some personal feelings slip in. So, um... Praying this won't blow up in my face.

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

Please take a look at Ariel's new poll and vote on that, thank you.

Now about what I said about her being high on her aunt's meds, she put that out HERSELF, not even me. I honest to god don't even care too much at the moment for what I SAID in regards to why I want her to step down.

Say what you want, I'm not going to read a whole damn post of crap about me, I don't want to get into that cause I don't care.

I don't know if someone began rigging the poll or what but I hope not, the last thing we need is that cause it would go against whatever Magi World wants.

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

Nvm, it seems people want to rig the votes now on BOTH ends, I'm sure of that. Somebody voted on Solomon's Proxy and I'm almost sure that it was probably a moderator or admin but anyways, this post was just a last shot kind of deal to see if we could get a new admin but guess not.

I only voted on Trent and I wanted to vote on Giorgo and Kurosu but I decided against it.

Anyway, I suppose this is my last post, I hope and pray.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Apparently this poll was closed before I could even get home to put my two cents in. If its due to repeat poll rigging there is an easy fix. Only count the votes of people who post stating their vote. Anonymity in cases like this only serves those who don't want to be honest with everyone about how they feel.

That being said, I feel this poll was long over due, albeit it was put up for a lot of the wrong reasons. If the poll ever gets put back up, I'd vote yes. There are a few critical points as to why.

• Diana doesn't know the systems. She has admitted this publicly multiple times. I've offered to teach her the systems on multiple occasions as well, DM me if you need screenshots to prove it. However, she has shown no interest in actually spending the time and effort to do any sort of run down or crash course of the systems with me.

• Diana has shown that she doesn't care about the established characters that existed in Magi before she took power. I say "characters" but to be honest there is only one example I can point out with confidence. However, this NPC is very central to the civil war, so diverging from his original characterization was a big deal to me. The character in question is of course, Yoshiro.

It's no secret that Diana loves Yoshiro and that alone is fine. But he was supposed to be an idealistic ruler who was smart, but too naive and untrained to really know how to rule or see the unintended consequences of his actions. He was so low in the line of succession that he was never taught how to rule or manage the economy and military matters of state.

(It's possible some of my own bias warped the above description a bit, but the bits about him being naive and never groomed for royalty came straight from Ari's mouth and she was the primary creator behind Yoshiro. Once again, DM me if you need proof.)

Instead, Diana has him act like a steady, confident, emperor who is every bit his father's equal. Instead of being an idealist to a fault as he is supposed to be, he's just sort of the benevolent emperor who never makes mistakes and is always right.

A strong character central to the event plot who had depth and personality just sort of got turned into a gary stu because the admin is a big fan of him. Some might argue that I have no room to talk because I revived Gao whom Azix went to great lengths to kill in order to put Yoshiro on the throne.

In case anyone doesn't know, Gao's revival was done because his death was a plot hole that didn't make sense. The guy was being backed by The Contractor. A super magi NPC that is literally the most powerful being in Magi World aside from Ugo and Il Illah. Gao had been supplied DMVs and magic tools for the first invasion of Reim. During the second invasion of Reim, he used a magic bow imbued with curse magic. This man should have been a raid-level boss. But instead he was one-shot without a real battle ever taking place. The only way that makes sense is if the "Gao" Azix and Yoshiro killed was not the real Gao.

• Diana has either been duplicitous or actively avoided asking for refreshers. I have lurked the discord chat and searched all references of Duq, Yaku, etc. There have been numerous occasions in which she has claimed publicly that I never explained x, y, or z to her. Examples would be the Demi-Djinn and its purpose, Lagi's Dark Hand plot and how it tied into the civil war. How the civil war was supposed to play out. Why Gao was revived. I don't feel like excavating the archives to find every case, but I believe there are at least three more instances of this.

If I had truly never explained these things to her then I wouldn't have room to talk. But I did and I can provide screenshots to prove it. DM me if needed.

• Diana is emotionally fragile. I wish this wasn't an "issue" but for an admin it is. She does not respond well to negative criticism and has thin skin. There have been times where she has shut down as a staff member entirely for one to two weeks at a time as a result of emotional breaks leaving Rima to pick up the slack.

As admin you can't please everyone and you need to handle having salt thrown at you. I haven't been around for a while at this point so maybe she's gotten tougher since? If so, ignore this point. If not, consider the uncertainty behind an Admin who is unable to handle negative criticism with a calm and collected mind.

• Activity. Diana almost always seems to be on and that's great. But I know that at least in the case of Noir, there have been month long+ waits for solomon's proxy posts. I've also seen that the battle posts were delayed many times. It's one thing for a member to put a thread on hiatus and then come back in a few weeks. But for staff that is unacceptable.

I saw someone mention that it's not a big deal. That's absurd. Staff is supposed to post within 48 hours(or whatever the going time set for a given event is.) and that is a guarantee to the players. Not meeting that goal occasionally isn't a big deal. But missing it regularly and by large margins is unacceptable.

Not being able to commit the time to meet those requirements is a big part of why I stepped down from Adminship in the first place. Naturally, I feel Diana should also step down upon finding that she is also unable to keep up with that pace. Yes, plot mods are supposed to help out and it doesn't all lay at Diana's feet. However as Admin, it's her responsibility to step up and fill in when the plot mods fail to deliver on time so it still comes back to her in the long run.

Despite all the points above, when Diana was just a member and not admin, she was among the best and brightest of our members. That is why she was able to get the vote for admin in the first place. As a good writer and a fun personality in the chat, she is a great addition to any forum's population.

I sincerely hope that the results of this poll don't drive Diana away from Magi World. I know she'd be missed and would leave a void that could never really be filled. I hope Diana will stay and continue to be a part of this community that I know she loves.

Alas, being a good member doesn't make one a good admin. In my humble opinion, Diana just isn't ready to hold the power and responsibility that comes with the position. I don't know who should replace her. But I do think that it's time to give someone else a try.

P.S. I'm not coming back. Not as a member or to reclaim adminship. So I'm not trying to usurp the throne for myself. I've already been admin of Magi World. Twice. I couldn't maintain it either time. I sincerely think new blood would be best.

Nahvi

Nahvi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Despite this The RP parts of that Duquin I respect you a lot but Honestly you should have finished what you started. I actually had fun with the way she did things! So what if she didnt follow the way Gao was supposed to be rp'd Gao was supposed to be dead and stay dead from what I heard anyways.

Regardless isn't having fun what we should really be focusing on with the event instead of the way characters are supposed to be played by how YOU wrote them! You can't expect her to play characters YOU wrote perfectly. She's trying to be honest. =3=

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

@Nahvi: To be honest, Duquin didnt write/make Gao and Yoshiro. He, too, was continuing the legacy of previous admin on how he should write them (like basically how they will act or behave). Not only that, yes, in Ari's era, Gao was supposed to be dead. But like Duquin said, he thought it didnt make any sense and decided to revive him for the sake of "repairing" the world plot. I do agree that he should have finish what he started, however I came to understand why he decided to hand it over to current admin and gave her full authority on what she can do to finish the event without harming how Gao and Yoshi were originally made, if that makes sense.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

With everything being said, for a new member here is what I see, I see a woman who was voted into position she took because she didn't want to let people down, she stays admin because she doesn't want to let us down, but because of her want to not let us down, she's letting us down. Meaning she's stressed her self so much she is unable to perform all her duties well. Now, do I think she's doing everything she is capable of doing? Yes, do I think Rima is helping as much as Rima can? Sure, but I seen first hand people offer to lighten the load of staff only to be told because Diana's OCD to ensure it's done right. She's also said she doesn't want to be admin anymore, she wanted to step down just a few weeks ago. She also has been doing this for about a year, and by now she should have learned the systems, and have things moving forwards how she sees fit. The admin team has removed staff members for reasons many dont think were just, Trent was fired for disagreeing, this alone is cause for concern though I don't know the extent of the affair because every time he'd talk about it he would be forced to be silent. Other members agree that perhaps the Admins just want people who are yes men under them. That would be dangerous and lead to the death of the site. The people have the power, the staff tunes the site to a fair version of what they want. I also have seen Diana do this, though she admitted she waited to do so because she was tired of people asking her to do it. Time and time again she has said she knows she has work to do but doesn't do it simply because she doesn't want to. Now, since I join I have seen diana put herself in the position to be helpful to new members, she always answer questions, and sometime even admits she isn't sure of the answer which is honest and GOOD she admits this. She has a kind heart so she is fair, she really does care about the site and members. I praise he work she's done and I under stand she was placed in a hard spot but it's been a year. I don't agree this is the time for talks of a new admin, however its been brought up so instead of dealing with this again after the event in kou and the Dungeon I suggest we hold another vote for admin. I propose Diana stay until her plot stuff is seen through then place the new admin in place if Votes go towards a new admin. Things might actually just let Diana remain admin, though I think this will cause a bit more tension to rise I think it needs to be done, I know there a few who wanted a vote to come but like me wished for it to come at a later date, but we are here already so lets get it over with so we dont rip the ban-aid off before the swore heals. Diana, I think you have done a good job, but I honestly don't think you have the emotional shield to disappoint anyone, as an admin you will never make everyone happy thus you will always feel like you let someone down. Everyone can take this how they wish, but honestly this is how I feel and have felt the entire time I been on site. I'm certain some of you have things to counter this post, but it won't change my mind I assure you.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I don't have much to counter, Knux. I agree mostly with you.

These are all things I've seen as well, Knux. I seriously wish this had not been posted now. For the past year, Diana has been stuck with a plot that was never her own. Nonetheless, because she's been doing this event for the entire year, I for one believe she should see it to the end. Furthermore, I feel like a lot of the systems she's had in mind she has never been able to accomplish because the main priority was this event. I for one am curious to see how Diana would function under a new 'era' so to speak of Magi. This event is still very much something of Yaku's reign. I personally would like to see a forum under Diana's legacy, if that makes any sense. Only then do we have all the pieces to actually judge Diana. Even now the picture is incomplete.

That being said, I still stand by my opinion that only Diana herself has the right to decide when this job is too stressful - when she needs to step down for her own sake.

Furthermore, we have the issue of who will take up adminship. The prospective candidates in my mind are all people half the site would revolt over.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I just want to state that if I get voted out: I am not staying as admin for as long as you all want me to.

While my reasoning may be selfish, it can be another thing you all can hate me for. However, this is humiliating in and around itself. If you all want me out and a new admin in my position this bad, I'm just going to step down immediately.

Since there are other dungeons done, I would rather not do mine especially because of the stigma behind it that lead up to this thread.

I will try to help the new admin as best as I can and send them over to Duquin for advice when needed. That was something I refused and did not do for a multitude of wrong reasons when I was a younger admin.

The plot is already laid out and coming to a close. Whatever happens after the dungeon is not and will not be planned until we see the outcome. So, dropping a new admin into this situation is not the most horrible thing. All they need to do is gather a few DMs for Battle 4. Then get two DMs for Yoshiro and Gao in the dungeon. If they want to do it that way, of course.

But like I said, as selfish as it may be, if I'm voted out, I will respect those votes and step down as soon as possible. I will set up a thread for elections, let everyone pitch, then we'll all vote for a new admin. This will probably take weeks so you'll be stuck with me for that long. But I don't want to stay if the majority does not want me here.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So I wanted to give my 2 cents as a number of things have gone around now, be it from Jaja mentioning me by name or it being mentioned that something like this was due to happen in the coming months.

I feel that owe’s reasoning - after a discussion with a mixture of members new and old, we discussed if challenging Diana’s adminship would be fair and correct at this time - we decided it would be worth seeing how Diana was after the civil war and dungeon as admin as it would be truly her age as admin after that.

Why have I been feeling this way - Since the wish to change over the site, my doubts about the current team has led me to question if the leadership is correct for the site. As part of the admin election we banded together to push an old admin off the site elections to prevent them from doing the equivalent of destroying the world. I suggested heavily my doubts in Sara as she was part of the original team and was my Dungeon DM when I rage quit the site back in the day.
In addition to hearing that a number of my old time friends on this site were being pushed further towards quitting and at least one member of staff openly saying that old players if they don’t want to follow should quit or bugger off was a straight up travesty.
_____
Now going into player conduct here:
I feel many of the players on both the site and the discord have been acting out of order. Consider the fact we are a PG13 site, while most of us are not youths we have to consider their may be members that are or could be and the sheer language and targeted attacks some people involve themselves in is completely out of order.
______
As a player and a previous Admin Candidate, I do honestly feel that I made a mistake at this current time in who to put my support behind for becoming admin.

I feel that at the time, I neglected the possibility of someone that was more emotional and very in-touch with the community and people to have issues which that have stated regarding their own emotional/mental standpoint.

As such I felt that much of what we discussed at that time has been failed. We have been on the downturn/minimal standing of our membership. Having made no effort to make QoL changes to make starting members lives easier or giving them options to learn our systems. Which we discussed at the time of the admin election.

Other Ideas and Plans we discussed as something we wanted to do (and why i came onto staff) ended up being culled or pushed out. Once the current admin team began working on many systems themselves and the tendency to avoid wanting to look at other peoples work unless it was posted to the suggestion forums.

Regularly during my time, Communication other than the occasional discord text chat post was non-existent getting DM replies to queries was rare if not impossible.

Morale was pushed to rock bottom and I was actively having to ask people to push on saying it would all clear out. In the end I was sacked alongside a chunk of the team for “lack of activity”.

You may say that is drama… but honestly, can you not see the doubt’s that a number of us have in their leadership. I myself offered Diana training in my area of training which is Management and Team Leading but nothing ever happened or was requested.

I feel that we need an admin team with greater communication abilities. However, I think the current team should still be involved if they wish to. As previous I have spoken with Jaja regarding that something like this was going to happen in a number of months time. So it's not like these thoughts were exactly hidden.

A communication failure I would example - was the cancellation/removal of my pending plot arc for household - While It was meant to be active it was removed. A claim was made that it was thought to be abandoned after adra’s removal. However, there was statements and points to the opposite of this and the response that I was made to feel was that It should be reposted and that they didn’t want to deal with my challenge about lack of communication and other queries regarding how this affected my “position” in a plot queue etc.
______
Furthermore, since the war has continued for so long - I decided to do a deeper reading into to the background of Kou to give myself a better understanding as most of the conversations I had with player concerned it. This is why I brought up that even with Players - Yoshiro should be struggling which would be why he might make use of Reim’s high ranking (general’s like merrze (military wise)) and Yaku himself goes into exactly what I was mentioning myself not to long ago. Now we have the problem that It wasn’t accounted for and likely Gao will be killed in the dungeon.

I have felt that we have started to slip away from Plot or Player Actions having any consequences or reactions from the world. While I understand player’s wanting to do these secret secret evil things - they have to consider how hard it is. In addition we don’t account for how the players spread among good and evil (its not just ruhk colour) Which is why I have recently been a strong pusher for having forces equalized by DMing NPC’s in to balance things out.

(I do agree with Yaku that Gao’s death could have well been a body double, he was quite weak in a sense as well as you could argue he would have other tricks up his sleeves)
______
Sadly, this has come a number of months earlier than intended which I feel is a bit of a negative for the player base.
However, as such we have to roll with the punches and thusly I am sure me alongside a handful of others will likely put themselves forward for adminship.

As such below I will include a short idea of what my intentions will be:

To increase our staff base - Sectioning it into primary roles - Community, Plot, Creation and Design. As well as generic or unique staff roles for those that look at more specialist roles.

I intend to treat it my staff as if they were workers - for this reason i’d rather have more staff. This means people can take breaks and i’d rather people have less to do than more to do. This would be intended to keep staff stress down and to allow people to play their own characters.

As such it's my intention to drive heavy communication within the team. Having regular meetings with minutes being taken for those that can’t attend. This way staff members can speak about their ideas or grievances or bring up community issues/points for us to deal with and set plans of action.

Furthermore, I would personally want to look at a way to make the world more living through working as a team to develop a way to reward players for their plot over event chasing. In addition I would look to having the plot team built up of writers and world reaction members. (World Reaction would focus on how countries or the world react to how the players progress their actions and how they go about things. In addition I would look to balance hardness based on how many major big bads or major big goods we have)

Regarding Staff, I would like to keep existing staff on a team if they would be interested as well as putting out an open offer to any interested members and to any members/staff of old.

Plot wise - I would look to have major arc’s that may interact with the underarc’s which would be from the country itself. This way players can involve themselves in their nations or mercenary work in nations as well as focusing on playing a character as they had first wrote them.

I would have a number of personal ideas - but likewise I would expect it to go through discussions to decide if it was an idea worth while.

Though If people would like me to go deeper into what I would want to do, I would be more than happy to. I feel that I would be a less emotional state as well as an option more experienced in management.

___
Any questions or further details feel free to ask and If you wish feel free to call me the devil or whatever. However, I intend to look at what I believe is best for the site going forwards and to break free of the stagnation we have reached. Which is why i'd rather it have been later but I have no choice other than to act now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum