You are not connected. Please login or register

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] 2d3df2775bd116817dcb4661b2f57f33--spooky-house-halloween-haunted-houses

Nestled in one of the forests of Kou was an abandoned mansion by a lake. It was in the center of five towns: Wen Yasu, Jian, Shiori, Makoto, and Yin Shui. Still, it was isolated and not many people dared to venture here due to silly superstitions and fairy tales. Anyone who did was dealt with immediately since Adrastos had been using it as his base of operations during most of his time in Kou.

Adrastos sat in a chair at the end of a dimly lit obsidian room. His left hand tapped against the skull at the end of the armrest. The skull had belonged to a fanalis of some sort. She was  sick with an incurable disease and yet her family thought she could be saved. When she didn’t, they wanted her to be cremated. Adrastos gave the family her ashes, but kept the head for himself to add to his collection of bones which he used to create his throne. Each bone had a story and all races were used in the construction. As he sat there with his right foot placed atop his knee and his face nestled within his right palm, the magician recalled the story of each bone. He was bored, in need of some entertainment or something to do. As if on cue, Nox entered. He was carrying a couple of scrolls.

“What’s do you have?” Nox stopped a few feet from the stairs and nodded, his version of a bow. “Your control of Balbadd is still secure, but we’ve heard some disturbing news from Kenji stationed in Heliohapt. He’s observed another organization being quite active as of late. There’s not too much known about them other than they seem widespread, but they seem focused on the desert country. Their influence seems to be pushing the Alchemists out or are preparing to do so.”

Adrastos narrowed his eyes. “How long?”

“Uncertain.”

The magician clenched the skull of the fanalis on the end of the arm rest. He inhaled slowly and closed his eyes, opening them again only when he exhaled. The clenched hand relaxed. This was not something he needed to hear. “I’m assuming there’s no word on whether or not the Brotherhood will be involved.” Nox shook his head. Adrastos wondered how an organization could simply invade and overwhelm The Alchemists. Granted, the rumors of them being helped by the Brotherhood of Ash were still just rumors, but what about the Shrouded Isle? There were two men there who wore the Brotherhood emblem on the back of their gloves. He got into the Alchemists through meeting them. So the rumors had to have some merit to them, right? “What are they called?”

There was a pause from Nox, as if he wasn’t sure if he should say. “They call themselves the Dark Hand.”

Adrastos had never heard of the Dark Hand until now. Were they that secret? If they had been lurking in the shadows, why be more active now? They had to be planning something big, something major. It was the only explanation. The magician clenched his teeth. His Shadow Society was much too small. Being in the Alchemists offered many resources at his disposal, but if one section was wiped out… Who knew how high the losses would be…

“This is problematic… If they insist on continuing their current path, then we must intercept them. I can’t allow them to stifle the Alchemist’s growth or that of the Shadow Society. But how… I can’t go to Heliohapt and I can’t expose myself publicly…” Adrastos bit his thumbnail. How would he get someone from the Dark Hand in  his clutches? Nox cleared his throat.

“If it helps,brother, there’s been a man calling himself Reqium Jinx affiliated with the Dark Hand. He was in Heliohapt for a time, said to be searching for something there, before traveling to this very country.”

The magician smirked. “Well then, let’s invite him to our humble abode, shall we? Send out flyers to all the nearby towns. Tell him to come here. Mention whatever you want so long as it doesn’t compromise the Shadow Society. In fact, just mention a party is interested in making a deal with him concerning his group’s activities in Heliohapt. It’s a long shot, but let’s see if he’ll come.”

Nox nodded and left. Within a day or two, the flyers were plastered on every house and inside every inn and bar. The name Requiem Jinx was written at the top in big letters followed by the message and the mansion as the meeting location. It was made sure to say for him to come alone since the deal would be for his ears only.

Adrastos would be waiting inside the mansion for however long it would take. If he didn’t show, then there would be no terrible loss. The magician would just have work on preparing a counterattack against the Dark Hand when the need arose.

Items Brought:

Malevolent Shadow:

Dantalis Serpent:

Grim Reaper:

Ring of Erosion:

Erebus (DMV):

Hades (non-combat pet):

Baraka (non-combat pet):

Shard of Solomon:
[/list]

Last edited by Adrastos Thanatos on 12/01/18, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Permission from Lagi to edit in the items brought)

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] 3oCk1sb

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] 7kZv0Du
Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] AmCJaPN Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] Ltg0RVb Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Jynx...wake up..."

Sleeping in then impromptu dark hand headquarters that Lagi had set up sho to produce drugs in, Lagi's beauty nap was interrupted by some of the men that worked for him. Being shaken a few times, the finger of the hark hand rolled out of the bunker and smacked the guy upside the head.

"*Yawn*, my morning cup of wine please, oh and fried chicken if yo-"

"We have a problem..."

HEaring the word "problem" wasn't a word that Lagi got all perked up for, but he didn't take it lightly and widened his eyes. After he cracked his neck a few times, Lagi sat upright in order to pay full attention to inquire about what the man truly meant.

"What kind of trouble?"

"Oh....you gutsy motherfucker..."

A few hours later, Lagi found himself in one of the main squares of where an "invitation" of some sort was spread all around in order to call for Lagi's attention.  It was said to be some sort of party, but Lagi had a feeling that it wasn't going to be the kind of party that someone would have "fun" at.

"Will you go?"

Lagi nodded as he chuckled to himself.

"Have some men on standby,  but ill give this party a proper response."

Later on, Lagi would walk towards the mansion, seemingly alone. Of course, he was armed, it would be ridiculous to not find the means of protecting yourself. Upon entering, Lagi would make himself known that he was here.

"That was quite a show you displayed just to call me out. "

Brought

Weapons
Spoiler:

Tools
Spoiler:

Other
Spoiler:

Name: Viper's Fang (A Rank Potency) x3
Tier: A
Material: Viper's Fang Ability
Description: Lacing an applicable target (Assassin weapon or Assassin/hybrid ability) with poison, exposure to this poison will cause internal B rank damage to the targets internal organs. One exposed, the target will experience this poison for the next two posts. However, this poison is temporary and after two posts, the effects would subside after dealing the internal damage. In addition to that, the poison would stay on the applicable target or ability until it's used up for that particular aspect.

Beasts
Spoiler:

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] CrChE3t

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

A chuckle echoed throughout the empty main entrance followed by a hiss. Nobody could be seen in the dimly lit room save for a man, clad in black and a mask obscuring his face. He stood next to a seven-foot tall obsidian throne decorated with bones at the other end of the grand hall in the middle of two staircases leading to the upper balcony. On one of the armrests, a black cat sat staring at the guest with wide grey eyes. “Forgive me, but seeing as I don’t have your calling card, I had no other choice,” announced a voice. “You arrived alone as directed?”

The cat yawned and stretched, “If he didn’t, he’s a very rude guest.” The same hiss from before could be heard, almost as if it were talking to the cat. “I can’t speak snake,” it grumbled, its grey eyes now watching the feet of the masked man as a white snake slithered around him. The masked man didn’t seem at all bothered by the creature at his feet. Instead, his focus was trained on Requiem Jinx.

Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] AmCJaPN Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] Ltg0RVb Reaching Through the Shadows to Grasp the Hand [Lagi|Private] VjD0Py3

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi had somewhat of a tired look on his face, wondering why this person had to cover themselves in the first place. That was the old him, somewhat needing to hide his face or identity. However, this face that Lagi was wearing, it was the mask. Masks could easily be changed, heck, Lagi could change his voice if he wanted to.

"No need to apologize, I'm pretty sure that it would be something like this if anyone ever called one of the leaders of the dark hand here in some fashion. Though, as you can see, besides your talking friends, the only person that you see here is me. " Eyeing the creatures more closely, Lagi felt a little off. His eye for beasts was not something to laugh at, preceding the capabilities of a creature's will was his specialty. He could even do it to other beast tamers and companions, but not for these average "pets".

"Guess you didn't need to follow your rules for "alone time" huh? Either way, you called me here for a reason. "

Lagi's Vault

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

“I never said I’d be alone. I just told you to come alone,” replied the voice as a man with long white hair stepped out from behind the throne. He wore a black Kou militaristic coat with black pants, shoes, and white gloves. Atop his head was the crown received by the a mysterious man at Gao’s meeting, and unbeknownst to him, a dark metal vessel given by the Contractor. Two rings rested on his right hand, a golden one with serpents on his index finger and a black ring on his ring finger, whereas his other hand had a solitary green ring sitting on his middle finger. His wand was tucked inside the belt around the waist. His silver eyes were hard as they stared at his visitor. “Clearly you can’t seem to read or else you would have understood that. You being in my presence alone also doesn’t amount to much if you decided to bring some lackeys along to wait outside the perimeter.” Either way, he’d have to relocate his base of operations because he invited Requiem and broadcasted his location to all local towns. Though nobody publicly knew Adrastos was part of the Alchemists and the leader of a small organization known as The Shadow Society, secrets and appearances had to be maintained.

Adrastos inspected his nails as he sat down on his throne with one foot resting on his knee. His hand fell onto the skull of the fanalis, the magician’s attention now on Requiem Jynx. Hades, the small black cat, curled up in his lap. “So eager to get to the point,” Adrastos sighed with a wave of his right hand. The man in the mask handed Adrastos a goblet of blood red wine which the magician would sip before speaking. The magician would have liked a thank you or perhaps an opinion on the decor, but alas Requiem Jynx was not one to waste time to get to the crux of the matter. Still, it was a trait highly regarded so there wasn’t much complaint.

“You and your organization, the Dark Hand, will leave the Alchemists in Heliohapt alone. Your growing influence there is threatening them, an act that will no longer be tolerated or ignored,” he said, setting the goblet aside. “However, such a demand won’t be acknowledged without fair payment, so I will ask this just once: what will it take for the Dark Hand to leave the Alchemists alone?”

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Loopholes, ahh, so what you're saying is that I should be more careful of you? However, you shouldn't necessarily expect someone to follow your orders if you don't govern them. A simple insult in the criminal world could lead to grave consequences, I took this as a parlay with no ill intent in mind, especially not after being welcomed on such a joyous occasion. Look at the pristine floor, the nice decor of the building, all you would really need is wine and women for this to be a great party. But I'd settle for the wine....if it isn't poisoned."

Lagi was dancing in circles with the way that he was talking, but in actuality, he was gauging the man. He wanted to know what kind of person he was dealing with, and it was never a good sign if someone was so meticulous with their choice of words.

"Keeping the boys out of the house was the gracious side of me I was willing to show. I came here, in this house, alone. I followed the instructions, just like you asked, no?"

Two could definitely play that game, and Lagi could easily be as conniving as the man in front of him. However, something interesting happened, this meeting was actually about the influence of the dark hand. They wanted the organization to stop what they were doing and leave Heliohapt alone, the thought of the notion itself make Lagi break out a haughty laugh.

"Are you serious right now? After all, we accomplished, you expect us to just take a bribe and move out? Were you expecting this to be easy? Heliohapt is the birthright of the cult, they strive to recreate the black pyramid to worship their god and act upon his will. Also, to have a hand in everything, all of the countries, all of the business, all functions. A dark hand is hidden within the contents of all functions, with our very own piece that we can act upon at our leisure. That is both the primary goals and a secondary goal of the dark hand. Granted, we aren't as big as the alchemists, but the potential to become a problem for you is growing continuously, becoming something you can't ignore anymore. But not only that, you should focus on what I want as well..."

Taking a few steps forward, a sinister smile would creep upon Lagi's face. This person was apart of the alchemists, the same people who killed his people and kidnapped his father.

"A year ago, there as an attack on the El Nagi Village that was initiated by your people, as well as the group of individuals who were involved in the kidnapping of Roark El Nagi. Surrender those people to me, and the dark hand will push no further to contain more than what they already gained within the country. If you agree, you also agree to abstain from conflict, if you mess with anything of ours that's unrelated to a direct business venture with us, the dark hand will respond in kind. Relationships are the key here, and here is your chance to build one. "

Lagi's Vault

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The magician smiled in amusement. This man danced quite well to be sure. “No ill will despite you bringing your entire arsenal to what is suppose to be a casual meeting?” Adrastos chuckled and nodded to the masked man who filled another goblet of wine. Instead of handing it to Requiem, Nox handed it to Adrastos who stood and walked toward his guest. With an outstretched arm, the magician offered the wine. “Wine? As for the women, I can’t offer what I don’t have. I have very little time and much to do, so distractions must be avoided. Plus, I’ll have to find another place after inviting you here. Forgive me for the lack of entertainment.”

Adrastos returned to his throne and sat down with one foot propped on a knee. He sipped his own goblet while listening to Requiem. From the Dark Hand wanting to worship their god to Requeim’s own person demand, Adrastos found himself intrigued. However, his interest was piqued mainly when Roark El Nagi was mentioned. Had it really only been a year? He could recall his time in Reim like it was yesterday, but it felt like it happened much longer than a year. Why was Requiem so interested in those that had their hand in that night? The magician raised a brow as he cocked his head to the side.

“Why is someone from the Dark Hand so interested in the affairs of the El Nagi clan? The kidnapping of Roark El Nagi?” Adrastos twirled a strand of his silver thread around his fingers. “Did you really join the Dark Hand for revenge against the few Alchemists that wronged your family? Least that’s the only reason I see for this personal demand…” Adrastos eyed Requiem, obviously unbothered by the grin that crept upon his face. He adjusted his perception. The magician could have cared less about this man’s personal vendetta, but it pertained to him as well. The Dark Hand definately could not be ignored if they were leeching off of Balbadd as well. Adrastos made a mental note to send word to Yoshi about this recent intel, along with the others. This man couldn’t be ignored either and would have to be dealt with if it ever became known of his involvement in that night. Though Adrastos never laid a hand on the councilor (he was the grunt dealing with the grunts) he was still there with those that did. He never expected this to be easy, or for the Dark Hand to simply give in to his demands. Of course, if push came to shove, the Alchemists could very well wipe out the Dark Hand, especially with the Brotherhood of Ash’s assistance.

“I’ll see what I can find out about those connected to the El Nagi clan and Roark El Nagi, but I heard most of them perished eventually. Karma, some would say or believe. As for the other part of the agreement, I can’t say unless you tell me everything your organization has its hands on. If not, then that’s just begging me to step on your toes and start something unnecessary. We wouldn’t want that, would we?”

Adrastos sipped at his wine quietly. He was lost in thought with all of this new information. “The Dark Hand has a god they worship? This deity sounds like fate, something to tell you how to live your life and try to control you… What’s to say this,” he paused waving a hand in the air searching for a better word but then continuing, “god is real? Why do you need to recreate the Black Pyramid just to worship this thing? I must say the Dark Hand is a rather amusing bunch. I never thought you’d be a religious cult. Unless… there’s more than just some god worshiping going on.”

The magician shook his head. Fate. God. In the end it was all a cruel joke. If there would be a god, it would be him. There would be no man, creature, or idea that Adrastos would bow down and submit himself to. He would be the god, the king, the idea that bound himself. Anyone that decided to believe fate was kind or there was a god to worship other than themselves or him were fools the world didn’t need. The Dark Hand was no exception.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Protect yourself at all times, inside of the bedroom, and outside on the battlefield. I'm sure you know this quite well, being a prominent member of the alchemists I'm assuming, there were some people that went for your head as soon as they figured out who you were. Am I right? I mean, they don't exactly bode a wholesome reputation, didn't even know that the brotherhood of ash were your soldiers of fortune back in the day. Heck, maybe they still are, but the more you try to control, the more people yearn for freedom. Every time that kettle bursts, you might just scramble for fear of what's to come of it."

Taking the wine, Lagi would sniff it a little. Combined with his expertise in herbalism, as well as his detailed sense of smell, it would be tough to catch lagi with any sort of poison shenanigans. However, if nothing of the sort came up, Lagi would take a sip and raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, I appreciate the hospitality, good wine. "

The wine was good, Lagi would give the man a bit of the benefit of the doubt for a time. As long as Lagi held up on his end of the deal for the dark hand, as well as getting what he wanted out of it, everyone could be happy.

"Does my reasons for joining the dark hand concern you in any kind of way? It's not about why I want what I asked you for, it's the fact that you wanted terms for a successful negotiation, which I just gave you. The information is for you to use as you see fit, due to the fact that the dark hand doesn't necessarily care about how they achieve their goals. If you can provide, that shows how much of an important asset you are, and maintaining our relationship in the future might be something of interest to you. That is the talk I WOULD have had with you in the end of this, but since this it the "make it stop" talk, I know for a fact that you and the rest of the alchemist don't plan to parlay with the dark hand any more than this. "

Taking another sip of the wine, Lagi would groan a bit at Adrastos's comment.

"Well, if perished is another word for "laying low", I'm sure they have no problem with bringing back the dead. I heard that one of your people were capable of that, that's actually one of the people I want. As for stepping on each other toes, the operations are simple enough. We push a business venture of vice, you make way for it. Activities need funding, and the only time, besides this, where I think we would come at crossroads is the funding itself. "

However, making fun of the god was something that Adrastos shouldn't have done.

"The master..... .... oh.....he's real. I didn't believe in it either at first, but after the markings appeared, the reach of his influence etched in every member of the dark hand in some way, even with me being here, his presence through me clearly defines his Omnipresence. We will save this world, humanity needs to evolve, if not, it'll die out. if the advancement is only available to those chosen, those who are rejected will only be the stepping stones of survival. So I say this to you, nonbeliever.. if you can see my rukh, or even ..... the look in my eyes, you can find the truth within the impossibilities. "

Lagi looked closely in Adrastos's face.

"To have a god that is real is the envy of man, to defy all fate made by men, only to be directed by one's own will. If you truly want to know if there is more to this than the crazy talk, give in to your vices. I did, which is why am the dark hand of debauchery. So tell me, what pleasure do you think I would take from this?"

Lagi's Vault

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Adrastos smirked. Even if Requiem’s words were true, nobody knew who the magician was. He was either Neo Mortem, the kind and dutiful doctor, or Adrastos Thanatos, the man in the shadows pulling the strings to his puppets. There was also Kareem, the name he had taken up as part of being in the Alchemists, but that name had never been uttered in public. If anyone did end up finding out, they’d find themselves at Death’s mercy.

“Scramble for fear? No. There are only two types of people in the world: those that wish to be controlled and those the control. I am the latter whereas most of the world is the former. This freedom you speak of, which is it? The freedom of servitude? Rule? Belief? I think freedom would fully be achieved by the abolishment of all government because then there is no law or ruler to dictate what a person does. However, that freedom is really just chaos in disguise. It’s rather interesting to see people exchange one cage for another,” he said with a pleased smile stretched across his angelic face. “Take a slave for example,” Adrastos continued, “they long for freedom. Theirs is to no longer be forced to work without pay and be able to do what they want with their own lives. Once they obtain their freedom from their owner, they become a slave to society or the expectations of their government and nation, especially if said nation revolves around a caste system. Those born poor are always poor and those born to nobility, are… well, rich.” The magician waved a hand. “I’m getting off topic, though. Forgive me.”

Adrastos signaled Nox to refill his goblet with a twitch of his index finger. He swirled the red liquid around as he stared into the cup before taking a small sip and returning his eyes to Requiem. “The reasons for your revenge have certainly stoked my curiosity about you,” Adrastos admitted with a shrug. He would have said more, but Requiem’s groan stopped him. What came from his mouth cause Adrastos to frown. As far as Adrastos was concerned, everyone else involved in Roark’s kidnapping had perished. However, now that the magician thought more carefully, he remembered The Alchemist’s had no part in the attack of the El Nagi clan. That was someone else. Then Requiem went on about his god, saying that it existed and muttered his delusions. When the man was done speaking, Adrastos stared Requiem down from his throne. His eyes were cold, emotionless, the eyes of Death itself if he had any.

“You? Save this world? I agree this world needs to be saved and that humanity needs to evolve, but they must first realize the cruel truth of fate and the world. I see your rukh clearly, and I see the look in your eyes, but all I see is the delusions of a brainwashed man who clings to his master. You’re a slave, a minion to some higher power.” Adra’s silver eyes narrowed. “Truth within the impossibilities,” he scoffed. “I’ll entertain the idea your god exists, but I refuse to bend my knee so easily. I will not become a pawn.”

His face was a mask as he slowly stood and stepped down to Requiem. Being half a foot taller, Adrastos looked down at the man even as they stood face to face.

“Perhaps having a god is the envy of man, but to be a god is the dream of man, to not only defy fate but create it for themselves. Give in to my vices? You think I would be here if I hadn't already? If only you knew the actions I took to get to where I am and how much more I will do to achieve my goals... But you seem to suggest that giving in to my vices means believing your brainwashed notions of a god your and your organization bows to."

Adrastos breathed slowly and shut his eyes for a minute before opening them again.

“I’ll look into those involved with Roark and the El Nagi clan, but note this: Whoever attacked that clan was not apart of the Alchemists. There is also no way to bring back the dead because if there was, I’d revive all my enemies just to make them suffer a thousand times over again, to see the life drain from their bodies as their blood clings to my hands and forms an ocean of blood. The remaining culprits of Roark’s kidnapping vanished off the face of the earth. They’ve been silent. Zordon, a decaying old prune, would probably be dead by now in whatever hole he crawled into after Ra’Zhul died. At least, that’s the assumption since he hasn’t been seen or heard of either. Your revenge is pointless if all the targets for your revenge are already dead or impossible to find.” Adrastos smirked as a small chuckled slipped his lips. “If you really want me to find these ghosts of yours, then fine. I will. Doing this would be the equivalent of treason toward a country, risking my own life, and utilizing my organization’s resources for your personal vendetta. Once I find out their location, I’ll relay that information to you through my associate here,” the magician said motioning toward Nox. "Zordon, being a man of his status within the Alchemist's, would probably know who was involved with the attack on the El Nagi clan. So you can get revenge for them through him."

Adrastos walked away with his hands clasped behind his back. “I’ll scratch your back if you scratch mine. That’s the point of this entire meeting. A negotiation. Not to fight or bicker,” he said as if to not only remind himself but others in the room. Hades, Nox, and Baraka watched as Adrastos paced back and forth. For a few minutes, he paced in silence to think of an equal ground. Then he stopped suddenly, a broad grin appearing on his once hard face. “I’ll gather whatever information I can to find the culprits. But know this; with us agreeing to mutually refrain from harming each other, and the impact of your ‘special’ requirement, I will need something more in return. You will assist me in taking over Heliohapt. It would benefit you by providing an easier outlet for your organization’s activities within the desert country. I won’t go into the details now, but when the time comes, I’ll ask for your assistance then.”

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"You know? If you joined the dark hand, I'm pretty sure your vice would be ascendancy. Always having the be the dominant one, controlling one. Seeing to have an advantage and then seeling to be the advantage to have that's kind of the difference between you and me. I am able to be satisfied as long as it's something that falls in the line of what I truly want, I don't think there is an end to your desires at all. As a matter of fact, you can't desire chaos and control at the same time,  it's a half-ass length of impurity. You either want it all or destroy it all, can't really have both in the same setting. "

If there was anything to Lagi that he had over the magician, it was that he was true to his desires. What propelled him most of all is what he stuck to.  However, the fact that he heard about the people he wanted already being dead and gone angered him. It wasn'; something that could be seen from the outside, Lagi didn't want to lose his cool. But on the inside, Lagi was seething with rage, the feeling of discontent started to overflow. He did all of this for the sake of keeping Reim out of his personal vendetta and seeking a way to make things right with the events that happened in the past. Everyone was to get what was coming to them, even if it meant that Lagi himself had to be added to the list.  However, if he was to make an example like this, it was safe to say that no one would mess with Reim or his family again without bearing the potential consequences.

"It goes without saying, but I'm sure that you know that I am truly unhappy with the information you just shared with me."

He honestly could have left it like that, with Neo being able to interpret it in any way that he wanted.

"As long as you provide me with the information that I need, I will assist you in return. In the case of heliohapt, since what I'm looking for is.... seemingly not there... assuming you are telling the truth and gaining my help is worth it to you, there is one last thing I have to take care of. "

Lagi's Vault

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Adrastos ignored the words Requiem spewed from his mouth as they were just nonsense. He didn’t know who he was or what he had been through, nor vice versa. Regardless, the magician held out his hand to shake Requiem’s. The action would, in essence, seal the deal. Once they would shake hands, the magician returned to his throne and sat down with one foot resting on his knee. He waved Nox forward so he could reclaim the the used goblets and place them on a silver platter, which would be carried by Nox himself.

Adrastos gave Requiem the information he could right now. This man, this Requiem Jynx, had the attitude of a spoiled prince without any dignity befitting royalty. Was Adrastos sorry for not having his life revolve around a man he didn’t know? Absolutely not. Was he sorry for being unable to hand this child in a man’s body what he wanted immediately? Never. The magician looked upon Lagi with uncaring eyes. He knew he was unhappy, but he could have cared less.

“For someone with so much trust in something you can’t see or touch and controls your every action, you sure have little trust in others. Fear not, ye of little faith, I will provide you with the information you desire within a week.” Adrastos waved his hand, motioning for Requiem to leave. “Our business is concluded for now. You know the way out. Leave so that I may attend to other matters.”

The magician’s eyes would watch Lagi until he left.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I can read people pretty well. You're probably mocking me right now, aren't you? "

With that being said, Lagi left, not even acknowledging the handshake or anything else for that matter.  His patience somewhat If thinned out with each passing second and decided that it wasn't best to be in the same room as this person. Any more than that, Neo was going to take an enraged lightning cannon to the face.  Regardless of this man's promises, if he failed, Lagi would be set out to do what he wanted anyway.  If he succeeded, all he would have done was save the alchemists from a headache that they brought upon themselves for interfering with his country.

Well, ex-country.

He probably could have just dropped all of this since the people that were involved were all gone and somehow were conveniently unreachable. There was nothing to get revenge on, all that he was going to get was a dead body and probably not even an apology.

Would that be enough?

-Exit

Lagi's Vault

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Once Requiem left, Adrastos sighed and rubbed his temples. The meeting did not go smoothly at all, and the magician’s companions watched the silver-haired man carefully, waiting to see if today would be the day he just snapped. Such was not the case. He stood calmly and gave Nox a look only he would understand. He retreated, returning after a few minutes with no sign of the silver platter or the goblets that rested there. Only then did Adrastos speak. “We will find the information he wants as per our agreement. He’s lucky I’m still going through with this since he didn’t seal the deal by accepting my handshake.” He shook his head and cleared his throat. “What’s done is done. I’ll uphold my end… Get in contact with our associates. Find out what you can and report back to me.”

With that, Adrastos retreated to his study with Hades and Baraka. He researched for days,  utilizing Alchemist and Shadow resources to find out the locations of those involved that were still alive. Vaughn, the teenager, was still in Reim, often seen cheerfully walking through the bustling market streets. Ra’Zhul was dead. There was no doubt since nobody could contact him at all. His body gone. Vanished like he never existed. Zordon was another matter entirely. Supposedly, he fled after being found out when Roark was set free. Reports say that a lot of people were set free as well. Only person who could have done so was Lagi El Nagi. The son had saved his father from whatever Zordon was doing to him. A shame; Adrastos wished he could see what the old man had planned. Zordon fled far, farther than the Alchemists’ reach, or so the magician knew. That left Imuchakk. The chances were high that he knew who was involved with the El Nagi attack.

Adrastos sent Nox to Requiem with the following information: Vaughn, Zordon, and Ra’Zhul were involved with the kidnapping of Roark. Ra’Zhul perished while Zordon escaped north, to the icy country of Imuchakk. Zordon would know who was involved with the El Nagi attack and where to find them. Vaughn, a young boy with white hair, is still in Reim where he cheerfully walks through the market streets. He also has a black bird always accompanying him.

Once the message was relayed, the magician set about his own tasks. There was much to do and so little time to accomplish the tasks needed to be done.

[EXIT]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum