You are not connected. Please login or register

The fruits of fate [Jahan/Merrze]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The fruits of fate [Jahan/Merrze] on 07/01/18, 09:58 pm

The sun began to descend beneath the horizon painting the twilight sky a shade of beautiful peach. The evening had cooled to a chill, causing Jahan to wear more clothes than usual. He was adorned in fine garments, black mulberry silk lined with golden floral designs. Above it was a white cape chained across his chest with golden ornaments. The collar of his neck was adorned in golden ornaments and above his left shoulder rested a golden epaulette.

He stood on a cliff overlooking the vast city of Kou and once again he would take in the wonders of the land. The country, the city and its air were still refreshing and invigorating to the young lord. Jahanghir sat with his back against a blue jacaranda tree. There was an odd feeling of comfort he found in being near the tree, it seemed to connect the king back to nature.

The specimen was foreign, and while the tree began to wilt from the winter air its petals would cascade slowly upon the world king. Jahan smiled to himself and began to breathe slowly.

"in and out" he thought to himself, feeling as his magoi circulated through his blood. The vessel of life connected all of them, the trees the wind the stars and the people--they were all united. Every blade of grass and every bird in paradise moved rhythmically in this circle called life. It was only the humans who seemed to have the hardest with this.

However Jahanghir had no trouble with it, he was blessed by the rukh, he walked and breathed through fate which had chosen him. He was strong and well connected to the universe, like the plants and the animals and just like the tree he would rest upon; Jahanghir was a beautiful foreign specimen. The rukh had danced with delight around the king, as if something good were to happen. Though what? He couldn't see or tell what fate had in store for him yet the world king was drawn to stay in place for just a while longer.

The rukh landed on the jacaranda tree besides a few of which would perch upon his crown and his body. Jahan sighed dropping from his meditation, he opened a rucksack from besides him unraveling his own ebony jaguar skin blanket. He pulled it around himself and began to question if he should build a fire.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Merrze

A-Tier
A-Tier
The skies were ablaze with wondrous color coming from the departure of daylight. It was the end of long, arduous day for the haired woman. Clad in weathered blackened armor which covered a flowing black dress. Her untameable hair slicked back by her headband into a snowy mane of hair. Dressed to impress and make a presence on the battlefield. Her clothes were to leave a lasting impression in battle but now all the fanalis wanted to do was dress into something more comfortable. Yet it was brisk out, and she just wanted to relax. Changing clothes would've been too much of a hassle.

She would march up the cliff with a swagger. Her plan was to go relax, or let loose in order to lose some steam. It was a good location to do that. Looking at the city was always something Merrze had always enjoyed. It amazed her to see other worlds, how they change and how they are different from what she knows. The life of the kou citizens was something she was more used to, but nonetheless it was always a invigorating experience. Yet with the arrival of her location the fanalis would notice a strange site on the top of the cliff. A man huddling next to a tree, and he was wrapped in the pelt of some sort of big cat.

As she stood there eyeing the man she sensed something about him, maybe it was his smell but somethings felt slightly familiar. She couldn't put a finger on it though, it wasn't something she knew extremely well. It made the female warrior intrigued in the man, approaching him.

The air moved, a strong aura shifted through, of one who had been guided by fate. There was an aura given off by Merrze, like there was a conversation between the world around them. As she approached, her aura spoke many things about her. That she was a warrior, caring, loving, forgiving but to not be trifled with. There was a tinge of sadness, but one overpowering emotion oozed forth, pushing outward like a geyser. It was screaming out ambition, drive to give back to this world. That there was greatness awaiting.
While no actual words had been spoken to her the air felt heavy, like when she had first used her djinn. It was like they were both radiating resplendently.

The silence would then shatter as the fanalis aimed to grasp what may unfold. "Well i guess I'm not the only one who likes to sit in this serene setting."

Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile
As Merrze approached Jahan a feeling of warmth flooded his senses. He raised an eyebrow. What could be setting his senses off? The woman who approached him was donned in black armor, she was a warrior of some kind just like him. She was beautiful and oddly enough she looked familiar to him. Jahanghir couldn't place his tongue on it yet but there was something absolutely interesting about this woman. He had known some part of this woman. 

The air was fluttering with rukh and they radiated a soft light that was unseen to two Fanalis. Jahanghir sat and smiled to the women. It was the same smile he had offered many people throughout his life, his grin reflected his ego and the beauty. The mysterious and mischievous nature of the world king was made obvious in his eyes but his face also held within it a certain level of inner peace and serenity. He tilted his head at the women as he eyed her. 

"Well i guess I'm not the only one who likes to sit in this serene setting."

"Hm? No" Jahan shook his head lightly "No I think this tree is a foreign beauty, and it calls to it those alike" Jahangir remarked on the nature of the Jacaranda tree and he scooted over making space for the woman.

"I was about to build a fire, would you like to join me for a cup of tea and wine?" Jahangir dug through his leather rucksack and brandished some tools for starting a fire, a kettle, water and some Chamomile leaves. Within a few minutes he had a fire started and the flame cut through the chill of the night. Jahanghir was pleased, he wasnt used to the cold nor did he like it. He was a fanalis, and he was one that would bathe in the sun everyday. He would live before the sun and die before the sun, and yet in still he shone like the sun; and yet Jahan illuminated the darkness like the moon light.

Casually throughout their encounter Jahanghir would be drawn to the womans face, he would gently hold eye contact with her as if to search her soul for some evidence. Some trace of the womans history or whatever history he may have had with her. The tea would begin to boil to a finish and Jahanghir removed the kettle from the flames and poured the tea into ivory cups. Sugar was a luxury but Jahanghir seemed well off on the resource. He dropped cubes of the unrefined substance into his drink opting for something a bit sweeter. After he offered Merrze a cup and he then revealed a large and finely made bottle of rice wine.

The bottle itself was gorgeous it was obvious that it was an expensive one. The glass bottle contained a golden substance that was light and fruity, it gently held the scent of alchohol. 

"This wine is made from plums and royal jelly honey. I've been waiting to enjoy it."Jahanghir explained. He knew a woman's concern with taking drinks from strangers, hell he knew his own. Yet Jahanghir wasn't that kind of man, he had no need for devious ploys at women. Jahanghir was himself and that was enough for any lady. Moving along though the world king wasnt able to keep himself from asking Merrze the biggest question on his mind. 

"So, where do I know you from?" Jahanghir questioned with a soft smile. "Or have you just been invading my dreams?"

View user profile

Merrze

A-Tier
A-Tier
She would move on over to the young man, taking a seat next to him by the fire. Flickering, almost like dancing, the color would illuminate over the both of them. The warm orange glow overlapping, waving back and forth. As they sat by the fire he had began to make tea for the both of them. It had been a good while since the young girl had the chance to relax with a nice cup of tea. The last few months have been campaigning, gaining resources and starting the construction of her settlement. It was all strenuous work for the girl, and there was occasional bumps and struggles. A moment to appreciate the sunset and settle down for a bit was always appreciated.  She would gladly accept the cup of tea from the man, expressing her gratitude with a warm smile. "Thank you for the tea, its been a long day so it appreciated."

She would sip the tea, after blowing on it for a brief moment, the heat dancing on her tongue as she tried to sip it slowly. She chose to keep her tea untouched. The bitter flavors of the tea enamored the warrior, it was invigorating and re-energizing to the taste buds. It was a fine tea indeed. "I have to say, your taste in tea is pretty good. I haven't had anything this good in awhile." While sipping the beverage the white haired woman had came to the realization that she had some food on person. It was customary of her to keep a knapsack filled with cured meats and some cheeses. While he being revealing his wine the woman would unveil her snacks for the meeting.

"I know its not much, but I have some dried beef and pork, here's some cheese I've been letting settle and age for a bit. Its not the most exquisite, yet it's still probably up there as my favorite travel snack." She pulled out a knife, cutting some the cheese into thin slices for the pair to split between them. As she offered the food to  him, drink was offered to her in turn. Graciously the young woman would clasp the cup. Giving it a quick whiff as she would go to drink it, using her nose to check for foreign substances, without seeming suspicious.  Before the liquor touched her lips she would speak, "Normally I prefer stronger drinks, but I don't really ever say no to trying out new drinks."

The golden liquid would roll over her tongue. The sweet taste wrapping around her tongue like an embrace. It wasn't too powerful, but it wasn't too light. The sweetness was pleasant, and would taste good with the sharp bitterness of the cheese. As the aftertaste of the drink lingered she would pop a piece of meat and cheese in her mouth, the man before he speaking as she ate.

He smoothly asked her if she had been an invader of his dreams. She giggled a little at the pickup line, it wasn't something she had dealt with often in recent days. Her face had a smirk to it, she would answer his question "Well, you could know me from my days in the Reim Coliseum, I earned myself quite the name there. Some called me the Lioness, and its managed to stick too. It's also possible you've heard of me in the military, My name is Merrze but I'd be more known as solider in some parts of the world. I guess it just depends on where we could've met or talked."

Her demeanor was calm, but she looked at him with a curious gaze, she wondered the reasoning behind his strange query. In turn, the young woman would ask a question in turn. "If you think you know of me, then who are you? If we met it's possible I could recall an encounter if I knew more about you."

The resplendent man resting before her had no reason to answer honestly. The fanalis would hope for an honest response. As she was curious in who the familiar scented man was. It was old, and she couldn't even place a name too it, Yet it gave a feeling of nostalgia. The possible ideas lingering in her head, pondering the possibilities.

Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum