You are not connected. Please login or register

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

As it is clear we are transferring from Forumotion to another forum host, I want to address an issue that has been present since the proposal:

What are we doing with the storyline?

While I could answer this question and dismiss the thoughts of others, I would rather ask the community the direction they want it to go. While the following is not a definite outline, it should be taken as a guideline for coming up with ideas. From what I have noticed by speaking to multiple individuals, there has been a few key features that we would like to look for and accommodate in our decision:

Allow users to start fresh, modify existing characters, and / or continue as they were. Not many people are okay with losing their hard work yet some people are. We shouldn't make a decision that forces people to do what they don't want to if we can help it. It would be in our best interest to accommodate for both if we decide on any large progressions to the storyline.

Allow us to move on from the past but not erase it from our memory. The history of this forum, while in places it is a mess, is very important. Even if a character isn't involved in the main story, we all have our own history through roleplay. If we chose to erase the main story, it would destroy our own. It would be in our best interest to make a decision that lets us create an addition rather than make something entirely new.

If there are more that I have missed, please message me about it and I'll add it to this list.

Now, on to my personal opinion that isn't very fleshed out but is a general synopsis of what I want to see happen:

I wish to end the "arc" of this website with a simple event that is either tied into the civil war or takes place after it. However, I wouldn't want it to take up an enormous amount of time. Just enough to put a close and satisfy the majority on how it was dealt with.

I would give the Contractor his final moments before his body returns back to the rukh and contributes to the creation of new Magi. For his power had begun to grow too great and his threat to this world was beginning to show it's presence. Perhaps, he reached a point where he couldn't be defeated but he was able to be split among different vessels. This would make way for a possibility for us to allow more Magi into the world and give us an excuse to cycle those who choose to go inactive. As an idea, the Contractor would be present in these Magi and in order for them to not be taken over by his madness, they were created to be short lived. However, some have shown to stand against the test of time. That in which would be the Magi who remain active.

However, after this ending, I would like the current world to be destroyed in a sense. However, Ugo was quick enough to near perfectly copy and paste our current world onto another. Before this world is destroyed, he tried to save as many of us as he could. Nothing is perfect. In the transfer, we may or may not retain our memories. We may or may not have the same skills. We may or may not even look the same. It would be up to the player to choose what happens to them. Some NPCs could have changed as well. However, upon request, certain NPCs may still exist. For example, Vodarara has taken a liking to Asisiak. His plot is intertwined with her own. It would really suck if she perished out of thin air due to this plot direction. I could accommodate for him and let her exist in the new world.

This new world would create possibilities that could open up to us easier than it could now. Even if that is arguable, I would still like to believe it's a nice change of pace. But that is enough of my vision, I want to hear from everyone else. Below will be a short series of questions that I would like everyone to answer. This time, a poll will not be put up immediately.

(NOTE: If you want to keep the plot exactly as it is now and not do a whole new world concept or whatever else people propose, these questions are still important. These questions are a guideline to form your own ideas. These are not supposed to be directed at the whole new world idea. Just fill them out as you would if you were in my shoes and had those options.)

Code:
[b]Would you let people choose to revise their characters or have them keep them the same?[/b]

[b]Would you rather us keep the current storyline or erase it completely?[/b]

[b]How would you wrap up the current storyline on this site?[/b]

[b]What would you like to see happen in terms of plot on the new site?[/b]

[b]Do you have any other ideas, questions, comments, or concerns to voice? If so, you may do it here.[/b]

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 18/12/17, 04:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

ALT - Setekh Fahim | Totodilo
View user profile http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/
I am making an additional post to make it clear for everyone to keep this discussion in the thread as much as possible.

Refrain from calling names or judging any ideas with offensive comments. You are free to criticize but rude remarks will not be tolerated.

Would you let people choose to revise their characters or have them keep them the same?
I say we are free to choose. Maybe someone had decided on a character and hadn't thought them out fully (cough cough, oliver). And maybe said people would like to refine their characters, change their FC, change their personality a bit, or their weapons and fighting style? Tweak them to how they would like them!
Or maybe they want to play for the other team and swap their character's gender completely and just roll with that! As I have said before: This is Universe 1 we are transferring to from Universe A, anything could be the same or different you know?

Would you rather us keep the current storyline or erase it completely?
I say we reset the story line to a point back in time and see if we build up to this point again through story or go down a different path. Maybe the conflict would happen in Heliohapt instead? Maybe it would be a border conflict between two countries? It's really a good idea to see if we can go down a different path with all of the new players we have gathered and those we have lost.

How would you wrap up the current storyline on this site?
I will leave that up to the great mods in the sky to decide.

What would you like to see happen in terms of plot on the new site?
If we could talk to everyone that comes over (depending on how many come over) about their character's plot and determine if it is worth a small scale site plot or a large scale site plot. Like Oliver's triangle issue of mercenary outfits hunting him, his assassin teacher wanting to either kidnap and force him to become the head of the organization or kill him, and his father's own personal army wanting to bring him home. I feel it could be a small plot for those that were interested to help him wrap all of that up! But that's just my opinion!

Do you have any other ideas, questions, comments, or concerns to voice? If so, you may do it here.
Not at the moment, I will let you know if I think of anything homes.

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
Would you let people choose to revise their characters or have them keep them the same?

I personally would like to keep my character (mostly) the same but I know not everyone wants to go that route. So, in that case, I think it's fine for some people to change their characters and some people do not. I'd like to allow members to have as many options as possible so we can accommodate everyone.

I... don't want to erase the storyline in a meta sense. If some people would like their characters to forget everything, then they can choose to do that. But as for me, I would rather not have Ariel forget anything/erase Ariel/etc. I would like for members to have control over what they remember/don't remember.

I actually like that idea which was proposed where Lagi can get the title of Accidental Destroyer of Realms lol.

I imagine in the new world there will be a ton of power struggles. Since - from what I'm understanding - this is a completely brand new world, there will be this sort of struggle and vying for power.

That being said, I am coming off of what you're proposing (for Ugo to create a brand new world).

However, I at least had been thinking Ugo wouldn't be creating a completely brand new world - he would just be phasing us into another world. And if he was creating a brand new world, there would be other people with long memories of this and that. So the scenario of lost and confused people entering a foreign world to them.

Do you have any other ideas, questions, comments, or concerns to voice? If so, you may do it here.

Whether they were joking or being serious, I've heard a couple of members comment about reviving dead NPCs (of their own) and stuff. If it would be possible...

View user profile
Please, try not to let your answers be influenced by mine and others ideas and how it has been discussed to happen. I want to hear nothing about the new world unless that is what you want and if you're on board with the idea.

The questions are general questions to help people break up their own visions. Forget what others have said or what you think might be the final decision. If you were in my shoes and were allowed to make an executive decision on the site, whether it is restarting from square one or not doing anything, what would you do and how would you do it? That is what the questions are for.

I want everyone to keep that in mind.

MAJOR IDEA!
What if the new world wasn't the same as the one we have in Magi? What if there were new lands? New landmasses? It could be a lot more like Alma Torran with floating islands, giant beasts roaming free. Hell we could have giant trees that scratch the clouds that cities can be housed in. The sky is the literal limit for us in this new universe.

I for one advocate a new land entirely!

View user profile
That would probably be very similar to something that Rima and I entertained ourselves on at one point where we thought it'd be fun to role play in Alma Torran itself. However, I think it'd be hard to find face claims for some of the more beastly races. xD

Honestly: i think beastly face claims are easy if you just decide "oh he looks a lot like this character but has the features of THIS animal" you know? But i think it would be fun. All them floating islands and giant beasties.

View user profile

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier
We have done character revisions in the past, I have no problem with this but what may be more important is are they carried over in terms of memories/existence in that way. For example Garret while he made a new character when the class/spec changed happened memories of Garret, the character exist or at least encounters.

I would say it would be worth keeping mention of Kou's civil war. Now how its history is written can be determined differently as they say the victor writes the history. You might not mention infamous people and would have rather a brief overview of what happened likely not mentioning any defeats of the victor for example.

I would suggest that we wrap up at the end of the civil war maybe having its ending be a spark that causes this shift and that shift is why this new dungeon we will have afterwards (on the new site i imagine) would have come to existence and it can have a fitting theme to link with the planeshift.

I would like to see a more overarcing happening in the world plot with lots of minor plot happening in the world. I think this would be a key moment to break away from the event chasing and get people down to their characters routes interacting with the world and their AFFILIATED nations for now affiliation to nations (bar for Imuchakk members of non-imuchakk blood (me being the only one)) has been treated as literally a colour, you don't have to do anything or it doesn't affect your Roleplay bar in my case because I can literally lose my affiliation and my relationship with imuchakk permanently.

I would like the world to remain as it is with all its landmasses intact. Though i wouldn't be against adding other countries etc it depends on activity for them etc and I would suggest doing them would mean a living world system.

I would suggest we take this chance to once again look at a living world mechanic or system. If we can add new plugins etc this could be a prime chance to do it.

EDIT: I would also suggest maybe bringing in more flavour things - this was mostly seem back in the early days - Imuchakk i'd say had the most flavour due to how small the nation is with the hints to quite a shamanic sort of air with its equivalent of a temple of the heroes/dead.

View user profile

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier
Okay, my post got deleted so I'm gonna say a couple sentences of what I want to see and then bounce.

Hi, I want to see an event where leaders of this new world take note that people have begun to appear where they have memories of an old world and some leaders begin to look into this rumor and odd event.

Unrelated note but I feel The Contractor needs to play a role in how our old world ends, maybe he and Lagi concoct a plan? I have no idea but he should go insane imo and maybe (depends on how Lagi does on recent plot and plot he may get for this end of our world event) Lagi gets a DMV.

So anyway ah, I would love to see unexplored lands we can go out and explore for whatever or whoever we're loyal to. More PC leaders would be good I feel and it would be cool to have an event where people get a more of a leader type plot where they can begin to amass people under their rule and banner and such. One way we can do this is maybe have it so leaders have begun to look into rumors of an old world and players can meet a leader (maybe, it would and should depend on how they reach out to a leader..?).

Uh yeah, so yep, also open up some good places to go to such as Sasan and Kina.

An idea I had (inspired by Diana) for Magnostadt was a forge that produced Magic Tools and Magical Mundane Items but needed a whole ton of Magoi to use. A way Magnostadt would get Magoi to use it would maybe via Magicians who are paid to pour Magoi into it. This would make it so that a character would need money if they wanted to pay for a Magic Tool. Also, maybe this forge would also be able to upgrade a Magic Tool but at a cost of hung too. If you are an enemy of Magnostadt then you are not able to use the forge. You can only use it up to 3 TIMES and then you're locked out of the forge. The forge is run by its master who only lets people use it 3 TIMES and no more than that.

Last edited by Trently on 18/12/17, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot BQdy5Kr
View user profile

Revise! I know I would like to tie up inconsistencies that arose from me taking a new direction in terms of plot for my characters.

I think neither--it seems prudent to tie up most of the current storyline so that the new site will be a fresh start and a new slate to write on, but it would be sad to see many people's hard work be all for naught once they start on the new site. Even incorporating some of the major overarching threads to the new storyline (or repurposing them to fit in the new site) would be a nice way to transfer some storyline from this site to the new one.

The Civil War and ensuing dungeon wind up creating too much dark energy that envelops the world and Il Ilah descends and destroys it. A new world is created through the machinations of whatever higher power can do this.

More site-wide plot to incorporate characters (especially key player characters that are in their own right, just as important if not more so than established ruler NPCs). Would also like to see tiny arcs/side-plots that incorporate some of the newer/younger members to make it more inclusive.

Staffing might be an issue there but I think with the novelty of the new site we could make it work!

My only concern would be activity--I know we struggle with activity (and we can't force people to roleplay) but it would be sad if we made the new site and it wound up being marginally more active or less active than what we have now.

Shards of Solomon x1
Trait Points x4

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot MlM2sTf

View user profile

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Both options should be available to players. Just like how Garret had a chance to revise his character into something completely different after retiring the original, other players should have the ability to choose the same option in relation to what was available to us previously. There should never be the case where this is one or the other

This is a no-brainer, we should respect the original lore  by maintaining a few of the key elements. The menial stuff could be what's forgotten.  We are being sent to a "new world" by Ugo, but the small changes are what adds the flexibility.

Kou attacking Reim
Reim being subjected by Kou
The Reim Counterattack
The Shrouded Isle
Balbadd's secret leader
The Kou War
The Disaster of Heliohapt

I'll proceed with the plan I was always trying to do. After getting my dragon, which is taking a while, i'll leave Kou by using the port and train up  After that, if there are available mods, i'll start the epic quest of where while I was gone, the black pyramid was recreated. With that, i'll summon the being that lies within the depths of alma toran and use it as a  WOD to destroy the alchemists residing in Heliohapt.

However, by bringing that being here
Spoiler:
won't show all my cards, but diana knows
, which you'll have to stop.

The mass accumulation of black Rukh because of this will be too much, causing the contractor and Ugo to step in somewhat.

This is done after my fight and if during the time of the dungeon (which everyone cares about), the timing would be that no one would know or care what's happening in that city. It'll already be too late by the time you guys come out.

Essentially, I'm asking for a chance to play a hand in it's end.

The genocide of the Immuchak people. Why else should we care about going to the frozen continent. For years now, even when people made immuchak, it wasn't to rp in the area that they are most native to. Even with my created group of the unity corps to improve relations of different kinds of races across the world, we have no invested interest.  Give us a reason to care about these people.

As a plot mod, I had an idea for a dungeon beast city called Tartarus, and no, not biting off Jahan's org name. This was a real thing and I think it deserves another look. Heck, the leaked energy from the release of "The master" could cause these sudden changes which cause pusedo db transformations that have no alignment to the dungeons that exist.  However, these changed people still need somewhere to go, and were brought into the new world with us.  The creation of tartarus , or heck, name it something else, could be the home they made for themselves and starts a new thing among fanalis and the blue-haired giants.

Maybe this could be the start of them disliking humans for treating them different.

Additional Comments: Anybody can make a strong impact in the history we have at this site, it makes no sense to go back and redo everything. Bust your ass and write, you get the goods, that's how it worked back then. Is it really that nice to accommodate? Or is this laziness? If we expect better from the staff, we can do better as rpers ourselves. Be open to new ideas, pair up, and make some changes.

One more thing,  new endgame mechanics for other specs, I don't want to see any more dungeon beasts running around without primary. With the ability to have your secondary class at omega tier,  who should grab a tet if we all now have a unique endgame mechanic related to our primary. I have ideas, I mentioned them vaguely in the box. If we do this, i want more restrictions on what the primary has access to.

Ranger- Eagle Eye
Warrior- Magoi Dominance
Assassin-  Shadow Flash
Body Manipulation- Heavenly Body

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot Pbucket

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot CrChE3t

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault
View user profile
i am so keeping sora the way she is what site is it moving to?

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
@alica fireberg
I believe we are moving to ProBoards. However, the move won't be for a long time so...

View user profile

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier
Lagi, a genocide of Imu people is not what we need. Imu and its country are very important to Magi World and we have no reason to get rid of it. Nobody wants Imu to end and just be replaced or whatever I'm p sure so yeah.

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot BQdy5Kr
View user profile

Vavatine

Vavatine
C-Tier
C-Tier
I'm still against switching hosts, but I'll input my thoughts here anyway.

I'd only let the newer players that joined after Yaku implemented system changes because any vet or role-player around already had their chance to revise their character whereas the newer player base has not.

Given my character has had important plot development by taking over Balbadd and receiving a DMV, I say keep the current story-line, despite it being screwed with by Yaku in the first place. To erase it completely means you negate the first question asked depending on how you rewrote the site's history and plot.

Considering there will be a site transfer, I guess I have to answer despite being against it.

I would just let the war end and maybe the result be that the world is flooded with black rukh. Ugo, taking pity on the inhabitants of the world he created, would put people to sleep (the PCs and a few key figures of countries) and transfer them to a world with more of a balance. The world on the forumotion site wouldn't be destroyed either.

I'd like to see plot not get ignored and replaced by something else or overshadowed. For example, my plot with Balbadd was ignored in favor of Gao being revived to start a civil war within Kou and using Lagi and his organization to summon Ill Illah. If Gao did not revive, Adrastos would have started a war between Balbadd and Kou or a civil war in Kou, but that was, in a sense, stolen. I don't want the same thing repeated, for me or anyone else.

I do not want to see a genocide of an entire race or country. Nor would it feel right to have more than three or four magi. The limit now is perfectly fine, and doesn't interfere with people's characters (if PCs were allowed to become Magi) by forcing their characters to live shorter lives.

I suggest we try to implement Voda's living world idea. Maybe not in its entirety or original format, but so that people don't event chase. Have multiple events going on so people can choose which best suits their characters. Have an event in Kou and Balbadd at the same time, or conflict between Heliohapt and Reim while Kou tries to rebuild its infrastructure after the war, etc.

Two of the questions asked don't really matter in the end, in my opinion, since staff will choose what they see fit out of the suggestions brought by the people who commented or just do their own thing.

This is all I have right now. If something else comes to mind, I'll add to this or make a new post.

[ SITE TRANSFER ] Discussion #1 | Plot 0WmUfDe
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum