340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
994/2000

T
he silence of the night was shattered by the noises of the creatures who still stirred. The crickets sung a symphony of chirps, distant wolves bayed, and night birds fluttered through the air in dances. The wind soon joined in, whistling as it tugged on the limbs of trees and jostled banners that hung around Yin Cheng.

The mountain village was sleeping peacefully, comforted with the knowledge that they were safe. Not only were they protected by the local clan of warriors, their homes was high above the head of any enemies. Their buildings were built on platforms, with parts of the settlement extending into nearby caverns. A waterfall cut the village in half, a curtain of roaring water that hid even more of the village behind its foam. Pathways made from wooden bridges and foundations spotted the mountain face, creating more wood for the resourceful village.

One such bridge spanned the space across the platform of the mountain's neighbor. It sat on the edge of the village, guarded by a tower whose eye watched the valley below. Flags embellished with a lion marked both the magnificent bridge and its protector. On the other side of the bridge was a gatehouse, their doors held close for the night. If one were to pass through the defense, they would find themselves traveling down a path lit by twin lines of lanterns, offering them light from the trees that would soon engulf them.

The end of the road would wind higher and higher before coming to a stop to the mouth of a cavern. Jagged teeth rise from the floor and ceiling of the cave, a fierce light glowing from within. Upon wandering closer, they would find half of an earthen bridge. On the other side sits a castle-like estate, its drawbridge raised against enemies. The distance between the two is a bubbling river of lava.

The compound is home to the Hou Clan, known in their area for being a family of fierce warriors guided by militarism, honor, and duty. They keep a watchful eye over the village of Yin Cheng and the forests surrounding their home. Even as the night drew on, its guards kept a stern watch beneath their helmets. Their grips on their weapons never grew slack, and the howls of their beasts assured them that their land was safe. This, however, didn't deter a single woman from sneaking out of the compound.

She stayed crouched by her Bovidae, fingers fumbling with the straps attached to the cargo secured to the beast. Once they were tight, she led him to the edge of the walls. With care, the woman scaled down to rocks whose surface were stepping stones within the flowing river. With well-placed hops, she reached the other side with her beast close behind them. Once there, the red-haired woman climbed onto her mount. The goat-like creature stamped his hooves impatiently, crackles of electricity springing about his horns. With familiar ease, the pair snuck beneath the gaze of the guards.

They avoided the main path down to the gatehouse, riding with care as to not alert the wolves who hunted her family's mountain for intruders. Getting through the gatehouse was easy for the girl whose teenage years were spent watching the very same structure. They breezed through the village, passing by familiar homes and stores. For a moment, they stopped by a particular garden. It sat on the very ledge, giving them the site of watching tendrils of light blazing across the horizon as the sun began to spread her fingertips to drive away the darkness of night. The Jade Dragon Mountains spanned on either corner of their view, and before them sat the rest of the Kou Empire.

But their rest was momentarily, and once again the pair were off. As they made through the final gates of Yin Cheng, the rest of the Hou Clan begun to rise. As they followed a dirt path down the side of the mountain, adults prepared themselves for the day before them. Teenagers dressed in their armor, eager for the day of chores and sword practice. However, one small branch of the family froze in its routine when they realized a certain member was gone. As the girl in question rode onwards, the parents rushed towards the stables on the estate. The brothers, knowing too well what had happened during the night, stayed behind to laugh. It wasn't often their sister disobeyed orders to stay home, which was why neither Cheng nor Xinyi had bothered to keep watch over their child. They hadn't expected her to run off on her training trip despite telling her rather sternly "no".

While Jingyi did feel rude for leaving during the middle of the night, it wasn't like there was much of a choice. Her brother taught her all that he could about Beast Taming, and both Dullahan and she knew that they needed something to challenge them. The feeling of growing stagnant was a sensation that Jingyi could feel, and it unnerved her. If her abilities and bonds didn't grow stronger, then neither would she. And if that were to happen, then there was no doubt that other up and coming soldiers would overtake her.

With that thought in mind, the red-haired soldier prodded Dullahan urging him to pick up speed. In half a day's time, the two together reached a clearance that marked that they had reached halfway down the mountain. It was there that Jingyi disembarked Dullahan, allowing the goat to graze as she collected kindling. Within minutes, she built a ring of rocks and dug a hole in the center. Placing the leaves, moss, and twigs into the space, the woman then used some flit to lit the fire. A trail of smoke snaked into the air, its body fattening with the passing time as Jingyi prodded the growing fire.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Equipment:

Last edited by Jingyi Hou on 07/12/17, 07:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

On the off chance that there was anything that Lagi enjoyed more than suffocating himself in his long list of debaucheries, it was finding unused and momentous riddles to unwind. Lagi's current intrigued in respects to wandering out was a rumor of a few kind of covered up town that remained tall up in the mountains. For a put to be so disengaged from the rest of the zone, one of the things that Lagi thought in his head was the sort of mystery and substance that they might have kept up in the event that they thought that they could survive that shape of solidarity for a long period of time. The compound of the Hou clan, finding his way in might be a part harder than Lagi thought. He didn't come here to wage war with the clan or anything of the sort, but he trusted that he could create a relationship with them, all for the purpose of his claim needs and the Dark Hands.

With a bit of spying and a few days of scouting,  Lagi finally set off in order to get a closer look at this mysterious mountain compound in order to get a good feel for what he was dealing with. However, Lagi preferred to do it at night, not wanting to attract too much attention to himself as he climbed up. Heading up another hidden path of the mountain range, Lagi made his own set of shortcuts without wasting any extra energy flying or whatnot, wanting to enjoy the sights and actually travel in a way that his fellow dark hand members would be traveling if he ever sent them in assignments. If Lagi couldn't see in a way that they were able to when it came to pure reconnaissance, he was sure that there would be a few problems that he would be personally responsible for.

In any case, Lagi would come across a mysterious flame in the distance, wondering who could be camping out all the way over here.  Shifting from bush to bush, Lagi would wait and watch in the darkened area, observing the woman. "A scout?"

Brought[spoiler]
Weapons
Spoiler:

Tools
Spoiler:

Other
Spoiler:

Beasts
Spoiler:

Tutelage Under a Legend [Training w/ Lagi] CrChE3t

Tutelage Under a Legend [Training w/ Lagi] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
1372/1500

T
he fire crackled in its hearth, one of many tunes in the bustling night-time forest. Birds sang amongst the branches, the wind whistled through the leaves, and countless insects chirped and buzzed. It was an ambient mood, created both by the quiet music of nature and by the gentle glow of embers. The flames cast a soft light that penetrated the otherwise dark forest, a companion that kept the heart at ease.

While sat by its side, Jingyi felt reassured by the light. The feeling was only intensified by the presence of her other companion. Leaning back into his woolly side, the woman could've closed her eyes and fall asleep. But her gaze was trained on the canopy of the treetops. Disjointed moonlight peaked through the openings of the leaves, and beyond them, she could faintly spot different stars.

But then something creaked outside of their ring of light. The underbrush rustled, and Dullahan's head rose. Likewise, Jingyi sat up herself. She glanced about the darkness. But her untrained eyes could spot nothing amiss, and unsteadily she laid back once more. But again, she could hear something moving about. This time, Dullahan climbed to his feet. He snorted, breathing in the air as his ears flicked.

It was probably nothing, Jingyi thought to herself as she pushed herself upwards. While her hand was on her beast's neck -a motion of affection as she stroked his wool to calm him down - the woman heard spoken words. So did Dullahan. His head whipped to the side, his hooves stomping as the presence of a man became known.

Jingyi ushered Dullahan back with a motion of her hand as she stepped forward. She looked towards the stranger, his features still cast in shadow as he stood away from the light of their fire. While her hand itched to creep towards the handle of her blade, Jingyi stilled herself. It wouldn't do her good to appear hostile to a person who may just be a traveler. Who was to say that he aimed to attack her?

"Mind stepping out from behind those bushes? I nor Dullahan are going to attack you, so please..." Jingyi called out, her words accompanied by a hand wave motioning towards the campfire.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The stomping hooves of the creature that seemed to be accompanying the girl were more than enough to give the average man an intimidating presence, or better yet, could send anyone running in the other direction if they took a chance to look the creature in the eye. However, that wasn't the case with Lagi, even though it seemed as if his cover was blown. Taking a look at the creature, he already saw it's breaking point. In a way, it's heart was saved, leaving it's control and manipulation out of Lagi's control. The one that was occupying the heart of that ram like beast was the one that was with it.

"Oh? Guess this makes you something special, that's a pretty beautiful partner you got there."

Lagi would say this as he raised his hands up, a sign that he didn't want any trouble or anything of the sort. If a fight was to ensure, Lagi could bet on himself to put up a good struggle, but he didn't want things to resort to that. If this woman was really from the Hou clan, it was better to get on her good side, might even be the fastest way to get inside of the village in the first place.

"So, is camping out here in places like this an often thing for you? From the way this area smells, and by all means, this is just a stretch, there are some animals that don't necessarily fit the vegetarian mold. If I were you, I'd be a little bit more careful. "

Of course, Lagi was referencing the tamed beasts, not knowing that they were completely under the Hou clan in the first place. They could just be roaming animals that were on good terms with the clan, like how the EL Nagi clan got along extremely well with metallic birds.

"In my opinion, that pet ram you got can get even stronger."

Spoiler:

Lagi's Vault

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
Muse
WC
1713/1500

D
ullahan nostrils flared in challenge as it faced Lagi, static electricity crackling about the creature’s many horns. Even it knew that outsiders technically were not supposed to trespass so close to the clan’s compound; more importantly, however, it was on guard. Dullahan had never seen the man before, and he found it suspicious for a human to just be sneaking around the woods - nevermind that his own tamer was doing the same thing for a simple reason. The human before him, Dullahan reasoned, could be a danger to his tamer. And as her beast, it was the logical conclusion that it was up to him to protect her from danger.

But, the human didn’t seem to be hostile in nature. He spoke calmly and raised his hands in a clear gesture of peace. The action caused Jingyi to gently lay her hand on Dullahan’s snout, a silent command for the beast to settle. Without protest, Dullahan stepped back before laying down. Though, he still kept his eye on the stranger just in case.

“Thank you~ Dulla here is an excellent partner,” Jingyi replied with a smile, patting the goat in question on the head. “And nah, I don’t usually come down this far. But, I wanted some peace and quiet to train with Dullahan, and that’s not an option where I live,” the woman continued. She wove her hand towards the fire - an invitation for Lagi to join them - before sitting back down. The red-haired soldier leaned back against her best, stretching out her legs as she rested her palm on Dullahan’s leg to reassure him.

“And I know of the critters that make their home around here~ They’re pretty feisty, but I assure you that they’re no match for this team right here.” To emphasis her point, Jingyi gave a confident pat to Dullahan’s leg, her smile reflecting her self-assuredness. “And anyways, they’re no match for our wolves that we have around here so they don’t venture too close. You have to be further down the mountain to encounter them.”
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

That creature that she had, Dullahan, had some good eyes on it. It was always on guard, basically stared Lagi down. Lagi remembered the time that he had Zygus with him, their relationship was somewhat similar. Even before Lagi's beat taming skills were up to par, Zygus was protecting Lagi whenever he came around. Sometimes it wasn't the people that choose the creatures, it would end up being the other way around.  Maybe that's the way that it needed to be at times?

"Oh, so you have a few wolves on duty that basically fend off your people from the other animals that live here? That's actually pretty unique, you never use actual people and their partners in order to do so? It must mean that your people have a strong affinity with them, or relationship nevertheless. The pack mentality of protecting a group of individuals takes some talent.  As a matter of fact, from one clan to another,  I could say for sure that I see some talent in you. "

Taking a seat at the fire, Lagi would resolve himself to ask a question that might take up a bit of time, but figured the woman would be better off for it. "So, what are you training on?  I'm sure that my expert knowledge and mastery over beasts could help you reach your goals. Granted, it wouldn't be COMPLETELY free, but it's not money that I would want. "

Lagi's Vault

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
Muse
WC
1977/1500

J
ingyi gently stroked Dullahan's neck with apparent affection, smoothing out snags in his wool. At Lagi's statements about their guard dogs, she nodded her head. The wolves considered them as balder family members with a few clansmen taking on the duty of assisting the pack. But the man's latter words caused the woman to raise a brow.

She watched as he sat by the fire, her disposition not changing from its cheery demeanor. "First things first, I'm Jingyi Hou! If we are going to doing whatever together, then I suggest that we know each other's names~" Jingyi chirped, curling some of the goat's finger around her finger. "As for my training, well, I'm going to improve on everything, but for now, I'm focusing on my beast-taming!" Jingyi exclaimed as she sat up.

"As for pay, what do you want other than money?" She questioned, resting her elbows on her knees as she studied Lagi. "There isn't a lot that a man could want - food, drink, money, power, revenge. Furthermore, do I even know that you are a proper mentor?" While Jingyi wasn't inherently suspicious of the stranger (when she ought to be), the woman still had questions. It wouldn't do her any good to pay a man who turned to be a poor tutor - especially if she could just figure it out on her own (granted for a longer period of time). There was also the possibility that what he wanted in return was something she simply couldn't afford to give.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Your name? People still do introductions in this day and age? I thought they would just run around without knowing anything about each other? Sometimes that's how it is in war, having to fight for your life with people you barely know for the sake of a county or faction. Isn't that true? "

You wouldn't believe how far someone would go for the sake of their own ideas and somehow make it far enough to not use any of their personal information. Lagi wasn't essentially disregarding what she was saying, he just simply believed that formalities were a bit worthless when it came down to it.

"Well, if you need a name to associate me with, Requiem Jynx will do just fine. As for checking out my validity, what would you want me to do to prove that I'm more than likely the strongest beast tamer you met in your entire life? A display of power? Is that what you want?"

Standing up, Lagi would then move back a little bit and called Jingyi over. " Tell you what, how about we have a go then. We only use our beasts and our natural abilities in order to defend ourselves. After a minute, I'm pretty sure you would want me to teach you. So far, I've mastered two styles in my life. The brutes, mostly dragons, which is why I'm so confident I can whip the coordination of you and your beast into shape. As well as....well... I guess you'll find out. "

Lagi's Vault

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
N/A
WC
2244/1500

J
ingyi scratched the back of her head as Lagi talked, her head tilted to the side. She simply wanted to know the name of the person that she could be working with - not a lecture on introductions and their pointlessness in their day and age... It was baffling, really, and the woman couldn't help it when the corners of her mouth lifted in amused bafflement.

"Ah, I fight for my country because I fight for my family... As introductions, I just thought that would be best considering that there's the possibility we could work together," Jingyi replied as she grabbed a nearby stick, using it to prod the fire. Embers spluttered to life at her jabbings, one of the logs falling off as the flames grew higher.

"Concerning your display of power, that sounds fine, Mr. Jynx," she continued, setting the stick down and pushing herself off. Behind her, Dullahan picked himself up and trotted over to his master's side. Before the red-head walked over to Lagi, she ran her hand over the goat's head.

"Before getting started, by natural abilities, do you mean fists and kicks? Or am I allowed to use my blades?" She inquired, a hand patting the hilt of her sword for emphasis on her question. "I wouldn't want to draw this on you when you didn't intend for blades to be a part of your display, after all. I'm sure that the "strongest Beast Tamer" I've ever met could handle this baby just fine, but it's better to be safe than sorry~"
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Possibilities are random and uncertain. everyone's story should be based on the decisions that they make. I decided to come up this mountain and ran into you, you decided to allow me to sit next to you, and I decided to offer some of my services out of the pure amusement that you might have enough potential to be strong. But if you end up not being the person I had a feeling you were, maybe this would be a waste of time for both of us in the end if you can't make it. "

Folding his arms, Lagi thought for a while about if it would be proper for the woman to be able to use her weapons as well. It seemed like it defeated the purpose of testing her coordination of commanding her beast and working together with it, but on the other hand, maybe this was the keys to the combinations that were optimal with working together with your beast.

"Fine then, nothing but my beats and body as a weapon then. I will be using no items of the sort. Tell you what, if you end up being the one who bests me instead, maybe I'll tell you my true name. But for the time being.........."

Lagi would then call Jingyi once more.

"Show me your power, are you even worthy of that loyal companion that's by your side?"

If she didn't figure it out before, Jingyi had the first move, with Lagi being 6 meters away from her.

Lagi's Vault

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
250/260
NOTES
Muse
WC
2540/1500

T
he edge of Jingyi's lips twitched downwards, her eyes narrowing. Who did the man think he was? She - a waste of time? He hadn't even seen her fight and here he was... The way he claimed that he would be the strongest Beast Tamer she'd ever have the privilege of meeting, that rubbed her the wrong way as well.

The thought made her blood boil. She may not be famous, but it still irritated the soldier whenever someone, anyone, talked down to her. It was a different scenario with the higher-ups, but with this random man? This stranger who had trespassed onto her land? Especially when Jingyi was kind to him?

"So my only reward would be is the knowledge of your name... I yet to know what you want from me in exchange for training, that is, if I live up to your 'standards,'" Jingyi exclaimed as she drew Chun Yu, the sword sliding neatly out of its sheath. The hilt fit perfectly in her palm, her stance shifting to accommodate the weapon.

"Let's see if you're actually interesting to fight..." The woman snipped back, her grip tightening on her weapon. One could clearly see the irritation in her eyes, even Dullahan seemed annoyed by the man's words.

A short whistle from Jingyi sent Dullahan running in an arc to Lagi's left. At the same time, the tamer would pull out her Skeleton Key before closing the 6m distance with an A-tier fast charge. Once close, Jingyi would slow down in order to swing Chun Yu in a horizontal attack while activating the Skeleton Key's Magic Circle.

Fit Any Hand activated and the key transformed into a another sword. With it in hand, Jingyi stabbed with the impromptu weapon once she finished Chun Yu's swing.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Battle Log:

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tutelage Under a Legend [Training w/ Lagi] Gabe_Request
"This is how a Legendary Class Beast Tamer Fights............ORIANA ZETAL!!!"

With the whistle being blown, it was a little irritating to Lagi for his own special reason. The tamer gritted his teeth as Dullahan got closer, picking up on the smell of its special wool to determine the distance of the beast. As it got closer to Lagi, the smell of the wool was more prominent, but Jingyi wouldn't have known about Lagi's danger sense.

In return, Orie would appear behind Lagi in all of her majestic beauty at A tier ability speeds, generating an electrical field from herself in the form of a negative charge. The negative charge would start from 5 cm from Lagi and spread outwards fully.  The pulse itself from Lagi would generate up to 25 meters. preventing jingyi from getting any closer. As a matter of fact, with the negative push that Jingyi would experience, there was a strong possibility of a strong knockback to blow her away due to the metal items she had on her. With this happening, Dullahan and Jingyi were split up and the only thing Lagi had to deal with for the moment was the goat, with the assumption that the goat had no metal whatsoever.

"A tamer is nothing without their precious companion, and vice versa. What happens when you two are split up?
"

With Dullahan being one meter from Lagi, he would projectile vomit in  Dullahan's direction and increase the durability of the projectile vomit in order to goo trap the opposing beast.  With the throw up itself moving at B rank ability speeds and covering 5 meters in diameter.  Due to the size of Dullahan, Lagi was able to cover Dullahan completely if it connected because of it's size, but he made a point to prevent covering Dullahan's face in order to prevent suffocation. However, A tier strength was out of the question in order for Dullahan to break out.

With this, if unimpeded, Lagi immobilized Dullahan and now Jingyi was unable to get anywhere near him or the beast.

"What will you do?"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Requiem Jynx on 17/03/18, 01:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Lagi's Vault

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

forgot my stam and magoi, just in case i made a mistake in my post and you can take advantage of it ill avoid editing

Stam: 390/430
Magoi: 330/350

Lagi's Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum