Julius Plageuis
Lagi
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I've been doing some thinking on discord out loud, and I wanted to see if it could hold some weight if it was made into an actual suggestion. Adding more variety to our activity checks by giving the individuals the incentive to participate or even strive to achieve a full completion, I propose that we offer a single trait point, which is, of course, used in trait system.  

The accumulation of points that gives us access to our strongest arsenals, strength and speed tiers, basically the ability to think up of new traits just to spend them on, its something that's invaluable to character development.  The more active you are, the more you are able to garner the opportunity to not be super limited to the trait points that you have, and fully cater to the build you are trying to achieve.

The huang can stay, but this is an extra benefit for those who truly put in the work to stay active.

However, there has to be a catch. Of course, besides the full completion of an activity check (4 threads, and the past activity checks.), those past checks also have to be full completions.  So it won't be easy to get into the grove of picking up your trait point.

Now I am going to talk about the Rukh System

As of now, if I may speak freely, alignment is meaningless. However, it came with meaning when we actually made a system that benefits off of what rukh you have, either the black rukh or white rukh.  We have access to perks, but right now,  there is nothing that exists right now that's allowing people to utilize it's full potential.

I think we would give the applicable perks actual costs to use.  When this happens, depending on our alignment,  we can also start tallying the amount of rukh that our characters actually accumulated. We can also give the tally a limit.

Djinn and Dark Djinn preference is not included in the tally, it should come automatically with the alignment

I noticed the dark djinn limit break of accumulation has a +10 count, let's use that as the rukh accumulation limit.

Now, if we were to give these things costs, as well as reasonable ways to gather it, it could use in a various amount of situations. Claims can be made in missions, socials, whatever you think that warrants attention or deserves the attention that refers to the accumulation of the rukh related to your alignment.

How should these claims be handled? Of course, by staff judging the material presented.   I don't want it to be where you make a claim (7) and it was worth a 2 and you just get a straight up no. I think it's good that you allow the storytelling department to make that judgment call, or whoever so happens to be reviewing it.

This should promote more substance in our work, helping us stay true to our character development since our alignment actually means something.

Rukh accumulation remains until used, and claims should not be made until the conclusion of the thread, except for certain circumstances ( which is up to staff to decide what they are)

To avoid cheating, there should be a tallied record of your rukh count in your sig. Idk if we need a different section for Rukh alignment claims, but we will cross that bridge eventually.

Let's try a mock exercise of actual pricing for these abilities Bear with me, this is just me thinking up something.

White Rukh

Spoiler:

I think the pricing is fair, you get free tips -2 rukh a pop.
Death save should cost higher, it's a literal solomon's proxy intervention, it could be more than 5
Pain tolerance does not negate bleeding out, however, losing your arm  and ignoring that pain can be useful.

Im just saying, it can get better, I can throw up a mock for the black if you like.  Black Rukh should even out with white, it's outnumbered by 4 to 5. To rectify this, let's add either 1 more perk,  or make it easier to gather black rukh than white rukh. The white does seem better with a proxy death save, pain resistance,  and rukh tips (Can you see how good this is if you actually used it now?!), we got to up the ante for Black so it doesn't suck at least.

My suggestion?  Black rukh is about rejecting fate, a destiny defying trait could save this alignment...

This is just an opinion from a veteran player, i'll shut up for now and let you guys think about it.

Is it worth it? Or is everything fine the way it is?

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Strength and Speed traits, they seem nice, Especially strength but with the current system fro speed where there's no exact number of how fast things move, etc its just common sense I feel the speed traits would be useless for the most part. Granted if you have the Speed traits and I don't we can assume you're fast, but how would we know for sure? Though, the traits for activity check seems a bit strong for a reward? What even happens if you miss one? I think getting rewords for writing more or being more active is a positive thing. I'm often the top non staff poster on sites I rp on so I'd like to be given more for my effort however, maybe have options? Trait points, Extra Huang, maybe skill tickets, or weapon tickets, Magic items, limited edition weapons, perhaps even extra abilities slots etc. It can be done by IC post, or threads, either or. On the Rukh, I'm not at the point yet where I can use it, so I have no opinion on how it works for me, I am a Black Rukh user not because I wish to be evil, but it seemed more of my style, being a slave doesn't seem like something you can just accept. I enjoy that we are allowed to choose, but wouldn't the type also have a chance to change depends on how the development goes fourth. I'm not saying like with one or two actions obviously.

Anyway, if you'd list an example for the Black Rukh like you did white, I could compare the two and give an opinion on the matter. Anyway, that's my take on it. I like the idea for more rewards just not sure if Traits would be the right rewards they seem strong to be handed out.

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

I really like your suggestion for the traits. It's an incentive for people to actually do the AC rather than just skip it every month. Plus, it offers a way for members to get trait points, which they can then use to further specialize their characters. Due to how limited the trait points can be, it can be scary to spend them on a unique trait that may not work the way you can. So, they only go for the cookie-cutter trains (which I'm also guilty of). If traits can't be used, then other items such as coupons and haung would really be appreciated.

And I also agree that, at the moment, the Rukh System is barely used if it's even used at all. It's just... sitting there gathering dust in the corner. Considering how big Rukh is in Magi -since it's literally fate- it should be more widespread and used. It would certainly be interesting to see it in action.

There is only one real thing I can mention about the situation. Shards of Solomon is Solomon's will in crystal form, so perhaps they can also be included in the Rukh System. Maybe, if you get a lot of White Rukh (10+?), then you can cash it in to find a shard. Also, I'd love to see a mock of what could happen for Black Rukh.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Trait Points as a reward for completing Activity Checks? Are you guys fuckin' high?

In all seriousness, what the fuck guys? Trait Points as a reward for completing a Activity Checks? I wonder how often I have to repeat the question for the concept to make sense to me. Just sounds/feels/looks/is another way for the power hungry to get even more power. Traits are supposed to be special. To get a Trait Point for completing an Activity Check is too easy to be considered "earning". I just skimmed the wall of text Lagi and the rest of you seemed to be so excited to type out because if typing a wall of text to slither some logic into an absurd concept is what makes sense to you, then whatever - I'm not reading bullshit.

Lagi, if you want more power through traits - spend your damn EXP points in the Omega Shop! xD

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So I feel at the moment that I can make a comment regarding your trait suggestion Lagi.

I agree with Zadi's views on the matter. Traits shouldn't be something given out by an Activity Check, Traits are already incredibly powerful after all if you look at your own Pet's Traits and your own you can see what happens when you have such a significant volume of the points. (Just the players that got the two extra ones from readvertisement rewards, have a significant advantage over other players).

I think the bigger issue over trait points is the unbalance between dual spec and tertiary spec PC's for the number of traits total.

So, while i think that activity checks could bring different rewards (maybe Ability Tokens for example) I think trait points are too far a step and in the wrong direction.

Furthermore, It won't necessarily increase the number of posts people make but just lead to people making and closing threads to circumvent the fact that an activity check require 4 thread (posts) not 4 posts. While also not solving the issue of any players that are just struggling to find motive to make lots of posts in general.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think instead of giving out trait points directly, rewarding players with a type of AC-check point would be in better taste. It'd be a shop similar to Fate's Fortune, but exclusively for players who decide to be active. While this still could potentially lead to rapid opening and closing of threads like Voda spoke of, I think if worse comes to worse, we could always set some sort of rule for that kind of behavior. + I'm fairly certain that most people are going to be far too lazy to keep up that sort of thing for an extended amount of time.

Anyways, this shop would have a bunch of cool and unique rewards that you could buy with these AC points. Think; trait points, magic items, shards of solomon (limited stock), ect. Of course these items wouldn't be able to be purchased right away though. They'd be quite expensive, thus requiring the player to keep up constant activity to actually get them. While it seems kind of grindy to keep something like that up, it's honestly not. It's more of a reward for players who simply keep up their activity, like a decent amount of people already do. They'd just finally be rewarded for doing so, well...rewarded more than they are right now. 25k Huang is quite a bit, but the player's who make an effort to keep the site alive deserve something more, imho.

Anyways, that's just my take on something we could do. I agree with Voda + Zadi that straight up giving players trait points for being active is a bit much. However, I think it could work if it was behind some sort of AC-check exclusive shop. -- This idea of mine might be incredibly flawed, but it sounded decent in my head. I'd like to know what others think of the idea though, including you; Diana.

---

As for the rukh idea, I could get behind something like that. It'd be really nice if we could add another "currency" on a player's side bar thingy, but I think that'd require premium. The idea of putting it in your signature *could* work, but idk. All-in-all, I think the idea is interesting enough to take a look at. As of right now, I absolutely agree that people aren't using the rukh system as much as they should. The main reason for that though, is simply because it's incredibly weird to actually go about doing it.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

@ Knuckles Shi-
Spoiler:

@Jingyi Hou-
Spoiler:

@Zadi-
Spoiler:

@ Vood -
Spoiler:

@Rima
Spoiler:

That's everybody, so here is the black rukh mock up, I have two alternatives.

1, since black rukh is missing a skill and white is essentially better, we can make it cheaper to use the abilities.

black rukh template 1
Spoiler:

Black Rukh Template two
Spoiler:

Well, what do you think? Am i on to something? Or am i full of shit?

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I really like the idea of an AC Store - where you exchange tokens for special/rare items.

My biggest question is whether people will be rewarded for participating in the activity check before the AC Store existed. I'm... obviously extremely biased here but... if it is the work to up to date everybody's coins which deters people from rewarding those who have already done ACs + 4 threads thing I'd be more than happy to do the work myself.

As of now, I am not particularly concerned about pricing. I'd rather unravel the mechanics first before discussing pricing.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

@Ariel- That is the confliction here. I would of want to give everyone a clean slate, to be honest, starting next year effective immediately. However, if a completed activity check (4 threads, past two checks with the same kind of completion of 4 threads) was apart of the process, that would give you your first coin.

Or at least, that is how I would do it. No, I don't think doing an activity check audit is worth it, too much of a headache to make it an effective and then go behind every member and count every single coin they would have gotten. If you are already doing it, you start getting paid.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Lagi I mean... it's not that hard lol. We've only really had 38 Activity Checks and many members have left anyway. Besides, why would anyone care how difficult it would be to calculate the coins if only one person is doing it? And I've offered to do it myself so...

However, that being said, I do like the idea of starting a new year with a new store for like some sort of New Year present.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

@Ariel- Well, if you are willing to do the activity check audit, and don't mind the work, we can go about it.

What are your thought on the rukh system and additions for black rukh?

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think there is an intrinsic problem with white rukh and black rukh itself. Namely, there seems to be this idea that your rukh determines your moral alignment. The thing is alignment does not correlate with rukh type and vise versa. An evil character can easily believe in fate, likewise, a good character can easily reject fate. Without a doubt, those who take their grief to anger are definitely inclined to reject fate but just because people grieve doesn't necessarily mean their rukh is instantly black. If we can't create (fairly) morally neutral perks then I would rather just get rid of the Rukh System entirely. (Don't get rid of rukh itself, but the perks.)

In the case of BMV, I'm not saying we should get rid of the whole 'you gotta do something truly despicable' requirement. Because you truly should do a despicable action - otherwise what reason would the Contractor have to give you a BMV? However, I'd like to make it more clear that Rukh does not determine your moral compass.

At least, as of now the perks only seem to accommodate those of the extreme ends of morality. I'd like to bring in some more ambivalent moral perks.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

If the AC shop becomes a thing it should start fresh as veteran players already have a big enough advantage over new members. This would give the New members a chance to catch up a bit.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I like the idea of the activity check shop as I've stated in the chat. The problem I am currently facing is trying to find a way to make it fair.

I don't want to give trait points out willy nilly but I think it would be a good way to distribute them because let's be honest, they are quite scarce.

I could add a field to the profile that could contain AC points which could be the reward instead of huang. In the shop, we could opt to purchase huang or other rewards like coupons.

However, the question is: Do we have everyone start fresh or give them points for previous activity?

Also, while people with third classes get more trait points, I would like to dispel the thought that it is unfair. Don't forget that they will never get the benefit of two Omega tier classes. That's a big deal. Even though not all classes are all too great at Omega tier, we plan to change that. Any ideas on that matter would be extremely welcome.

As for the Rukh System concept that you suggested, I'm still indifferent about it. I don't like having to add even more currency / statistics than we already have. I was even reluctant with the activity check currency.

I do agree that something needs to be done with the system, though. I'll keep this idea in mind for when we touch upon it because even I forget about the system a lot. Hearing that everyone else forgets about it seems to be a problem to me. I'm just very reluctant to add any sort of stat or currency since we can't automate a lot of it (without a proper plugin which I don't have the programming knowledge to make) unlike on other forum hosts.

With the system, I want it to be in a way that it doesn't punish those with either rukh based off of their moral alignment but rather rewards both sides of the spectrum.

So, we wouldn't punish people that are good w/ black rukh or bad w/ white rukh. Though, I don't want to punish it in an opposite fashion as well.

But by all means, feel free to keep discussing everything with everyone. It helps in every way, shape, and form.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Knuckles Shi | I would, for the most part, agree with you - but the main reason I would like to allow points to be given out is to reward people for their past hard work and their dedication to this site. It would be kind of rude to brush them aside after all. Now granted, I'm extremely biased here (we both are tbh) but like... At least come up with something so that our past activity isn't being wiped away, y'know?

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

I can see that side of it, but veterans were already given something for being active. You have things we will never have access to not you yourself but in general (Weapons, items, Dungeons completed etc) while new members how to climb up before we can even access to the good stuff. This isn't really a way to even the playing field per say, but it allows the newer members a chance to catch up in a way besides rank alone. If Vets feel they should be compensated for past efforts, I suggest some extra slots for skills or something of that nature.

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Knuckles Shi | Jeez, I feel so old being called a 'vet'. But seriously, a lot of the members on this site are still fairly new, myself included. If you want to talk old, look at the pre-Yaku members XD. okay okay im not that new but look at jingyi - she joined this year and she's already better that me ;w;

But anyway, please don't think I speak for everyone >.< Because I don't. I'm sure there are plenty of older members who wouldn't have any problem starting from a blank slate. Honestly, I'm being rather childish wanting some sort of recognition for our (my) effort, especially since it wouldn't be fair in the least bit to our newest members.

The best course of action would probably be to start with a blank slate.

----

I am of the opinion this should be in place of the 25k. We could get huang from participating in the past activity check and the four thread thing - but not if we participated in the past two activity check. But it's not that bad! Because we'll be able to accumulate points this way. In the AC Shop we can allow members to use points to get huang in return (although it wouldn't be the other way around). If you're confused, let me give examples.

Account Names: Ariel, Rain, Matthew
Activity Proof: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Reward: Ariel
Past Activity: -
Activity confirmed and 10k rewarded.

Past Activity: [previous thread]
Activity confirmed and 20k rewarded.

Past Activity: [previous ac] [ac before the previous]
Activity confirmed and 1 point rewarded.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I like that, Ariel. I think having different combinations for different rewards would be a good idea. They wouldn't get the point but they wouldn't be punished.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

That was what i had in mind..... sorta for the activity check

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Not sure if anyone values my opinion around here, but here it is:

Activity Checks

Changing up the reward structure for activity checks is a great idea and could be a nice change of pace. The best idea put forward was gaining some kind of point currency you can use to exchange for rewards. Maybe you only need one thread to pass the activity check, but you're allowed to submit up to four a month. For every thread you submit you gain one point which can then be exchanged for preset rewards listed in that months activity check. Then you can gain an addition point for the previous months AC and the one before that.

Depending on how crazy you want to get, you could make the number of general threads limited at 1 and then have the other two points be obtained by meeting that month's "bonus threads" which could work kind of like a scavenger hunt in a sense. Every month you make a new bonus thread requirement like, "Participate in a travel thread" or "Break an equal tier opponent's weapon in the coliseum" maybe ask the members what sort of bonus challenges they'd like to see if the idea takes.

As for rewards, I think they should mainly be exp and huang. If you want to offer a monthly prize to the top poster for that month, then things like trait points, magic tools, pets, and the like should totally be on the table. Maybe with the condition that no one can "win" the prize more than 4 times a year.

Either way, I think that the rewards, the points, and the activity check itself should just all be handled in that one thread. Instead of making a separate shop, just use a template that includes the shop into the activity check. When a player submits their threads, just have the template also include how they plan to spend their points that month. That way staff can just look at that information, confirm the threads, and then give the reward all at once.

List the winners of every month in the AC posts as well so it'll be easy to keep track of who won last and for how many months.

The Rukh System

Not sure why Ariel brought up the morality of those with black rukh, but just to clarify I wanted to note that the Rukh Systems state:

Spoiler:

Also, I'm User 26 Ariel, and about a dozen of the user accounts made before me were staff NPCs. There are no Pre-Yaku members! Zadi is one of the few who got here like a day before me...>.>

Anyways, addressing the actual rukh system, I would suggest that there isn't really anything wrong with it so much as, it's buried in a sea of systems pages and everyone just sort of forgot it was a thing. I'm sure that once someone starts using it in threads with other people, they will start using it too.

That being said, if you DO want to put a point system on it then I have a suggestion. Instead of players accumulating points, have each region accumulate the points instead. It would be like influence points but it would actually mean something.

Basically upon completing a thread you submit for whether or not you think your actions should raise the white or black rukh counter for that region. If approved, staff goes to a stickied thread in that region's job board and adjusts the counter. I think the two counters should be separate rather than opposite ends of the scale. So both sides could max out. IC that would probably end up in some kind of internal conflict within the region until the extreme rukh presence is resolved.

Once a month, reduce the rukh counters each by 1 unless a major plot event occurs to resolve some of the rukh there. Or come up with some other way to make the points in a region drop so they aren't just maxed all the time.

But at least you wont have to manage everyone's individual profiles and instead just incorporate it into your current job template approval process.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum