Jahan's warrior moveset

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jahan's warrior moveset on 31/08/17, 10:37 pm

DELICIOUS!
Tier: C
Class:Warrior
Type: offensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The move can only be safely performed on weapons within breakable damage
Scaling:Damage
Sustain: -
Cool Down:2
Cost:20
Description:

A viciouz attack to a weapon, Jahan Inflicts C tier damage a weapon he bares his fangs on.

Watch Closely
Tier: B
Class: Warrior
Type: offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks:It must be performed with a light bladed weapon. Jaja must assume a stance, then rhythmically pass the blade to his other hand.
Scaling: Damage
Jahan raises his blade upwards in a rythmic motion which aesthetically produces an afterimage. He then passes his blade to his other hand, before striking at his opponents eyes with his sword at blinding speeds; to deal C tier damage.

Flying Dragon
Type:Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks:Jahan must have both hands free to use this technique
Scaling: damage
Cool Down:3
Cost: 30
Description:

Jahan jumps into the air performing a flying armbar with deadly accuracy. This is done by jumping, crossing the legs around the target arm, grasping it and applying pressure to the elbow joints. Gravity and weight will bring the targets arm down, from where they can be rolled over. The Submission inflicts C tier damage.

Utility Aerial
Class:Warrior
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close 1-4 meters
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be performed in mid air
Scaling: Range
Cool Down:2
Description:

An aerial flip done in order to put yourself 1-5 meters between an opponent, usually done over the shoulder of a target. This is useful for dodging and zoning attacks.

Last edited by Emperor JaJa on 15/10/17, 07:46 pm; edited 12 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

2 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 05/09/17, 11:14 pm

bump

View user profile

3 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 06/09/17, 10:13 am

Rima Fahim

β-Tier
β-Tier
Shadow Hunter - An ability like this would work a lot better as just a dash that works like the rolls on our site. So you’ll essentially be tapping into a bit more strength, to dash...let’s say like 5-meters in w/e direction you choose. Additionally, you’re not gonna be able to scale this with speed. (Since speed isn’t really a thing in the current systems anymore.)

Watch Closely - You literally just put two gifs for this ability. We still need some sort of description XD.

Flying Dragon - Requirements/Drawbacks are gonna need to be a bit more specific, such as simply specifying what sort of stance your character has to enter before doing said action. Also, if you plan on having this ability do C-Tier damage, it’s not gonna be able to be used as a sort of CC ability as well. You’ll need to make this ability work as a sort of flip, or as a C-Tier damaging move.

Walking - This ability doesn’t have any requirements/drawbacks. Next up, this ability sort of seems useless to me. You can accomplish just about the exact same thing through basic means.

Protect ya Neck! - This ability doesn’t have any requirements/drawbacks. I have no clue what this ability is supposed to be doing. You’re swinging the blade, only to clash with the target’s blade? (If they even have one?)

Shatter Solar - This ability doesn’t have any requirements/drawbacks.

---
Traits Points: 3/6
Shards of Solomon: x2
View user profile

4 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 07/09/17, 11:02 pm

Ok so first sorry about the unfinished, ridiculous mess I posted for you originally. I was just trying to test the system because Warrior class abilities are tricky. I also had some weird inspiration so these are some of the weirder things I thought might be useful. Like "Walking", I thought it would be useful to have a low tier close combat evasion ability based on footwork. Since thats how its done irl, I know it was gonna be weird though in writing. Also added the drawback that you need to be on solid ground, and be balanced.

Utility Aerial is one I added and probably another weird one, I thought it would be cool to have some Air moves, and Utility Aerial is basically another evasion type ability but its done as as a flip.

For "Shadow Hunter", should I just describe it as "Jahan dashes forth 5ms to get behind a target?.

Protect ya Neck - Im thinking of this like a parry. In the actual movie this gif takes place from the Swordsman "Nanashi", counters an enemies sword by slicing accurately upwards the sword, changing its direction slightly but more so making it unsafe for his enemy to continue with the strike.

Added Requirements and drawbacks, I thought the move would be good for high attacks because it puts me right beneath the center line. Though it would also be accurate to say this would be dangerous to use when encountered with a low flying strike, as jahans head would be in perfect range.

View user profile

5 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 10/09/17, 09:44 pm

Merrze

A-Tier
A-Tier
For Shadow Hunter it would be good to include the distance you are moving, since in range you should normally have, close, short, medium or long as per the guidelines.

Watch Closely: This ability is fine for the most part, but remember the afterimage is mainly for effect, someone could still find away to react and block.

Flying Dragon: For the requirements you should add something like, both players must be on solid ground in order for the ability to work.

Protect ya neck: If the ability is a parry then it needs to be defensive. If you want it to be damage ability like that and keep its damage. You could edited to where in the requirements you could add something along the lines "Used when colliding weapons" So that way its a similar effect but not technically a parry because you're not redirecting an attack Also allowing you to put to abilities into a combo encase you clashed using a sword slice.

Utility Aerial: Is it a flip done mid air? If so, you could add to the requirements that the user must be in the air first, like jumping before hand then using it. Or using something to propel yourself wile in the air like another person or object.

Merrze's Vault of Wonders
View user profile

6 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 11/09/17, 02:05 pm

bump

View user profile

7 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 12/09/17, 03:37 pm

Merrze

A-Tier
A-Tier
Shadow Hunter: Just need to add how far you're moving in the ability's description.

View user profile

8 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 15/09/17, 12:00 pm

Bump

View user profile

9 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 18/09/17, 02:20 pm

Amaya

β-Tier
β-Tier
Heya Jaja. I want to work on getting some proper requirements and drawbacks involved in your abilites so... idk here goes somethin.

DELICIOUS!: Honestly not sure how to grade this one. I'll get back to you.

Watch Closely: Denoting a weapon type doesn't work for a drawback. If you're looking for something more like the gif, you could have the requirement be something like "Jaja must assume a stance, then rhythmically pass the blade to his other hand." (Note, that's just a suggestion. There are tons of other options, so feel free to do something more your style.)

Flying Dragon: You can't use "Must be on solid ground" as the only drawback. A more appropriate drawback would be something like "Jahan must have both hands free to use this technique," as that would require you to quickly sheathe your weapon to pin someone properly. (Note, that's just a suggestion. There are tons of other options, so feel free to do something more your style.)

Walking: Walking is something that could literally be done via fluff. If you'd like to keep it an ability, you'll need to change the drawback (again, being on solid ground isn't an acceptable requirement.)

Protect ya neck: This requirement is fine. I would word it as "Must be clashing a melee strike" so you can also slap around Body Manips with it.

As for the rest. Please stop adding abilities to this thread, as we will ignore them going forward. We're going to cap you at 5 abilities to a graded thread here, so you'll need to make a second thread for Shatter Solar - Matrix shuffle. The grading will never get done otherwise.

View user profile

10 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 29/09/17, 08:05 pm

bump

View user profile

11 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 01/10/17, 07:24 pm

DELICIOUS!

Description: Just state that you're applying C Tier damage to whatever weapon you're biting.

Watch Closely

Description: You wouldn't be able to create after images unless you were moving the sword extremely fast.

This ability is too complicated for a C Tier ability. I would be alright with it being B Tier. Only because of the speed you have in this ability is extremely fast.

Where you state that you must move it to your other hand in the requirements / drawbacks does not match up with the description. Please make sure that you have that movement here as well.

Flying Dragon

Description: You don't need the last part of the last sentence because you are not limited to scaling damage up to B Tier. You can go up to A Tier. "... but may scaled to do B tier damage to Elbow joints."

Walking

Description: Please add how far you're moving using this ability in the description. Keep in mind, you can't apply your natural strength and speed to your abilities. They are only taken into consideration while grading your abilities.

However, D Tier moves aren't meant to be fast nor very strong by themselves. You can't create after images or make this as fast as you want to.

Utility Aerial

Description: I'm not sure what this ability is doing aside from maybe evading a potential attack. Try to be more clear about this in the description. If so, I would ask you to re-evaluate your scaling as it does not make any sense.

ALT - Setekh Fahim | Totodilo
View user profile http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/

12 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 15/10/17, 07:46 pm

bump

View user profile

13 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 16/10/17, 04:37 pm

I made slight edits to some of them. (I will re-add the images. I just removed them for ease of reading.) Please bump if you approve of these changes. If you have any questions, message me.

Utility Aerial makes no sense to me. I will DM you to provide myself with more clarity. Unfortunately, the GIF doesn't do much for my understanding.

DELICIOUS!
Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: The move can only be performed on weapons within breakable damage.
Cool Down: 2
Description:

A viciouz attack to a weapon, Jahan inflicts C Tier damage a weapon he bares his fangs on.

Watch Closely
Tier: B
Requirements/Drawbacks: It must be performed with a bladed weapon. Jaja must assume a stance and then rhythmically pass the blade to his other hand.
Jahan raises his blade upwards in a rhythmic motion which aesthetically produces an afterimage. He then passes his blade to his other hand, before striking at his opponents eyes with his sword at blinding speeds; to deal B Tier damage.

Flying Dragon
Requirements/Drawbacks: Jahan must have both hands free to use this technique.
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30
Description:

Jahan jumps into the air, performing a flying arm-bar with deadly accuracy. This is done by jumping, crossing the legs around the target arm, grasping it and applying pressure to the elbow joints. Gravity and weight will bring the targets arm down to where they can be rolled over. The submission inflicts C tier damage.

ALT - Setekh Fahim | Totodilo
View user profile http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/

14 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset on 19/11/17, 12:36 pm

bump i love them

View user profile

15 Re: Jahan's warrior moveset Yesterday at 10:09 am

Merrze

A-Tier
A-Tier
Utility Aerial: I understand what you're trying to do here and I kinda get some of the confusion some people have. Maybe for the description you can say something like "While in the air the user can push off someone flipping over them 1-5m in order to dodge or get past an opponent,

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum