You are not connected. Please login or register

Colors of the Wind [ Private | Rima ]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Diana watched as he casted his magic. She always found herself in awe of those who had this gift. It was a dream of hers to weild even a fraction of their power yet the only satisfaction she has had left her wanting more. Her hand reached out to an orange, fluttering being that presented itself to her for just a brief moment. As her finger touched it, it was gone. They had created a screen that began to show pictures. It felt as if she was on the outside looking into a life of another.

There were two children, backing away, afraid. Diana covered her mouth with her hands. Part of her knew the small girl who desperately clung to the boy in front of her before Yamato even spoke a word. It was Rima. She had never seen her in such terror. What was it that this masked man invoked? Who was he? What was his purpose of being there? These were questions left unanswered. "Rima..." She wanted to help them but what he was showing her was the past. Rima was no longer small and what was presumably her brother was long gone or so she thought.

Tears welled in her eyes. She didn't know if she was joyful or afraid. "What happened to him? Where did he go?" Diana did not want answers but there was a slight chance Yamato would give them to her. To find Setekh was what she swore to Rima on the day that she found out what her friend had been searching for. But would it be too late?
✦ 2000 / 2000 | class training | @Rima Fahim

──────────────────────────────────────────────

ALT - Setekh Fahim | Totodilo
View user profile http://www.porsef.tumblr.com/

rima fahim
With another click from his fingers, the screen would begin changing once again. Moving from a stand-still image of two frightened children, to a moving-image of a  young brown-haired man fighting back the strong winds of a desert. Yamato would not need to explain to Diana who this man was. His appearance was obviously that of a much more matured version of Rima’s brother; Setekh.

“My clairvoyance magic is powerful, but I would need a more recent source to find out the older details. Presumably though, it was something to do with this ‘masked man’.” Yamato would state, his fingers toying with an aged ring he had brought out of his pocket. This ring was the same one that Rima had found during her journey with Diana. The time they had saved that village from a trio of horrible masked people.

“There’s a lot of information that’s missing. My question though, is who are these recurring masked freaks, and why do they want Rima so badly?” As Yamato went on, that’s when a sudden idea popped into his mind. Despite being a self-proclaimed genius at this kind of stuff, there was still something incredibly important he had been blindly forgetting about this entire time.

What if he were to attempt viewing the past of the mask Rima still had in her bag?

Concealing the surprise on his face, he would continue talking to Diana as if nothing happened. He didn’t want to raise her hopes up in the case of something terrible happening if he were to view it alongside her. He would simply keep this information to himself for the time being.

“Right, I presume that you’re disappointed by the fact that I don’t know exactly what happened to him. However, that’s not the point right now. It’s the simple fact that he is actually still out there, possibly still searching for his own sister.” Yamato’s voice would begin to trail off again, the imagery on his screen starting to take a darker hue as if it were now made of shadows.

If Diana had anything to say, he would simply grant her just enough time to respond. This moment of silence would not last for long, as Yamato’s face would soon turn to an expression of absolute grim. -- “I know that Rima’s brother should be top priority right now, and it would be too...if it weren’t for what I have seen within that girl’s dreams.” Yamato’s voice would take a short pause as he gave himself a small window of time to sigh.

“I-I’m not exactly sure how to put this, other than to be outright blunt with you. I have been bothered by this simple fact all night, and it was the sole reason I wasn’t able to get a wink of sleep.” -- “Rima has something living within her body. A black mass that is slowly consuming her conscious, or so I can only assume.”

magoi ( 380 / 380 )stamina ( 80 / 80 )
word count ( ??? )notes ( text / here )

---
Traits Points: 5/8
Shards of Solomon: x2
View user profile
The image changed to show an older Setekh, traversing a land she had never seen before. If he was in that place, there was no hope for them to find him in Kou. Yamato explained to Diana that he did not know much beyond this. She turned from him, pondering her own questions. Her heart was breaking for Rima. The pain she had felt, what she endured. It felt greater than her own. "We will find out what we can, when we can. It is good to know he is still alive." She turned back towards him, eager to hear what else he had to say.

His face had turned grim. It was a new look for him and it made her feel uneasy. However, what he said made her body go numb in fear. "Y-You're lying. It was just a dream, wasn't it? That's not possible." She backed a few paces away from him in disbelief. If he was telling the truth, what did it mean? "Yamato, you must help her," her voice cracked.

She held her throat gently, hanging her head in shame. Her pride was shattered. It felt as if she could do nothing for Rima and it aggravated her. "Please." She was nearly begging but there was nothing else she could do. However, Diana couldn't bare to face him in this moment, her gaze wandered around her surroundings. "There must be something you can do."

rima fahim
Watching Diana change from being calm, to practically begging him for assistance was a sight that Yamato never wanted to see. The amount of pain she was going through because of this knowledge was almost too much for him to witness. He could feel as his chest became heavy with guilt, almost as if he were being affected by his own gravity magic.

He wanted nothing more than to help Rima and Diana. However, he was unsure of his ability to remove this ‘thing’ from the girl’s body. He’s seen what this ‘black blood’ is capable of, the horrors that come from letting it grow inside of your body for too long. The host’s body will slowly transform and begin to take on a more inhuman form, something twisted and clearly not of this world. It is something that he wouldn’t even wish upon his worst enemies.

As he took a moment to himself, Yamato would place his hand upon his chin in thought. -- “I’m not confident that I actually possess the ability to cleanse this ‘thing’ from her.” The magician would sigh, scratching the back of his head as his mind flurried with hundreds of different ideas. “My healing magic isn’t the issue here, it’s just, I honestly don’t have a clue on where to start. It’s not like I can just...extract this creature from her body. From my understanding, this thing literally takes over the blood cells within one’s body.” Yamato couldn’t help but shudder at the mere thought of it.

“Here’s the thing though, Diana. This ‘black blood’ that Rima has contracted, it has the nasty habit of mutating the host it resides in.” -- “So, that’s where things stop making sense to me. If she had been infected by this stuff in the past, why hasn’t she changed already? I mean, the nightmare she had was not a good sign, obviously. However, from what i’m able to see, it’s not like she’s changed any physically. Maybe a little bit of a mental shifting as of late, but I think that’s mainly due to her being so frightened by all of this."

Yamato was at a loss for words. He wanted to sit Diana down and tell her that everything was going to be alright. He just wasn’t able to claim that with confidence, though. On the bright side, it’s not like Rima had been showing any signs of being truly ill, other than the fever she had whilst dreaming yesterday.

“I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but I think we only have two options here.” Yamato would take a moment to breathe, thinking over his words carefully before continuing. “I know someone that might be able to tell us more about this thing within Rima. This person though, they’re not exactly in Kou at the moment. Last I checked, I believe they might still be living in Reim. -- I would try contacting them through my clairvoyance magic, but he’s sort of really good at avoiding that kind of stuff. Our best chance of getting into contact with him would simply be going in-person. You know how long that would take though...”

“As for option number two, I don’t really like it myself, but it might be our best bet. Basically though, we could just try waiting everything out to see if anything really does happen to her. Perhaps, maybe, just maybe, I might be able to concoct a spell to kill the thing within her. That brings Rima to great risk though, so it’s really not that safe.”

“One way or another, it’s not going to be easy nor will it be immediate. We will need to wait it out either way…” -- “What do you think we should do, Diana? I’m trying my best here, those are the only two options we have though. I’ve tried thinking this all out, but nothing else comes to mind.”

---
View user profile
She didn't understand much of what he was telling her. The information was too much for her to process in a single span of time. Was this thing in her body truly uncurable? Diana hadn't the slightest idea what it was. Yamato seemed to know more. She knew it would be for the best that the information was withheld. Her hand carressed the ribbon like scars on her left arm. Was she infected as well? There was little way for her to tell. She had no nightmares to prove it's existance. Only those of the souls long gone from her life. Their last memories etched into her brain.

He gave her options which were both unsatisfying. Either way they would have to wait. Yamato would look to her for an answer. In the end, everything fell on her. No matter how much she didn't want it, there were people who depended on her. These people followed her and sought guidance. Her eyelids flickered as she gazed wearily at the ground. "Is there no other way?" Her voice was but a whisper to be carried off by the wind. Her chest felt heavy. A few tears streamed down her face as she pulled the robes tighter. Their constrictions on her skin relieved a bit of the pain she was feeling.

"I don't know."

Diana couldn't bare the thought of losing her to this curse. But as a leader and her friend, she had to make a choice. She turned to the river, sitting at it's bank. Her bare legs dipped into the cool water. Diana held her breath, clenching her teeth as she tried to hold back her tears. But eventually, they came out. She wept like she was mourning; like she had already lost. Diana struggled a few words through her sorrow, "We must wait." It pained her to pass such a command through her lips. First, it was Nahvi and her sister Valuna. Now it was Rima whom she felt she had sentenced to certain death. Reim was too far away and a boat would not leave for the capital for a long time.

rima fahim
Yamato was unsure of what to say next. His words seemed to come out like poison, slowly killing Diana in the process. Forcing the decision on her like that was the wrong thing to do, and he could only hang his head in shame because of it. Taking a few steps forward to where she had re-positioned herself, the screen of light he had created would begin to fade away into the chilling wind.

He would slowly place his right hand upon her shoulder, in order to give some form of physical comfort. “Please, not all hope is lost. I think we’re both underestimating what Rima is capable of. Here, let me give you an example of what I mean…” Yamato would say in a soothing voice, taking a seat next to her by the bank of the river.

“It's almost been an entire month since that village incident, where I had formally met Rima for the first time. To my knowledge, this is the first time she has been experiencing anything related to that ‘thing’ inside of her. However, this ‘black blood’ stuff is a lot more fast-acting than that, at least from my own experience. There were eight girls in total from that village, each one transformed into some sort of inhuman creature within a single hour. A single hour.  So, why hasn’t this happened to Rima yet? I can only assume that she’s somehow managed to tame it, or something. Maybe tame isn’t the right word, but more-so fought back hard enough to put it into remission.”

Yamato would take moment to catch his breath, clearing his throat before continuing. “There’s no way to be sure of it, but I think our girl might have the upper-hand in this fight. We both need to keep in mind of the monstrous potential she holds as a magician. Who knows, maybe when this is all over, she will be the one using it as a weapon.” In all reality, Yamato hadn’t a clue if what he was saying was even possible. However, he would keep a confident face and make sure his words were inspiring to the Fanalis.

He wasn’t lying about his confidence in Rima’s strength. Would she be able to take hold of this parasite within her? Yamato did not have the answer to that. However, he was to do anything in his power to help Diana fight back these emotions. In the end, maybe it was wrong for him to tell her any of this. Wrong or not though, he needed help from her. She was the only other person he had met that might stand a chance fighting against this masked cult.

If Diana would allow, Yamato wished to warmly embrace her by giving her a big meaningful hug.

---
View user profile
Diana placed her head in her hands, her elbows resting upon her knees. He sat next to her, his tone was now more calming than before. She was going through a roller coaster of emotions. Her ears mainly picked up the soothing flow of the river, his voice sounded slightly muffled but she still heard him. After his explanation, she felt a bit better. "She isn't a Corvus for no reason." A weakened smile formed on her lips as she looked up from her hands. It was clear she was still feeling somber from her expression but a bit of light had returned to her face.

"There’s no way to be sure of it, but I think our girl might have the upper-hand in this fight. We both need to keep in mind of the monstrous potential she holds as a magician. Who knows, maybe when this is all over, she will be the one using it as a weapon."

"I hope that is the case."

She allowed him to place his arms around her to hug her. Diana turned to return it. While it felt a bit uncomfortable to be so close to someone she came so close to breaking before, it was comforting as well. She rested her chin on his shoulder, taking a deep breath. "Thank you," she whispered, withdrawing from the hug. Diana tucked her hair behind her ears and looked back up towards him, their eyes meeting for a moment. "Ah... I think we should get going." She felt embarrassed, averting her gaze.

rima fahim

As the two embraced each other, there was obviously a bit of tension at the beginning. This awkwardness would slowly fade into something warm and meaningful, though. For Yamato to position himself so close to someone who nearly killed him, on two separate occasions, was unheard of. He had always been a man to keep his guard up. However, something about Diana seemed different to him than others.  

“Right, of course.” Yamato would laugh, retracting both of his arms from Diana. The hug was nice. Despite it being primarily to comfort Diana, Yamato couldn’t help but feel a new warmth now ablaze in his heart. So, this was how it felt to bond with another? It had been far too long for the magician, in truth. This was something he needed as well.

As the moment faded with time, Yamato’s senses would begin returning back to normal. -- “By the way, I think I saw some sort of animal den a little ways back. I really don’t care what kind of animal it is, it’s gotta be better than fish.” Yamato would say, his tone somewhere in between a joke and being absolutely serious about the matter. Which in reality, at this point Yamato was disgusted with fish. He’s been eating nothing but fish for weeks now, he needed something different.

---
View user profile
Diana brushed herself off after getting up from the riverside. "We can see if there are any eggs in the nest-- or we could stumble upon a boar," she said. The lower part of the robe she was wearing stuck to her legs. She looked down and laughed in a short breath. "You might have to take care of the hunt." Diana would turn to keep going, struggling a bit to walk in the damp robe. It would be good for them to change their diet. She had a prerogative to spar with Yamato a bit more in the future.

As the weeks passed by, Diana kept up her studies. She learned more and more about the mysterious butterflies that existed in her company. They were independent, coming and going as they pleased. But she was able to command them through a snap of her finger, using their nature to guide their actions. She spent a great deal of this time alongside Yamato, teaching him the ways of the tamer and learning new things about magic she had never known before.

She watched Rima grow into a true tamer while silently observing her behavior. Her companion did not show much sign of her condition worsening. However, it did not improve. Despite being worried, they would continue their journey in pursuit of the masked man.

[ EXIT FOR BOTH OF US? ]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum