Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Nail
Tier: D
Class: Magician
Type: Offensive
Range: Short (3 m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: This attack must originate from a finger, and travel in a straight line. The user must simply grip the staff tightly to use this spell.
Scaling: Damage: The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested. (Caps at A-tier)
Sustain: -
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10 magoi, (5)
Description:

The user cultivates life magic and instructs the Rukh to "grow" around his fingernail. A sharp nail suddenly extends to 3 m in about a second, dealing D-tier damage.

Fist
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium (10 m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must slash there staff in the direction the fist will attack from (swiping right to left would conjure a right hook, for instance).
Scaling: Hits: The number of projectiles will double for every 10 magoi that is invested.
Description:

The user instructs the Rukh to rapidly grow dead skin cells, creating a floating fist within 10 m that deals D-tier damage. Dissolves immediately after striking or being struck.

Mend
Type: All
Range: Self, Touch
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user waves the staff over the injured area in a circle.
Scaling: Damage: The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested. (Caps at A-tier)
Description:

A purple light bleeds from the user's staff, which heals D-tier damage on contact. As the staff circles over the wound(s), the purple energy falls like a lazy mist.

Callous
Type: Supplementary
Range: Self
Requirements/Drawbacks: - Must hold the staff and mutter the name of the spell. During the duration, the user's speed and strength are halved due to the rigidity of the callous.
Scaling: Damage
Description: The user commands the rukh to cultivate a large callous over his entire body, like armor. For one post, a single instance of D-tier damage is nullified, while C-tier damage is reduced to D-tier damage, and so on - after taking sufficient damage, the callous crumbles into something like dandruff and drifts away. Scaling increases this damage threshold.

Wither
Tier: C
Type: All
Range: Medium (10 m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user strikes an 'X' in the air or ground with their staff while looking at the target to cast this spell.
Scaling: Duration: The amount of posts the ability can last for will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested.
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20 magoi, (10)
Description:

The Rukh are told to rapidly "grow" the skin of the opponent, or in other words, age it, temporarily. For the duration, the aged body moves twice as slowly. Lasts 2 posts.

Last edited by Azmot on 19/06/17, 10:34 am; edited 11 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Vault
View user profile

2 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 13/06/17, 04:16 am

Rima Fahim

β-Tier
β-Tier

• General - I would suggest putting a sort of staff/wand movement on all of these spells, you can reference how I do my abilities if you need an example. ^^

• Nail - This ability should be just fine, however you’re going to need to state an exact maximum range for this ability, instead of just “maximum short range”. Also, you don’t really have to add the whole material thing. Instead, just state that it does D-Tier damage or some singular basic effect.

• Fist -  You don’t need such a large drawback on this ability, I’d refer back to how you did your nail ability. Then state an exact maximum range like the first ability.

• Heal - You still need some kind of requirement/drawback for this, such as movement of your staff. Also, I would suggest scaling this with damage instead. (it has the same effect, just trust me on this one.) Then beef up the description a bit, including what you do with your wand/staff or w/e.

• Doppel - While this ability isn’t exactly a bad concept, I would suggest either waiting to make this a higher tier, or a different magic type. Such as perfect illusion magic, or something along those lines.

• Hinder - Needs a requirement/drawback like heal.

View user profile

3 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 13/06/17, 04:32 am

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Fixed(?) ~

Vault
View user profile

4 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 16/06/17, 03:04 am

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
bump

Vault
View user profile

5 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 16/06/17, 03:52 am

Rima Fahim

β-Tier
β-Tier
If you will, make sure you put magoi next to the cost of the spell. Just so things don't get mixed up.

Chimera's Curse - This ability would last for 1 post, not 2. Also, what is going to be the main use for this spell? I'm just curious.

View user profile

6 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 16/06/17, 09:48 am

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Added~

Well, Chimera's Curse probably has the most in-combat uses out of any of the abilities, even if it's not that strong damage-wise. It can disarm, trip, and even blind my opponent, depending on where the arm comes from and what it does (it can come from the opponents elbow and take a hold of their blade, from the torso or legs and grab an opponents leg, or even from the neck/torso to cover/gouge the opponents eyes).

Vault
View user profile

7 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 16/06/17, 07:21 pm

Rima Fahim

β-Tier
β-Tier
Alright, I've given it a little bit of thought. As a requirement for the Chimera's Curse, make it so you actually have to touch the place you want the arm to grow. After that, I think we're good to go!

View user profile

8 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 17/06/17, 01:18 pm

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Is there any way I could modify the ability to keep it at short range as opposed to touch? If it's not possible at this tier, I'll just change it to something else.

Vault
View user profile

9 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 17/06/17, 11:26 pm

Rima Fahim

β-Tier
β-Tier
Growing an entire functioning arm is already a stretch at this tier. I've recently made an ability that is somewhat similar, but will be used for a different purpose. Plus, I don't have the ability to actually control the limb that I put on other people. It's more of a utility kind of ability. It's just a kind of iffy concept, so I'm going to have to limit it to physical touch only. Even then, I might be making a mistake by giving you full control over it.

View user profile

10 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 18/06/17, 12:43 am

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Thank you for the help! I ended up changing it, though. Will be reworking into a higher tier spell c:

Vault
View user profile

11 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 18/06/17, 08:50 am

Anti-Life Pulse - Please explain how it interferes with your senses. I strongly advise you do not use percentages at all. The effects should be minor, as this is only a D-Tier ability.

View user profile http://snowykcnomre.deviantart.com

12 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 18/06/17, 01:58 pm

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Sorry for my indecisiveness, but i changed it yet again x.x i'm still trying to get familiar with the allowances of the system, please forgive me

Vault
View user profile

13 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 18/06/17, 06:49 pm

Callous - Just add it lasts for one post and you should be good to go~

14 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 18/06/17, 08:32 pm

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
Fixed :)

Vault
View user profile

15 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 19/06/17, 02:02 am

Rima Fahim

β-Tier
β-Tier
Callous - With the requirement/drawback you have for this, I think it's fine we let you negate any form of damage with this. However, you're not going to be able to block ALL D-Tier damage for a single post. If anything, the callous should shatter upon taking a single instance of D-Tier damage. Then, perhaps you could change the scaling from duration to damage. (Which would let you to buff up the amount of damage you can defend from during that one post.) Just a suggestion on the scaling part, though.

Side Note: Also, don't feel bad about the issues you may have getting these approved. While our systems aren't SUPER complicated, it's really nice to do this now and know these things for the future. <3

View user profile

16 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 19/06/17, 10:35 am

Azmot

D-Tier
D-Tier
I fixed Callous, and followed your very helpful suggestion. Thank you!

Side note: Double thanks c:

Vault
View user profile

17 Re: [Starting Abilities], Azmot on 19/06/17, 11:23 am

Approved

Code:
[center][b]Nail[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short (3 m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] This attack must originate from a finger, and travel in a straight line. The user must simply grip the staff tightly to use this spell.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage: The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested. (Caps at A-tier)
[b]Sustain:[/b] -
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 magoi, (5)
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
The user cultivates life magic and instructs the Rukh to "grow" around his fingernail. A sharp nail suddenly extends to 3 m in about a second, dealing D-tier damage.[/list]

[center][b]Fist[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium (10 m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must slash there staff in the direction the fist will attack from (swiping right to left would conjure a right hook, for instance).
[b]Scaling:[/b] Hits: The number of projectiles will double for every 10 magoi that is invested.
[list]
The user instructs the Rukh to rapidly grow dead skin cells, creating a floating fist within 10 m that deals D-tier damage. Dissolves immediately after striking or being struck.[/list]

[center][b]Mend[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] All
[b]Range:[/b] Self, Touch
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user waves the staff over the injured area in a circle.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage: The tier of damage dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested. (Caps at A-tier)
[list]
A purple light bleeds from the user's staff, which heals D-tier damage on contact. As the staff circles over the wound(s), the purple energy falls like a lazy mist.[/list]

[center][b]Callous[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] - Must hold the staff and mutter the name of the spell. During the duration, the user's speed and strength are halved due to the rigidity of the callous.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Description:[/b] The user commands the rukh to cultivate a large callous over his entire body, like armor. For one post, a single instance of D-tier damage is nullified, while C-tier damage is reduced to D-tier damage, and so on - after taking sufficient damage, the callous crumbles into something like dandruff and drifts away. Scaling increases this damage threshold.

[center][b]Wither[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] All
[b]Range:[/b] Medium (10 m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user strikes an 'X' in the air or ground with their staff while looking at the target to cast this spell.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Duration: The amount of posts the ability can last for will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 magoi, (10)
[list]
The Rukh are told to rapidly "grow" the skin of the opponent, or in other words, age it, temporarily. For the duration, the aged body moves twice as slowly. Lasts 2 posts.[/list]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum