A-Tier
A-Tier

Training:

====================================

- [ Leo De Dei Montem De Dei ] -

[ magoi: 400 ]
[ stamina: 175 ]

”Schwartz! Let go of my arm, now!” As the white magician pulled him along, Ariel tugged at his hand with an infuriated growl. The nerve of Schwartz had prompted him to randomly approach Ariel one day, grab his hand tightly, and drag him to the other side of the campus. ”What’s going on?”

”You’ll find out sooner if you’ll stop struggling,” Schwartz murmured. Ariel snorted. What Schwartz thought as struggling Ariel intended as a warning and a question. Struggling indicated attempts to free oneself through sheer force. But though in a battle of magic Schwartz rode with the upper hand by his side, Ariel’s training surely paid off for physically he remained stronger than Schwartz.

verbum comitem
[ cxv // mm ]
word count [ 115 // 2000 ]

note; the npcs i am using are kohanna and channelieshe roth

Weapon(s):

Last edited by Ariel Harel on 02/07/17, 07:31 pm; edited 4 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”Hey, this is the examination grounds,” Ariel said. He drilled into the back of Schwartz’s head with a wary glare.

”So it is. Your point being?” he answered uneasily.

Ariel halted immediately. He stabbed his feet into the ground. Despite Schwartz’s further attempts to drag the stubborn magician, he seemed to be moving nowhere.

”Honestly, the lengths you force me to go to!” Schwartz chuckled. In front of him, Ariel watched as the head of brown hair shook to the side and a pale hand pulled out a silver wand. Immediately, he pulled away, only to be burned. ”What the hell, old man!?” Ariel demanded.

verbum comitem
[ ccxx // mm ]
word count [ 220 // 2000 ]

Last edited by Ariel Harel on 02/07/17, 07:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”So, here are your options. Come with me or be burned.” Schwartz turned his head towards Ariel. ”Burned more. Doesn’t that sound appealing? He tilted his head in a childish spirit, and he smiled innocently at the infuriated magician.

”That sounds utterly frightening. You sound utterly frightening,” Ariel incredulously muttered. He stared at Schwartz with a look conveying something along the lines of ‘is that really a question you needed to ask?’ Schwartz laughed. Whether it was his words or his look, Ariel didn’t know.

”Why thank you. I’ll take that as a ‘yes, I'll stop struggling’. Now come along,” Schwartz smugly said.

Under his breath, Ariel muttered, “Bastard.”

verbum comitem
[ cccxxix // mm ]
word count [ 329 // 2000 ]

note;

Last edited by Ariel Harel on 02/07/17, 07:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

The three competitors sat in a line and in silence. Ariel watched his - he supposed, enemies - with a quiet curiosity. A girl and a boy. The girl he knew of as Channelieshe Roth. He distinctly recalled working with her. Well, not really working with her so much as for her. He had pulled all the weight while she sipped her tea like a dainty princess. He swore she thought she owned the world. The boy he knew distantly. He had never talked to the blue-haired magician for he rarely attended classes in the first place. Anyway, he purposefully avoided Kohanna - as his name was - because the Imuchakk looking boy seemed too much like a goody two shoes.

verbum comitem
[ cdxlvi // mm ]
word count [ 446 // 2000 ]

Last edited by Ariel Harel on 02/07/17, 07:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”Hm? What do you mean by that? Is it not obvious?”

”I mean, I’d think they’d pair us up by age or skill. It is a touch surprising to see an older student attending the 2rd Kodor Test. Especially seeing as I’ve only seen you sparsely in class.”

”I was probably thrown in at the last minute.” Ariel shrugged and rolled his head back. He stared lazily off into space, wondering why the kid cared so much.

verbum comitem
[ dxlviii // mm]
word count [ 548 //2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”N-no, I mean, well, usually it’s the younger kids attending the second kodor exams. Not… people in their mid-twenties.” The blue-haired magician eyes wandered to the ground, uneased by the presence of the older man.

”I spent six years evading the exams.” Ariel made a casual waving motion with his hand. The only reason he would even be slightly interested in the exams was for its library. However, seeing as he had access to the library anyway, he never saw the point of participating in the exams. As for the lingering threat of being kicked out? Well, considering he still attended Magnostadt Academy...

Kohanna’s head shot up. ”Huh? Wait, why? Why would you waste all your time as just a 3rd kodor student. I’d take the exam as soon as I could. There are more classes-”

verbum comitem
[ dclxxxiv // mm ]
word count [ 684 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”Exactly. More responsibilities and obligations I don’t care to have,” Ariel cut him off.

Kohanna ‘tch’ed. ”That is rather irresponsible of you. Aren’t you supposed to be an adult?”

”You’re kidding me, right? Surely you don’t automatically expect adults to be responsible.”

”Well-”

He shook his head. How silly of the white magician. ”If we were so responsible, the world wouldn’t be such a shitty place.”

”I’ve heard of you. Ariel Harel, right? You’re the one everyone grumbles about. The one who never attends class but nonetheless… They say you’ve bribed your professors to get such good grades.”

”I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m sort of poor. I don’t think that’s quite possible.”

verbum comitem
[ dccxcix // mm ]
word count [ 799 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariel watched Kohanna’s brows furrow as the blue magician took the new information into consideration. He noted how Kohanna’s eyes seemed particularly fixed at his clothes. For a moment he felt self-conscious. His skin prickled, realizing how his clothes clung to his skeleton. It suddenly occurred to him just how thin he was - and god, maybe he needed to eat a little more. He barely spared any time for his necessities. They slipped his mind, caught up in the passionate fevor of quiet excitement. Hence, his unhealthy appearance. No, that was silly - he probably needed to eat a little more, yes - but him? Self-conscious? Still, the blue-eyed boy’s judging stare was terribly uncomfortable to be under.

verbum comitem
[ cmxviii // mm ]
word count [ 918 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”Nonetheless, I don’t trust you. But I suppose we’ll see your worth on the battlefield soon enough. I hope you’re good enough,” Kohanna warned.

”Oh, so today’s Judgement Day? Lovely,” the black magician muttered.

He glanced further down the line to the so-far silent participant. Although, he felt she was not worth worrying about, jumping into battle without a plan lowered his odds of surviving. If they teamed up - well he wouldn’t want today to be the day Miss Roth proved her worth. God, what a pain to think about. A prodigy in the field of theory, no doubt. She posed a threat in the debate room, but otherwise, her theories could not save her without proper skill paired. There were two possibilities the battle might follow. Kohanna and Channelieshe could team up against him, or Kohanna could do him a favor and take care of her. All the better if Channelieshe managed to somehow knock Kohanna out. Channelieshe would definitely want to team up with Kohanna, so he would rather take care of Channelieshe first than risk a team up of Kohanna and Roth.

verbum comitem
[ mciv // mm ]
word count [ 1104 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Now, for the blue-haired kid, maybe temporarily disabling him and then taking advantage of his momentary weakness? A quick and clean battle or at least as clean as a fight could be. There remained a small flaw in his plan, however. Namely, he did not specialize in such debilitating spells. His arsenal of actions allowed him a more offensive and combative role than a supportive position. So, that plan was out the window. However, it did bring up something he ought to work on. His mind immediately wandered to gravity magic. Perhaps by creating a strong point of gravity below the object of his attention, it could draw his....target - and reluctantly he used such a cold term - to the ground, preventing them from moving. But it still allowed room to move, and if he so happened to use it on a long-ranged opponent, they still could attack him. But if he created more points around them, the opposite forced would completely immobilize his opponent.

verbum comitem
[ mcclxx // mm ]
word count [ 1270 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”And you- you’re Channelieshe Roth, right?” the white magician politely asked. Ariel’s head swiveled toward the blue-haired speaker, noting how much softer his tone was toward the girl in comparison to his tone toward Ariel. After having taken in Kohanna’s kind behavior toward the yellow magician, his focus shifted to the mentioned yellow magician sitting further down, next to Kohanna. Raspberry-colored eyes stared confused at the blue-eyed magician.

”That is correct. I am Channelieshe Roth.” She tilted her head, gazing curiously upon the young magician. Her face sketched out a serious smile. ”You are possibly the Kohanna I have heard of? Have I not seen you before?” she asked.

verbum comitem
[ mccclxxix // mm ]
word count [ 1379 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”Between classes, perhaps?” Kohanna suggested. He smiled kindly at Roth, much to Ariel disgruntlement. Oh yes, go treat the girl your age with respect, but treat the older man with disgust.

Channelieshe nodded. ”That sounds about right. Yes, most likely I have seen you pass in the hallways,” she agreed.

Ariel almost added something further, but he forced the rude comment down. No need to aggravate his opponents after all. Instead, he looked away prepared to spend the rest of the time gleaning his thoughts. Note the ‘prepared’. His change to ponder and deliberate upon his situation slipped away when Miss Roth addressed him.

verbum comitem
[ mcdlxxxiii // mm ]
word count [ 1483 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

”Sir, you are Ariel Harel,” Roth said. A statement, not a question, Ariel noted. Although, what sort of question would that even be? Of course he was Ariel Harel. In fact, had not Kohanna mentioned his name earlier?

He glanced at Roth. ”I’d say so. And you are Channelieshe Roth,” he affirmed and turned her statement upon her.

Ariel turned his head away, again preparing to gather his thoughts. Too bad a teacher poked his head in to inform the three contestants the exam was about to begin. ”So come along. They’ll call you out all at once. But the exam won’t start until they say ‘go’, understood? Now, go on, you’ll be waiting on different sides of the arena. It won’t be long now,” the teacher explained.

verbum comitem
[ mdcxi // mm ]
word count [ 1611 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariel stared out into the arena, his brow turned down, highlighting his frustration. Petulantly, he considered purposefully losing just to reduce Schwartz’s persistence into a puddle of fruitless endeavoring. Yet the remainder of his pride depended on a win. With his pride at stake, he waved away the tempting idea of losing in spite.

”...Ariel Harel...” The magician jolted to his feet in surprise. His ears had tuned out the announcer’s ramblings, but they immediately latched onto his name and pulled him up to his feet.

He continued to ignore the chance to frustrate Schwartz which so blatantly presented itself, even as it stumbled after him into the arena.

verbum comitem
[ mdcxi // mm ]
word count [ 1720 // 2000 ]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

ARIEL HAREL

("i’m not some fucking show you go to when you’re bored, dammit!")

HE GRIPPED HIS STAFF LEANING LAZILY NEXT TO HIM. FROM THE ARENA’S SIDES HE SPOTTED MANY STUDENTS LEANING FORWARD IN THEIR SEATS. ALL LOOKING TO REVIEW UPCOMING STUDENTS AND THE COMPETITION AWAITING THEM. HE GRIMACED AT THE HOST OF ONLOOKERS. OF COURSE A LARGE CROWD GATHERED. HE SHOT A DARK GLARE AT ONE INDIVIDUAL IN THE FRONT SEATS WHOM HE IMMEDIATELY RECOGNIZED AS SCHWARTZ. THAT BASTARD - THE REASON HE FOUND HIMSELF MISERABLE PARTICIPATING IN THE TIME-CONSUMING KODOR TESTS. HE SIGHED. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE HAD ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAT TO WATCH THREE STUDENTS BATTLE IT OUT FOR POSITIONS IN MAGNOSTADT’S FAMOUS ACADEMY? UGH - WHAT A NUISANCE. HE DECIDED HE WOULD KNOCK OUT THE COMPETITION QUICKLY. NO NEED TO FURTHER PROLONG THE SPECTACLE WHICH THE CROWD FORCED HIM TO ACT AS.
( hover over stat titles )
MAGOI | WORDS | STAMINA

Last edited by Ariel-chan on 01/12/17, 07:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

ARIEL HAREL

("and so day has come - the day of truth and lies uncovered.")

"YOU LOOK BORED," THE WHITE MAGICIAN BEGAN. ARIEL ROSE A BROW AT HIS OPPONENT WHO STARED AT HIM FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARENA. DESPITE THE GAP, HE EASILY HEARD KOHANNA'S LOUD ADDRESSMENT TO HIM. SO, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO HEARD, HE LOOKED FORWARD TO KOHANNA'S POINT. SURELY THE RESPONSIBLE, LEVEL-HEADED MAGICIAN HAD NOT JUST COMMENTED ON HIS STATE OF EMOTIONS [ or lack of emotions ] JUST TO FILL IN THE NON-EXISTENT SILENCE. JUDGING BY THE BLUE-HAIRED BOY'S TONE A CHALLENGE WOULD SOON FOLLOW. HE FLICKED HIS STAFF UP AND AROUND. IT SPUN IN THE AIR BEFORE LANDING NEATLY IN HIS OUTSTRETCHED HAND. HE TILTED HIS HEAD, QUESTIONING KOHANNA'S MOTIVES. "DON'T WORRY, IT WON'T BE LONG NOW," HE PLEASANTLY FINISHED WITH. BUT THOUGH HE SOUNDED KIND, ARIEL COULD HEAR THE THREAT BENEATH THE COMFORTING WORDS. IT WON'T BE LONG NOW - BEFORE JUDGEMENT CRASHES DOWN ON HIM. HE RESISTED THE SIGH WHICH TEMPTED TO ESCAPE HIS MOUTH.
MAGOI | WORDS | STAMINA

Last edited by Ariel-chan on 01/12/17, 07:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

ARIEL HAREL

("absolutely no one ever said he fights nobly.")

THE MOMENT THE ANNOUNCER ORDERED THE COMMENCE OF THEIR FIGHT, ARIEL AGGRESSIVELY MOVED FORWARD. WARILY HE REGARDED THE POSSIBLE ALLIANCE OF ROTH AND KOHANNA. HE DARED NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE PAIR EITHER - FOR ARROGANCE BROUGHT DOWN THE POWERFUL. VIGILANCE AGAINST THREATS ENDANGERING HIS CHANCE OF WINNING REQUIRED THE MINDSET WHICH DECLARED EVERYONE AND THING AS POTENTIAL THREATS TO ELIMINATE AS WELL AS EXPLOIT. A MIND OF THE CUNNING AND DISHONORABLE. RELIEVING THEN THAT HE CARED LITTLE FOR HONOR, THE IDEA OF SUCH AMUSING - BUT NOT IN A POSITIVE MANNER. HONOR CARRIED EMPTY VALUE FOR THE DEAD. IN THE EYES OF THE DESPERATE IT STOOD AS AN OBSTACLE BETWEEN THEM AND THEIR GOAL. SWIFT LIFE ENDED TOO QUICKLY FOR ANYONE TO PLACE CARE IN HUMAN DELUSIONS LIKE HONOR.

MAGOI | WORDS | STAMINA

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

He fixated a steady stare on Miss Roth. Take her down first. Otherwise, having a pest constantly attack him as he attempted to take down the other one would irritate him. A swift attack would surely knock the delicate Roth out. He once fought with (for) her during a match-up requiring newer students to face off against older students in a mock battle. His assessment of her delicacy rooted itself in his experience involving the theoretical prodigy. Little chance he concluded wrong - he already witnessed for himself her strength - or rather, weakness. But he wouldn't risk it by simply skirting the edges and casting a basic spell. No need to make it lethal, but neither could he afford to only bruise her. A bruise would not take her out. Thankfully, he had just the spell to accomplish the task at hand.

2270/2000

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

It had all been lined up.

He had an all but guaranteed shot.

But something happened—someone happened, and he missed. And——

"Ariel! Watch out!

The urgency of that voice caught him off guard. And therein his failing; that one moment of distraction and the sound of a scream pummelled your ears. He heard another scream—sob. A cry of 'no.'

That was his 'no'.

His cry.

And when a strong current slammed against his body, his body fell to the waves, caught off guard and unable to brace against the overwhelming force. (And even if he could, he probably wouldn't.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum