5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Faction System Empty Faction System 07/05/17, 08:49 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

LINK TO GOOGLE DOCUMENT

I have been working on a system for groups, factions, organizations, whatever you want to call them for a long time. However, I won't take all of the credit. Rima and Neo / Adrastos have given me a lot of ideas about the system and I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without them. Here, I will link a document showing the work we have so far. Feel free to comment on it or suggest edits. It's a huge work in progress but here is what I wish to plan for it:

A Perk System

I want a certain incentive to join a faction and stay active within it. However, it's a bit of a rough idea right now. At first, I thought that traits and items would be a good idea. After discussing it, the idea turned to mush. It was a decent plan but... overall, it wouldn't work. After all, someone took away the traits for Fanalis Corps and such for a reason. Most likely a good one.

If anyone has any ideas of how we could do some sort of reward system, I'm all ears. If not, that's fine as well. I feel the way I finally decided to set it up is good.

Freedom of Choice

The way I've decided to set it up is where it'll be an approval system to get the faction approved but then leaders will be able to set up a vault like thread for their faction and manage it from there. That way it will create less work for staff and more freedom for people to manage their own factions the way they want to.

However, if we introduce a rewards system or perhaps just let people give mundane items, teach traits or abilities, etc. If we do decide to incorporate such a system, we'll need to work around the freedom.

If there is anything you may think that will improve this system, please add in your suggestions. I would certainly love to see what you all have in mind. This is something that I truly believe that the site is missing and could change the way a lot of things work.

I would really like to introduce this system sooner than later and not have it placed on the back burner. There are a lot of things I wish to do but this is one of the bigger projects that I need a lot of help on! Thank you!

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 08/05/17, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Faction System 001
Faction System 002Faction System 003

2Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 07/05/17, 10:32 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Other than to accumulate members and keep members, I don't see a reason to actually have tangible rewards/perks for being in a faction. And besides, if the only reason someone might join a faction is to have said rewards/perks, then this system might end up breaking itself and creating a bunch of small, very specific groups/factions intent on giving themselves the best rewards/perks. Obviously this depends on the actual rewards/perks able to be given, but I hope you get the sum of what I'm trying to say.

However, I'm not saying that this system shouldn't exist (which you've probably understood anyway). Officially registering groups/factions/etc is a great way to help new players and existing players understand certain site plots (maybe) and dipping their toes into said site plot (maybe). Being a part of something official also feels good (to me at least). I have the group I set up on the fly and I think it feels kinda official, but only official to those who know it exists OOC which is pretty much only those I have invited into the group or have follow the group's shenanigans (which there are little of atm). If the group were to be officially registered, then maybe it could gain influence the way I intended it to~

Anyway, I hope I'm not one of the only few who posts on this suggestion. Please strip your opinion naked and post...

3Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 07/05/17, 10:42 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ah! Good opinion! As for the rewards / perks, I definately want to avoid what you had said. I don't want them to be super important to where people will just flock to one faction because they have the best rewards / perks.

If anything, I feel that any rewards / perks would be plot only or simple social traits / abilities. If we even went that far. I was thinking more or less letting people purchase sub-forums for their faction. Obviously, there will be a steep price for it because I plan on introducing a sort of... banking system for it where people can pour huang into their faction banks. (I actually had just written up details for this in the google doc so if you want more clarification, you can look there.)

But yeah. The main reason I really want to push this out is because a lot of the factions on the site that have plot... kind of got lost. Not a lot of people (at least newer folk) don't really know about them or their history and it takes a lot of Q&A to even find out how they affected the site plot. So, I feel like this will open up a lot of new opportunities for people to make huge factions and maybe one day possibly involve it in the site plot. :D

Faction System 001

4Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 08/05/17, 05:12 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There were only two factions in existence that offered perks when people joined. Both originated from the Reim empire, one of them being mine. It wasn't a waste to have perks from being in the faction, they earned i through the wc training thread to maintain their status. When it came consecutively, they ranked up and had access to another skill. There were three abilities in total, none of them were that broken. On top of that, the items weren't just mundane, the rights to the potions i made either lowered the cost of b rank or lower potions because of the system i set up, gave everyone a sphere of communication because I had it mass produced, or offered new products to the table. Rewards originated from me in some kind of way through ic establishment.

There is no mystery who removed them, Yaku did, not Ariella I don't know what "good reason" you are talking about, "because i can" is the only reason I can see that transpired from that. However, even if a small handful, i had members and it worked in a way. But it failed anyway, because of a combination of things. I left for a while and regarding the system itself, it was a hot potato complex as to where if you dropped the ball(miss your wc training), you go down a rank.

So maybe WC for membership isn't the way to do it. Maybe not anymore, but i was only explaining from my side as a person who created a faction of some time that was joinable and wasn't race locked, like the fanalis corps. I think there is too many factions, even the dark hand, too many when you include what we already have that's locked to a degree.If i reiterate what neo said in passing, it would be hard enough to get a lot of people into one group where they can work together, like a bit of black rukh pc's in some kind of evil org. If anything, id want to avoid the split up. I could do without the system if everyone doesn't have an incentive to being in the same pc group, because it would mean more if we had that, as well as a reason to work together. i'd alternate my own plans just so i could do that and not become a part of the problem. (AKA, lessen the amount of groups)

So far, i like how the system flows between it's typing. "Idk how the dark hand would fit"

Faction System CrChE3t

Faction System LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

5Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 08/05/17, 06:05 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

The only reason there is a word count for joining a faction is to protect against those who want to hop factions willy nilly in addition to ensuring that there is at least a little bit of plot in terms of joining. Same thing goes with leaving and creating a faction.

There aren't even that many factions that are even open to the public like you said. So, you can't turn around and say there are too many. Especially when there will probably be a few of them that turn up dead / inactive which I'm sure will happen. This is not counting things such as the Fanalis Corps.

From what I've seen from herself, Neo is in favor of these systems currently. While she is correct that it may be hard for people to accumulate members, it's not impossible.

You're saying you want to avoid a split up but we literally already have factions. This is just a way to put it on paper, so to speak. A way to have it written down like an archive so if you've done anything important with your faction, current and even future staff can have a gander. Instead of running around like headless chickens trying to find plot posts and piecing together scattered plot.

From what I know of the Dark Hand, I feel in the system I'm trying to create... it would be either a Social faction. Unless it deals heavily with politics but does the experiment thing on the side. Then it would be a Political.

Aside from all that, I'm sure I misunderstood some of the things you were saying since it's a reoccurring thing between us but thank you for your input regardless.

Faction System 001

6Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 08/05/17, 05:36 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ok, so the google doc has changed quite a lot since I last posted here and I'm getting a little worried about how much important and detail is being put into this faction system. Someone brought up something during chat which may or may not have been a joke, but I think it's worth mentioning on a serious level; reminding me a lot of Fairy Tail and its guilds.

If too much detail and importance is put into a faction system, then I'm personally afraid this site might end up reminding me more of one series more so than Magi. Sure, we are an AU Magiverse and we can do basically whatever we want, but at some point a line will be crossed that cannot be crossed again.

Again, this may just be me, but I think the faction system could do without;

• Wordcounts
  • Any mention of rewards
  • Any mention of perks (limb amputation isn't a perk anyway)
  • Any mention of Huang
  • No bank
  • No type/status
  • No min/max on number of leaders
  • No money/shop thing
  • Anything else that crosses the "bare bones" line

I could go into great detail into why I wouldn't want that stuff in a faction system for this site, but I'd probably see a lot of tl;dr

Simply put, I think we only need a bare bones faction system which kinda blurs the lines between "system" and "sign-up sheet". Sure we'd run the risk of people joining/leaving factions willy nilly, but if there are no rewards or perks to begin with, why care? A bare bones faction system is simply;

A faction template and the vault for the faction to chronicle their shenanigans and keep track of their active members.

7Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 08/05/17, 07:39 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

While it would be a bad step to start introducing things that are unique to a different anime/manga to Magi World, I don't think all this needs to be cut out. Just because Fairy Tail features a guild, that does not mean that we can't have guilds or group. The real problem would be if Magi World started ripping actual wizarding guilds from Fairy Tail and implementing them here.

The word counts are more or less needed to build a plot and show progress, not just to prevent them from joining/leaving willy nilly. The 500-word requirements to joining and leaving are necessary because a faction is an organization. People learn about organizations, talk to the members, and if they want to, join. It isn't a snap of the fingers progress, and if a character decides to join a faction, they won't just think so and be in one.

I don't really have any objects to no rewards or haung for joining a faction since it's not necessary. The same goes for a bank, I was just suggesting that a faction could have one if a faction needed to sink money to reach their goal (such as a faction that's trying to build a country. That requires money, and it would be nice if they had a bank to store that money) or if they wanted to save money to buy supplies for their members. But the perks you're mentioning are social abilities that don't give anyone a leg up on something else.

The faction types are to help identify what they're there for, and it relates to the purpose of the faction. Military groups are just mercenary groups, fighting units, etc who operate with a country's military. Political factions are factions who relate to the inner workings of a country, such as political cabinets, schools, and trading companies. Social factions are clubs, cults, and even small guilds who are just themselves and revolve around a goal. If you're searching for something specific, it's easier to see what type of faction it is rather than read its entire description.

Each faction needs at least one leader to help keep it orginized, and the amount of leaders it has most likely relates to what kind of faction it is and their goals. If it's some sort of religious cult, they may have a group of leaders while a trading company faction may have just one.

The money/shop thing is just going to be something to sink your money in to. One of the examples is buying a special tag (like the race tags) that identifies your character as a part of that group or buying a sub-form that acts as a base of operations for your faction.

Because this isn't just a sign up sheet for a group of people to rp together. There's nothing wrong with introducing organizations to Magi World, because we do have organizations in Magi. Sinbad started off as a trading company (which would be a political faction with the system). We have Al Thamen, bandit groups, and the Fanalis Corps. Sure, Fairy Tail has guilds, but those guilds are groups of wizards under a magic counsil that do errands and jobs for their country. These are organizations that have specific goals and purposes and may have nothing to do with a country or its government.

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

8Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 09/05/17, 01:13 pm

Dylan Peak

Dylan Peak
C-Tier
C-Tier

Great work af. Very Happy

Faction System YCMlGbV

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]