A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

====================================

- [ Leo De Dei Montem De Dei ] -

[ magoi: 320 ]
[ stamina: 155 ]

Dark eyelashes closed down upon golden brown orbs. A head heavied by a mop of brown, unkempt hair hung downward and sprawled across the table. Like the leaves of a willow tree, his hair fell like a canopy from the meaningless realm beyond. The soft chatter of uncaring students over the professor's monotonous lecture barely reached Ariel in his misty tire. Anything anyone said didn't even manage to reach him in his little space surrounded by a rather definite barrier of... hair. Redish brown eyes watched the sleeping magician with a distasteful yet resigned stare. As if he had expected the sort from Ariel. To be honest, a sleeping Ariel was better than the alternative - an argumentative Ariel. Even so... he would definitely be talking to his little brother afterward.

verbum comitem
[ cxxx // md ]
word count [ 130 // 1500 ]

Weapon(s):

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Merari

Merari
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Excuse me, Merari?" A quiet voice said, a gentle hand placing itself on his shoulder that drew the boy out of his book. Blinking his eyes, he raised his head and cocked it to the side, the Magician in question fixing his gaze on his teacher. The woman cleared her voice as she pulled her hand away and set down some papers ruffled inside two files. "You don't seem to be too busy at the moment, so could you do me a favor and run these down to Mr. Harel's classroom? He may have some students in there, and there are other classes so make sure you're quiet in the halls."

Pushing back his chair, the Magician was careful to not let it scrape across the ground. There was a pleasant smile on his face as he picked up the files, careful to not let the papers fall through his fingers. "Mr. Harel? I'll be right back," Merari replied as he stepped around his chair and used his hip to scoot it back in. His teacher nodded and headed back to her desk as he walked towards the door. Shifting the papers in his arms, he opened the door and quietly stepped out into the hall.

Using his foot to nudge the door close, Merari began to walk down the hall. His footsteps were muffled as the Green Magician was careful not to make a sound. He didn't want to be held up by some teacher because he made some distracting noise, he thought with a huff.

Turning around the corner, he paused briefly to cast a look around. Recognizing which hall he needed to go down, he continued to walk. The files were held close to his chest, and as he walked his head was held downcast. Merari occasionally looked up to check that each door he passed wasn't the door he needed.

His feet stopped in front of a door, a plate identifying it as Mr. Harel's classroom. Moving the folders under an arm, Merari raised a fist and rapped it smartly against the door. He then tried the doorknob, and upon finding that it was unlocked, he opened the door by a crack. From his spot, he could see some of the students sitting in the front row, along with the teacher itself.

"Ah, excuse me, Mr. Harel?" He inquired with a polite smile on his face. With almost stiff movements, he opened the door wider as he held out the files that he carried with him, "Ms. Dumin wanted me to run these down to you."

Details:

Demons From The Sky [ Merari / Job ] GpknUaW

{ Main : Jingyi Hou }
{ Alts: Amatus & Kallias }

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

[ magoi: 320 ]

The door open and came a teenager of about sixteen with long hair to rival Ariel's own, although it was obvious who took better care of their hair (Merari). From the settling of students and his older brother's lecture cut short, he lifted his head curiously. It was that young green magician again. He appeared rather stiff and almost as if there were a million other places he would rather be. He greeted Ariel's older brother rather rigidly, much to the black magician's amusement. Ariel relished in watching his older brother silently suffer. While his brother much preferred polite people, he simply was not use to dealing with them, having grown up with his less than agreeable brothers. Encounters with people like the green magician always turned awkward for Eli.

"Er, thank you. Um, what are these...? Oh! Um, please tell Ms. Dumin thank you."

Ariel eyed the files curiously. He wondered if the stuck up boy knew of its contents. He was tempted to bother Merari until he had answers. A delighted smile slithered its way onto his face. He stood up and without restraint, walked out of the classroom, much to his brother's fierce ire.

verbum comitem
[ cccxxvii // md ]
word count [ 327 // 1500 ]

Merari

Merari
C-Tier
C-Tier

"Oh, I don't believe she mentioned what they were," Merari admitted with a slight shrug of his shoulders as he looked up at the teacher. If he had to guess about the files' contents, they were most likely something relating to some magical study and whatnot.

Once he was sure that Mr. Harel was done with him, the Green Magician offered him a salutation that he hoped wasn't too cheery for the situation. Exiting the class, Merari quickly peeked at the students within. One of them struck him as familiar, but seeing how he had to get back to class, Merari paid it no mind and closed the door.

Backing away from the classroom, Merari then turned when he heard a door opening and closing behind him. Pausing midstep, Merari glanced over his shoulder to look at the person who had followed him out. It was the student who seemed familiar, with long brown hair that was obviously unkempt. For a moment, Merari imagined his own hair in the same state of the other man's hair, causing him to shiver.

It was now the reason why he seemed so familiar dawned on Merari, causing his brows to furrow together. If he remembered correctly, he was chasing down a book thief when he came out of somewhere and took the man down. If their first encounter meant anything, he was clearly more powerful than Merari. So, the best course of action in his opinion was to be careful around him.

"Ah, is there anything I can do to help you?" Merari inquired with a tilt of his head, one of his eyebrows pricking upwards. One of his hands slipped into his pocket as Merari made sure that he wore a polite smile. Hopefully, it was something minor and that he would be able to get back to class.

WC/Details:

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

[ magoi: 480 ]
[ stamina: 175 ]

"Well, I was wondering about the content of the content of those two files but I guess you don't know either. Speaking of which, you should visit him more. It's always fun to see Eli uncomfortable. He always has a stick stuck up his ass so he deserves feeling uncomfortable. But," Ariel frowned, "don't be so polite around me." He laughed without even a touch of humor and he smiled frigidly. His eyes strayed to the side like a regretting person might. On the barren walls poofy, swirling, and rigid dresses passed like a flying bird. Somewhere from his memories, the clashing of jewelry slathered upon the neck and wrists of a woman rang like a haunted ghost. He swore he felt the chilly and sticky feeling of blood on his hands. A metallic smell attacked his nose. But as he glanced down, he saw only his usual tan skin. No blood. He looked up. "It reminds me of those insincere minor nobles. I've always hated how fake they all are. Anyway, doesn't it get tiresome being so polite around people all the time?" he explained. He stared at Merari with keen hazel eyes.

verbum comitem
[ dxxi // md ]
word count [ 521 // 1500 ]

Merari

Merari
C-Tier
C-Tier

Merari looked up at Ariel as he talking, paying him some attention as he thought about the man's words. From the way he spoke, Eli was the teacher he had recently met, and the reason why the other Magician would want his teacher uncomfortable is no real mystery. He probably just disliked the teacher and rejoiced to see Professor Harel suffer when he can.

The man's following words weren't particularly chilling, but it was the laugh and the look that sent a shiver down his back. His laugh felt empty and fake to Merari, and the smile felt like it could freeze a person. And then he watched as Ariel looked to the side, obviously thinking or remembering something. For some reason, he glanced down at his hands, almost as if he was checking them for something before his head raised once more.

Staring back at Ariel, Merari felt his mouth go dry at the fake comment. His eyes made it all the worse. Clenching his fist that was within his comment, Merari lowered his gaze for a moment as he tried to ignore the sensation of his skin prickling. The man was probably just talking about something he didn't understand. He may be older, but he wasn't seeing through him, right?

The urge to deeply inhale was there, but Merari knew that it would be too shaky as if he was nervous. He wasn't nervous. He had no reason to be nervous around the man. Looking back up at the taller man, Merari just offered a sweet smile as he shrugged his shoulders.

All he had to do was keep it cool, seem boring, and hopefully, the man would leave him alone. "Oh, I don't think it does," Merari answered with a slight chuckle as he tried to put genuine emotion into the laughter, "I think it's just nice to use manners around others. Treat them with decency, you know? But if you want, I'll try not to... as you put it, be "so polite" around you." The white-haired boy answered, nodding his head to his words as he raised his free hand. Tucking some hair behind his ear, Merari's gaze strayed back down.

Notes:

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

[ magoi: 400 ]

Ariel's relationship with his older brother was... Complicated at best. As glad Ariel was to have all of his siblings (despite how much they pissed him off) he couldn't stand Eli's constant nagging. Not to mention the red magician had a bolstered sense of self-worth. He swore Eli thought the entire world would be better off under his command. As... amazing as Eli (vaguely) described such a rule, Ariel seriously doubted it would be anything but an ideal world. He could imagine it being more dystopian (yes, I know this idea wasn't even introduced until the 1500's, but for the sake of no other accurate term, I'm using it) with everything centered around a neat and organized schedule. The thing was, Eli's vision of a perfect world had many blemishes and flaws. One being the fact it did not take into account that human nature entailed more than the precision of numbers. The unstable emotions of humans would eventually cause great strive, exactly what a perfect world aimed to prevent. But Eli couldn't see any of that. He was too blinded by his ego to realize how dystopian-like his vision of a perfect world was.

"I think it's just nice to use manners around others. Treat them with decency, you know?"

He'd disagree with that statement any day; half his problems stemmed from the fact most of his human interactions flew south in the first few minutes of talking. He treated people with a blunt honesty that too easily caused many to leave the conversation feeling as though their day had just been thoroughly ruined by the straightforward magician. He found humans utterly baffling. Their actions made no whatsoever sense. Even so, he wasn't completely ignorant to the state of beings of others. Through his experiences and the many days be observed others with a confused stare, he had grown a level of insightfulness peculiar to his personality in the sense that he seemed to regard humanity as idiotic and best to leave it be, less one might find themselves sucked into a whirlpool of lies, violence, and a nesting ground of drama.

"People aren't nice just 'cause they're nice. They're nice because they think they can get something out of it," Ariel stated cynically. He didn't want to let the subject go, but just this once he changed the subject. "Out of curioisty, whose class are you in?"

verbum comitem
[ dccclxxi ]
word count [ 871 ]

Merari

Merari
C-Tier
C-Tier

Merari watched Ariel while he waited for him to say something, quietly pondering when the other Magician would let him leave. It wasn't fun, standing there under the stare of a pest. Though he had to admit that he was most likely much stronger than he was and starting a fight would be far from the right thing to do. The Green Mage was about to take a step back when the other began to talk, causing him to pause and listen politely.

While he wasn't lying about people being nice to get something out of it, Merari wasn't about to admit that to him. The less he said the faster he could get out of the situation, most likely. Pulling his hands out of his pockets, he crossed his arms over his chest. The next question rather surprised Merari, considering their previous topic, but at least it wasn't as heated.

"I'm from Miss Dumin's class," Merari answered, his head tilting slightly to the side as he looked up at Ariel. If the older Magician recognized the teacher then he would most likely know her as one of the 3rd Kodor teachers. "Is there anything else you wanted to know?" He inquired a moment later, hoping that the answer would be 'no'.

Nearby, a man little younger than Ariel peered around the corner, spotting the two Magicians. Gesturing to one of his companions, the failure of a student told the other to wait before lifting his wand. Muttering silently beneath his breath, a Shield of Wings made from light wrapped around his figure, blending him into his environment. Now that he was invisible for such a short time, the Orange Magician started to creep forwards, his feet making a slight sound against the ground. Once he was close enough, he would unleash his strongest spell against the two, with his backup close by in case the spell failed.

Notes:

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Oh, her? I recall having her, actually. It was my first year at Magnostadt. I don't think I was much older than you. Maybe a year or two more? I believe I had just turned 19 or 20 then."

He remembered distinctly that first year when he opened the door and immediately admitted to having no formal training in the art of reading and writing. He taught himself how to recognize the symbols of the alphabet and piece together letters to form words. At night he used to sneak into his master's private library (if they had one) and read by candlelight. He often brought a piece of wood or parchment if he managed to gain access to such a rarity. Usually, he stole the pen, the ink, and the material to write upon. To practice his handwriting, he would write each letter repeatedly even as his wrists protested loudly against the unfamiliar strokes. Silly Dumin assumed Ariel's low and humble beginnings stagnated his knowledge - that he needed special treatment otherwise he would never catch up with his fellow classmates. Determined to prove her wrong, to cast away the name of 'the new, dumb kid from the streets', he rose his head proudly and recited the history of a random battle (he forgot which since that first day) with a detailed explanation of why the battle contributed nothing to the ongoing war effort despite the general population assuming otherwise. Further upon, and after his lengthy argument, the period ended. Having accomplished little except listening to Ariel talk about a random battle nobody except a historian cared about, Dumin pulled him aside and coldly reprimanded him for squandering 'precious moments of learning' with his 'controversial' argument. He recalled apologizing with an equally cold stare, though he made it clear through his tone and body language that his apology guaranteed no change whatsoever. Afterward, he rarely attended class. The days he did, his fellow students groaned all around for they knew the class period would be spent with daggers, disguised as elegant speeches and arguments, thrown from each side of the Ariel and teacher conflict.

"Although she pretty much hated me. Not that I really cared. I wasn't often - I still am not - present for class. I don't see the point of wasting my time with the material I've heard and read a thousand times before. Plus Eli's reactions are always entertaining. He always goes and finds me and nags me about attending class afterward. It's a rather fun sight to see my dear, dear brother so flustered."

People talked too much, and they walked too much. An abundance of commotion filled the world every day. The clatter of each sunrise brought about headaches to gradually grace his mind with painful spikes. His ears bemoaned at the constant, torturous simulation. The changes happened in a linear fashion but swiftly like a stallion storming across open plains of vast, green and blue emptiness, giving him little time to prepare for the headaches to follow. Bleh. His head hurt. As usual and often, the thought of killing his eardrums tempted him with its promise of peace from the various sounds of chatter turned to a slushy consistency of static noise. Such a task only required one, ear-shattering sound spell. But no matter how enticing the end resulted presented itself, his hearing remained ever important. Losing his hearing also included losing his freedom, something he refused to relinquish so readily.

"Is there anything else you wanted to know?"

"Actually, I do have a question. How well can you fight? I think there are around seven of them behind the corner. They're about to attack us," he said, his voice dropping to a quiet murmur. He flicked his eyes up, indicating they approached from behind of Merari.

verbum comitem
[ mdviii // md ]
word count [ 1508 // 1500 ]

Merari

Merari
C-Tier
C-Tier

When he first answered the question about his professor, he didn't imagine it would draw such a long-winded answer. A number of students had her during their first year, seeing how she was one of the few teachers who taught students of his "grade". Though, it would seem that the man was much older than Merari was when he had Dumin himself. But, it was that way for many others due to just how young he was.

Merari couldn't understand why the man wanted to prattle so much to him. An excuse to not return to his brother's apparent class? The white-haired boy could care less about his attendance in class, though at least he was missing out on Dumin. While the Magician in front of him seemed like a parrot to Merari, at least he wasn't too boring to listen to. Or was there another reason for his chattering? Observation? To get rid of his boredom?

"Actually, I do have a question. How well can you fight? I think there are around seven of them behind the corner. They're about to attack us," Merari began to feel his body stiffening as he heard them, but he quickly stopped himself. He couldn't lose his nerve just because there was some seven people behind them. The pair of them were in a hall in an academy. If spells break loose, there are classrooms to rush into to take cover. Classrooms full of professors who could possibly help. Not to mention, Merari liked to imagine himself as somewhat capable of combat. Plus, there was another Magician right in front of him who, if he truly was the person who defeated the book thief, could handle the situation as well.

"I wouldn't call myself poor in combat, though I'm a little green," He answered truthfully in an equally quiet murmur; he did not have a whole lot of actual combat experience against humans/magicians other than classroom practical spell use, and he was a Green Magician.

In a quick motion, Merari grabbed Komori and pulled it out, turning on his heel to face what anticipated to be seven attackers. Merari could spot six who had immediately prepared to cast spells, but despite the fact that they were stationary, he heard the sound of footsteps, ones that were too loud and close to not belong to a seventh. A moment later he heard someone call the name of a spell.

Immediately Merari felt his Rukh flutter as his Borg formed, only for Just Light to smash against the Golden defense. Luckily for the little Magician, the foe's spell was just weak enough to not shatter it and continue forward. But that hardly mattered at the moment. Merari flippantly flipped Komori around so the lyre-like staff was right-side up before pointing its teeth forwards.

"Iesar!" Merari uttered, his staff turning in a circular motion as he did so. The effects of the spell were immediate, the Wind Rukh gathering up winds and manipulating it into a small tornado of wind that traveled forth. From the cries of someone becoming trapped within the spell's clutches, it would seem that some Orange Magician had turned himself invisible prior to the ambush.

WC: 534+1431= 1965/1500
Stamina: 60/60
Magoi: 220/240

Ability Used:

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

[ magoi: 315 ]

Other peoples' opinions of him never bothered him. For that reason, he rarely ventured an explanation to the other party. It consumed time and often it revealed more details than suitable for first time or enemy encounters. Whoever up in the sky running the show rarely blessed Ariel with the energy to speak long amounts of nonsense. Before anyone mistook him as quiet, Ariel spoke often but prattling befit him ill-wise. Only he had the right to hold himself accountable. But the green magician standing in front of him invoked a series of emotions. The first, and perhaps the most conflicting immediately jumped to anger. Understandably, he harbored a scornful view of those who deceived others without regret. His fingers twitched. (And he calls himself a pacifist, pft.) Restraining his righteous anger, reason (surprisingly he did possess some capability to reason) sought answers before a verdict passed. He might have rambled but not pointlessly. Not much of a confrontational sort of person, he noted. Almost a polar opposite of Ariel. He preferred another person's lack of love to that insane-driving, guilty feeling of betraying his values.

"Well, then be careful not to die. I imagine that would only add to my day useless time."

He glanced down at his person before cursing. "Shit..." Ugh, how could he have acted so recklessly? His wand laid on a desk in his brother's classroom. Oh well, he refused to return to class - especially not during an ambush (of sorts) like this! He trained under his insane younger brother's guidance for situations like this, where he did not have access to his staff or wand. Here was a chance for him to put his training into action.

"Hey, wait a second! I remember you. You're that kid who never went to class, and yet... You're still here!? That-! That makes me so angry to think about!"

"Am I now being accused of your failure...? That is rather pitiful." he murmured.

The red-head whipped his staff at Ariel. A beam of concentrated light poured out from the failing magician's wand. Ariel leaped out of the way, and he spun on his right leg, redirecting his path towards the furious orange magician. He aimed a sharp and precise flat handed strike at the throat.

”Dammit!”

Ariel glanced towards to the source of the noise. Golden eyes awaited the black magician. Suddenly, a bright light flashed from the magician. He winced and attempted to shield his eyes from the blinding light. Bright red spots dissipated to a bearable black. He could barely make out his enemies. His heartbeat increased rapidly. His mind dashed around the same track over and over. He couldn’t see. He couldn’t fucking see. That bright light had blinded him. He cursed. ‘G-get yourself under control,’ he shakily ordered himself. He couldn’t- not now. The moment he chased after those slaves, all those years ago, he forfeited the right to show any sign of weakness. In this sort of situation, his panicking could be the last mistake he ever made. He focused on his hearing. He had sharp hearing, so why not utilize it? He tilted his head. He made out the fervent gasps of the red-haired magician in front of him. To his left, he heard the dancing of feet moving closer. To his right, he heard a cry of surprise, panic, and pain. The ash-haired boy, he concluded, had cast a torrent of wind at one of the attackers.

His lack of sight caused him to resort to less graceful methods of knocking out his opponents. He ran towards his left, prepared to ram into his enemies. He nearly jerked back at the faint ghost of contact, but he stilled himself. As he collided with someone, he nearly fell. He stumbled over a large object and barely steadied himself afterward. But in the end, his close call was all in vain. A concentrated beam of light hit him directly on the back. The force behind it pushed him downward. His bones ached from slamming into one of his attackers, and the stinging burn on his back only served as a hindrance. He picked himself up quickly and turned around. He squinted, his vision clear enough to make out outlines and opaque colors. He glanced around, assessing the body count. If only he had his wand! They would all be down in a moment. Too bad he left it in the classroom. Oh well, he’d just have to do without it. Although, it would have been rather helpful to have it with him…

He moved forward, at a pair of orange magicians. As he reached one of the orange magicians, he sliced the air with his hand. The side of his hand hit the bone of the neck. As he withdrew his right hand, he formed a fist in his left hand and shot it forward. He grimaced. A hit to the human skull hurt for both the attacker and the receiver.

He glanced to the side as the other magician stepped forward. Ariel immediately skidded back. ”Doesn’t this seem really pointless?” he asked.

”We worked just as hard as anyone else, and yet… It’s so unfair how anyone could ever ditch classes and still remain a student, while the ones who actually worked hard were kicked out!”

The vindictive magician sent a spiral of light magic at Ariel. He winced at the sound of shattered glass, and he visibly flinched as golden shards flew past him. ”You don’t think I worked hard?” He flung himself forward and sent a quick punch that fell just short of its target. The light magician used this as an opportunity to counterattack with a wave of light. As he yanked himself back, the light caught up to him. He instinctively crossed his wrists, hands fisted, and arms up protecting his face.

”You didn’t need to work hard at all because you’re some genius!” the orange magician replied bitterly.

He had to try again. He thrusted himself into a forward and slightly diagonal fashion. From the corner of his eye, he saw the light magician turn his head. ”Talent can only take one so far.” The black magician instantly changed his direction, launching himself directly at the orange magician. He slammed into the man on his side. He turned around towards Merari, wondering how the green magician had fared.

verbum comitem
[ mmdvlxxi // md ]
word count [ 2571 // 1500 ]

Abilit(y/ies):

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

A pair of feet attempted to stealthily approach the weaponless magician. What a pitiful attempt. Really now, if they planned on creeping up on someone, they ought to try being quiet. He abruptly spun around, his left arm fully extended and his hand in a firm fist. His fist connected with skin immediately. However... for them to have managed to tip toe so closely without him noticing... And for the fourth or fifth time (actually at this point he really wasn't sure) he saw heaven - or at least a bright light. God, his bones were sore from having been beaten up by those goddamn flashing lights.

Annoyed and tired of fighting these pesky idiots, he didn't hesitate to return the orange magician's gift with a punch.

verbum comitem
[ mmdccii // md ]
word count [ 2702 // 1500 ]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum