Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Ah, Hello there! Empty Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 09:04 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

As you can see, I'm fairly new here-
Haven't even been here for less than twenty or so minutes.
But I'm looking for possible friends as well as help with my character and the site.
Hello

2Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 09:21 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hey there! Glad you've decided to join our site ^.^, if you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me about them. OR, feel free to join our discord channel and ask away! We'd be happy to answer any questions you have on there.~ Also, just as a fair warning. I've noticied in the side of your profile you've put multiple magic types already, one being "Limited Time and Space Magic" I'm sorry to be the first to disapoint you, but on our site I don't think you'll be getting that in any shape or way. Also, a Magician can only start out with one magic type, they get more as they rank up.~

Anywho, hope you enjoy the site, friend! 8D

3Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 09:23 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hey! Welcome to the site! :D

If you need any help with anything feel free to PM myself or one of the other moderators. You could also join and ask on the Discord. The link is in the sidebar in case you haven't noticed.

Look forward to possibly seeing a character from you and threading with you!

4Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 10:06 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Glad to meet the both of you, and I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge I have upon this site, I'm trying my best to create a more.. "Subtable" character for this and the forms, however I just need to find the right form and such,
aside from that I need to figure out how the character will act and respond to things properly so of course she 'll be a bit choppy at first hand.

5Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 10:26 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Don't worry about it! A lot of our characters, at least in my case, aren't very fleshed out when they start but people develop plots over time. I think you'll be okay! Again, let us know if you need help with anything. We're more than happy to help you.

6Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 10:56 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

I do have one question though, what about those 'beast' characters from the animation--
anime Magi; The Kingdom Of Magic as well as the manga. There are also other Races such as Orge, Origin Dragons, Hermit, Gorgon, and Manticore. There are lots of things the site had left out that was both in the manga and anime that are very important aspects in the world of Magi. It's a bit silly to not have more of a variety, not to mention that the Magicians are a sub-class, not an actual species, despite everything they're still human.

7Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 11:23 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Those races most likely do not exist for people to create characters of because they're strictly from Alma Torran. They may pop up in events but they aren't available for character creation.

Magicians are a race in order to provide a racial perk for them. They are no more different than humans aside from the fact that they are physically weaker until they are able to gain strength traits and such.

If by 'beast'-- do you mean dungeon beasts? Those exist but no current active players have taken on a dungeon beast form. Though, we have had them in the past if my memory serves me correctly.

Other forms such as the true Fanalis form could most likely be obtained through plot or events. But they will be tailored and graded with scrutiny in order to create a somewhat balanced environment for everyone.

There is trivia on the wikipedia page (link) that supports my current reasoning. However, you may feel free to start a suggestion thread to add anything you see we do not have. Or to propose changes to the systems that may not align with the anime / manga. We're always looking to improve the site and make it a better place for everyone.

8Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 11:40 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

I used this; Category:Races

So this page uses the time during Solemn's Rule? I thought it was more of a vast creation throughout the space and time through the time-lines.

9Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 28/04/17, 11:43 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

But if you read up on those pages, it says that the races you mentioned are from Alma Torran. So, essentially, yes. They only were really a thing when Solomon ruled.

Humans, fanalis, and imuchakk were after the world was re-created.

Like I said, this forum isn't canon in a storyline sense. We have our own player crafted storyline that is much different from the manga. It takes place after the new world had been created by Ugo. Much like the anime / manga.

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 29/04/17, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

10Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:34 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hello and welcome to the site. I'm Captain Generic Welcomes x_x

11Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:34 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Hello! Glad to meet you.

And are the people here able to mix and or add in the other species during this set time if they are able to exist and thrive here? As the races you've left out limits some fair choice to what was there during that time, are the people that join in on this site able to use any other races or able to mix some that are already here?

12Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:41 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Mm, sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you meant, but the reason those other races aren't on the site is because they were "left behind" or "turned into humans" after Alma Torran was destroyed. However, if you're strictly talking about Human, Magician, Fanalis, and Imuchakk, then yes, you're allowed to crossbreed them and what not. Fanalis/Imu hybrids are a bit iffy of a subject on the forum atm, but you can still feel free to make one.

Also, if you decide to make a halfling please try to remember that you must pick the dominant genes for your character. So, if you were to say make a Human/Imuchakk hafling, you've got to pick either the Human or the Imuchakk perks.

Hope I helped! ^^

13Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:44 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

And what about this 'face-claiming'? What point does this serve?
(Sorry I'm generating to many questions at once here, just overly curious)

14Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:48 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's alright! Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Face-claiming is just a way to give your character an appearance, so others know what they would look like. There is a set list of already taken face claims, but it's not that big so I don't think you'll have to much of an issue with that. You're allowed to FC any character from an anime/comic/ect just no real-life faceclaims. You're even allowed to FC any OC's you might have or perhaps a single image of a character. It's all up to you and how you want your character to look.~

15Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:50 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Is it necessary to do so even if the character's face is neatly explained in the personal graph out themselves?

16Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 12:51 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Mm, yeah I think it's a requirement even with a good description. However, if you need help looking around for a face claim to use, I could totally try to help out!

17Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 01:04 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

It seems I already had a face claim in mind, hopefully up to the standard for this site.
What I went for was a cross-bred between one of the dragon race and the Magician Race (<- most likely going to change that to Human due to an over acceleration in power, don't want it to be op.) The only issue I have is the fact that it maybe confused for a Djinn Equip. Anyway, here's the image I have in mind for her; Ah, Hello there! Lflrx53lzx

18Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 01:09 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ah, okay so again, you wouldn't be able to be half dragon or anything like that. I would personally recommend just making your character a magician, since it's a bit weird like you said a bit earlier that magician's are just a more glorified human in a sense. However, feel free to make a magician/human if you wish!

Also, I don't that think FC is too djinn-equip like at all, you just need to make an in-character reason why she would have horns like that ^^. I would recommend saying she was either experimented on at a young age through life magic, or maybe it's a birth-defect or something like that. Hey, they could also just be fake horns. XD but yeah that should be just fine as a FC.

19Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 01:16 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Okay, think I got most of that down path. So what about a magic defect? Like some people have been shown to have when Manipulating their Mangoi or channeling their Djinn through their own body to earn it's equip, wouldn't magic have some of the same effects, except of a more permanent stat?

20Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 01:35 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I suppose something like that could be done, I'm not 100% positive, though. We'd have to see how you play it out on in your character app.~ However, please note that anything like that can in no way be used advantageously. Like for example, if you wanted to give your character multiple limbs. They would HAVE to be completely useless and in no way could be used(essentially dead weight), as it would create an unfair advantage for other players.

21Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 01:57 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

So, more of a show not use type of thing? It could faultier her mangoi flow as well, and even if they are able to move by the slightest amount, they essentially useless in combat and travel. It would be more of a physical quirk to her character than anything due to not only effecting her physical ability but her magic ability to.-- Is that an okay idea?

22Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 02:06 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Mm, I don't think that would really work either. Unfortunately, we're pretty strict with stuff like that. Anything like that should be for cosmetic or deeper plot purposes only, and by deeper plot I mainly mean like...if that character defect would lead your character into important plot somehow.

23Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 02:31 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Surprised

Do you have any ideas for this then?

24Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 02:39 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hmm, ideas for what exactly? The additional features on your character, the horns, wings, ect? If so, I could try and help you scheme something, but you could always take a safe bet and just claim they are like...accessories your character wears.

25Ah, Hello there! Empty Re: Ah, Hello there! 29/04/17, 03:03 pm

Emalnelin

Emalnelin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Like Yamuraiha's ear pieces and shell-bra?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum