A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

====================================

- [ Leo De Dei Montem De Dei ] -

[ magoi: 300 ]
[ stamina: 130 ]

He really hated violence. He hated the jobs he took so much because they involved violence. The harm of others... How could he even think of committing? An act of violence equaled one proclaiming his superiority to the other. And who was he to show such utter disrespect to others? Who was he to elevate himself in his own mind? ...He was no one. He could not. He had no right to. And he would be fooling himself if he thought otherwise. After all, who was he but a hermit and a former slave? He could not boast of much. Other than perhaps being Schwartz protege, which, by the way, was not really something he could boast of. To be honest, the name followed him around like a curse. He never could escape its insistent grasp. Schwartz found new jobs for him to carry out pretty much every day. He also had this amazing talent to know exactly where Ariel went. Actually, that was probably Schwartz's clairvoyance magic.

"Well that was easy, eh, Ariel? Now that that's settled, where exactly is this person you're looking for?"

He glared at Reed. Mentally, he renamed his previous enemies Reed #1, Reed #2, and Reed #3. He stressed and punctured irritably, "If I knew I wouldn't have asked you to help me. We're pretty much wandering aimlessly."

He tilted his head to the side. He let a sigh escape his lips. Incoherent whispers reached his ears. A healthy sense of curiosity and caution prompted him to point his wand in the direction of the noise. Instantly, he was bombarded with loud and angry sounds. He grimaced. He forced his concentration scope to one specific conversation, the closest one. Closely, he was able to piece a conversation together. Three people associated with the thugs they had just fought. They conversed in whispers of how their underlings must have taken care of whomever by then. So what was taking them so long? One suggested they check. The other two agreed to the proposal. He cut the transmission of sound waves short and glanced back at Reed.

"It seems there are more," he warned.

verbum comitem
[ ccclviii // m ]
word count [ 358 // 1000 ]

Weapon(s):
Abilit(y/ies) Used:

2Secret [ Job / Reed ] Empty Re: Secret [ Job / Reed ] 20/06/17, 10:11 pm

Reed Harper

Reed Harper
β-Tier
β-Tier

REED HARPER
More? Reed couldn’t be bothered to have to deal with more miscreants to tend to, but unfortunately his partner’s mission ended up being a touch more difficult than originally anticipated. Still, it was refreshing to see Ariel exhibit emotion beyond the normal trend of what he usually displays: annoyance, stoicism, more annoyance, and a slight tinge of frustration, usually because Reed is doing something or another to influence said frustration.

I’m not exactly a fan of staying here to get rid of these guys--we have no idea how strong they are...don’t you think we should pull back?” The thought was immediately dispelled from Reed’s head as quickly as it appeared. In theory, it sounded, well, sound, but of course Reed couldn’t tell that to Ariel, especially given his particular uptick in irritability. Instead, Reed once again drew his wand and stood beside his companion, there with him to defend him from neer-do-wells and other scourges of society.

Taking a cue from his ally, he walked toward direction of the noise. Despite Ariel’s obvious skill in magic, Reed was trained as a swordsman in his youth, and would thus be a bit sturdier and take a blunt strike or two. Regardless of how tough their borgs were, at least Reed had the physical edge of having a little bit better of a naturally fit physique.

Hey Ariel, I...I don’t really see anything here? Are you sure there are more guys around? I don’t really see anything…” Reed mentioned, wandering further in. Not wanting to be too reckless, if only not to introduce more irritants to Ariel’s day. “Also! You still haven’t told me what you’re looking for! If we’re going to slagging spells back and forth whipping bad guys’ asses, I’d like to know at least what you’re so focused on finding…

If by providence, or maybe the work of Ariel, a thug came from the shadows and landed a solid blow right to Reed’s side. Wasn’t worth it to put up the borg, that’s for sure, but he surely regretted not doing so as his hip stung with pain.

What the hell do you eat, ogre!? Is your fist made of freaking metal!?” Reed yelled, wielding his wand quickly enough. Still, the enemy was too close to fling a spell at and tried to scare off the assailant and, his pride hurting a bit, had no other choice but to submit to a higher power.

A-Ariel! A little help?
magoi ( 260 / 260 )stamina ( 085 / 085 )
word count ( 409 / 1000 )ooc ( I'm back / Baby! )

3Secret [ Job / Reed ] Empty Re: Secret [ Job / Reed ] 30/09/17, 04:41 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

ARIEL HAREL

("because it's not childish to close your eyes to the truth.")

“I’M NOT EXACTLY A FAN OF STAYING HERE TO GET RID OF THESE GUYS--WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW STRONG THEY ARE...DON’T YOU THINK WE SHOULD PULL BACK?”

ANY OTHER DAY OR CIRCUMSTANCE, ARIEL WOULD AGREE WITH REED. HE IS CONFIDENT IN HIS ABILITIES [ confident - no. he is afraid. scared. that someday he'll stumble across an unbeatable foe. he's afraid he'll lose everything he's fought for when that damned day comes. ], AND HE DOUBTS HE WILL COME ACROSS AN OPPONENT THAT GIVES HIM ACTUAL TROUBLE. [ or at least he wants to believe, but deep down he knows he's being childish. he's not invincible but he'd never admit that. ] THE LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING A FIGHT IS NEVER THE ISSUE FOR HIM. NO, THE ISSUE IS THE CONCEPT OF FIGHTING ITSELF. IT GOES AGAINST HIS MORALS AND PRINCIPLES TO FIGHT, AFTER ALL. [ and as usual, he completely disregards the almost silent humming of enjoyment in his mind. because someday the illusion will shatter, and someday he'll lose his mind, unable to continue the lie. but until then, he'll keep pretending. how else is he supposed to stay sane when everything around him is always shifting and changing and becoming something new and leaving him behind? ] BUT HE’LL QUESTION EVERY SINGLE DAMN PERSON IN THIS CITY FOR ANSWERS IF HE HAS TO. SO EVEN IF HE DESPISES FIGHTING, HE’S DETERMINED TO GET ANSWERS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, EVEN IF HE HAS TO VIOLATE EVERY SINGLE ETHICS HE POSSESSES NEAR AND DEAR TO HIS HEART. BECAUSE CHILDREN ARE NEARER AND COMPLETELY WORTH IT. [ and yeah, children are worth defying his morals, but lapis is worth condemning his soul to hell for his undeniable hypocrisy and losing any sort of chance for redemption. he’s reluctant to admit it, but lapis is one of the few people he’d ever to go to such desperate lengths to find just so he can ease his mind because he’s a selfish bastard who spends all his time trying to keep his heart from breaking. ]

“YOU’RE WELCOME TO LEAVE. I NEVER FORCED YOU TO COME.”

("and if there is one thing he isn’t, it’s weak. and even if he is weak, like hell he’ll ever admit it.")

REED IS PROBABLY RIGHT TO THINK HE’S THE STURDIER OF THE TWO. BECAUSE ARIEL REALLY IS A FRAGILE, GLASS CANON [ both emotionally and physically ]. IT’S ALL TOO EASY TO BREAK HIS BONES THEN STOMP AND SHATTER THEM. IT’S ALL TOO EASY TO INFLICT MIND-NUMBING PAIN. HE’S A MAGICIAN FOR FUCKS SAKE, OF COURSE HE’S WEAK. THAT DOESN’T MEAN HE ENJOYS HOW EASILY HE BRUISES, OR HOW QUICKLY HIS BODY SHUDDERS FROM MEASLY ATTACKS. HE MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT APPRECIATE OTHERS DISCREDITING HIS ABILITIES BECAUSE OF HIS NON-THREATENING PHYSIQUE. TRUE, HE INJURES EASILY, BUT WHILE HE HAS NO IDEA WHETHER HIS MENTAL STRENGTH IS CONSIDERED AVERAGE OR WHATNOT, HE KNOWS YEARS OF SCARS AND CALLOUSED HANDS HAVE TRAINED HIS MIND TO RESIST COLLAPSING INWARD FROM PAIN. HE’S STRONG, DAMMIT [ and he’ll continue to insist he’s strong, even though he’s weak. ], AND UNDERESTIMATING HIM HAS NEVER PROVED TO BE PARTICULARLY WISE. BECAUSE AGAIN, HE’S A MAGICIAN FOR FUCKS SAKE. HE CAN USE SOMETHING CALLED MAGIC. PLUS, HE ALSO HAS SOMETHING CALLED A BORG AND IT TAKES AN IMMENSE AMOUNT OF STRENGTH MOST PEOPLE DO NOT POSSESS TO BREAK HIS BORG.

("and hey, just because he might feel an ounce of concern for them, doesn’t mean they’re his friend!")

“HEY ARIEL, I...I DON’T REALLY SEE ANYTHING HERE? ARE YOU SURE THERE ARE MORE GUYS AROUND? I DON’T REALLY SEE ANYTHING…”

HE FOLLOWS REED CAUTIOUSLY, SHOES HITTING THE GROUND AND ECHOING INTO ARIEL’S EAR. THE SOUND GROWS LOUDER EVERY MOMENT. HE FINDS HIMSELF FRUSTRATED TO WATCH REED IDIOTICALLY TREAD FURTHER. MORE ANNOYING YET, HE CANNOT HELP BUT BE INCLINED TO TRAIL AFTER REED. THE THOUGHT OF A COMPANION COMING TO HARM HAS NEVER SET WELL WITH HIM, AND HE CANNOT IGNORE HIS UNEASE AS HE WATCHES REED WANDER FURTHER IN. THOUGH FLIPPANT WITH RESPONSIBILITY PLACED ON HIM BY OTHERS, HE’S NOT PARTICULARLY KEEN ON ALLOWING HIS ANNOYING FRI- ER, COMPANION- NO, THAT SOUNDS WORSE! HE, HE JUST DOESN’T WANT HIS NOT-FRIEND, NOT-COMPANION, HIS INFORMATION SOURCE TO INJURE THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY JUST SO HAPPEN TO BE THE MOST RIDICULOUS PERSON HE’S EVER MET. [ and honestly at this point he’s not particularly sure why he keeps denying the obvious bond between him and reed. It’s silly to deny it and he knows it, but he’s a stubborn idiot clinging on to the illusion that his heart still remains untouched by others, that reed hasn’t somehow wriggled his way into a piece of his heart. because someday. someday he knows reed will leave him and his constant worry over lapis is bad enough - he doesn’t think his heart can take any more losses, especially that of a dear friend again. ]

EVEN THOUGH HE’S NOT COMPLETELY SURE IF REED WILL LISTEN TO HIM OR NOT, HE CALLS OUT TO THE BLUE-HAIRED IDIOT. “REED-”

“ALSO! YOU STILL HAVEN’T TOLD ME WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR! IF WE’RE GOING TO SLAGGING SPELLS BACK AND FORTH WHIPPING BAD GUYS’ ASSES, I’D LIKE TO KNOW AT LEAST WHAT YOU’RE SO FOCUSED ON FINDING…”

DID HE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT BEING CONCERNED? BECAUSE IF HE DID, HE IS IMMEDIATELY TAKING HIS SENTIMENTS BACK. HE SAYS, “ANSWERS, IDIOT. NOW-” TAP. HE NOTICES THE SHADOWS QUIVERING IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SOUND OF FEET LIGHTLY CREEPING. ”REED!” HE REACHES OUT TO PULL REED BACK FROM THEIR ATTACKERS, BUT HE’S NOT FAST ENOUGH.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EAT, OGRE!? IS YOUR FIST MADE OF FREAKING METAL!?” AND EVEN THOUGH HE’S GLARING AT THE IDIOTIC MAGICIAN, HE’S STRANGELY RELIEVED TO HEAR THE USUAL GUSTO IN REED’S SHOUT. AND HE’S RELIEVED BECAUSE NOW HE KNOWS WHATEVER BLOW HIS ASSAILANT JUST DEALT, IT ISN’T CRITICAL AND HE CAN STILL QUESTION REED LATER. [ or so he keeps insisting, although many may wonder when plans on getting to the questioning phase. ]

("and even though it should ring some alarms in his head, he can’t resist a smile watching others writhe under his unrelenting gaze.")

“A-ARIEL! A LITTLE HELP?”

”YOU’RE A FUCKING IDIOT, REED,” HE DEADPANS, INSULTING REED TO NO ONE’S SURPRISE AT ALL.

STILL, HE SLIPS FORWARD AND DEALS A PAINFUL BLOW TO THE MAN’S STOMACH WITH HIS FOOT. HE WATCHES WITH SLIGHT AMUSEMENT AS THE MAN CRADLES HIS STOMACH. HE CAN’T EVEN PRETEND TO BE SORRY FOR CAUSING ANOTHER PERSON PAIN. THIS MAN DESERVES WHATEVER HE DISHES OUT ANYWAY. HE PUSHES THE BANDIT TO THE GROUND WITH ANOTHER KICK TO THE STOMACH REGION. HE CHUCKLES QUIETLY TO HIMSELF, SMILING DELIGHTFULLY AT THE SURPRISED MAN- WAIT WHAT? HE IMMEDIATELY STEPS BACK, ALMOST RUNNING INTO REED. AND THOUGH HIS SMILE TURNS INTO A STONEY STRAIGHT LINE, HE CAN FEEL HIS STOMACH CHURN AND DISGUST RISING TO HIS THROAT. THAT… THAT JUST NOW DEFINITELY WAS NOT HOW HE TYPICALLY BEHAVED. SURE, HE OFTEN ACTED APATHETIC TO THE NEEDS OF OTHERS, BUT NEVER TRULY UNSYMPATHETIC.

”THE BOSS DON'T TELL ME A THING! B-BUT, THE OTHER TWO - THERE TWO OTHERS WITH ME, SURELY KNOW A THING OR TWO,” THE BANDIT SAYS. ARIEL CASTS A GLANCE TOWARD THE WARPING SHADOWS.

”COWARDS!” HE HISSES. ADMITTEDLY, HE IS NOT COMPLETELY SURE IF IS ANYTHING RELEVANT WHEN HE STARTS AFTER THE FLEEING BANDITS. BUT IT IS NOT LIKE HE HAS ANY OTHER IDEAS AND THIS IS SO FAR THE ONLY LEAD HE’S MANAGED TO DIG UP UP. PLEASE FORGIVE HIM FOR BECOMING TIRED OF JUST SIMPLY WANDERING AROUND.

HE TURNS AROUND THE CORNER, AND HE POINTS HIS WAND AT ONE OF THE FLEEING ASSHOLES BANDITS. HIS WAND GLEAMS AS DARK SHADOWS SURROUND IT. AN ARROW-LIKE FORCE SLAYS THROUGH THE AIR AND OVERTAKES ONE OF THE BANDITS. THE MAN TRIPS FORWARD FROM THE IMPACT. REVOLTINGLY, THE OTHER BANDIT DOES NOT STOP IN HIS GALLOP. TRUSTING REED TO TAKE CARE OF THE TRIPPING BANDIT, HE FOCUSES HIS ATTENTION ON THE DISLOYAL COWARD.

ORBIT.” FOR THOSE UNACQUAINTED WITH MAGIC, THE SWIRLING VORTEX AROUND ARIEL LOOKS UNREAL. LIKE AN ILLUSION. BUT IT MOST DEFINITELY IS NOT. HE CAN CLEARLY FEEL THE ENVIRONMENT AROUND HIM CHANGING. IT MORPHS INTO FOUR, PRECISE ORBS. HE FLICKS HIS WAND AT HIS TARGET. THE ORB FLIES FASTER THAN THE BANDIT CAN RUN. THE IMPACT CARRIES THE BANDIT TO HIS KNEES. HE FINALLY CLOSES THE DISTANCE BETWEEN HIM AND THE RUNAWAY BANDIT. HE PLACES A FOOT ON THE BROWN-HAIRED THUG’S BACK, PINNING THE MAN DOWN. ”START TALKING,” HE HISSES, PRESSING FIRMLY WITH HIS FOOT.
( hover over stat titles )
MAGOI | WORDS | STAMINA

Weapon(s):
Abilit(y/ies) Used:

4Secret [ Job / Reed ] Empty Re: Secret [ Job / Reed ] 26/11/17, 06:37 pm

Reed Harper

Reed Harper
β-Tier
β-Tier

REED HARPER

The only reaction Reed could muster to the obviously disgruntled and the apparent psychosis Ariel was exhibiting was a confused “huh?” as his friend doled out brutal punishment on the thugs Reed were to do battle with. In the crosshairs, Reed struggled to keep up with his surroundings as the black magician kicked the ever-living crap out of the thug that punched him to the ground with the force Reed could only imagine was borne from extreme adrenaline. Impressed, Reed dumbfoundedly smirked as he watched Ariel make light work of their opponent. When it was evident that the thug was not working alone, Reed finally snapped back into action, taking on the mantle of a warrior once more while trying to position himself as an equal participant in this battle (despite Ariel’s crazed efforts to bring down the thug before them).

A-Ariel...hey Ariel maybe you should settle do--” Reed stammered before finding that he was already on to the next two thugs, flinging spells at them as one thug was brought to the ground, weakened by tripping onto the ground and falling flat on their face. Not needing any direction, Reed rushed in the direction of the tripped bandit, brandishing his wand steeped in green light, taking on the shape of a sword as he charged toward the assailant.

Hey bud! I got this guy! The other guy is making way--I can fling my spell at him if you need me too? Or...or not. Ok! Catch you on the flip-side!” Reed conversed with only himself at this point as Ariel was overcome with mad bloodlust and slung yet another spell at the remaining thug, four black orbs thrashing the opponent and knocking him to the ground, leaving Ariel to effortlessly (and aggressively) stomp his foot on the thug’s back, hissing an order that Reed could not quite make out in the hubbub. Wasting no time in playing second fiddle to Ariel’s valiant heroics, Reed straddled the felled bandit and pressed his wand against the neck of the bandit, waving up to Ariel as if to receive praise for a job well done.

So...you gonna tell me what’s going on, Ariel?” He yelled, his demeanor less jovial and more serious, especially considering his companion’s behavior in the matter.

magoi ( 260 / 260 )stamina ( 085 / 085 )
word count ( 1000+ / 1000 )ooc ( All three done at once! )

Abilities Used:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum