Yoshiro Zu
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was only a few days since the letters were sent out. Only four birds were sent out to their targets. Whether they would be received, was up to fate. Yoshiro had watched as they flew off into the horizon. These people were some of many who would be his only hope to win this war. Foreigners but loyal to his cause none the less. They were strong and showed promise. Two were Fanalis from Reim, one a Magician and the other a mysterious swordsman. One of the Fanalis even commanded a small army from what he heard. He regretted not being able to summon more of his allies to the castle but it was too risky. All he had to do now was wait.

The beautiful lands he fought to protect now lay in ruin. Yoshiro leaned on the balcony, watching. His rough hands gripped the railing tightly. The wood creaked and cracked in protest under his weight. His mind was clouded by questions he often asked himself. Was he being judged for what he did? Will there ever be peace? No one had these answers, not even himself. Day after day of plotting against his father yet again was exhausting. A heavy burden weighed down on his shoulders. Whatever was left of his countrymen looked up to him to end this. Morale was low yet higher than it had been. Their comeback was sudden and unexpected. He had high hopes for the brave warriors that assisted him in his efforts. For today was the day to finally meet them. If they would show or not; he wasn't certain. Suddenly, he heard the sound of the door sliding open. In anticipation, he turned his head slightly. It was one of his many advisors but he couldn't remember his name.

"Your majesty," the man started as he began to bow down on his knees, "Your presence is requested by General Dong Zhu."

Yoshiro quietly motioned his hand and the man exited the room. A long breath escaped his lips as he turned to exit the room. The only thing he expected was more bad news as usual. This situation reminded him of the time he held such a meeting with his cousin and a few others some time ago. The thought of it made him frown. It had been a long time since he heard from his cousin. He made his way down to the war room where Dong Zhu was waiting for him. The general was a tall man; well built for his age. Yoshiro had been friends with him for some time now. A member of his household and a good tactician he respected. Dong gazed over to Yoshiro as he walked into the room, bowing. "You did not delay, your majesty," he said, smirking.

Spoiler:

Yoshiro chuckled lightly, approaching the table. "You called?" He leaned over the table, gazing at the map of his country. Dong raised up, positioning himself next to Yoshiro. Clearing his throat, he began to speak, "We received a carrier pidgeon with an... interesting letter from one of our spies." Yoshiro perked up his head, raising his eyebrows. "Oh? Show me," he replied. He held his hand out. Dong placed a small crinkled scroll in his hand. Yoshiro carefully unraveled it. His eyes scanning the calligraphy on the parchment. His heart stopped for a moment as he took the time to process it. "Is it true?" He looked at the general for an answer-- anything at all. His face was now almost pale in disbelief. If what was on the letter was true, it would be trouble. "I don't doubt my sources but it doesn't hurt to investigate," said Dong, letting out a short sigh. Yoshiro placed his head in his hands, closing his eyes for a moment.

"This is an urgent matter. The attack will have to wait," he sighed, lifting himself up and regaining his stature. Dong tilted his head in confusion. "Then what shall we tell our guests, your majesty?" he asked. "I will simply tell them there is a change in plans," answered Yoshiro, folding the paper neatly and wedging it in his breastplate. "As you wish, your majesty. They should be arriving soon. My scouts had spotted them within the city not too long ago," assured Dong. The emperor nodded and pulled out a chair to sit on. He rested his arms and leaned back into it, gazing up at the ceiling. He was beginning to feel impatient. His thoughts raced through his head. Dong picked up his cup of tea, now cold. He brought the cup to his lips as he took a dissatisfying sip from it. "You do not need to worry, Yoshiro. These soldiers are stronger than his." Yoshiro shook his head. "Do not underestimate my fa--... Gao Yuan Zu."

Everyone may make their entrance posts now. If you need assistance on how to start, you would most likely be received outside the castle walls and brought directly to Yoshiro by a few guards.

Please make sure you post within 48 hours after each post from Yoshiro Zu.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze would march with a stern and solid expression towards the palace of Yoshiro. Her soliders had followed her earlier but she had them wait outside the castle so as not to cause trouble for the guards and the other people within it. The fanalis knew this was a day of great importance, so she had made sure to look her best. She was clad in her armor, with a black dress in it. The dark colored stood out to her short white hair. She was also adorned with her silver bracelet on her right hand. Being called to a meeting, she knew that means the war was going to reach one of is biggest points. It was not the white haired warriors first war, it was also not her first war council. Unlike her first war, in this one she was much stronger and had a much higher position in the battlefield.

The air felt stagnant, she thought about the desolate battlefields and destroyed homes, desecrated areas. War had taken its tool on the people and the environment, so it was time for her to help end it as soon as possible.The land needed to be love, it needed to respected and nature. So the fanalis would provide her power of the land to destroy the evil man who only brought on destruction to his people. These thoughts boggled in her head whilst she would approach the gate where there would be a group of soliders waiting for her. She would show them her letter, to show that she was invited.

"Hello there madam, we just need to check you for weapons so that you don't try to do anything to the Emperor."

After the quick frisk he would be guided to the castle, the guards surrounding her while guiding her to inside the palace. The woman had supported the Emperor, she believed in similar ideals as Yoshiro. She had fought for his ideas before in the previous before, though it was under different reasons. She hadn't learned till she first came to Kou long ago for the dungeon Eligos. Her old comrade Ayero had also known so she had heard he was a good man. While these thoughts pondered soon she would find herself at her destination. She was the first to arrive by the looks of it. Now all there was to do was to wait for the others to arrive while the white haired fanalis waited.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A bird chirped right outside the window in Noir's room and awaken both Haku and Kuzunoha who was sleeping on the together. Just beside them, there was a small bed, enough for only one person to slept on it and the black haired girl was already sitting up. She seemed still had the old habit as she was able to quickly being awake after she heard a small thud sound on the window and she slowly climbed down from the bed to approach the window. She saw a bird flapping outside, waiting for Noir to open the window as if it wanted to deliver something. There was a small scroll on its leg and the magician slowly opened the window while Kuzunoha climbed up on Noir to sit on her shoulder. She lifted up her thumb and let the bird to rest there before using her index finger on her other hand to caress the bird's head and then carefully taking the scroll tied on its leg.

The moment when Noir took the scroll, the bird flapped its wings and chirped to Noir before flying away, possibly back to the person who send it. The girl opened the small scroll and tilted her head, wondering if she finally got the fruit of her hard work now. But still, she didnt expect that she would be meeting the most important person in the Kou Empire himself and it made her a little bit nervous actually. There was still a silly thought lingering in her mind, about an ex slave like her meeting an emperor like this. But she decided to shake that thought off and took it as an appreciation of her hard work.

Noir brought two of her beasts along with her and when she reached the gate, she simply showed the letter to the soldier. They would make her go through a check first and then guided her to the place where Yoshiro had been waiting. There, stood a white haired woman and Noir thought that she probably was being summoned here as well to meet the emperor. "Greetings." She said to the woman with a flat tone and empty expression, still couldn't regain her own expression back even after she socialized a lot. The woman seemed familiar though, but Noir didnt dare to ask if she was the woman that she had met before.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

xxxxxx The sound of a crow echoed throughout the mountain range. Diana gazed up into the skies, shielding her eyes from the blazing sun. It was coming down towards her. She held out her arm to receive the avian. "Why, hello," she lulled, giving the bird a gentle stroke. There was something attached to it's leg. A note? She couldn't think of many people who would send a bird out for her. But she took the note either way. With that it flew away in the direction it came. Curiosity took hold of the young fanalis. "What's this?" she pondered. Pluto crept over her shoulder to take a peek as well. An invitation to the castle of Kou was detailed on the parchment along with a seal. Diana was shocked and confused. Was it because she had enlisted herself that one day? Was it a trap? She was skeptical about the idea of going but she also didn't want to get into trouble. A deep exhale escaped her lips as she turned around, climbing on top of Pluto. "Let's go, boy," she sighed, holding onto his fur tightly. Diana was certain she would make it on time.

xxxxxx It took her a few days but when she arrived at the city, she got off her companion and began leading him through the main road up to the castle. Moving through the people deemed difficult making her decision to bring Pluto easily regrettable. The moment they got there, they were stopped by a few ordinary guards. There wasn't anything particularly special about them. They were boring.

xxxxxx "Stop! Address yourself!"

xxxxxx "Diana Corvus," she replied, handing the man the letter she had received. The man opened the crumpled piece of paper and nodded. "Come with me, Miss Corvus," he said, beginning to walk in. The man then turned around, looking up at Pluto. "Err... u-unfortunately, your... beast can't follow you. He's... too big." Diana nodded in understanding. "Stay, boy," she commanded. Pluto growled in disobedience, jumping over the gate and onto the ground on the other side. The ground rumbled beneath their feet. The guards were startled by the act but took deep breaths to calm themselves. "I-I suppose that works," he said. She shook her head and sighed. Pluto let out a bark to mock them. They began walking down the path to the castle itself. Pluto lied himself down at the steps of the building, accepting the fact he couldn't possibly fit.

xxxxxx When inside, she noticed a white haired woman and a black haired woman standing in the foyer. "Please wait here until the Emperor is ready to see you," requested the guard. Diana bowed her head and moved over towards one of the pillars, observing them. She leaned up against it and sat herself down. Diana took out one of the books in her bag and began sketching the inside of the room she was sitting in. Perhaps it would prove useful for later. She would include both of the women standing ahead of her to the best of her ability while she waited.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"So..." A man clad in full armor of Kou military crossed his arms in front of his chest, his tiger like eyes were staring at the one eyed man who was sitting across him in a relaxed way, "It seems that you enjoy doing missions, why not apply to become full time soldier?" The man laughed playfully, saying his words with a hint of sarcasm inside although he really meant it. The swordsman chuckled and shook his head, rejecting the offer. "Well, I am not interested for now. You can try to offer me again later, Tao." Tenma raised his hands together and stretched them as he listened to the cracking sound from his bones. He was more relaxed after he stretched him arms and as he wanted to stand up, a bird suddenly flew and landed on the window's door, chirping to both Tao and Tenma.

At first, Tao approached the bird and intended to take the small scroll that was attached on it's feet but the bird flew back as if it wanted to tell Tao that the letter was not for him. Noticing that, the soldier turned his back towards Tenma and said, "It's yours. I wonder what it is." He smirked to the other black haired man, seemed to know the content on the scroll although he didn't see it at all. Tenma lifted his hand and the bird flew to him, landed on his hand and stayed still when the swordsman took the small scroll before flying away as it had completed its mission. The moment he read it, he chuckled and stood up. "Tao, guide me there. I wonder what will happen next." The soldier smirked at his friend before accompanying him to Emperor Yoshiro, leaving Tenma when they arrived but not before giving his friend a slap on his back.

When he arrived there, it seemed there were some other people who was being summoned and he knew some of them. In fact, he felt happy because he got to see her again but there was another person that he knew as well. He decided to approach the girl who was sketching alone while waiting for the emperor. "It is a pleasure to see you again, Diana."

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Dong’s lips began to curl back as if he was repulsed by merely hearing the man’s name. “I could never, for how could I? He was the man who took my eye after all.” he said, placing his hand on his eye patch. Yoshiro placed one of his hands directly upon his general’s shoulder, moving his face closer to Dong’s, whispering something directly into his ear. The tan color in the general’s face began to fade, giving him an almost ghostly appearance. “We will stop him, your majesty, I promise you that. These new soldiers I’ve recruited, do not underestimate them.” The emperor retracted back, clearing his throat.

Yoshiro patted his shoulder, taking his leave from the room. His attendance was needed elsewhere. As the Emperor took his first step into the hall, he was called for by a distant feminine voice. It was Ai, one of the many “birds” he had scattered around the castle. “Your majesty, everyone has finally arrived.” A smirk crossed Yoshiro’s usually blank face, he was praying that his General didn’t hype up a bunch of greenhorns. Yoshiro felt he could trust Dong with his life, so putting faith into his recruitment choices was quite the easy feat. “Take me to them. I wish to meet them right away.” As he spoke those exact words, guards quickly began to come out from seemingly nowhere. The messenger girl let out a light giggle, covering her mouth with an elongated sleeve. “Very well, I’ll lead you to them, your majesty.”

The Emperor of Kou moved with haste, being led straight towards the foyer. His elite guards flocked around him, keeping a keen eye in each and every direction possible. As long as Yoshiro was in this formation, there was no chance of a surprise attack getting through to him. Yoshiro thought this act was pointless at the current given time, but he decided not to bring it up. The fact he knew they were merely doing their job excused such actions. After a few minutes of walking, they finally arrived to their destination.

“I present to you, Emperor Yoshiro Zu of the Kou Empire!” The young messenger girl stated proudly, bowing to her leader while signaling the guests in the room to do the same. “No need to be so formal,” he said, motioning his hand to make them rise from their bows. “As I have respect for every single one of these loyal warriors,” Yoshiro said, bowing to the guests in front of him. “I’m going to be straightforward with every single one of you right now,” Yoshiro clasped his hands together, moving towards one of the gold-trimmed doors nearby. “Our original plans are null, as new… information has come to me. The situation has become dire. I don’t feel comfortable revealing this information in here however. Shall we head to the war room?” The Emperor of Kou would then proceed to lead the bunch directly towards the war room.

Upon entering the war room, Yoshiro gestured one of the servers near the entrance to bring them all some tea. “Welcome to the war room, this is where all the action happens.” The Emperor would continue walking ahead, placing himself on a magnificent chair placed near the end of the table. “All of you feel free to take a seat. We’ve got very important business to discuss.” The server whom Yoshiro had requested to get tea from had already made his way back to the room, handing out the incredibly hot cups of tea to each and everyone in the room. “My apologies for such a short notice. Do any of you have any questions before we start?”

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

xxxxxx Diana had ended up zoning out, focusing on her drawings. She heard a voice say her name. It sounded familiar. Hua? Looking up from her book she expected to see nothing out of the ordinary but there he stood. She jumped a bit, surprised to actually see him there. Diana panicked, shoving her book back into her bag and standing up. She fixed her hair and fixed her clothes. "Hey, l-long time no see," she would say, her voice stuttering. Her face was flushed over with blush as she struggled to make eye contact with him. She was beyond embarrassed for being so startled at the sight of him. A nervous smile formed on her face. It wasn't like she was afraid of him or anything. She was quite happy to see him and although she would never say it, she couldn't hide it. He had taught her a lot and they'd spent a lot of time together. Diana cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "S-sorry," she apologized, chuckling lightly to herself.

xxxxxx About to start more conversation, her attention was suddenly drawn to a woman shouting the arrival of the emperor. Yoshiro had finally made his appearance. Seeing such a powerful man up close made her heart sink. She didn't know if she wanted to throw up or faint. Her heart felt like it was beating a million times a minute. Unknowingly, she gripped the pillar to steady herself creating small cracks on it's surface from the pressure. She managed to calm herself down a bit with a few deep breaths. He had invited them to a separate room and began to walk away. "Okay, Diana... stay calm. You're not alone," she whispered to herself, gripping the strap on her bag. As she walked behind Yoshiro, she would stay closer to Hua, practically touching shoulders with him. It was comforting to know there was at least someone she knew here. That simple fact kept her from freaking out.

xxxxxx As they entered the room, Diana followed his directions by taking a seat. Her moves were particularly stiff-- almost robotic. She sat as politely as she knew how, waiting for someone to say something. When the tea arrived, a part of her wished it was wine to ease her nerves. She wasn't used to using tea as a relaxing drink as it wasn't served often in Riem. Though the first sip she brought to her lips relaxed some of the tensions she felt. The beast tamer pressed back into her seat, trying to meditate as everyone asked their questions. It was something Hua had taught her during their training. She kept telling herself she wasn't alone. It helped her from having a complete meltdown. Although she had a million questions, she couldn't muster up the courage to speak up.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tenma was a little bit surprised to see Diana acting like that in front of him but he assumed that perhaps she was nervous because she was about to meet the most influential man in Kou empire himself. He found that a little bit amusing though to see a woman who could even tame a giant beast to become her companion to be like this when she was about to meet Yoshiro. A slight thought crossed his mind and he wondered if he should feel nervous as well because it would be the first time meeting the emperor for himself too. But the swordsman was calm and he didn’t even know why he was not nervous, different from when he was near Noir but he knew the reason why he became like that in front of her.

The one eyed man would chuckle and replied the woman, “It is a pleasure to meet you again, milady.” Tenma gave her a formal bow with his fist raised to his chest. “Also, from this moment please call me Tenma, Mikazuki Tenma.” The man would smile towards Diana, beaming her with a bright smile before turning his head to see a messenger girl stated the arrival of her king proudly. He would answer whatever question that Diana might have regarding his name later though since the emperor was standing tall in front of him at the moment. His golden eye was staring at the important man, finally seeing the man that had a vision that Tenma agreed with. No nervousness at all, it was just a respect that was shown on the one eyed man at the moment.

He listened to the explanation though and listed some questions that might be necessary to be asked in his mind before he followed to the war room. On their way there, he didn’t say anything but his gaze would be focused on his sister. The moment she noticed that he was watching her, Tenma would only give her a smile and he wondered again about her purpose to join the war. As soon as they entered the room, Tenma could notice that Diana was too… nervous it seemed? So he decided to sit beside the woman and put his big hand on her hand, wanting to make her less nervous because they were about to begin a very important discussion for the war. He would let go the woman’s hand when he noticed that she was trying to meditate, the timing was also right to finally ask some questions when Yoshiro asked them to spill it if they had any.

“With all respect, Emperor. I would like to request some explanation, possibly the cause of this war itself because some of us might not have the knowledge about it and of course, the reason why you choose four of us to attend this meeting.”
The one eyed man knew about it from some sources, but he thought that perhaps he should get some kind of confirmation from Yoshiro himself to avoid any misunderstanding. “That is all I want to ask for now, I apologize if the question was not that important to be discussed in this important meeting.”

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The white haired girl would look around the room, seeing the other people who would arrive after her. There was a female magician who would arrive. Merrze had met this woman a few times, hence why she knew the girl was capable of magic. It had been a few years since their last encounter but it was clearly the same woman.Her clothes were different, so was the air around her. Though it made sense that someone would change with time. There would also be another female who would enter, she seemed very reserved. Her body language showed that it was possible she wasn't a fan of social situations. The last one to join them would be a man whose eye was covered by a patch. Scanning him seemed a bit harder, she saw him flirting with the girl. She had met people like that. Most flirts in situations like this were complicated. Yet she was unsure, but it would be a smart assumption if he was strong enough to be amongst them.

As the time passed, the girl would continue examining the people, until the Emperor would arrive. She could say one thing, he definitely looked like an Emperor. She let the thought float away though, his good looks were unimportant as of now. Whilst he spoke and guided them to the war room. She followed silently, her body language of a disciplined shoulder, she couldn't wait for this to be over. Despite the professional attitude all she wanted to do was drink with her friends and play with her pets. once they had gathered in the room Merrze would decide to make an introduction. It was military formality, it would also help them all get a feel for one another hopefully. If they were working together she would need to learn about them. Tho she would hide her origins as a king candidate for now. If anyone else revealed information he considered as crucial as that so would she.

"For those who don't know me, or have never heard my name, I'm Colonel Merrze of the Reim Fanalis Corps. I've been out off duty for the corps for a bit, but I've come bringing my own personally followers. I look forward to working with you all for the cause."

After this she would grab a seat, grasping a cup of the tea. She would take a sip which relaxed her letting her demeanor be a bit more polite now that her formalities were out of the way. "The only question I have is, is it true that Gao is alive once more. Many years ago during the attack on Reim i saw what his followers could do. I saw a girl rip the blood out of 100 men, do we know if shes alive or if there are any forces with power like that alive?" She would need to know, if they did it was possible she would have to reveal her true power to him.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The black haired girl leaned her back against the wall while Haku was sitting beside her and Kuzunoha made herself comfortable on the liger’s head by curling herself up there. After another glance, Noir was sure that the white haired woman was the one that she met at the tavern. That thoughts made her recall the incident with Ayero and she wondered about the Fanalis because she had not seen her ever since after they parted ways at the tavern. Now, the slap that she gave on Noir’s cheek was not that hurt anymore and it didn’t haunt her as much as before. Perhaps she moved on from it and after she found out that Ariella was alive, the pain that she felt was fading slowly.

Noir noticed Tenma was approaching a white haired woman and noticing that girl might be nervous because her face was red and her body language was a little bit weird, but she knew her manners so she would not approach Tenma until he was done talking with the girl. She couldn’t really hear what they were talking about though so she would close her eyes until the messenger girl came in and announced the arrival of the emperor. The magician gulped, she could feel her heart beating faster than usual. Perhaps she felt like that because she was about to see the emperor, being a former slave was clearly making her feel like she was a very worthless being compared to the most influential man in Kou empire. But another King helped her to raise her confidence and she quickly regained her composure as soon as she recalled about him before starting to listen to what Yoshiro had to say.

As they moved to the war room per Yoshiro’s request, Noir noticed that Tenma was staring at her and when she stared back at him, the swordsman nodded at her. Although she didn’t really get what he meant by the nod, Noir nodded back and assumed that perhaps he noticed that she was a little bit nervous. Tenma was kind of nice to everyone if she noticed, he tried to help the white haired woman to overcome her nervousness and he kind of assured her to not be nervous as well although that might only her assumptions. She would take a seat beside Tenma and stayed quiet until the others spill what they wanted to say before standing up and stared at the emperor. “My name is Noir Ecryola, I would like to request a private time after this meeting to talk about something important if you don’t mind, your highness. I humbly apologize if I brought this up in a wrong time.”

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The venerable leader sat at the head of the table, comfortably positioned in his ostentatious throne as he listened to the queries of his selected champions. Dong chose interesting defenders of his claim to the emperor's seat as he observed their demeanor. He calmly sipped his tea, sizing his guests up as they made themselves comfortable in the room. He exchanged glaces with his trusted general and his most beloved "bird" as the chosen four made their motivations known with little hesitation.

He noticed the first champion to seat herself remained silent, instead choosing to partake in the niceties of a genuine war room meeting. Her movements were stiff, yet not uncomfortably so, choosing to sip her tea and sit in he chair. A crease appeared above Yoshiro's eyes, revealing the subtlest smirk as he observed the woman. An interesting selection of warriors after all!

The second champion to enter, a tall, one-eyed man was the first to speak. His demeanor was polite, for sure, but his questions were not unfounded in this scenario. His general Dong nearly stepped in to silence the warrior, but Yoshiro called him off with just the wave of his hand.

"You four were chosen because of your dedication to my cause: my general, Dong Zhu, told me of your exploits. It was through your efforts we have been able to amass such support for our cause," Yoshiro replied, his tone gentle and calm. He had a soothing nature to his voice, his face gentle and welcoming. "As for the cause, we have...theories, though none that can be substantiated, so it would be useless to share that information with you." He turned to face the remaining two champions--a woman who introduced herself as a colonel in Fanalis Corps in Reim and a black haired woman who required a private meeting with Yoshiro himself. Intriguing for sure but there were more pressing matters to attend to currently, though he wouldn't rule out the opportunity to listen to their queries.

"My fa--Gao Yuan Zu is alive because he simply has not been adequately eliminated--I plan to make sure of that this time. Now, Miss Ecryola? I can arrange a private meeting later. Ai, if you would make sure my chambers are free after this? However, we have some business to attend to first..." With all of the initial questions out of the way, it was time to convene the war meeting. He was confident his new additions to his faction would be extremely helpful in winning the civil war.

"Before I reveal the contents of this letter..." He mentioned, sliding it firmly in front of him, placing the document in full view of everyone, "I'd like for you to tell me why you decided to join my cause? I need to be sure I can trust you when it comes down to the wire..."

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus
The sound of paper sliding across the wooden table echoed in her ears. Diana opened her eyes, looking around the room once more. She felt calmer than she was before. A breath escaped her lips as she tuned back into her surroundings. The emperor questioned their loyalty so casually but she could feel the sudden tension in the air. Diana took a sip of her tea and collected her thoughts. She shifted in her seat, making eye contact with Yoshiro. Her eyes gleamed with a fierce flare and her posture was refined. "If you truly believe in peace, that is enough for me. You don't have to trust me. However, I am with you if you'll have me," she said, moving back into her seat. Diana would break eye contact with the man before taking another sip of her tea. The cup cracked slightly under the pressure of her grip. A small bead of liquid traveled down the cup and onto the table. She had been holding her breath for a few moments before she exhaled.

It took a lot out of her to speak to a leader and in such a way, none the less. Perhaps he would excuse her improper speech or send her off. But she spoke the truth. Though she did not reveal the her true loyalty. She wouldn't be here if it weren't for Tenma's persuasion. Diana would gaze over to Tenma with a worried look before gazing back down at the tea in her cup. She wasn't sure if what she said was the answer Yoshiro was looking for but she could only hope. While she may not risk her life for this man, she would help him keep his throne. There was no reason for him to lose it.

Diana raised her head for a moment, getting a better look at the two women sitting by them. The black haired woman had a slight resemblance to Tenma. Both had the same golden eyes that seemed to glow bright when the light hit them. They were quite mesmerizing to her. She couldn't help but stare for a moment before averting her eyes over to the white haired woman. A muscular one at that. She looked like she had a lot of experience in warfare. The woman had spoken with such formality that Diana wasn't used to hearing. Despite being a leader herself of sorts, she had no experience in these things. It was a good learning experience. If she is to lead her clan efficiently, she must pay attention and face her fears.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tenma raised an eyebrow, seemed not satisfied with the answer that the emperor had given. To be frank, the one eyed man was not curious about why he chose four of them. He didn’t even care why he was chosen as well and the only thing that he wanted to know was the reason why his sister would be summoned to meet the emperor. It might be dangerous for her although she might have not showed her other capabilities, but as a brother who couldn’t even tell her about who  he was, Tenma couldn’t bear to have a possibility that his sister might be injured because of the war. The swordsman only nodded to the answer and said, “Thank you, my lord.” He bowed his head a little bit, showing his respect before leaned his back against the chair and listened to what other had to say.

‘….private meeting…? In his chambers?!’ The one eyed man clenched his fist tightly, thanking how good he was at hiding his emotion because he was so disturbed by it. Even though they might be only talking about something, but who knew what kind of things that might happen there if there will be two of them only. He tried to regain his composure back when the emperor placing the document on the table and was asking question about their reason joining the war. Diana would be the one who answered the question first, it seemed that she was not nervous anymore and the black haired man was glad. He began to wonder if he did the right thing when he asked Diana to join the war and choose sides, because he didn’t want to woman to feel burdened by a responsibility that she didn’t have to bear.

After the woman beside her finished with her answer, Tenma would be the second to answer, “I simply think that you are a man that is worthy to be followed. Your vision and goal for this country makes me want to support you and if I didn’t, I might not be able to see the country that will be developing with your vision anymore. ” He didn’t have any other reason to be told and if the emperor was not impressed or couldn’t take it well, Tenma would just let it be. The one eyed man would then waited for either the Fanalis and his sister to answer the question, wanting to know what Noir’s answer would be.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The black haired girl nodded, agreeing to attend the private meeting. She actually was surprised that such a man would give her a chance to actually talk in private. Noir who was a former slave actually got the chance to meet great people and it simply made her happy that she could experience something like this because of her hard work. But she might had a problem… she didn’t know if her request could be fulfilled by the emperor. She had no idea about how things work here and she could just hope that Lady Shousui didn’t go anywhere yet although Noir knew that the former noble would be able to escape if she wanted to anytime, so she would need to rush. However, it seemed the thing between the emperor and his father was really bad, he kept refusing to call him father although he unconsciously almost call him that.

“…” Noir looked at the document as it was placed and stared back at the emperor quietly when he asked their reason. Although saying that she wanted to get his permission to talk with one of the prisoner would be enough, Noir certainly had another reason as well. She wouldn’t go to do all this trouble if she only want to speak with a prisoner that could easily free herself if she wanted to. “Thank you for making some of your busy time for the private meeting.” Noir bowed her head a little bit before bringing it up again to stare at the emperor’s eyes as if she was trying to read his soul. “I was a slave before and I remember the time I was here in the previous emperor’s reign. I pretty much prefer Kou that is ruled under your leadership and to ensure that you can keep doing that, I decided to give you my support.” She paused for a second though, wondering if she should just tell him her another reason or not. “I have another reason as well but if you don’t mind, I will tell you in our private meeting later.”

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

She would find his answer to be satisfactory. He seemed to not know anything about if the girl with the mysterious power was still alive. It was highly likely that Gao had some sort of hidden weapon she assumed. With a quick sigh she would wait to see what else the man would have to say. Her eyes shifting to each and everyone that sat there in the room. The air seemed odd, their different personalities setting a different tone when focusing on them, instead of contributing to the overall atmosphere. Things seemed hesitant, as if the people were scared of interacting with on another. She rethought this, maybe not scared but more of not used to this type of feeling. In her council the folks were much more friendly, the seemed more comfortable speaking. Maybe this was the difference between an army that fought together. This group comprised off on kou citizens she assumed, all with different reasons.

She would keep an eye on each person as they would begin to speak. Uttering their reasons for being here. most of them seemed to be for ideals. This was something she respected, many people fought a war for different reason but these people seemed to be motivated by the man who was leading beliefs. It showed more loyalty to the ruler and the impact he could make. The white haired warrior shared similar views with the king. For that she could definitely follow him as someone of mutual respect. Her reasons also consisted of the things she had seen him do

"I chose to fight for you because of what I've seen you do, I've heard of your deeds before now. I lead troops myself as you know. I've seen you care for your country and your people and are willing to put things into action. I respect a man who cares for the well being of his people, and the freedoms for the people of his world."

She would pause for a brief moment, before taking another sip of her tea. Her eyes burned with a passion, with a smile of one who had fought many battles. She gladly would tell of her experiences in which she had witnessed this strength.

"The first time was the original war, I had heard of your deeds and the ideals you fought for. The second was when i came here years ago during the dungeon Eligos. If I remember correctly you met my co-colonel Ayero. She conquered the dungeon Eligos in which I had fought against her in. I had heard she had matters with you and worked with you. This game me another good impression as she is like a sister to me. Finally was the dungeon Buer, the dungeon I had won. I met some of your troops, the large group you had sent there. It showed you were a man who cared about discovering. I'd like to say after seeing your men they looked well lead and well taught. Kudos to you and your generals, I've seen these examples learning of you through things I trust and I know. I feel confident in supporting you to lead this nation, I cannot think of a man more fit."

She rambled, the words flowed from her mouth but she was honest. The woman held him in a high regard, and despite not saying so had always desired to meet the man. Maybe one day she would have a discussion with him that was not oriented around battle.

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro eyed the room, taking note of his four champions' answers. A faint smile appeared on his face after hearing each person's answer--their honesty, their conviction, that was what Yoshiro desired! After the final warrior spoke, the Fanalis general, Yoshiro merely sat straight in his chair and eyed each person with indignation before cracking a smile.

"I appreciate your earnestness but there is no more need for such stringent formality any longer--I may rule Kou but not with an iron fist," The venerable ruler's demeanor was much more relaxed now, he grabbed the document from the table in front of him, holding it casually in one hand as he sipped his tea with his other.

Yoshiro set his tea on the table as he made eye contact with the four champions, never once losing straying from the demeanor of a revered and powerful ruler. Yoshiro clasped his hands together and placed them on the table, the letter placed firmly underneath them. He stared at his most trusted general and advisor, Dong Zhu, as he made eye contact with these new and hopefully skilled allies. "In this letter, it states that a dungeon has been raised somewhere in the country of Kou. Now, I know we are in the midst of a civil war, but if I...we were to conquer this dungeon, I...we would finally have the strength necessary to defeat Gao Yuan Zu and bring peace to Kou. I realize this is sudden, but what do you say? Will you join me in venturing into the dungeon? Dong Zhu tells me you were most beneficial to my cause and I can promise you gold, glory..anything you want!" Yoshiro scanned the room to look at the reaction of these four candidates. Yoshiro knew full well what the consequences of venturing into a dungeon entails, be they good or bad, but he was confident these candidates of his would be suitable allies in the fight. And if they weren’t, he would persuade them anyhow. Who could resist a seat as one of Kou’s elite? Nobody could resist the allure of nobility. He stood up from the table, bringing his empty tea cup to his attendant Ai before turning around to face the rest of the room.

"Well, what so you all? Am I confident in thinking you will all join me in becoming dungeon conquerors? One of you has experience already, it seems, if your story is true, Colonel!" His eyes formed a more gentle appearance as he diverted his gaze to Noir specifically, wondering just what this woman had to ask of him. He moved closer to the table, his gait comforting and warm, as he sat back down at the table.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus
Diana sat there patiently, listening to what everyone had to say for themselves. They had better reasons to be here, helping this man. It made her wonder why she was even chosen. Was it her strength? She shook her head slightly, taking the last sip of her tea. One of the attendants leaned over her and poured more tea within her cup. Diana tilted away from her. "My apologies," the woman would say, giving an eerie smile. Diana would smile back awkwardly. After they stepped away from her, she rolled her eyes, sniffing the tea before she took it to her lips again. No poison, of course. A slight paranoia buzzed about in her brain as she watched the emperor speak. He mentioned a dungeon being raised and if they would join. Apparently, a powerful force was held within.

The only dungeon's she knew about was those in tales and the one's at the bottom of keeps. Diana was left to wonder what he meant exactly. She had heard stories back in Reim about them but never really payed too much attention. The only tales she paid attention to were the one's her father told of the coliseum. A sheltered girl, she was. "I don't need any of that but I could accompany you, Yoshiro," she said, her tone of voice slightly confused and with a lack of confidence. Diana would then tug on Tenma's sleeve and lean close to him in order to whisper in his ear. "Could you explain what a dungeon is to me... later?" she requested, shifting back to her normal position.

Diana pondered if she should have declined his invitation as a bargain of sorts. The promise of grand rewards was an interesting one. It would help her towards her goal but the thought was a selfish one. There was no need for political power, gold, or glory. Everything she had set out to do was easily obtainable. Diana stared down at her lap, fiddling with her fingers. Would this venture truly be worth it? She could only wonder such things.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir sipped her tea slowly and letting the steam that was coming out from the tea to caress her lips and nose. The tea was clearly different from any tea that she had tried before and perhaps it was the tea that was preserved for the royals only, the taste made her calmer and it helped her to relax as well. But the tea didn’t distract her from listening to Yoshiro’s words tentatively, even Noir understood that the man wanted power from the dungeon in order to win the war against his own father. The dungeon’s owner might lend you their power if you managed to conquer it, other could leave with the riches if they survived and others…could be dead while trying. It was a very dangerous place if Noir could say but with a right strength and strategy, one could have a bigger chance to survive and even gain the power of the Djinn. She wondered if Yoshiro knew about this because if he didn’t know and simply choose to enter recklessly, it might be a suicide mission.

“I have entered two dungeons before as well, one of them was willing to lend their power to me while the other chose one of my friend. So… I think I might be helpful for you whenever you need my strength to go to the dungeon.” The black haired girl calmly explained before she leaned back, waiting for the other to give their response. She didn’t need anything from Yoshiro but one thing only and she wondered if she could get his permission for it.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tenma raised an eyebrow to the emperor’s words, his ears were filtering it one by one and he found it amusing that the emperor kept trying to avoid saying that he was the one who wanted the strength to kill his own father. The swordsman kind of knew the reason why and he didn’t think that it was bad if he wanted to try and kill his father again, after all the reason might be obvious for the neutrals and some his supporters who knew about it. He didn’t know about the other of his supporter though, especially Diana and his sister who were now attending the meeting. He wondered if they already knew about it and wanted to see how they will react if someone told them about it if they didn’t know.

The matters about the dungeon rising somewhere was not really good actually, Tenma didn’t know a whole lot about the dungeon but he had a reliable resource that informed him about it. It seemed if you were able to conquer a dungeon then you might be able to gain power and riches but if you failed to survive, then you would be dead. He was never really interested to explore one before because he got a more urgent matter to attend and he was looking for his sister at that time, but now that he found her, he might try to enter and explore one. He didn’t need gold and glory actually, his expression remained calm as he asses Yoshiro’s words in his mind.

Diana was the first to respond to the emperor and when she tugged his sleeve to whisper something, Tenma would let her and listened to what she had to say. “Alrighty.” Tenma whispered with a smile attached on his face and proceed to listen to Noir’s word now, surprised by the fact that she had entered not only one, but two of that dangerous place. Not only she had grown into a beautiful one, but she was also this strong and it made Tenma felt very proud.

He would take the chance to be the next to say something to Yoshiro, with a smile on his face and a determined face, Tenma would say, “I am quite interested to explore a dungeon, so I will join you and I will be your sword.”

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Another dungeon would mean more of a race to power. There were chances the enemies would be hearing of it soon if they didn't already knew about it. Who knows what type of people would be gunning for it. She had seen multiple types in the three dungeons she had been into. Things were different depending on each dungeon, this would be a good chance to see more and assist the emperor. Most importantly she can make sure that the power isnt going into the wrong hands. She thought solemnly for a second. ts possible that there would ebe many dangers ahead. She would give a resolute look. Sh had come to a conclusion it would be beast for her to enter the dungeon.

"You can expect me to join along, but I will say for those who have never entered a dungeon. They hold foes more powerful than you can imagine, they will test your very being sometimes".

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Excellent--I'll have one of my attendants show you to your rooms. Feel free to speak with yourselves in the mean time. You all should rest up for tonight...we have an arduous mission ahead," Yoshiro explained, standing up from the table. He motioned to his attendant Ai to begin the preparations and have the three warriors sent off to their rooms. "This war has gone on for too long. Gao Yuan Zu is a formidable enemy made even stronger by the machinations of a strange man. With this dungeon, we have a chance of defeating him once and for all... permanently this time," Yoshiro's disposition changed to something more somber, if only for a moment, as if thoroughly defeating his father pained him. After everyone had cleared the room aside from Noir, he would turn his attention towards her.

"Now... Miss Ecryola? It's time we discuss what you wanted to talk about. If you would, follow me to my chambers, please?" Yoshiro reached out his hand to escort Noir to his room. He wondered what this woman would want to talk about but wished to hear her out. After they arrived to his room, he held open the door, waiting for her to step in. There was already hot tea prepared on the low table that sat in front of a large shrine embedded into the wall. A wave of exotic scents from the incense swirled around the room that would put anyone at ease. He would settle down at the table, casually sitting cross legged. His long black hair would gently fall over his shoulder. Yoshiro looked up at her with gentle grey eyes. "Come here, sit with me," he offered, motioning his hand towards the seat in front of him.

"What is it you wish to speak to me about?" he asked, bringing the porcelain cup to his lips to take a small sip of the tea. Yoshiro exhaled deeply, his posture much more casual now and his demeanor was calm. It was almost as if he was a different person.

In the meantime...

Ai took her time leading all three of them to their rooms. They all got a standard guest room though they weren't as extravagant as they'd expect. However, they were all down the same hallway for convenience but it seemed sketchy due to the odd number of guards patrolling the area. "You may wander around the castle if you'd like... but don't wander too far," she eerily giggled, bowing before she disappeared into the dark.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The black haired girl nod when it was time for their private meeting and would get ready to follow the emperor to his chamber. But she was kind of hesitated when Yoshiro reached out his hand, didn’t really want to make his hand filthy because he was about to touch a former dirty slave. But it would be impolite to refuse his offer so Noir placed her small hand on the emperor’s palm, he could feel that her hand was shaking because she was nervous. He was so polite, everything that he did was very elegant and it made Noir couldn’t take her eyes from him, wondering if all royals in Kou were like this and simply amazed that she could see it right in front of her eyes.

The moment Yoshiro opened up the door to his room and waited for Noir to step in, the girl quietly stepped inside, still feeling nervous about the whole thing. The smell of the hot tea and the exotic incense made her feel calmer though, it was shooting and Noir felt like she could breathe easier at the moment. She would take a seat in front of Yoshiro, just like how he asked her to do and waited until the emperor finished up his question.

Noir would then look down, suddenly felt like her request might not worth his time at all. But she knew it was important for her so the girl would gather her composure and speak up, “This is about my other reason although it might be not important at all because one of your soldier told me that a minister could handle this matter, but…” The girl paused for a second and letting out a soft sigh before speaking again, “I just thought it would be faster if I ask this face to face with you. I would like to gain permission to speak with one of your prisoners, she is a former noble that was caught because she was neglecting her responsibility.”

Her golden eyes was staring at Yoshiro’s now and it was full of determination although she was putting both of her hands together and clenched it tight because she was still nervous as well as afraid that Yoshiro might rejected her wish. “Lady Shousui is her name and the matters that I need to speak with her is… quite important for me and if you need to know what the matters about, I could only say it is related to a magic experiment…” She gulped and looked down, still remember Lady Shousui voice when she said that Noir was experimented by life magic, wondering if it was true. “However I would like to ask you to keep this matter between us only, my lord.” She would then wait until Yoshiro gave his answer while sipping the tea slowly.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tenma was far than calm when he saw Yoshiro escorted Noir to his chamber and not only that, the man was holding his sister’s hand when he couldn’t even do it under a various reasons. He closed his eyes though and gave himself a mental support by telling himself to keep calm because if he didn’t, he might unsheathed his Katana and attacked the emperor. ‘Stay calm, Caine… you will hold her hand again later when the time comes…’ After he was calmed, the swordsman would follow Ai’s suggestion and decided to wander around the castle so he could clear his mind. He could just have followed Yoshiro and Noir to eavesdrop but it wouldn’t be easy because there might be a lot of guard patrolling around. He wondered where he should go though and thinking that maybe he could go to the garden where plum blossom flower might be planted there, noting that it should be the time for the flower to bloom now.

After he asked Ai about where the garden was, Tenma would began to walk there. He wouldn’t mind if someone followed him though, he could use some company while he calm himself there.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus
Diana quietly trailed behind the woman, curious about the rooms they were to be shown to. Peering through one of the doors, she sighed as her anticipation broke. They were ordinary rooms and nothing as extravagant as she thought. She kept her eyes on Tenma for a moment as he spoke briefly to Ai. The offer to wander around the castle was inviting. Staying alone in the room was the last thing she wanted to do. As he began to walk away she followed far behind him but not too close. He still needed to explain to her exactly what was going on. She wouldn't forget that. He ended up going outside near the backside of the castle. Diana lingered around the doorway until gathering the courage to get closer. It was already awkward stalking him around but the comfort of being near someone familiar to her was important to keep her sane.

The garden was beautiful and unlike anything she had ever seen before. Diana picked a flower off of a tree nearby. They smelled sweet, their petals soft and pink. She brought it to her nose before gently tossing it into a nearby pond. A fish tried to eat it and spit it out multiple times before it got the hint. Diana walked over to where Tenma was, wandering a bit in front of him to look at the arrangement of foliage. A caterpillar crawled on top of her hand and explored the surface of it. She smiled, gently placing it back onto the bush it came from.

Diana laughed halfheartedly, shaking her head. "What did I get myself into?" she would ask herself before gazing back at Tenma. "You still need to explain to me what a dungeon is exactly, if you know." Diana would wander off nearby to one of the trees, picking flowers off of it and plucking them apart, letting the petals get carried away by the wind. She was nervous. Somehow she had gotten herself into this war that she wasn't even supposed to be apart of. She came here to find a masked man and bring Rima some peace of mind. "I think... no matter how dangerous it is, I am strong enough now." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. As much as she wanted to thank him for being apart of that, there were no words to express her gratitude. Thus she kept silent.

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yoshiro listened intently to the young woman, her golden eyes peering directly into his soul as she asked her question. Lady Shousui was it? She was a prisoner recently taken in by Kou but what were her plans with her? Yoshiro found it rude to ask about her motivations for speaking with this prisoner, especially after she offered to pledge her help to him in the upcoming battle in the dungeon.

"I will show you to the dungeon, there you can speak with Lady Shousui..." Yoshiro responded, putting down his cup of tea onto a nearby table in his room. He walked up to the door, opening it as Noir still sipped on her tea. "Come. Take my arm, I will walk you down there. Please forgive my intrusion, but I am curious about your reasoning for wishing to speak with this woman...she is an interesting woman indeed." Yoshiro held out his arm as if to beckon to Noir to grab his and be escorted by him throughout the palace. ”Do not think your question is not of importance, Miss Ecryola. A girl like you...well any man would listen to her words,” Yoshiro said, giving her a wry smile as he bowed slightly. The coming day would bring fierce battle and difficulty, so the sitting emperor wished to entertain himself with fun before he set out to a point of no return.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum