Punch wood, get wood block? [Job/Trently]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Job details:
Job Name: Timber!
Job Rank: C
Job Location: Jade Dragon Mountains
Job Rewards: 100 XP/7,000 Huang
Job Prerequisites: N/A
Job Overview: The Capitol is in dire need of wood to help rebuild after the damage done by a mysterious magician during the Kou-Reim conflict. Go out to the mountains and help chop down trees. Beware the dangerous wildlife!

Enemy info: Enemy Name: Tiger Cubs x4
Needed damage to take down: D
Description: Tiger Cubs move at 6 m/s and deal D-tier damage with claws and teeth.

The time had come again, Oliver needed more money as he always did with this whole shtick of needing a job. Money made the world go around right? Right. Money was something you sadly need in order to survive, because without money (barring the job of being a monk or a beggar) you couldn't get anything. Oliver slumped back in his seat at the inn, a cartoon version of his ghost flying out of his mouth, the tail of the ghost still wedged in the back of his throat, hanging onto the very threads of his life just for the sake of getting back in so Oliver could get on his feet and get to work!

Lurching forward in his chair, Oliver pushed the wood seat back, screeching it against the wooden floor, his gaze fixated on the job board. A cork and wood panel tacked with a multiple number of jobs. Most put up with nails, some put up with adhesive, one even jammed in with a dagger. They ranged from simple requests to wanted posters. He peered over the list and found one that fit the jobs he had taken up tot his point, destruction of the local plant life for the betterment of his fellow human being! Though this time he would be collecting wood up int he Jade Dragon Mountains where tigers were known to roam.

"Well I already took care of some wolves and a bear, and a tiger is just a cross between the two--kind of. Big muscles, stalker tendencies--practically a perfect combination." He mulled it over and plucked the sheet off of the board, another leftover in its place. he still had on his dark brown coat with white fur lined hood and sleeve cuffs that he wore up into the mountains to visit the monks just earlier. A pale woolen vest with a long-sleeve shirt on underneath the vest. His red scarf tied about his neck and a pair of dark pants to pair with the coat and go with his vest and shirt. Oliver wore boots and he carried his three-section cane on the small of his back, folded up into a compact form.

It would only be a series of events to find the person who wanted the wood, get the confirmation that he would need to head up there and start making his way. On the way to the border of the town, he was approached by someone from the capitol building, stating that he would need someone else to come with him, but hopefully someone else would come along! Oliver decided to bide his time and slump down against a wall against the edge of the town.

[Word count: 449]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Trently

A-Tier
A-Tier
Music Branching on outward from the daily Civil War activities, Trently had signed up for a task for heaving down blocks of wood for sale afterward. Leaping, Trently soared high above a riding on carriage, touching off onto the ground beneath him once more as he glanced backward at the wheels on the go. "Heh.. My bad!" Sneaking his eyes behind himself as he darted off, Trently brought an array of weapons in case a battle ever broke out. It shone with a harsh exertion, all that from the sun's light had broken out and scattered across all of the Kou Empire. Draining it had known to be, those on the brinks of the Civil War's battlefields were rarely gifted that of a period of tie to take a break. Although the youth that was Trently had not officially stuck with the Kou Empire, it was a duty of his to aid his home in a dire time as this that has been dawned upon all.

Start of the Yanaihara's Storm Child initial journey had begun around a sole year ago, embarking out into the world that his own now late grandfather inspired; there existed a desire to advance further. "Departure! To set out with a friend..." Dreaming, Trently pondered on what a type of journey would take him in this world and how it would unveil his fate. "Yet! First comes first! Have to wield this Civil War to my advantage in order to have Gao Yuan Zu waver his opinion on slavery!" An objective had been within Trently's conscious as he tread the tasks of a Civil War in the Kou Empire, Trently spoke to himself in that of his own mind. "Lets do it!" Shining onward with a brilliant will that was displayed in his eyes, Trently went on to meet with another individual whom owned a wish to partner up to chop down wood for all of the burnt down and demolished homes. Heart of a true being, Trently couldn't turn down a job that would help benefit the victims of this Civil War, they all suffered and it was not a sight that Trently liked to witness. "Hm!? Oliver? Yo! Long time no see! Let's head out, to chop down us some wood! Heh..." Wavering his hand out at Oliver whom he had met at a tavern a while back, Trently balled up his fist and directed it to Oliver. Smirking as he stared at Oliver with a duo of eyes that were and exhibited a warm kindness.

WC: 428

View user profile

Oliver had not been waiting terribly long, just enough for someone to start trying to pick out shapes in the clouds. He saw a lot from his old home actually, or maybe he was just stuck with Magnostadt on the brain. He saw a crystal ball in the clouds, a pointed hat, a broomstick. He shuddered all over and looked at the ground, eyes a bit overshadowed, "Yeah let's not do that anymore." He poked at the ground, trying to pass the time as he waited for whoever it was he was instructed to wait for. As it would turn out, Oliver would be meeting up with an odd fellow who was enthusiastic about his book back at the tavern, one peculiar man named Trently!

"Oh!~ Good morrow to you Trently my friend!" He declared up to the dark haired lad who waved to him. Someone who was not versed well in the ways of social interaction (as much as social interaction could be had between two socially awkward lads), the young noble-from-home reached up to the extended fist bump attempt, and gave it the old ball-in-socket treatment. He reached up with a hand as if to shake hands, and wound up with a fist in the palm of his hand. "Is this how people normally shake hands?" He asked as he stood up, motioning to the mountains. "Let's talk and walk, it'll get things done faster and get our minds off the cold."

Oliver turned and motioned with his arm to the more battle-experienced Trently, starting off toward the direction where they would be going to chop would. "I heard there are tigers present up there a plenty. I'm ready to ward them off, I've already dealt with some bears and wolves. What about you Trently? I don't know much about you besides what we have briefly talked about before.

[Word count 322, 771 total]

View user profile

Trently

A-Tier
A-Tier
Steady, it flowed, both of Trently's and Oliver's share of words. Yet it baffled Trently, in which how Oliver sought to acknowledge Trently and that of the kind fist he held up to his dear friend. Gesturing, Oliver had fun of it all yet Trently did not mind, if anything, the Yanaihara's youth found it comedic. "Ehehe, that isn't how it is done but I can accept it! Oliver!" Aloft, a fondle on Trently's own facial gifted a smile, it churned up as Trently strode alongside his buddy; Oliver Oxford. "You know, Oliver! Have you ever wanted to reach your arms out!? And venture out on a journey? In this World of Magic? It is what I wished for when I first set off, yet I own other dreams! I want to outstretch my hand, then grasp out and onto what they call a Djinn! If I want to achieve all of this, I must soar!" Vast, the skies above Trently, it also emulated that of his own dreams he owned. View that headed up high, it desired a victory, not a streak but at-least a sole win. Neither that but Trently had lacked the backing of friendship, it only started to strike him as he wanted to do the same for others he met. An example of this had kicked in, Lestacia in whom Trently met on the field of battle.

"Hm... Ah! Sorry! Just had gotten lost in thought, ehehehe!" Returning into reality as a snap awoke him, Trently balled his fist once more. "Oh uh, about bears and wolves. Ah, don't worry about them ahaha! They shouldn't be a uh! YOOOOOOOOOOOW!" Due to not having paid attention to his whereabouts, Trently ran into a trio of cubs whom bit onto his kimono and caught him off guard. "Cmere you little guys!" With a sole step, Trently bounced off the ground beneath him in an attempt to shake them off as he didn't want to physically harm them. Latched onto the youth, Trently smacked off one of the cubs as it started to flee. "Ehehe..." Cuddly they were, the two that were biting on him were quite adorable in Trently's eyes.

WC: 373

Last edited by Trently on 14/03/17, 04:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Oliver walked with Trently, the two sharing conversation and having a good talk with one another.  They seemed to hit it off swimmingly.  But in Oliver's mind he was considering just what kind of story Trently had to write about.  If there was something worth while for him to continue talking to this person beyond their initial meeting.  But his face never showed it, he just had a smile on his face all the while as the duo made their way off toward the forest to get to their wood chopping.

Along the way, Trently proposed an idea to Oliver.  One that caught the runaway off guard.  "Reach my arms out? You mean like this?"  He reached his arms out to the sky, stretching his fingers out toward the clouds.  "I can do that just fine mate."  He chided the dark haired warrior, just giving him a little bit of grief.  Testing the waters more, Oliver went to what he said next, "The word 'journey' can mean many things. Could just refer to us walking along and chatting like old chums.  You're hitting it on the head with all the physical capabilities we seem to have in our bodies friend."

If Trently wasn't pissed off at Oliver for making fun of him a little bit, maybe this was someone that Oliver would want to write about.  But the topic of grabbing and owning a Djinn? It just made the glint in Oliver's eyes light up.  He was getting anxious now, anxious to find out about this guy and go along with him.  But that would have to be put off for now as a group of tiger cubs came and decided to chow down a little on Trently.  Oliver's jaw went slack, just watching in a little disbelief as he just scooted the cubs off as if nothing happened.

"Are you daft? You're daft aren't you?  Who in their right mind gets bitten by a tiger and just acts like it was a little prick?"  Oliver drew out his three-section cane, and spun it around overhead and with a loud swooshing motion, swung it across as one of the cubs looked to lunge at Oliver.  He caught the little guy's body and scooted him off.  "The bloody fock I will let you bite me. Go home to your mother."  He swung his arms and stomped toward them a little bit, making himself seem intimidating enough for the cubs to run off.

With them taken care of, he looked toward the trees and then at Trently, "I don't have an ax." He just stated bluntly and looked expectantly at the dark haired warrior.

WC: 452, 1223 total (met the WC requirement for the job on my part in this post)

Last edited by Oliver Oxford on 14/03/17, 08:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Trently

A-Tier
A-Tier
Sharing, Trently and Oliver had spoke, one to another. "Ehehe, in a way! Journey, it is of all kinds, the type I want to depart on!" Hardened, those of Trently's eyes kept a torch of flares that resembled that of his own resolve. "Always I ponder, what is my purpose in this world? Its what I want to uncover!" Chuckling as Oliver had taken it in a literal sense, Trently halted his own travels of where his head took him; dreams. "Thanks, Oliver! To be honest, it did hurt a bit! Ah!" Feisty, the initial cub in whom Trently smacked off made a return. Growling, it bit on Trently's kimono once more, yet Trently unsheathed his grandfather's katana and knocked it on the head a bit harder for it learned it's lesson. Instead of it being on the sharp area, Trently had smacked it on the side of the blade in which was flat. It fled into the bushes, to return to it's friends and family. "Hm? Welp, now that is taken care of! Kutter's Katana! Subatomic Slash!" Immersing his own Magoi into the blade, Trently ordered the rukh to expel that of a Magical Function in which aided the duo in finishing off their job.

WC: 212
Magoi: 170
Kutter's Katana [Magic Weapon]:

Name: Kutter's Katana
Tier: A
Type: Magic Weapon - Sword
Magic Type: Razor (Wind + Strength)
Appearance: This 100 cm long katana once belonged to Kutter, an adventurer from Kou who lost to against Caim's traps. The body of the adventurer was swallowed up, but the sword remained, absorbing the magoi of the dungeon and eventually gaining powerful magic. With a 75 cm blade length, 1.5 cm blade thickness, 25 cm handle length, and a 15 cm guard diameter, this sword is indeed as beautiful as it is sharp.
Function:

• Subatomic Slice - The user feeds magoi into the sword using two hands, causing the sword to coat its blade in an immeasurably sharp razor edge. The next slash of the blade will send a flying edge of razor magic up to 20m through the air severing things with A-tier damage. Things cut with razor magic are unable to be put back together again regardless of healing spells used on them for a minimum of 3 posts.. 10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum