You are not connected. Please login or register

Totally Not A First Date [Jingyi/Social]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Having taken the time to finish a charity  job with Jingyi, Dylan had developed a close knit bond with her. He was charming enough during his first imoression and had asked her for some help. Someone with a soul such as hers couldn't refuse to do the right thing.

After explaining the jist of his situation, that he quite literally hasn't even taken the time to find permanent boarding in Kou and not having any knowledge about the area. She had decided to meet him tomorrow at the same place, where they would go to some shops she was fond of.

It seemed as the soul of a warrior but still the heart of a maiden. She loved to shop but only for things she could use as a warrior. Personally he thought fighting with ones bare hands was quite vulgar but having seen Jingyis martial arts, he was inclined to at least give it a second thought.

Perhaps he could learn to wield the scythe in a more efficient manner, or perhaps even tske lessons from her directly. He arrived at the armor store first, a bit curious as to what she would try on, saving the weapons shop for later, curious about her tastes and recommendations.

View user profile
Jingyi got onto her toes and peered through the crowds of people, searching for Dylan before spotting him at the armour store where they decided to meet. She had been worried that the man had gotten lost, but upon seeing him quelled the thought and she rushed over to him.

"Hey, Dylan!" She called out as she skidded to a stop beside him. Jingyi waved at him in greeting as she started to smile pleasantly before clasping her hands behind her back. "Alright, are you ready to go?" She inquired, barely waiting for an answer before gently grabbing his hand and leading Dylan inside. She used her free hand to open the door for them before letting it fall shut behind them.

When they were both inside, Jingyi lets go of Dylan's hand and quickly glanced around the store before wandering over to one section. "I like to the plate armor they have here, though I wouldn't buy some of their gambesons, honestly. You can find ones that are padded better and slightly cheaper. Oh! If you weren't aware, gambesons are the thing you wear beneath your armor."

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }
View user profile
He had caught a glance of her and she was off and running. Before he could even properly greet Jingyi, she simply grabbed hold of his hand and went straight to the armor shop without any hesitation. Dylan was aware of her level of comfort, and it was a good sign to him.

The store was quite interesting, there were wooden mannequin torsos, where certain pieces of armor were placed as an exhibit for potential buyers. Some shields, of varying quality and ornateness, were hanging along the walls, which brought some color and life to the small store.

At the back of the store were two showcases. Full suits of armors, each with different details, but very similar. They were standing, almost as if they were statues that were guarding the storekeeper. He turned to Jingyi as she spoke, a twinkle of excitement was visible in her eyes, bringing a small smile at her earnest pleasure at the little things in life.

"Plate mail... gambesons?" His smile turned into an awkward smirk as his brows furled, somewhat. He pulled on his skintight, yet elastic skintight jumpsuit. "Even leather feels too heavy and restricting for me. What I'd really like is a tailor. Armor isn't for me, but weapons on the other hand, that I can get into." His eyes lit up as he began to concoct a plan to further wrap Hou around his finger.

View user profile
Jingyi paused at Dylan's words as if her brain was slowly trying to compute what he meant by leather being too heavy for him. Her gaze flickered from his face and over to the armor before her head nodded, mostly to herself as if she was telling herself, "Yeah, that sounds right. Just say it".

"Well, gambeson is padding you're supposed to wear beneath your armor. Meanwhile, plate armor is a type of armor that covers your entire body," at that Jingyi knocked her fist against the breastplate she was wearing. "This wouldn't be considered plate armor since it's just a breastplate. And while metal is generally one of your better choices, leather isn't too bad of an option either. It tends not to be as restrictive in my experience, and it's certainly cheaper, but it's not that good if you plan to be fighting close-combat against someone decked out in armor and a sword. Unless you're some sort of super-fast assassin." Jingyi explained, her hands waving around as she talked.

"But, if you don't even want leather, then I suppose you could always go for tunics with chainmail. That's better than just plain old clothes. But weapons on the other hand- ah so many types of weapons. I mean, you have double-edged or single-edge swords, curved swords, heavy broadswords, light shorts swords, and even butterfly swords! Those are pretty cool. But there's also spears, a naginata, for example, hammers, daggers, bows," at this point Jingyi just had her hand up as she listed, pushing a finger down with her other hand as she counted, "there's even a thing called a Yu Ya Chan. It's like a pole with a spade on one end and a crescent on the other, but I've only seen monks use it... But there are just so many to chose from, ya know? But I personally wouldn't go for a scythe, since it's better that they're just left for farming. Unless it's a chain and sickle type scythe. Those could be pretty cool also."

View user profile
"As a magician, I'm not quite used to lifting heavy things or physical labor in general. Having to wear armor under my armor is just not my style, also it'd be just too much fatigue for me, and on top of all that, I have my borg for my real armor. So when I have a borg, it starts to become a matter of style over substance."

Then she started to go on about all the types of weapons, perhaps that would be something he could do for her. "Well, this place isn't for me, for sure. You said you also know a weapon shop around here? Maybe I might be interested in taking up a weapon. I don't think I could get my staff, but I was thinking of learning how to use it as a weapon in its own right."

He brought his hand toward Jingyi, palm up. "Well, whisk me away again." He teased her for her earlier excitement that she simply dragged him to this shop, but he would make sure to inquire about a magical weapon for Jingyi at the new place.

View user profile
"Borg.. That field thingy that popped up when that thug tried to attack you, yes?" Jingyi inquired, her head once more cocking to the side as she watched the man talk. Even the ignorant country girl has heard about Magicians, and if the stories were anything to go off then he certainly didn't need armor to weight him out.

"Who knows, you may me able to find something that could be an awesome staff," Jingyi said with a giggle, a smile curling on her lips as she put her hands on her hips in a friendly way. Her attention was quickly caught by the hand, one of her eyebrows raising questioningly. But her questions disappeared at his words, and her face flushed once more.

"Get ready to be whisked, then," Jingyi promptly commented before grabbing his hand and leading Dylan back out of the shop. She quickly paused as they stepped out of the armor store, her eyes quickly looking past the crowd before spotting the weapon store down the road. She then began to lead, well more like drag, Dylan towards it, weaving around other pedestrians. Jingyi's quick strides soon brought them to the very store, though it would have been unlikely for her to realize if Dylan was having troubles keeping up with the woman.

View user profile
"Aah... huff. Aah... huff." Dylan was breathing heavily, but standing tall. He just barely broke a sweat but it was such a short dash, there mere fact of his condition was embarrassing enough to add a bit of blush to his cheeks.

He walked in, and held the door open for Jingyi. As she passed through the threshold, he would proceed to the back ignoring the vast majority of weaponry across the walls and the discount weapons in bins. Dylan would make nice with the shopkeeper leaving Jingyi behind. He would ask him for his secret stash of magical weapons. Without a hint of reluctance, the shopkeeper brought a throwing knife and a key, giving a small explanation.

To buy some time for him to make the deal and find a suitable gift for Jingyi. "Hey, can you find a staff or something for me Jingyi?" He spoke to shopkeeper and he found that the knife could become electrically charge, which seemed very suited to her method of fighting. But when he heard what the key was able to do, Dylan shelled out the huang, thanking the keeper for gift. Afterwards, Dylan would go see what his companion was up to.

View user profile
"Thank you," Jingyi chirped as she walked inside, her smile widening as she looked eagerly around the store. The woman then quickly walked over to one of the displays, "Hey, have you eve..." Jingyi started to say before realizing that her newfound friend wasn't following her.

But upon her request Jingyi nodded her head before turning around and heading towards where the staves, staffs, and spears were. There she looked among the several options; staves with crescents moons, staffs with orbs and ribbons, polearm lances, there were just so many options.

Jingyi was so lost with her thoughts and looking through the different assortment of weapons that she totally missed Dylan. She didn't notice him wander over, but instead, the woman was too busy checking the different staffs on sale.

View user profile
Dylan had gotten good glimpse of her character, he doubted she was even more psychotic than himself. She was earnest in attempting anything she was asked, and on top of that, she would go out a limb for people even strangers. This could be a bad habit for the future, if she would go out helping everyone even his own opponents just because she believed it was the right thing.

"I think I spent all the money on a pair of things. They happened to have a good selection. I decided to commemorate our new friendship with a gift!"

He pulled out the brass key from his pockets with the face of the magic circle facing her. "Do you know what this is?" As he questioned her knowledge of the artifact, he would extend his fist with the key. Simultaneously, he would pull her hand and place the gift inside to make it harder for her to refuse, probably a common instinct for an honest person.

View user profile
Jingyi whirled around when she heard Dylan, the woman not noticing the man beforehand. Her mouth opened in protest, but she grew quiet upon sight of the key. It was such a queer thing- a key with some sort of glowing rune? The Kou equivalent of a bumpkin could only wonder what it was.

Her gaze followed his hand with the key, but when the "weapon" fell into her hand, Jingyi just shook her head, "It's a key, I know that much, but I can't just accept this gift! Don't get me wrong, I love that you would think of getting me such a...key, but I don't want you to spend money on me! Especially when I have nothing to return," she proclaimed, grabbing the key before holding it out for Dylan to take back.

View user profile
The magician looked puzzled by the soldier's reaction. It was almost as if she wasn't sure what she was given. But now he would have to take it one step at a time. It'd be for the best to explain just exactly what she was given, before trying to pressure her any further into accepting the gift.

Now it was Dylan's turn to take the lead. He lifted his hand to wave to shopkeep with some gratitude as he took Jingyi's wrist and pulled her out of the store, sadly revealing his lack of physical strength, to the small space between the merchantry. "Well, it is a key technically, but this one is so much more than that." Keeping the key in her hand, he snuck around behind her, wrapping his arms around her so she had more space to visualize.

"Okay, you see the little circle on it? That's used to channel rukh to create a magical effect. If I understand what this key does correctly...." He would begin to channel his vast pool of magoi into beckoning the rukh to the item as they slowly developed into a whispy transparent shape forming around the tooth of the key, as he created an image of her grasscutter blade from an ephemeral light. The rings were just as audible as the real thing. "So, pretty cool, huh? This thing can be anything you need it to be."

First step complete.

"Do you want to give it a try, Jingyi?"

View user profile
Despite the fact that Dylan lacked any actual strength to pull the much physically stronger woman, Jingyi still followed him outside. She kept quite as she watched him, listening to him as she bit her lit.

Her brow rose as he moved behind her, but Jingyi did nothing to stop it. If it would help explain the mysterious key then she was fine with it. "So, do I..." Her voice quickly died in her throat as a pair of arms wrapped around her. Pale skin flushed red, but Jingyi did as she was told and looked at the magical circle.

It was hard to concentrate with Dylan so close, but the childish woman kept it under wrap so she would learn the function of the key and so she wouldn't offend her friend.

Jingyi's eyes widened as she saw the beginning of the wispy shape forming, but amazement completely filled her face as she saw what seemed like Grasscutter itself.

Her hand quickly touched the hilt of the real thing, but yet there was a completely separate Grasscutter in front of her. From the rings to the curve of the steel, all of it was there including gentle clanging as the rings bumped against one another.

At his question Jingyi snapped out of her stupor and eagerly nodded her head. The weapon seemed amazing- it was able to create a whole other weapon! It was magic- actual magic that if from Dylan's implications she could use!

"Please, I would love to try it out!" Jingyi exclaimed, not a single bell ringing in suspicion at his actions. The gullible woman had no reason to doubt his actions- she just had a generous friend.

View user profile
"Well, if you want to use it. You must accept it as your gift. I can tell you have manners, so I'm surprised you haven't learned this, but I will teach you." He let go of Jingyi and dropped the key in her hand. "When someone goes through the trouble of having the thought to be generous, you should be gracious in your acceptance of the gift as well as the sentiment. Have you ever tried to give someone a gift? A refusal creates a divide in that relationship, intentional or not. Now, I hope you take it and whenever you use it, you'll think of me."

He nodded to give Jingyi some confidence in his own words to accept the token. "So now you give it a try. It might be hard at first but it should be easy to learn, and once you do, you'll have an easier time with magical items in general."

View user profile
Jingyi curled her fingers around the key as she listened to him before looking down at the gift. She bit her lip in thought before she returned her gaze back to Dylan, a small smile forming on her face.

"Thank you for the gift, Dylan. It was really nice of you," she finally replied, tightening her grip on the key as she looked back down at it. The nail of her thumb gently traced around the magic circle before somewhat nervously rubbing the handle of the key.

"How do I use it? Just focus energy into it?" Jingyi inquired, her head raising so she can look back at Dylan. It was easy to see that the woman was totally unaccustomed to using magic, the bare concepts of the arts itself foreign to Jingyi.

View user profile
Dylan Peak glances at her, for the first time taking a seriously look at her rukh. It was white just as most people's he had met. The color of people who didn't deny their fate, or so he had read. HE must've hated his own fate very much, but he didn't quite see it like that. But it was undeniable, his own rukh were as black as night.

"As a magician, I can see the Rukh of other people. I don't know if you know very well about the studies of magic, but all magic in the world is derived from the power of the rukh. Magicians can use wands to beckon the and tame the Rukh to their will. However those who are not magicians, can use magical tools, which have a magical circle. A beacon for the rukh to follow a special function. The special function of this key is to allow the user to create any weapon from illusory magic. "

" It's a lot like meditation. Try picturing controlling rukh or energy from the area around you to create what you're imagining."

View user profile
Jingyi watched Dylan as he spoke, her head wordlessly nodding along before she looked back at the key. Her grip on it tightened as the woman narrowed her eyes.

"Alright, just imagine. I can imagine things. I have imagination, this is easy-peasy," she thought to herself as she tried to picture the Ruhk that Dylan had spoken of.

Her lips pressed together into a thin line as she imagined Grasscutter, her eyes closing as she tried to better think of her sword. Of the rings that lined one edge of the blade, of the noise they created when they clanged together. Of the red tassel, she had watched weave around as her father performed simple tricks with the sword. A faint shape tried to form, the energy twisting into Grasscutter's unique shape before fluttering out as Jingyi did her best to use the magic weapon.

Jingyi peaked open a single orange eye to see her progress, but upon seeing that almost nothing was there, she squeezed her eyes back close. Doing her best to concentrate on the image of Grasscutter, of the feel of its hilt and the clanging of its rings. And it was then that the energy reappeared, but this time the illusion of Grasscutter was stronger.

View user profile
Dylans eyes surveyed the white rukh gathering around Jingyi. His own black rukh segregating themselves even further from her own. As the rukh slowly culminated to create light and sound as they slowly mixed at the magic circle upon her weapon. The rukh would distort from the original batlike shapes and slowly form together as a ghastly apparition of her Grass cutter, The rukh formed the blade, the ring and even the cloth.

"Wow, you're a natural Jingyi...." He was actually quite impressed. "I'm very lucky to have met someone as talented and virtuous as you. I am in the middle of a few things... but I think I'm going to call on your help in the future, okay Jingyi? Do you have any aspirations for yourself? It's always best if these sort of relationships are mutually beneficial."

View user profile
Jingyi's concentration broke at Dylan's words, her eyes opening to look at the man. Her cheeks turned red at his compliments, but she decided not to object, for if he honestly thought so then why insult it by denying his words?

But at his request, Jingyi nodded her head, the key lowering as she offered Dylan a smile. "I would love to help you, it would be only fair after all," she replied with a brief chuckle before continuing to talk, "And I do have a dream. I want to advance in Kou's military and get a high rank. It's something my father never got the chance to do, and I want to do it for him," she informed as she shifted from one foot to another.

Her gaze looked back down at the key, her thumb running over the handle as she smiled softly to herself. With this she certainly would have an edge to help her get closer- how knows, maybe one day she could even throw her weight at a dungeon?

Mentally shaking the thought away, Jingyi looked back at Dylan, only her head didn't raise as she peered at him. "And you? What are your "aspirations"?" She questioned, a smile growing on her face as she rubbed the back of her neck with a hand.

View user profile
Dylan was happy to see Jingyi coming around as he had expected. It was a smooth process thus far, but this was the first time it had worked on someone so talented, he was rather cocky about the situation, but his expressions remained as calm as ever.

"Well, I haven't given it much thought, but they say that if you can conquer a dungeon, you're destined to become a king. So maybe perhaps, the king of the world?" He laughed a bit as if he was joking. He wasn't quite strong yet nor did he have much influence in the world, but it was something he longed for his whole life. "So, how would you feel about being the commander of the armies of the whole world? It'd require you to challenge every nation, but that should sound like a dream for someone who aspires to be a commander from Kou."

View user profile
Jingyi's eyebrows rose as he mentioned that his own aspirations were to be king of the world - a lofty dream indeed. That would be incredibly hard, either dominating each army he came into a fight with or gaining the support of the citizens and convincing them to overthrow their own rulers. But both paths promised hardship, suspicion, and enemies.

But his next question prompted her to tilt her head, her hand naturally but somewhat nervously brushing her hair behind her ear. Becoming an officer or even a general would be a hard march for her, not that she was afraid of it, but the commander of every army in the world? It would certainly overpass anything her father had reached, and she supposed that it would make him proud. But it brought everything she wanted for her dream! Military success and fame, people would bound to know her if she leads each military, along with cool powers. But would she be able to handle controlling all of those soldiers? Their lives would be in her hands, and a wrong move could hurt many.

But still, the thought of it enticed the woman. Becoming a grand general of a powerful army, if not the most powerful army in the world. It would for sure surpassed anything that she had dreamed about since she was a child.

View user profile
Dylan wasn't quite sure of Jingyi's reaction, but he was certain that everything until now had been going according to plan. Now it only made sense to give her some space to take time to think about the offer and her own future.

"Well, how about you become a general within Kou. There is no place where you can learn such skills nor get the amount of experience Kou can provide. " He paused as he stepped away for a moment but turned back. "I will be taking care of a few things but I will come and find you once you reach your goals unless something interesting happens."

[End]

View user profile
Jingyi's mouth opened in protest as Dylan revealed that he would be leaving, but she quickly closed it. She couldn't expect him to stay forever, he surely had plans and his own business to deal with.

Offering a smile, Jingyi squeezed the key in her palm, "Alright, Dylan. I'll see you then," she replied before gently putting the weapon away. She would have to practice with it later so she could proficiently use it during her jobs.

"I hope you have a nice day!" She added after a pause before waving to the other man. With that, she turned around and started to leave. She had work to do if she was going to try to become an officer and scratch to the ranks of becoming a general of Kou. But if she believed in herself and grew to be strong enough, surely she would be able to do it.

[End]

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum