Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Neutrals [Job/Solo] Empty The Neutrals [Job/Solo] 25/02/17, 07:26 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Details:

WC: 562/500

Jingyi pulled all the hair she could into a small ponytail before using pins to keep her bangs out of her face. With that done the woman walked out to where the rest of the volunteers were getting ready to open up the soup kitchen.

Thirty minutes barely passed before the doors were officially opened and people started to rush in. Jingyi watched them before pushing herself to smile. She had to smile- she was lucky that her family were far away from the combat, and she herself was relatively unhurt by the civil war. But these people were not so fortunate.

So, the woman smiled in an affable way as she filled her ladle with soup before pouring it into the outstretched bowls in front of her. The following hour quickly passed in the same way, bowl after bowl filled with soup. Each visitor similar to the one before them, each with a hollow look in their eyes. As if asking themselves, "How did I end up here? How did I fall so much that I need free hand-outs?"

Jingyi wondered the same thing herself. How could Kou start to tear itself so easily? How could its own people willingly fight their own brothers- sure they believed in different things but that didn't change the fact that they were slaughtering each other. It was obvious to the woman that Yoshriou was the obvious choice for their ruler- it would be better to believe in the promise of peace rather than go back to a leader who would drag Kou back onto the path of mindless war.

"Excuse me ma'am, but can you pour me some soup?" The words dragged the woman out of her thoughts, her face reddening at the fact that she was so caught up that she had forgotten to serve the poor man.

"Y-yes, of course!" She exclaimed, filling her ladle twice with soup and pouring it into his bowl. And on he shuffled, the person beside him stepping forwards to receive his own bowlful of food.

Two more hours passed before stations were shifted and the current volunteers would receive a brief break. Jingyi walked out to the back room and sat down before stretching her arms above her back. A refreshing pop was heard before Jingyi's body slacked into a relaxed position. Her gaze shifted from co-worker to worker, her foot tapping impatiently as she waited to go back onto shift. There were people that needed to be fed!

"Hey, you, and you!" Shouted one of the managers, pulling Jingyi's attention to him. She quickly pointed to herself before getting to her feet and wandering over to him, along with the other man he had pointed at.

"Alright, there's more people coming in now and we need more washers in the kitchen. I know you're on break an' all, but do you think you could go help?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing together to form a furry caterpillar across his face.

"Sir, yes sir!" Jingyi replied, nodding her head as she smiled to the manager before turning and walking towards the kitchen area. Behind her the other man quickly followed behind, stumbling along. And that's how Jingyi spent the rest of her hours at the soup kitchen, cleaning dishes and drying them off with a rag.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum