Zadi
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Balancing Tournament Empty The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 12:45 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, so I suggested this elsewhere but I don't think the point got across exactly how I wanted it to; I suggest we hold a tournament between PCs in which we pit everyone against each other in some sort of tournament format in order to see just how OP (over powered) some classes really are/can be.

Believe it or not, but this kind of tournament will help solve several disputes, but I won't list any. You'll just have to see for yourself what happens after the dust settles. Granted, I would be assuming too much if I just said "this and this will be seen and therefore changed". The results of this tournament will decide what changes may need to be made for balancing purposes. This could also be fun, so why not?

Anyway, there won't be any special rules in place for this tournament. Simply put, you will battle against someone using their most up-to-date character build. Regardless of rank, class, Djinn, Divine Staff, RP skill, and etc, you WILL fight someone eventually. So without further ado;

Sign-Up Sheet;

• Zadi - Warrior(A)/Ranger(A)
  • Trently - Warrior(C)
  • Merrze - Warrior(A)/Beast Tamer(B)
  • Ariel - Magician(C)
  • Zafar - Assassin(B)/Beast Tamer(C)
  • Azeo - Magician(C)
  • Job - Magician(C)
  • Vodarara - Ranger(A)/Assassin(B)/Beast Tamer(D)
  • Lagi - Beast Tamer(Omega)/Body Manipulator(A)/Assassin(B)
  • Rain/Ariel - Warrior(D)
  • Aquila/Ariel - Assassin(C)
  • Jingyi - Warrior(B)

Last edited by Zadi on 22/04/17, 08:03 pm; edited 12 times in total

2The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 03:03 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I won't be joining since I'm not particularly comfortable with PvP but I just wanted to give you a notice.

I'm not sure if you're using the Coliseum for this but I would recommend setting up these PvP threads in the OOC RP Area using the setting of the Coliseum. Only because I don't want certain people dragged out of Kou right now.

I do not personally agree with this sort of set up only because there is a lot of independent variables that go into this. Everyone has a different skill level in fighting in terms of writing or decision making. There are also a lot of different tiers and classes. I just don't wish for this to start a huge problem of people calling things "OP" just because they lost or were out skilled. For example, a Djinn weilder could be called OP just because they won against someone without a Djinn but that may not even be the case. Though, I am not denying you from running this. So please, don't get the wrong idea. I would have rather have this be a normal tournament instead of a "balancing" one, that's all.

But good luck to anyone who enters!

3The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 03:17 pm

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sign me up!

4The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 04:34 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Trently signed in~

Anyway, let me worry about the end results, Diana. Granted, I'm pretty sure the end results are going to be easy enough to interpret; if one class seems to consistently overwhelm another, regardless of RP skill, then maybe there's a balancing issue (but maybe not). And obviously this is OOC (otherwise I wouldn't have posted in this section). As simply as I can put it, the more the merrier.

5The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 04:50 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze signing up, you can bet your sweet patootie I wanna use my djinn

6The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 05:08 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Not that I'm complaining about the current turn out of volunteers, but this tournament needs as many participants as possible. If only warriors sign up, then the results will be...unsatisfactory, to say the least.

As I said, the more the merrier.

7The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 05:42 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'll sign up. I need to practice my pvp skills anyways.

8The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 09:56 pm

Zafar

Zafar
β-Tier
β-Tier

When are you looking to have this take place? I won't be available for any rping until some point after March 3rd. I'd like to participate but will not be able to during this month.

Also, as Diana said, I don't think the tournament will really paint any sort of clear picture on what needs nerfing or buffing. The system is intentionally built so that RP skill can allow a D-tier of any race/class to defeat an A-tier of any race/class given the right scenario and skill differences between the players.

That said, it could certainly give some insight into how PvP works and how different abilities can be leveraged for our players who are less experienced, so I think it's worth doing.

9The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 10:30 pm

Neppy

Neppy
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'll sign up

10The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/02/17, 11:54 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

There is no set date, but I'll keep "after March 3rd" in mind. Theoretically, when there are lots of volunteers, we will just about start. Also, I never explicitly stated there would be clear results, but I guess I may have implied that there would be clear results so...meh, well, only time will tell.

PS. I simplified the sign up sheet because I'm lazy.

PPS. MORE! please...

11The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 23/02/17, 12:20 am

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

I'll bring job to this due to the dearth of warriors just pretend I'm Job (I'm too lazy to change accounts right now)

12The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 25/02/17, 05:51 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ideally this tournament will take place when more than 8 characters sign up. However, I could live with just 8 if that's what it takes. Granted, with just 8 characters and mostly 2 classes being represented, most of which are one tier or another, this tournament will simply end up being "just for fun". I didn't want to waste anybody's valuable time with a "just for fun" tournament, but if you are still willing to participate then that's cool. Those that aren't familiar or comfortable with personally participating in a PvP battle will at least get to spectate and maybe feel entertained.

13The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 25/02/17, 06:24 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I guess we need a ranger primary ?

Also i suggest we run the test with no traits in effect.

14The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 25/02/17, 06:53 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Added to the sign up sheet~

So, I kinda understand why you suggest what you did, but I'm not you. Therefore, could you elaborate?

15The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 27/02/17, 06:11 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

10,000 Huang for those that sign up now. For those that have already signed up, you get one free anything from here https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3926-gfx-shop

Sorry if the rewards for signing up aren't glamorous enough. Basically all I've got.

Please sign up...

Lagi and I had a different agreement. Anyway, the rules for this are in the works. Just wait.

Last edited by Zadi on 13/03/17, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

16The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 13/03/17, 02:33 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

i'll play, if i get finished in time..

17The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 17/03/17, 05:08 pm

Rain

Rain
C-Tier
C-Tier

What am I doing with my life x_x
I'm including Rain and Aquila too. Cause why not make my life more difficult lol.

18The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 29/03/17, 08:14 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hey Rain, who's alt are you? And if you could give me the details of Aquila's tier and class(es), too.

Anyway, I've taken some time to REALLY think about this tournament and decided "f*ck it. why not pit high tier characters against low tier characters in order to force the low tier characters to think about their actions? Maybe we'll get to see a high tier character make a tiny mistake and pay for it WITH THEIR *LIFE!"

*Metaphorically speaking. No real death since this is OOC~

So yeah, no balancing of any sort. If someone is not ok with that, please post below. However, think about this (if you're low tier); this is a great opportunity to safely do battle against a juggernaut higher tier character. If you are higher tier, consider this; you'll still be able to do battle against characters of similar tier (round robin format, more or less. Alts kinda make this complicated).

19The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 29/03/17, 09:51 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm so dead. Dammit. Thanks, Zadi. Oh well~ I would like to see what I can manage with my characters right now.

Rain and Aquila are mine.
Aquila is a C-Tier Assassin.

20The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 09/04/17, 08:07 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, so it seems either everyone forgot about this thread or nobody has a problem with the current format. From now on, please pay attention to this thread as I'll be dolling out matches left and right. When the match is complete, both participants post below with the results (and if you feel so inclined, also post a reason for the result of the match aka what caused you to win/lose? No complaints/bragging though, simple observations only, but only if you feel like sharing~).

So then, the first handful of matches will be;

Aquila vs. Aseo
Lagi vs. Merrze
Vodarara vs. Zafar
Rain vs. Job
Zafar vs. Trently

Five matches right now. I'm trying to get a feel for how to manage something like this so I didn't include myself. I also tried to even out the tiers between characters. Anyway, no time limits to when you post. Just keep these few reminders in mind;

Setting/Rule Set - Coliseum
Posting Area - OOC RP Area

Good Luck~ KILL EACH OTHER!!!

Last edited by Zadi on 10/04/17, 07:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

21The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 09/04/17, 08:12 pm

Zafar

Zafar
β-Tier
β-Tier

I haven't seen Vodarara around for a while. Gonna wait to see if he's still interested before posting. I'll send him a pm to ask right now. How long should I wait before asking for a new match up if he's MIA?

22The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 09/04/17, 08:25 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hmmm, between 1 or 2 weeks. Granted, since I basically said to take your time, you can decide how long to wait~

23The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/04/17, 07:53 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

I would like to sign Jingyi up for this if this is still open to join.

24The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 22/04/17, 08:02 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sure. Nobody has started yet, but I can't give you a match right now unless someone posts below saying they wish to have a match right now. I don't want to keep double matching individuals like I did with Zafar or Ariel and her alts, but those were special exceptions considering the circumstances. Anyway, thanks for joining~

25The Balancing Tournament Empty Re: The Balancing Tournament 12/05/17, 02:07 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm getting too bored for my own good, so I'd like to just ask everyone in the tournament; who wants to get their match against Zadi over and done with? I was gonna wait until I became acclimated to this tournament's speed and seeing as everyone will truly take their time (which I don't mind that much), etc.

So yeah, again, who's ready to take on Zadi right now? First come, first serve~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum