Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Hurt Couture
Tier: D
Class: Magician
Type: Offensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must apply barb prior to attack, must wave staff over barbed area
Scaling: Damage
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1 post
Cost: 10 Magoi | 5
Description:

Aoife conjures an unruly rose thorn using life magic and places it onto her robe to strike attackers at a slight delay. The attack will strike the assailant at close range for D tier damage. The enchanted barb will only last one post.

Dryad
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must wave staff in vertical motion
Scaling: AoE
Description:

Using life magic, Aoife conjures up a 3m tall plant-form that ejects barbed needles to all enemies around it up to 5m away for D tier damage.

Close Vine
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must swing staff to control motion
Description:

Harnessing the power of life magic, Aoife conjures a 10cm thick and 5m long vine from the tip of her staff, and swings it around in front of her, close-lining any enemies in the path for D tier damage.

Healing Herbs
Type: Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must wave staff in radial motion
Description:

Harnessing the power of life magic, Aoife sends healing power through the ground up to a 3m radius around her, enabling the ground to healing allies for D tier damage.

Tater Shots
Tier: C
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must chant and wave wand
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: 20 Magoi | 10
Description:

Manipulating the earth beneath her with life magic, Aoife conjures one 30cm (in diameter) enchanted potato from the earth and waves her wand to send the potato flying at an opponent up to 10m away, dealing C tier damage.

Last edited by Aoife Reis on 13/02/17, 09:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

2The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 03:50 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

The sustain section is a count. Every time you sustain an ability in a thread, the count goes up by one. So since you've never sustained any of these abilities before, the count should be at 0.

• Hurt Couture

• Keep in mind after one post is up, the ability must be sustained in order to keep using it.

• Since this is only an offensive ability, if you're hit, you still concur damage even with this ability in effect.

• Dryad

• Because it can cause damage to an entire area, the initial area of effect should be 5 meters.

• Close Vine

• The length of the vine should be reduced 10 meters.

• Healing Herbs

• For a D-Tier ability, the radius should be more like 3 meters. With 10 meters, we're looking at a 30-foot range.

• If we're following your line of thought, on a rocky terrain, you would need to scale the ability twice in order for it to have any effect.

• From my understanding of this ability's function, scaling allows you to use this ability anywhere. If you scale it once on a terrain with only soil, the ability would heal D-Tier wounds.

• Tater Shots

• Welcome to a site with no armor! Well, I suppose you can have armor but it won't reduce damage dealt or anything. So you might as well remove the 'deals less against armored foes'.

• Reduce the length the flying potato can travel to 15 meters.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

3The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 03:21 pm

Aoife Reis

Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Fixed all the errors!

Hurt Couture: Yes, the idea is that the barb flies off only when Aoife sustains damage. Think of it as a last-ditch revenge move.

Healing Herbs: That was 100% all my line of thought--let me know if I need to make it more clear in the description?

Tater Shots: I really just wanted to include something about being hit with a giant spud.

Shard of Solomon x1
Trait Points x2

The First Batch of Spells  EstB7cX

4The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 07:23 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

• Hurt Couture

Alright, this ability is fine as it is. However, I don't like the idea of forcing someone to take damage because of something like that. Perhaps, give it a slight delay before it strikes back at your enemy or something that could give off a warning at least. Also state that this will only last 1 post, because that's how long any kind of D-Tier ability will last. You can still sustain it in battle, though. Oh and also add a staff/wand motion to the requirements/drawbacks.

• Dryad

Okay, so with this ability do you want it to deal damage or actually poison your enemies because as a D-Tier ability it can only do one of those things. Also with the requirements/drawbacks just change it to a basic wand/staff motion, because every spell technically requires you to chant the name.

• Close Vine

A 10m long vine you can swing around sounds a bit too much for a D-Tier ability. If this was a projectile that only went one way, then 10m would be fine but this is a bit more than that. I would suggest nerfing the range to about 5m and changing the range from Long to Medium. If anyone has anything against that decision, feel free to correct me.

• Healing Herbs

You can remove the part saying you can't heal if there isn't vegetation on the ground, as it limits you when you don't have to be limited. So with that being said, also change the requirements/drawbacks to just a normal wand/staff motion.

• Tater Shots

This ability is quite silly, but tbh I won't tell you to scrap it, simply because I like the idea of someone shooting potatoes at their enemy. State the size of the potato and nerf the range to 10m instead of 15m.

The First Batch of Spells  BgH0fcQ
---
Traits Points: 0/8
Shards of Solomon: x2

5The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 07:30 pm

Aoife Reis

Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Alright, edited it with your suggestions!

I really want to drive home the idea that the potato is comically big.

Shard of Solomon x1
Trait Points x2

6The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 07:37 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oop, just about everything looks good. However, I think with Dryad you forgot to change the last part to say barbed needles instead of poisonous powder. Also with Hurt Couture, Dryad, and Close Vine, you don't have to specify the scaling/sustaining parts at the end of them.

---

7The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 09:05 pm

Aoife Reis

Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Can't believe I missed that--it should be done now!

Shard of Solomon x1
Trait Points x2

8The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 13/02/17, 09:09 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

The First Batch of Spells  HVhvTYv

Alright, I think that should be it then! Add the following abilities to your vault.~ ^^

Code:
[center][b]Hurt Couture[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must apply barb prior to attack, must wave staff over barbed area
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 post
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Aoife conjures an unruly rose thorn using life magic and places it onto her robe to strike attackers at a slight delay. The attack will strike the assailant at close range for D tier damage. The enchanted barb will only last one post.[/list]

[center][b]Dryad[/b][/center]
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must wave staff in vertical motion
[b]Scaling:[/b] AoE
[list]
Using life magic, Aoife conjures up a 3m tall plant-form that ejects barbed needles to all enemies around it up to 5m away for D tier damage.[/list]

[center][b]Close Vine[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must swing staff to control motion
[list]
Harnessing the power of life magic, Aoife conjures a 10cm thick and 5m long vine from the tip of her staff, and swings it around in front of her, close-lining any enemies in the path for D tier damage. [/list]

[center][b]Healing Herbs[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must wave staff in radial motion
[list]
Harnessing the power of life magic, Aoife sends healing power through the ground up to a 3m radius around her, enabling the ground to healing allies for D tier damage.[/list]

[center][b]Tater Shots[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must chant and wave wand
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10
[list]
Manipulating the earth beneath her with life magic, Aoife conjures one 30cm (in diameter) enchanted potato from the earth and waves her wand to send the potato flying at an opponent up to 10m away, dealing C tier damage. [/list]

---

9The First Batch of Spells  Empty Re: The First Batch of Spells 14/02/17, 02:24 am

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I actually messed up with your Tater Shots ability, so I'm reapproving it but with a 15m range again. Please excuse me for telling you to fix that earlier, I'm a major derp. So add the code down below in your vault instead of the Tater Shots code I gave you before.

Code:
[center][b]Tater Shots[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must chant and wave wand
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10
[list]
Manipulating the earth beneath her with life magic, Aoife conjures one 30cm (in diameter) enchanted potato from the earth and waves her wand to send the potato flying at an opponent up to 15m away, dealing C tier damage. [/list]

---

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum