You are not connected. Please login or register

Caught Shadowing [Social | Vardreth]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Caught Shadowing [Social | Vardreth] on 30/01/17, 12:12 pm

Adrastos and Hades looked at each other then looked at Vardreth. There were three options at that point: tell Vardreth the truth, play along with his ignorance, or act ignorant himself. The first two options had their own rewards, but the third could offer the opportunity to spy on Vardreth since the mercenary was obviously keeping tabs on him. Unfortunately, he couldn’t figure out how to pull the third option.

“A magician disguised as a cat?” The magician shook his head. “First off, even I don’t think I could do that. Hades is a talking cat. I received him as a gift for trials I surpassed under difficult circumstances. His name was Thyme, but I figured he needed a new name since I’m his new owner.”

Hades had made his way onto Adrastos’ shoulder and sat there, staring at Vardreth. “You don’t know much about the world, do you?”

Last edited by Adrastos Thanatos on 19/02/17, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Vavatine | Adrastos Thanatos
View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Vardreth's eyes jumped up in surprise. Is that truly a talking beast? I wonder what kind of magic was involved in this... Well, it looks like I'll have to ask some questions later... Vardreth shook his head while wryly shrugging his shoulders. "You could say that, but I think it's even more strange that others would say that it is normal to see those such as yourself. Most of my knowledge on magic is only regarding military application of such..."

Vardreth shook his head, and then turned his attention back to Neo. Leveling his sword towards the man, Vardreth furrowed his brows. "Don't dodge." Magoi flowed through the weapon, creating Desceld's Blessing. A strong coursing of the magic flowed. A golden mist appeared, creating the image of a dragon which let out a silent roar before crashing towards Neo.

If the man did not dodge it, Vardreth would activate the spell and Neo would soon feel the coursing life flow heal his body's wounds. "As for following you, well, you left without saying anything in the middle of the night. To my knowledge, without orders. But it looks like you found some movements of our opposition out. I'm impressed." Vardreth motioned his head towards the exit of the town, wordlessly suggesting they start to head back to camp.

OOC:
Magoi: 360/390
Stamina: 440/440

items used:

Name: Desceld
Tier: A
Type: Sword
Magic Type: Life
Appearance: This katana appears to be a straightforward weapon, though it has magic imbued within the hilt. The  blade itself is fairly standard. The handle is 13 cm in length, with the blade being 57 cm in length, making the total size of weapon 70 cm.
Function:

• Gold Dragon Garden - Feeding magoi into the hilt while the sword's blade is touching the earth causes four vines to sprout from the ground. Each vine coils in the style of a Chinese dragon with claw-shaped leaves and a blooming bud that resembles the jaws of a dragon. Inside each bud is a golden peach. Eating the peach causes C-tier healing throughout the body. The plants may grow anywhere within 3m of the user and grow to be 1.5m tall. 10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.

Spells:

• Gold Dragon's Blessing:

Gold Dragon's Blessing
    Tier: B
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short
    Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have the hilt in their hand in order to feed magoi into the weapon and activate the ability.
    Scaling: Damage
    Sustain: -
    Cool Down: 3 posts
    Cost: 15 Magoi
    Description:

• The spell creates a 1 meter long, .2 meter diameter dragon from golden mist made of life magic.
    • This 'dragon' moves and flies about at the will of and within 3 meters of the caster.
    • Upon coming into contact with a living being, the caster may choose to activate its effect. T
    • The mist enters and dwells within the body of a being it came into contact with after activation, creating an imprint of that living creature's body's peak condition. It advances the healing process of the body, healing up to B-Ter damage that was dealt to the body.

• Dragon Flower's Bite:

Dragon Flower's Bite
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Medium
    Requirements/Drawbacks: At least one instance of Desceld's function must already be in use.
    Scaling: The number of plants that may bite double with every 10 magoi that is invested. A portion of the blade must be touching the earth, and the user must channel their magoi through the hilt of Desceld.
    Cool Down: 4
    Cost: 20
    Description:

• One of the Gold Dragon Garden's bloomed buds, shaped as the head of a Dragon, bites down with its flower, dealing A-Tier damage to whatever was caught within its mouth.

• Gold Dragon Garden's Tail and Fin:

Gold Dragon Garden's Tail and Fin
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Long
    Requirements/Drawbacks: At least one instance of the function for Desceld, Gold Dragon Garden, must be in use.
    Scaling: For every additional 10 magoi, the length of the tail and fin increases by 5 meters.
    Cool Down: 4
    Cost: 20
    Description:

• The root of the Gold Dragon Garden grow, expanding after being fed magoi. This creates a root that shoots up from the ground to 10 meters in height.
    • The root grows a razor-sharp leaf in the shape of a dragon's fin that is 10 meters long, 10 cm thick (tapering off to be razor-thin at its edge). upon this root and leaf are 'scales' made from thorns, equally sharp.
    • The tail proceeds to spin around like a blender, dealing A-Tier damage to those that come in contact with it, whether it is contact with the blade or with the root/blade's body from the sharpness of the thorns.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA2ZMQ1gZ0
The magician’s initial reaction to Vardreth unsheathing his sword was to go on the defensive, but as suggested, Adrastos didn’t move, allowing the mercenary’s blade to heal him. He straightened himself as he put his wand away. “I’m not accustomed to telling people where I go or getting permission. I’m normally the one giving orders.”

Hades jumped up onto his master’s shoulder and rubbed against his neck. “Well, there are many strange things in this world. Like the mysterious structures that have appeared in the past. Within those, there are many strange creatures, some like me and others more monstrous. It was there that─” Adrastos cleared his throat. “We need to head back. There’s no call for stories, and I’m tired.”

Adrastos walked ahead of Vardreth in the direction of the encampment. He didn’t want Vardreth knowing he went into a dungeon. He didn’t want him to know anything at all. The cat loved to talk a lot, a flaw in the magician’s eyes, but the cat was still reliable in his own way.

[EXIT]

Last edited by Adrastos Thanatos on 22/02/17, 06:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vavatine | Adrastos Thanatos
View user profile

Vardreth

Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier
Vardreth shrugged as Adrastos advised he was not accustomed to telling people of his whereabouts. He showed an aura of leadership, making it apparent that his status outside of their interactions was somewhat high. When the cat began to speak, Vardreth listened with a half-interest.

Things like the cat were definitely a rarity in Vardreth's eyes, and to be capable of learning what else may be out there? He would not give up that opportunity. Knowing what kind of things could show up as opposition on the field of battle would definitely affect his battle plans in the future.

Although the intentions of Vardreth were as such, Adrastos called for heading back to camp and cut the cat's story short. Vardreth took a whistle out from his shirt, blowing on it. Moments later, his horse appeared. Vardreth jumped up on it, sliding into the saddle with a practiced ease. The group headed back to camp in silence.

OOC:

Originally more was expected to happen in this interaction, but I think we can both agree that we need to make room for other threads. See ya in the next thread :).

[Exit]

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA2ZMQ1gZ0

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum