You are not connected. Please login or register

Redoing and Upgrading Old Abilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Redoing and Upgrading Old Abilities on 31/12/16, 05:48 pm

I've decided I'm going to redo some of these since when I made them, I didn't officially understand the combat system, so some of these are broken to all hell. Original abilities will be displayed above the new ones. There's some details in-between each, new and old, ability as to why I did what I did.

Flurry, Upgrading it!:
Flurry
Tier: D
Class: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have a firm grip and arm must not be crippled. Needs two swords in order to scale this ability.
Scaling: Amount - The number of hits or projectiles will double for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1 Turns
Cost: 10 Stamina | 5 sustained
Description:

The user slashes their sword horizontally cutting towards the target for D-tier damage. If scaled, the user will slash with their other sword from the opposite direction.

Just Upgrading this ability to B-tier

Flurry
Tier: B
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have a firm grip and arm must not be crippled. Needs two swords in order to scale this ability.
Scaling: Amount - The number of hits or projectiles will double for every 10 magoi/stamina that is invested.
Cool Down: 3 Turns
Cost: 10 Stamina | 5 sustained
Description:

The user slashes their sword horizontally cutting towards the target for B-tier damage. If scaled, the user will slash with their other sword from the opposite direction.

Power Kick:
Power-Kick
Requirements/Drawbacks: Users legs can't be crippled. At least one leg must be planted firmly.
Scaling: Range - Distance the enemy is kicked back increases by 5m for every 10 stamina invested
Cool Down: 1 Post
Cost: 10
Description:

Julius delivers a swift and powerful kick to his opponent that has enough force behind it to send them flying around 3m in the opposite direction.

So I added an effect here and removed a drawback for more creative writing such as running dive kicks and such.

Power-Kick
Type: Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks: Users legs can't be crippled.
Scaling: Range - Distance the enemy is kicked back increases by 5m for every 10 stamina invested
Description:

Julius delivers a swift and powerful kick to his opponent that has enough force behind it to send them flying around 3m in the opposite direction. Can be used to knock one person into other people.

Cowardly Run into Cowardly Sprint:
Cowardly Run
Type: Defensive
Range: N/A
Requirements/Drawbacks: Can't use weapons during this time. Needs to run in the opposite direction of the opponent... Needs to scream at the top of his lunges.
Scaling: Range - Distance fled increases by 5m for each 10 stamina invested.
Description:

Julius, in a cowardly display, fleeing (usually for his life)in the opposite direction of his enemy. He moves faster than his normal speeds traveling up to 3m. This is also based around adrenaline, so his body ignores most pains and poisons that could potentially weaken him and his sprint. He can't stop until he's out of immediate danger.

I must've been drunk when I wrote that. It makes no sense.

Cowardly Sprint
Tier: C
Type: Supplementary / Defensive
Range: N/A
Requirements/Drawbacks: User needs to run away from his opponent and can't stop running till he's finished. Can't fight with his opponents in the midst of this.
Scaling: Speed - Increases speed ran by 1 tier every 10 stamina invested
Description:
[list]
Julius flees for his life in a cowardly display. Upon using this ability, Julius's speed increases by 1 tier until he stops running. Julius also dodges D-tier projectile abilities while in this state of running.

Throw Sand:
Throw Sand
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must take a split second to bend down and throw sand, usually used before a fight for early advantage. User needs to be on loose ground or next to something like a bag of rice in order to use properly.
Scaling: 1 post added to blind effect for each 10 stamina invested
Cool Down: 1 Turn
Cost: 10 Stamina
Description:

The user picks up whatever's loose and close, such as sand, gravel, or dirt and throws it to temporarily blind a person. This creates a .5m cone of sand which can partially blinds someone for 1 post if it gets into their eyes. Victims suffer tearing and blurry vision along with irritation.

Just fixed some writing.

Throw Sand
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: User must take a split second to bend their legs and throw sand, usually used before a fight for early advantage. User needs to be on loose ground or next to something like a bag of rice in order to use properly.
Scaling: 1 post added to blind effect for each 10 stamina invested
Cool Down: 1 Turn
Cost: 10 Stamina
Description:

The user picks up whatever's loose and close, such as sand, gravel, or dirt and throws it to temporarily blind a person. This creates a .5m cone of sand which can partially blinds someone for 1 post if it gets into their eyes. Victims suffer tearing and blurry vision along with irritation.

Critical Strike:
Critical Strike
Requirements/Drawbacks: Character must be using a bladed weapon. Needs two weapons and must raise them overhead before executing.
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20
Description:

Julius raises both swords into the air and brings them both down in a mighty thrust. Each sword deals D-tier damage.

Changed a couple details regarding how many swords were required and made it an added effect.

Critical Strike
Requirements/Drawbacks: Julius must raise a sword above his head to execute.
Scaling: Damage - Scaled to do a single tier more damage.
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20
Description:

Julius raises a sword into the air and brings it down in a mighty cleave. Sword deals C-tier damage. Can be used with both swords at once in order to double the damage. (Counts as a sustain).

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Julius's Theme:
View user profile
  • Flurry

• Cost never got updated. Make sure to change it to 30 | 15.

• Cowardly Sprint

• There's no tiers in terms of speed. There isn't much in the way of development when it comes to speed.

• I'm not sure how the tier of an ability would affect your ability to dodge these attacks.

• Do you mind furthering how this ability increases your speed?

• Throw Sand

• You don't need an ability to be able to pick up sand or etc. and throw it at your opponent. I'd honestly use that slot for another ability. Remember, there is a limit to how many abilities you are allowed.

Critical Strike:
Code:
[center][b]Critical Strike[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Julius must raise a sword above his head to execute.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage - Scaled to do a single tier more damage.
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[b]Description:[/b]

[list][*]Julius raises a sword into the air and brings it down in a mighty cleave. Sword deals C-tier damage. Can be used with both swords at once in order to double the damage. (Counts as a sustain).[/list]

Power Kick:
Code:
[center][b]Power-Kick[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Users legs can't be crippled.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Range - Distance the enemy is kicked back increases by 5m for every 10 stamina invested
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 Post
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Description:[/b]

[list][*]Julius delivers a swift and powerful kick to his opponent that has enough force behind it to send them flying around 3m in the opposite direction. Can be used to knock one person into other people.[/list]

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile http://snowykcnomre.deviantart.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum