Sightsee [Solo Job]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sightsee [Solo Job] Empty Sightsee [Solo Job] 25/12/16, 09:20 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

"Have you heard of the monks in the mountains? Rumor has it they can answer any question you have," Ma Ju-long questioned Ariel in a hushed tone.

Ariel scoffed and replied, "Why would I care?"

Ma rolled his eyes. "A secret recipe is the key to their knowledge. They're willing to brew it if you can find some of the ingredients. Some have reported they're paying people to collect those ingredients. Aren't you searching for a job?" Ma explained.

Ariel sighed. He settled his mug down on the table. He glanced to the side of him, at Ma. The oriental man's golden eyes peered curiously at Ariel. Ma awaited an answer. "So? How about it?" he prompted.

Ariel stared grumpily at Ma before he relented, "... Fine."

word count: 126/500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

2Sightsee [Solo Job] Empty Re: Sightsee [Solo Job] 25/12/16, 10:16 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Oh? Hm... I feel kind of bad. You didn't seem half bad. I promise to make the funeral spectacular. Why are you looking at me like that? Oh! Judging by your expression, you've got no clue, huh? No one apparently warned you of the bears and wolves. They swarm the mountains range. That is why we have been awaiting crazy adventurers, like yourself for instance, to get the ingredients for us. Knowing that, you still going to help? Even to your own death? These creatures are known to be pretty vicious," the monk informed Ariel.

"You sure you're not weaving a bit of an exaggerated story? Wolves and bears are not as dangerous as you seem to be making them," Ariel scoffed fearlessly.

"The sheer number of the wolves will overwhelm you in a heartbeat. Get me 15 yellow bloom lilies... Uh, 5 purple tinted tulips... And uh, say 10 green flute reeds? That should do it...? Anyways, if you're not back by say, tomorrow morning? We'll look for your dead body! You'd better get collecting. Bye!" the monk finished with a loud slam in Ariel's face.

word count: 313/500

3Sightsee [Solo Job] Empty Re: Sightsee [Solo Job] 26/12/16, 12:33 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

The black magician irritatedly glared at the set of tall, ornate double doors. A snake coiled around his intestines and squeezed sharply. He tugged at his emotions and eased them away from the temptation to mercilessly destroy the temple that lay before him unguarded. 'The money,' he reminded himself. A mantra to support the weight of his temperamental and viper-like emotions. The snake loosened its grip around his insides. It slowly uncoiled itself while simultaneously slithering away.

"I should have asked for a list," he realized forlornly.

He curled his hand and moved it towards the doors. It stopped just as it hovered over the door. He indecisively withdrew it. He could not, he realized, deal with the monk again. Any more time spent needlessly with the monk, and Ariel risked possibly strangling the bothersome monk.

"15 yellow bloom lilies, 10 green flute reeds, and 5 purple tinted tulips, 15 yellow bloom lilies, 10 green flute..." he continued to chant quietly under his breath.

The magician had been aimlessly wandering around for a few minutes. He hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings, too wrapped up in keeping the list of the plants in his mind. But the snap of a nearby branch alerted him. He glanced behind his shoulder. His eyes widened at the sight of a famished wolf. 'The monk had mentioned something about some wolves and bears that hung around the mountainside,' it occurred to Ariel. He mentally prepared his options. Run or fight. The wolf, weakened by hunger, posed little threat to him, besides the fact the wolf could be acting on its survival instincts rather than rationality. Desperation, in his experience, had the ability to both strengthen and weaken the enemy.

He gazed pityingly at the ravenous creature. Having made up his mind, Ariel pointed his staff at the wolf. The staff's blue orb - the dragon egg - gleamed black. The wolf, startled by the glow, growled and sprinted towards Ariel. The magician turned his head away as the wolf collided with the black light. That didn't keep the wolf's yelp from reaching his ears. He winced at the noise and continued moving.

word count: 680/500

Abilities:

Last edited by Ariel E. Harel on 28/12/16, 10:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

4Sightsee [Solo Job] Empty Re: Sightsee [Solo Job] 27/12/16, 09:21 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

"15 yellow bloom lilies, yup. 10 green flute reeds. Mhm. And 5 purple tinted tulips. I've got 5 purple tulips. That's everything I believe. Hm, it's getting dark. I should head back quickly!" he decided.

Ariel had been lucky to discover a field of all the ingredients he needed. A river flowed through the field. Reeds grew near the banks. Nearby, under a tree, a collection of tulips had been growing stealthily underneath. Finally, next to a tree stump (he wondered what had happened to the rest of the tree), the lilies danced in abundance. He'd been delighted after he spotted the field and collected the ingredients. He had bounced more so than walked back to the temple. The magician had been absolutely delighted. Distancing himself from the city always did him good. It definitely cheered him up and it made him into a more pleasant character. Too bad it took very little to unravel the effect nature seemed to have on Ariel.

Rawr!

The unmistakable roar of an enraged bear set glue to Ariel's steps. He pinned the source of the noise to a nearby forest area. His ears picked up the crunch of leaves and other sounds indicating the paw-steps of a speedily rushing animal. He swore the noise was gradually increasing in volume as if the cause of the noise was approaching him. Having little desire to be at the receiving end of the bear's fury, Ariel fled the scene. But he did not evacuate quickly enough. The bear burst out of the forest before Ariel had a chance to completely clear the field. It eyed the black magician with murderous intent. As the bear had decided to target him, Ariel concluded his only choice brought him to harming the bear. The bear had terrible timing.

White, luminescent butterflies flew in multitude around Ariel's staff. The pure, white light produced transferred into tones of gray and black. The bear lumbered at Ariel, rushing at a high speed. Ariel flicked his staff with a forward motion towards the bear. The orb hit the bear and forcefully sent the impassioned beast back. Ariel spent no time in fleeing. Whether the bear survived the hit or not, Ariel had no intentions of waiting to find out.

Abilities:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum