Faction System

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Faction System Empty Faction System 23/12/16, 05:37 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

First, I'd like to quick apologize if these are a bit messy. I tried to organize my ideas first before putting them here. Second, I would like to express how much I think we would benefit from something like this. Right now, we don't have a definitive system for factions. This would give players something to look forward to in creating factions, guilds, organizations, whatever you want to call them-- for themselves and with others. Giving perks and such would give an incentive to work for the rewards as well. But I'll get into detail later so I don't make this first paragraph too lengthy. I was only going to suggest this if I ever got picked for admin but there really isn't a reason to wait.

Overall

Factions would be similar to creating countries.

After establishing NPC and/or player members through plot development-- players would need to purchase land, be a specific rank, etc. Of course, it won't be as expensive as something like a country but they would need to work towards an end goal in order to make it official.

Similar to countries, they will need to provide ample information of how their faction works, where it's located, and how the chain of command works. When it is finished they may work with staff to create plot perks and an ability or trait unique to the faction. We could also make them simply submit the trait / ability and perks for approval but I feel with such a small thing-- working with staff may be easier.

Details

With purchasing land-- factions may have the option to rent land for a cheaper price but they must pay a certain amount each month to keep their faction up. They could also pay a higher fee to simply buy a bit of land permanently. Renting may be impractical so that idea being scrapped isn't the end of the world. But I just thought it to be more realistic.

Like establishing a country, perhaps they will need to complete a quest chain as well. Just like a country-- most of the members should be NPCs unless it is a very small one which would require the maximum amount of PCs to be recruited for the minimum faction level. The faction leader(s) will be required to designate what country their base is in, what the faction is about, how they work, etc.

Each faction will have three or more levels. It will work like a household. The higher level the faction is-- the more players you may recruit. I want to have this limited only so everyone on the site doesn't flock to one group. People, however, are not bound to them. With a certain word count they may free themselves of it. Just as they would probably need a word count to join it.

As players move up in the ranks, they may receive perks. These perks would probably be similar to how profession perks work-- plot only for the most part. But unique to their faction. When their faction reaches the maximum rank, the members may gain a unique trait or ability. If they leave, however, they may not use the trait or ability. The trait or ability will be temporary in a sense and will not take up an ability slot or trait slot.

I will add more ideas if I think of any. But I believe I covered everything I had for now.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please add them in a post. I'd love to hear feedback on this. I could also make a mock of the system I had in mind if anyone is interested.

2Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 23/12/16, 06:52 pm

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

I'd defintely use thisIt sounds fun and interesting.

3Faction System Empty Re: Faction System 26/12/16, 03:17 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm a huge fan of this idea to be completely honest. It could even help newer/older players who are indecisive about their plot by getting them involved with a large group.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum