Trait questions

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trait questions Empty Trait questions 13/12/16, 12:04 pm

Hannah Voight

Hannah Voight
C-Tier
C-Tier

1Can you have a trait that's higher tier than you are currently?

2. Could certain traits perhaps weaken the effects of certain types of damage to you naturally? Like a warrior could make a D tier trait that can completely nullify D tier melee damage every 5 post?

3. Can some traits give you a natural recovery rate of stamina/magoi? Like a D tier magician trait could recover a D tier skill's amount of Magoi every so many post? Or more of a long shot but can recover 1/2 an attack'a magoi; like I'm hit with a B tier skill and I recover 15 magoi naturally

4. Could traits give discount on certain word count requirements?

5. Can a trait give extra damage or speed to magoi based skills? It seems like they can for melee and physical speed so I assume they could do similar things for a magician.

M
I know this is a lot of questions x.x just trying to figure out how to build my character.

2Trait questions Empty Re: Trait questions 13/12/16, 12:40 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

1. No, you can't have a trait that's higher than your characters tier.

2. I'm not sureven, but maybe someone else from staff can help answer that.

3. To recover magoi/stamina, we have food and rest items. Food regenerates magoi and rest regenerates stamina, but they can only be used after waiting 1 post where battle hasn't occured. There are traits to increase the base pool of stamina or magoi. Whether traits can be used to give a natural recovery, I want to say no because we have food and rest items for that very purpose. Of course, other staff can correct me if I'm wrong or they have a more accurate answer.

4. I see no reason why traits should or could give discount word counts, but another staff member can clarify.

5. There are no speeds on this forum anymore. As far as damage is concerned, you can scale a spell to do more damage if you invest more magoi. I personally don't think I've seen what you're talking about but maybe someone else has and can clarify or answer.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Trait questions 3oCk1sb

Trait questions 7kZv0Du
Trait questions AmCJaPN Trait questions Ltg0RVb Trait questions VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

3Trait questions Empty Re: Trait questions 13/12/16, 02:12 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

1.) As Adrastos stated-- no. :(

2.) Sort of... I mean... Imuchakk have a natural thick skin trait that allows them to take a tier less damage. Negating damage probably wouldn't be allowed unless it was like a poison or elemental damage resistance.

3.) I don't think so. I've never seen anyone with those kind of traits and I just have a gut feeling Duquin would say no.

4.) No, I don't think so. Though if you make a profession-- you can give perks that give word count discounts as long as it makes sense with your profession.

5.) What Adrastos said, basically. To give extra damage to spells you could put damage scaling on them to allow them to deal more damage. Like they said, speed isn't a thing that has a definitive value so probably not. You can't do them for melee or physical speed-- at least for abilities. We do have traits that almost everyone can use in the 'Traits Systems' that are just generic traits for people to use if they don't have any unique ideas.

Trait questions 001
Trait questions 002Trait questions 003

4Trait questions Empty Re: Trait questions 13/12/16, 06:37 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

4.) No, I don't think so. Though if you make a profession-- you can give perks that give word count discounts as long as it makes sense with your profession

Actually, we don't allow word count discounts anywhere anymore. You must have been looking at an old profession for that example.

Anyways, everything else said by the mods, I stand behind.

Thank you all, for everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum