You are not connected. Please login or register

Under Your Skin[Training/Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Under Your Skin[Training/Closed] on 27/11/16, 11:35 am

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
The sound of a bustling in surrounded Zafar, but he clownish assassin showed no interest in participating in the cheer around him. The red haired human was lounging in a chair with one leg crossed over the other as he rapped at a table with one finger. The expression on his face a sullen look as he eyed the piece of paper on the table in front of him. It bore a crimson marking on it that was shaped like a spider with a black crescent moon on its back. This symbol was the mark of the assassin organization which had raised him. But the group was destroyed years ago at Zafar's hand, there were no survivors. The fact that the parchment before him now should have been impossible, but there was no denying the reality of the situation. Zafar had woken from a brief sleep in his inn room only to find the paper placed neatly on a table inside the room.

Upon seeing the paper Zafar immediately froze. Someone had managed to enter his room without waking him. Considering that so much as a fly sneezing could wake the light sleeper, that alone was terrifying to the core. The assassin immediately changed inns, but he knew it was a futile effort, just something he'd been trained to do once a location was compromised. It had been a long long time since Zafar felt something like this. Things like fear were hard to come by when you were a crazy psychopath who enjoys pain and sees no value in life. The organization itself was responsible for shaping Zafar into the kind of man who didn't permit feelings like fear or insecurity to exist within that black hole of his heart. But now there was a cold seat breaking out on his skin and a twitching in his brow as he grit his teeth and slowly reached out for the piece of parchment with a trembling hand.

In a single quick motion, Zafar flipped the paper over so the spider marking would be face down. There on the other side was a set of scribbles that might seem like a child's nonsense at first glance. But the particular curves of the inky mess could crudely make out images if one knew the code. Zafar's mind slowly erased lines and curves, the ink melting away in his minds eye to reveal abstract markings that could be identified as a small rodent, a waxing moon, and an empty hourglass. The message was one used by the group of assassin's that trained him. It meant that he was supposed to meet a contact for a job in the sewers, on a night with a waxing moon, and that there was no delay to be shown on his part. Seeing this, Zafar's mind quivered a bit more. It was somewhat possible that someone outside the group could have copied their symbol, but to have copied the abstract code as well? That was simply too far of a stretch.

There was no more trying to deny it. Someone had survived Zafar's purge of the group. Now they had found him and wanted to meet. He tried numerous times to divine who it might have been, but no faces or names stood out in Zafar's memory. The night of the prescribed moon was only two days away. No matter how much Zafar wracked his brain over the issue, nothing came to mind. Eventually the time had come and Zafar begrudgingly set out to meet whoever had arranged this meeting. Leaving the warmth of indoors and the freshness of open air, the assassin descended into a series of underground tunnels and catacombs that made up Reim's sewage system. An exact location wasn't given on the paper but Zafar knew how the group worked. It would be near the center of the city and there would be some kind of audio cue echoing about the tunnels as he got close to let him know the right direction.

Sure enough, after a short time of wandering the paths to the point where Zafar was no longer sure he knew the way back, a quick tapping on stone could be heard. The taps came and went, like the beams of a lighthouse sweeping across a boat and then abandoning it in darkness until it circled around again. The sound rung out periodically and beckoned Zafar to come find its source. In a matter of minutes, Zafar found his way to a large circular chamber. He stood in the darkness peering into the candle-lit room where an old man was sitting at a chair. He held a polished shin bone which was the tool being used to tap out the luring sound.

"It's about time you arrived, pup. Rather rude of you to keep an old man waiting..."

Zafar's tension and fears gradually fell from his shoulders as he recognized the old man before him. This was a helper of the group known as "Slug" for reasons Zafar never learned. He had been responsible for tending to the various creatures the group used to pass along messages such as birds and insects. The man had disappeared one day during Zafar's training, he'd always assumed that meant that Slug had offended one of the group executives and gotten himself killed for it. No wonder Zafar couldn't think of Slug as a potential survivor.

"Forgive me if I didn't step quickly. I wasn't keen on walking into a meeting with a ghost."

Zafar's words cut through the darkness as did his figure while he stepped out of the tunnel shadows and into the flickering candlelight. "I'm guessing you used one of your beasts to give me this then." Zafar tossed the paper with the group's marking on it towards the old man who let it brush against his shoulder only to fall to the ground. The old man smiled looked at Zafar with milky blind eyes that seemed to recede into their sockets almost as if he were a corpse. "I used a flying spider actually. Rare creature, I only just discovered one in recent months...along with other hard to find beasts." Slug's voice was raspy and weak, but that didn't stop the geezer from letting out an amused chuckle at the end of his sentence. "Please, join me." Slug said as he gestured to the table he was at.

There was a modest spread of food and drink there. One might think that a meal in a sewer was a stinky affair, but this chamber was removed from the waste channels. The only thing foul here was the killer's blood in both men's veins. Zafar slowly walked forward and took a seat only to produce his own cup. It wasn't unusual for food and wine to be at these meetings. It was supposedly part of training to remain sharp in conversation as much as an assassin was sharp as a blade. "The group is dead. I'm no longer bound by their rules or laws. Why did you contact me?" Zafar asked the question with a smile, but his eyes were shooting daggers into old Slug.

Secondary Class Training: 1193/2000

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Character Vault
Let's play a game of chance, shall we?
View user profile

2 Re: Under Your Skin[Training/Closed] on 05/12/16, 07:14 pm

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
The man didn't seem to mind as he reached out with a trembling weak arm to pour wine into both of their cups. Slug remained silent as he served them and then brought the cup to his own lips and downed it all in one go. "Before I retired from the group, it was my life. After I retired, it was still my life. Now that the group is gone, you're the only thing left of my life." Slug's eyes seemed distant as if he were recalling better times. "But now I am dying. I wanted to pass on my legacy to someone before I pass on. Who else could receive it but you?" The old man raised his brows and sounded almost at a loss when he said it. As if he wasn't keen on picking Zafar but had surrendered to the fact that he had little choice.

The red haired assassin narrowed his eyes suspicious of Slug's earnesty in all this, but he took a drink from the cup regardless. "Sorry, Slug. I'm not interested in learning how to tend to birds or mutts. But we're in Reim, the land run by beasts thanks to its missing beast tamer king. Surely you can find someone else to pass your lessons onto." Zafar shrugged his arms and leaned back casually as he brushed off the old man's offer. Zafar placed the cup back onto the table and then stood to take his leave. "Good luck old man, but I won't be receiving anything but that sip of wine from you."

Zafar began to leave but Slug gave a semi-toothless smile and began to hoarsely laugh. "Oh, but you've already accepted my "Love." How could you not accept me legacy? I'll be here every night for the next few evenings. Come back to me once you're ready." He said, sounding extremely confident that Zafar would have a change of heart. But the assassin cared not for his words and was already disappearing back into the darkness of a connecting tunnel. Why would the heartless killed care about an old man's love. The only love Zafar had a need for was his own love for battle and pain.

The next day, Zafar began to feel sick for the first time in a long long time. It was only a mild fever and a headache, something like a common cold. But even so he felt uneasy. There was no poison in the wine or on the cup, he'd taken his own measures to ensure that last night, but he felt as if Slug had something to do with it anyways. Zafar didn't go to a doctor, he simply stayed in an inn wrapping himself in blankets to sweat out the sickness. Another day passed and overnight the sickness faded. Zafar was seemingly cured, but that only served to make him feel even more wary. Sickness doesn't come and pass so swiftly. Matters of the body healing take longer than a single day in most cases. Feeling confused and upset at the prospect of being swindled, Zafar wanted to return to Slug just to punch the old maggot. But he knew that was probably exactly what the old man wanted.

Zafar stubbornly decided to refuse his urge to go get answers from Slug and made the rounds across city doctors instead. None could tell him of a poison or sickness that brings fever and headaches for but a single day. Night fell quickly and by the end of the day Zafar had gotten nowhere, but he also remained staunchly against going to see Slug. Zafar had just returned to his new inn room when suddenly he blacked out, but his body did not collapse from unconsciousness. Rather, some other consciousness took over. Like a zombie, Zafar's body left the inn ignoring all other people. His flesh obediently followed instructions to return to Slug. By the time Zafar was aware of himself again he was already back down in the sewers, although this time it was in a different chamber.

A dungeon of sorts. Chains with cuffs hung from the walls and Zafar's own two wrists were raised above his head secured firmly in an uncomfortable set of rusty steel bindings. A wave of shock and surprise came over Zafar but not fear or panic. No, his icy cold heart was beating firm, his mind still as he surveyed the room and spotted Slug standing there in the gloom with that semi-toothless smile of his. "Neat trick...how'd you do it?" Zafar asked, his voice sharp and his expression grim. Old man Slug replied with a swift jab of a dagger into one of Zafar's legs. "I'm about to teach you how." The hot shock of pain ran through Zafar's body instantly getting a rise out of his darker pleasures. The masochist in him forced Zafar to bite his lower lip as he held back a moan.

"I do love painful lessons, but I didn't ask for this one..."

Slug removed the dagger, slapped some coagulating paste on the wound to prevent him from bleeding out and then stabbed again. "I don't care. By the time you left me you had already sealed your choice." Zafar let out a grunt and clenched both of his fists annoyed at being trapped in a situation like this. "The wine, yes? What kind of trick did you use? Some kind of drug?" Zafar asked as he held back his urges. "A bug actually...worm, really. A parasite I like to call "Love" has already attached itself to your mind..." Another round of paste, another stab. And so it went for days.

By the end of one night, Zafar had several dozen stab wounds, although none were mortal or crippling and many of the first few nights injuries had already healed. During that time, Slug explained to Zafar about the exotic Slave Worm and how it would spread eggs throughout his body. He also explained that the pain he was imparting on Zafar would help his own worm evolve into a Master variant. The same kind that Slug had used to control Zafar's mind and bring him here. Zafar wasn't willing to believe it right up until Slug unchained the assassin only to control him again into stabbing himself one final time. When Zafar's senses returned to him, he was on his ass looking at a tired old man Slug whom had taken a seat.

"There, your worm has mutated now...The control being broken before I willed it is proof...Sick minded bastard, aren't you? Most people would have been stressed enough to mutate it on the first night but you took two weeks...You can make the worm it kill itself with a thought, or you can use it. Either way, I've passed on my legacy now...now I can rest."

Training WC 2000+/2000

Character Vault
View user profile

3 Re: Under Your Skin[Training/Closed] on 05/12/16, 08:04 pm

Zafar

β-Tier
β-Tier
Zafar frowned as he pulled the dagger from his leg and crawled to the pot of paste to treat his wound lest it bleed more. He was already pale before losing lots of blood but now he looked absolutely ghostly. "I don't give a damn about your legacy, I'll kill this thing right awa..." Zafar cut himself off mid sentence as he noticed something different about Slug. The old man was still, too still. He wasn't breathing anymore...Zafar stood and lightning bolts of pleasure shot up and down his body as pain from his injuries went wild. But Zafar suppressed the sensations as best he could. Panting heavily with a blushing face from the pleasure, Zafar limped over to old man Slug and checked for a pulse. He was dead. His purpose fulfilled, whatever last vestige of strength the man was using to cling to life finally let go.

"Tch!...It doesn't have any meaning if you kick the bucket on me..."

Zafar mumbled to himself in frustration as he realized he couldn't scorn the man by showing him his legacy get squandered. From what he'd been taught though, the worm would certainly be useful despite its drawbacks. Afterall, self inflicted pain was already daily for Zafar. Begrudgingly, he decided to keep the strange symbiote for now rather than kill it. "You win old man...but only because you cheated and died on me..." Zafar then left, leaving Slug's corpse behind unceremoniously.

When Zafar returned to the surface, he found that his belongings had been confiscated by the innkeep and sold to market after he'd disappeared and not paid the costs of his room. This was a perfect chance to test out his new parasite and hits mind manipulation powers. After Zafar threatened to cut off the innkeep's tongue if he didn't use it to tell him whom he'd sold Zafar's weapons to, the assassin set out to find a test subject.

After locating the black market merchant, Zafar found that the man had utterly failed to sell Zafar's unique weapons. They were simply too exotic for the average thug to use. So Zafar bought his weapons back, then used them to mug the very merchant he purchased them from to get his money back. Zafar took the mugging as an opportunity to spit in the merchant's mouth. He then spent the next couple days observing the merchant as he got a fever as "Love's" eggs entered the incubation period.

Once the merchant was solidly under the influence of the slave worm, Zafar watched him constantly from the shadows and the rooftops of Reim's shady parts of town. Eventually Zafar began to control the merchant using his master worm giving orders to the slave worm. He found that he could make the merchant do all kinds of things he'd never normally do. Selling merchandise for dirt cheap, attacking his friends, Zafar even got him to kill his favorite prostitute. For a month, Zafar tormented the man leaving him with a broken mind as it was unclear to the merchant that anything other than pure madness had befallen him.

Once Zafar was satisfied with his testing, he controlled the man one last time forcing the merchant to slit his own throat. Having mastered the use of his worm, Zafar began to ponder if it would work on simple beasts as well as humans. He found a random street rat and caught it in hand allowing the foul creature to bite his finger drawing blood. He then kept the rodent in a room and watched it until the incubation period had passed. He found that just like a human, the rat could be controlled. After killing the worthless pest, Zafar left Remano and set out into the forests. If it worked on men and rats, then surely it worked on other beasts too. Zafar would find a creature suitable for his profession and use the slave worm to dominate it.

"I suppose your legacy was useful to me after all, Slug...damn you~"

Training WC 500+/500

[Exit]

Character Vault
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum