You are not connected. Please login or register

Slaver Camp Infiltration!, Old Bosses new commitments. [Aayla]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Time had been troubling that night after the job. Aayla emotional and wanting to focus on moving faster and rushing ahead. Jericho taking his time on her paperwork and having to keep his pen steady the whole night. Calming her with his words while he tried to remember all the proper passage marks of the trade route and slavery issued laws. From slave to citizen was difficult, It was easier to explain in full honestly to be given to a care giver? More indentured in status but tied to another. Its how he worded most of the papers he'd been working on taking brief breaks to try and calm her as well from time to time.

He was quick with his fingers and to the most gently and passionate of points as he worked across the paper. He'd even taken time before he started writing to go over it with rough materials and sand to try and give it that official look. Telling Aayla that way it looked more wore down. Most slaves when they got freedom papers had to show them often or indentured status as they would state. The fact they got lots of wear would have made it clear to most people they were likely forged given the two of them hardly looked like they had means to constantly replace them or keep up a grand appearance at all times given their likely money situations.

It took him sometime but he'd forged a seal as well, maybe not his best work but enough for the simple minded guards and watch to believe his work. He didn't need anything major just enough for travels and to avoid the small time they'd be dealing with. With enough time once he'd won her full cooperation without the need of his leverage over her he'd probably help her gain a actual citizen ship.

For now he just stuck to the penmen ship after that. Trying to think of any recently traveling or ill Noblemen he knew of by name. Or some.. keeping it to himself. Know slave traders that would have his back if the law came asking questions. Forging several signatures of these lords either dead or traveling, Or of slave traders as witness's to the movement of servitude. He'd hoped it would be more then enough to keep them at bay anyone that came snooping or got a little too curious.
-Creating D rank forged papers to make Aayla able to appear legally as not a slave just indentured aid and mostly free.

Jericho was more then exhausted when he'd finally stirred and awoken the next morning but Aayla was still worried. Their camp had just been a thing of emotion and work... He missed the days of just it being silence and enjoying the bounties. But he had to admit... she was nice to have around even if he didn't want to admit it just yet. "Darlin you really need to relax. We can go further into this problem. I've got no desire to aid anyone thats gone that far off the rails. My work is usually ninety person legal. Most of the time...I'm not gonna go making illegal slaves. Thats gonna be double worse for anyone that tries in a land where slavery is legal. Its not only cheatig people out of their lives but the Kou empire out of its taxes for slaving fees. Legal papers and the like." Perhaps not seeing the irony as he went to hand her the papers. Or maybe he just didnt' care about the government either. Daisy still sleeping laying her side against him her face nuzzled in Aaylas lap.

Post wc 588
Topic wc 588
Magoi 70/70
Stamina 130/130

Spoiler:
Job Name: Slaver's Camp Infiltration
Job Rank: C
Job Location: Shu Fang River
Job Rewards: 7,000 Huang, 100 XP
Job Prerequisites: Aayla, 1,000 words
Job Overview:A slaving organization known as the Cerulean troop has a base located nearby the Shu Fang River. While slavery isn't illegal in the Kou Empire, the organization has hardly done everything by the books. They have taken slaves from other countries illegally and have sold them as well, they have broken several laws in regards to enslaved beasts as well as multiple counts of murder against non slaves.

Infiltrate the camp in hopes of finding legal evidence for the city guards to bring down the Cerulean troops!

Enemy:
Enemy Name: Hired Goons (x4)
Needed damage to take down: D
Abilities:
Slash – The hired goons slash their blades forward at 10m/s to inflict D-Tier damage.
Parry - The hired goons is able to parry D-tier attack with their blade.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Jericho's Vault
View user profile

Aayla

C-Tier
C-Tier
Even though Aayla had done her best to relax the night prior, the events had done little to lift her spirits. In fact, they made her even more determined to move forward and accomplish her goals. She wanted to take them down, and she had a good place to start. As Jericho worked away on his own papers, Aayla retrieved a messy folder from her pack. She had found this when they returned to the metal mines after they had chased out the slavers. She couldn't read well, but she knew enough to slowly get through reading the files.

Most of it was in regards to a few transactions all the way out in Heliohapt. Those didn't matter to her just yet, although she didn't disregard the information. Using her finger to read through everything she would soon find a pattern, and a certain location that would repeat itself. The Shu-Fang River. By the sounds of it, there was a sort of depot there... a camp where the more small time slavers of the cerulean troop went to trade slaves among themselves and even deal with small time slave fights.

She frowned as she closed the folder and was about to slap it down onto her lap when she remembered Daisy was resting her head there. She would instead put the folder away in her pack once more and pet Daisy's head lightly. When Jericho told her relax and look further into the information, she would just shake her head as she looked up at him.

"I'm okay... uhm... but, I did find out they have a camp along the river..."
She started to explain, closing the fist that wasn't petting daisy just them. She really wanted to just bust in, fists flying, but she knew he was right and she needed to keep a level head.

"What they did in the mines... it was wrong... it wasn't legal right? I know enough about it to know that... so we should go there... to the camp and we can find some information. We can bring them down that way can't we?"
She would ask him lightly, looking down to Daisy hesitantly. If he didn't agree... well, she could always go at it alone...

WC: 383
Magoi: 50
Stamina: 140/170

View user profile
Daisy rested her head softly upon her lap and seemed relaxed and calm. She seemed to only wriggle lightly into the petting any time it happened and a long drawn out sigh leaving her. She enjoyed having someone else around it seemed and had bonded to Aayla quickly. But each time the longer she was around both Jericho and likely Aayla knew her scent was cemented in those nostrils. Any time any new scent came up Daisy wasn't far behind. The beloved animal knew how to do her job well but she wasn't naturally violent. She knew her job but she also knew to love like in this moment. She'd find Aayla if she ran or left longer then believed alright. But as long as that didn't happen she could remain happily snuggling against her like this moment.

Jericho sighed at her words however thinking on them carefully. Scratching the back of his head then rubbing at his neck as if thinking for several moments on her words. "I man its not technically legal. We can take down the troop of they are illegally enslaving people. But if those people were already slaves its hard to tell if legally they'd care or not. The poor don't sit much higher either then slaves. Its dangerous Aayla... I mean a few guards was one thing but if chase the cornered fox to its lair its gonna fight allot harder then just being chased away from its hunt... and you may find allot more angry foxes then just the one." Implying they may very well be going ito something far more dangerous then she believed if they weren't careful. Sighing and unsure what to think of this crossing his arms still sitting there with them. Looking at her with soft eyes unsure what was best to do here. This meant allot to her though that was for damn sure clear.

Post wc 327
Topic wc 915
Magoi 70/70
Stamina 130/130

Jericho's Vault
View user profile

Aayla

C-Tier
C-Tier
She listened to his words in silence, mulling them over as she continued to absent minded pet Daisy. He was right, if they chased the slavers too much they would no doubt retaliate, but she also knew that her chosen path wasn't going to be an easy one. She was going to have to face them one day to accomplish her goals...

"It's a small camp... even if they fight... Daisy and I can fight too... but we'll try not too... we'll get what we have too, then we'll leave..."
She stated as she once more reached for her pack, taking out the file she had taken and handing it over to Jericho. Inside he would find everything she had been reading up on from the found files at the mines. It wasn't very descriptive of the slavers base, but there was enough detail to give them an idea that it wasn't all that big at all so as to avoid detection.

"If... if we have too... I don't want too but... you can pretend that... I"m your slave so... so we can get in no problem."

She added softly, finally moving out from underneath Daisy and standing up, taking in a deep breath as she looked over to Jericho.

"I really want to do this... please... help me."
She asked him, bringing her hands onto her lap and bowing her head towards him, eyes closed tightly.

WC 259
TWC 642

View user profile
He took her papers still unsure about all this. It was ideals and dreams like this that got people killed. It was things like this that took people out of their means and left them in high water without so much as a paddle or stray wood to float along with. He'd take her papers a little unsure what to so so far just knowing it all seemed like a bad idea. What good was the idea of freedom and life. If you were so willing to throw in back in the clutches and jaws of death time and time again for ones ideals. She was young, naive, so full of life even with all that had been taken from her. An he couldn't but feel she was going to end up dead or in chains once more if she wasn't more careful.

He thumbed through the papers as Aayla rose up Daisy lifting to stand and move lightly as if waking up slowly when her soft lap to lay her head on had left her. She seemed tired a relaxed friend rather then a monstrous animal most may have thought a trackers beast would have been. She just seemed tired like any old dog shaking lightly and moving to the edge of their minor lodging and drinking from a small bowl set aside from her. A regular ration of their food and water went to her and didn't divvy any smaller just because she wasn't a animal.

Jericho just eyeing upward a little confused and taken back by Aayla's whole display. Some of this beyond Daisy's range of understanding. "It's dangerous... If you mess up you could just end up a slave again you know that right? An legally if we failed and that happened and someone figured our scheme you'd become that anyway." He'd say pausing in his words eyes staying to watching her even as she bowed never leaving her stoic figure before adding after a bit of a drawn out sigh. "If we do this you'll have to do more. A on your word Oath you won't abandon me and have to remain at my side in my aids like the reason I came to you in the first place. My life is more at risk for working with a runaway if were messing around with these guys. If you get this... You don't get to leave unless its with me until I say otherwise." As if to imply some form of bondage even if not the same as chains.

Post wc 443
Topic wc 1,358
Magoi 70/70
Stamina 130/130

Jericho's Vault
View user profile

Aayla

C-Tier
C-Tier
"I know it's dangerous... I'm not a fool...but if... if they're going to hunt me for the rest of my life... if that's really my fate... heh... I'm going to change it..."
Aayla would murmur softly as she still remained bowed in front of Jericho, asking for his help. It wasn't until the man stopped lecturing her, instead offering conditions that Aayla stood up straight to look the man in the eyes. She looked at him rather confused just then. She would never just leave him behind... there were far too many reason's that would be a bad idea!

If Jericho was still an enemy after-all, this mission would bring that to light... if he wasn't, and he was genuine about helping Aayla, then she saw no issue with doing this mission and hitting the Cerulean troop hard. His final words to her however were an order, and that caused Aayla's eyes to narrow slightly on the blue haired man in front of her.

"I won't leave you behind... but don't order me to do anything."
She sounded angry, or at least... her tone of voice changed. She didn't speak up, or yell she just sounded... different.

"We're wasting time... we need to go, or else we'll be suspicious."
With that she didn't give him much of a choice but to follow as she walked outside their little camp, leaving everything there for their return. There was really nothing there that would incriminate the young Fanalis at all, so she had no problem leaving it behind.

WC 273
TWC 915

View user profile
He didn't retort her strange seriousness when she gave her own conditions. She didn't want to be ordered but he figured that much from the beginning. What slave or prior slave did after all. But the difference in knowing that and respecting it were two completely and utterly different things. He didn't gulp until she turned away. Only wanting her to see his calm or lightly stoic expression. He didn't want to let on she made him lightly nervous. Not for her motives or her personally. But for what she was capable of. It didn't take long to truly begin to come to realize she was different then many others that had been put in the shoes she walked in now. Tested and true from her hard life that seemingly failed to break her.

He'd wait a minute and watch her go. His eyes scanning her as well as to cover his worried sensation his eyes scanned along her backside as well encase she was watching. Snapping his fingers a moment after Aayla exited the small camping living space. Daisy's ears perking up in a instant. Her fur lightly standing on edge and quickly pouncing to her feet. still a little tired but quickly sharpening her sense. Giving a light whistle that pitched through the air as well to get her to follow close at heel. Simple enough commands to start the day. She'd have to stay close he couldn't afford her or Aayla to be at risk or be gone from him. He'd lost his troop the true troop already. He needed them both and to assure his thriving survival he'd have to find a way to keep it all this way. "You really should relax. For a girl looking for a new future after all you sure are quick to run smack back into your past like a brick wall." He'd say with a humorous intent lightly but also reasoning tone. As he exited the tent. He was ready to follow her lead. She was the fighter here after all Daisy would do better in aiding them in proper tracking when the time came. She was already good for gaining a little side hunting or game when money was tight for normal rations and food sources. "If you really want to handle this just hope it doesn't end up a constant issue. Theres always gonna be troops like this and more slaves. Free ish as you are now we can't save them all. Lets just make sure were focusing on keeping our heads afloat. an Not just trying to be big dreamers that end up like those miners back there."

Post wc 462
Topic wc 1,820
Magoi 70/70
Stamina 130/130

Jericho's Vault
View user profile

Aayla

C-Tier
C-Tier
"You've made it clear that there's no running away from this for me."
Aayla stated as she glanced back to Jericho with a light glare to her eyes. In this moment she could feel herself slowly breaking out of her shell more and more as they spoke. She found that she felt very strongly about this, and while she was a naturally subservient girl, she couldn't help but want to take charge on this, especially witht he hesitation Jericho was showing.

"I can't escape my fate... So I'm going to fight it head on. If they want me back, I'm going to make sure I take them out first."

She continued to explain as she walked onward. She was heavily relying on her sense of spell and her keen eyes to guide her, knowing that they needed to make their way towards the river bend and down towards the small quarry.

With Jericho's final words, Aayla needed to bite her tongue to keep herself silent. He had said that she was free'ish' but she wasn't... all his papers did made her his slave... and she really didn't like that. She was only going to put up with him so long as he remained useful to her. He could help her become a full citizen of Kou, and Daisy... well she was a good fighter and could held her take down the slavers. For now they were useful... and as frustrating as it was to admit, she was liking travelling with him, as annoying as he was. It was a sort of relationship she had never had before. She never would have spoken back to any of her masters before, but with Jericho it was easy...

"It might be a dream... but it's my dream... and I've never had one before. I never had my own real thoughts or will to do anything other than serve my masters...I know now that isn't right... it's not fair, and no one deserves to live like I did. I will always try to help where I can."
She would say as the trio would soon approach the river bend. She would take a sniff at the air and narrow her eyes, turning them left as she led the way at a quicker pace...

WC: 394
TWC: 1,313

View user profile
He chewed on her words a bit. Her desire for dreams and freedom were 'humbling' to say the least. But he had to admit the girl did start showing more of a tough side. She definitely wasn't the scared little girl or remnant husk most people turned into after the slave life. She had some gruff to her along with her casual spunk but he just decided to hold back any more direct words. He had the cards, the winning hand, and a few things still slid up his sleeve encase he needed a ace or two and the chips were down.

Daisy as well made sure things stayed as find and sweet as candy for the time. He followed watched oddly as the girl sniffed the air as well. Giving a smirk to Daisy as the ol girl did the same. He had to bite back the urge to making a joke about comparing slaves to animals or the idea of fanalis being different even if heh they did share such similarities to his furry tracking friend.

"Yea Yea Yea I getcha honey. But let's just try and make sure your dream just don't go gettin us killed now. Ain't no need to go dying to quick for it. Otherwise the dream dies with ya anyway." He'd say with a light chuckle. Doing his best to keep up clearing his throat as it often become clear Daisy and the Fanalis were keeping the stronger pace.

Post wc 254
Topic wc 2,074
Magoi 70/70
Stamina 130/130

Jericho's Vault
View user profile

Aayla

C-Tier
C-Tier
Once both Aayla and Daisy had caught their scent, it didn't take the trio very long at all to reach the slavers outpost. It seemed they hadn't set their camp up too far from theirs which was troublesome... she hadn't done much of a good job scouting the area the previous night it seemed... It didn't matter for now anyways, they would get in, get what thy wanted and go. They could always avoid their camp, and get back to their stuff later.

For now though, Aayla got as close to the outpost as she dared, crouching down low behind the thicker bushes of the forest as she waited for Jericho to catch up. There was a single guard stationed at the entrance of the outpost walls, which looked like someone had just stuck a bunch of tree trunks in the ground to form a perimeter around what was inside. That would make things difficult to get in... unless of course they played the part.

Aayla's heart began beating rapidly simply at the thought of having to put chains on again, even if it was just for an act... They hadn't brought any of their own, but upon closer inspection she could see that the guard stationed at the door, had them tightly fastened around his ankles.

"W... what do you think? I could knock him out before he says anything..."
Aayla whispered to Jericho, staying hidden until their course of action was decided.

WC: 250
TWC: 1,563

View user profile
He seemed to contemplate her idea briefly. He'd kept as close as he could in pacing but was okay falling a little behind as so long as it insured they weren't neck deep in crap and guards after them. The brush only lightly shook and rattle as he took close to her Daisy crouched lower then both of them peeking through the lowest under bottom of the bushes and brush upon the ground.

Jericho seemed truly unsure on how to handle this. A great many set of unknowns made it hard to tell just how many foes they may be dealing with beyond just what they saw. Clearing his throat he'd take a few moments of consideration talking to her in a low tone. Nearly a whisper as well for good measure but close enough he could get close to ensure he'd be close enough to her ear so she'd ear but no other likely would given the circumstances.

"Are you sure no one will hear you? If we can get him out that should help get us moving and maybe some info... WE just don't want anyone else hearing it and sniffing around to fast like a dog to a bone." Daisy letting out a light snort. "Heh... you know what I mean."

Post wc 222
Topic wc 2,296
Magoi 70/70
Stamina 130/130

Jericho's Vault
View user profile

Aayla

C-Tier
C-Tier
"You're right, that would be bad..."
Aayla began as she pondered her next move. How could they get inside unnoticed? How were they going to get evidence against the slavers camp to shut them down? Now that she was this close to the base it all felt impossible. However, just as those thoughts crossed her mind she heard a loud thud and ducked down lower to the ground. To their left, a horse drawn caravan was pulling up to the gate.

Without even saying a word to Jericho, she stepped back and grabbed a hold of his arm tightly, then yanked him towards the approaching caravan. They didn't have time to discuss her idea at this point, if they wasted any time the opportunity would be gone.

Whether Jericho and Daisy followed her or not would remain to be seen, however Aayla didn't stop. She snuck around the back of the carriage as it went by and leaped up gracefully onto the covered wagon. If Jericho was still with her, she'd be sure to ease him inside as well. The caravan shook lightly from their movements earning a shout from the driver.

"Settle down back there! Stupid trash..."
He would grumble angrily. That's when Aayla saw just what was being brought into the camp... half a dozen slaves, mostly females, chained down and stripped down to rags. The Fanalis could feel her blood boil as she looked between them all each in turn, trying not to show how much the sight bothered her. She wanted to break all of their chains right then, but she knew from experience that broken chains didn't mean freedom... she would just be making it harder for these people.

"Shh... We can't free you now... but hang in there, ok? We're going to take these guys down"
She whispered lowly to them, earning simple shrugs as most of them turned away from the girl who no doubt sounded crazy to them.

WC: 334
TWC: 1,897

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum