3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jade of Dusk [Open] Empty Jade of Dusk [Open] 27/09/16, 04:08 pm

Morisato Shigure

Morisato Shigure
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jade of Dusk [Open] Tumblr_nwym497Xbt1r7k9dho1_1280

The Jade Dragon Mountains was indeed a beautiful place, filled with life and marvels. It was interesting to say the least. Kou, such a foul Empire had such beautiful landscapes that rivaled the beauty of the Kina Kingdom. Speaking of which, there hasn’t been a day that passed ever since that fateful betrayal in which Shigure didn’t miss his home land. The cherry blossom in the wind, the sound of the river streams, running wild across his father’s fiefdom, the sound of the people working on the rice fields. Everything seemed like the picturesque illusion of a dream, and that made him smile. His smile had both admiration for the beautiful nature and longing for what was long lost. His dark violet eyes were like pools of loneliness, with a tiny, almost imperceptible spark of rage, a rage that was contained just enough so that it wouldn’t taint his still pure and hopeful soul.

”My father… He fought valiantly… And so did everybody else… I wonder… I wonder if my brothers are alive… Masumi-sama and Makoto-san… It has been over two years… Two years…” he thought to himself ceasing his steps to look at the mark of the shackles on his wrists. Shigure was just recovering his body weight since he left his prison cell. His wrists and ankles still carried the marks of the iron that imprisoned not only his body, but his soul. ”I know they are alive… But… Where would they be? Kou… As evil as this wicked Empire is, is still the closest culture to our own… But… Being also responsible for that betrayal, would they stay here? Doubtfully… Still… Where could I go… Other than Kou, I’m oblivious to this land… The main land… So much bigger than my beloved island…” he sighed in frustration, shaking his head as he walked towards a large boulder underneath a large pine tree.

The sun was already setting on the horizon, on the opposing side of where Kina was. The dusk always brought some sort of sorrow to him and, due to that, he decided to sit on the boulder and open his obento, a traditional lunch bag made of cloth, where he grabbed a mochi he made himself and rested it on the boulder by his side. Shigure clapped his hands together only once and spoke to himself. ”Itadakimasu¹!” and with that being said, he began eating the sweet rice ball. He may seem distracted by one watching him, but his dark violet eyes were always careful, and his left hand rested dangerously close to his sword Kanesada.
¹ Itadakimasu – expression used before meals.

WC: 431

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Jade of Dusk [Open] Imgpsh_fullsize

2Jade of Dusk [Open] Empty Re: Jade of Dusk [Open] 27/09/16, 06:06 pm

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

Aayla and Jericho had decided to set up camp within the Jade Dragon Mountains so that they could keep her away from anyone that might come looking for her in the city. Truth be told it was a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the cities she had been visiting since she had escaped her master. Although, as a run away slave, every tavern she visited was a danger... there might be wanted posters for her, or someone else might try to claim her simply for being what she was. No matter hoe many Fanalis there were in the world, it was always a shock to most when one passed by. Their crimson hair always stuck out like a sore thumb... around the Kou Empire, there weren't that many with freedom. At least, not from what she understood.

Everyone seemed to want a Fanalis as a slave... sure she could understand why... why were powerful, beautiful and if captured early quite subservient. They were the perfect slaves, and it's why they cost so much to purchase... and why there was no doubt in her mind she was still being hunted.

Being in the mountains provided more than enough cover, and with Jericho going in and out of towns and cities to buy them food, she didn't have to worry about getting caught at every turn. Today however, they had chosen this specific spot to camp due to an invasion they were planning the next day.

Apparently there was a small slavers camp related to the Cerulean troop along the Shu-Fang River, a bit of information they had found within the mines they had freed not so long ago. She had every intention of going to that slavers camp and tearing it apart... however Jericho convinced her it was wiser to find evidence against the Cerulean troop so that they could take them down, legally. Aayla reluctantly agreed... though she still planned on doing her best to free the slaves she could. Maybe if she freed enough of her captured brethren, they could all travel and work together to abolish slavery in Kou completely...

Regardless, Aayla felt she needed to be prepared for the events of tomorrow, and so decided a quick bath was in order. She went to her pack and retrieved the small towel she had managed to purchase with her earnings. She then made her way over to a small pool just off of the main river bed and began to remove her clothing. She would soak all of her clothes and rub them vigorously to free them of the dirt and blood that had caked on them, hanging them on a nearby tree to dry.

The now naked Fanalis woman stepped into the pool, walking in deeper and deeper until the water came up above her chest. The muk and blood on her own body would be quickly swept away by the water as she scrubbed her body as clean as she could without anything to wash herself with. She was only about halfway done her so called bath when her nose was suddenly greeted by a strange nearby smell... something.. sweet? She had only smelled something like this on a few occasions and found that it caught her interest.

Her stomach growled loudly as Aayla swam across the little pool to the large boulder on the other side, following the scent of the food. She would lift herself up, peeking up above the boulder to find a man with what looked like a ball or rice in his hands, chomping away at it, completely distracted with the outside world.

Aayla couldn't help but begin to drool a little bit as she watched him eat, spotting the small lunch bag on the very boulder she was leaning on. She glanced back to the man eating his riceball, then to the bag before quickly snatching it and sinking back down into the pool of water as quietly as she could, fishing inside it for any food that may lie in wait.

WC: 682

Jade of Dusk [Open] OPVwSvd

3Jade of Dusk [Open] Empty Re: Jade of Dusk [Open] 27/09/16, 10:45 pm

Morisato Shigure

Morisato Shigure
D-Tier
D-Tier

With the corner of his violet eyes Shigure could see a crimson haired woman on a pool of water nearby. She was exotic and beautiful; not as beautiful as the women from Kina, but considerably more beautiful than the women of Kou, on his opinion. The color of her hair was quite something; something he had never seen before and… There was some ferocity in her, something he couldn’t quite explain, but that was there, in her eyes, in her hair, in her body language. She wasn’t like anyone he had ever seen in his entire life, and that’s quite something considering the fact that Shigure was a Samurai warrior, an in-training general and a warrior to the core, with experience in deadly battles against uncanny warriors.

He took another bite of the mochi and it was really delicious. The sweet wasn’t too much, but it was still there, quite noticeable for the taste. ”Perfect. The rice fields in this lands are similar to Kina’s ones, that’s why I was capable of replicating the taste, consistence and appearance. That’s good. I’m not the best cook, but they are at least close to Mayumi-chan’s mochi.” he thought to himself with a bittersweet look on his face. To remember his kidnapped sister, who was used as a tool to such a maleficent plot of the Kawaguchi clan, that made him feel sad, angry and frustrated at the same time, but he knew he couldn’t feed that line of thought and that was why he took a very deep breath and, before he could even finish it, the crimson haired woman rushed quickly towards his direction, stole his obento and ran back to the pool of water.

Shigure stared at her with both awe for her lightning reflexes and a mild irritation for her crime. He took yet another deep breath before speaking in an apparently calm tone. – You know… In my land we cut off the hands of thieves so they can never steal again. If you wanted food, you could’ve just asked. I’m not a greedy person, Akagami-san¹ - he said, staring at her coldly now.
¹Akagami-san – Miss Red Hair

WC: 356
TWC: 887

Jade of Dusk [Open] Imgpsh_fullsize

4Jade of Dusk [Open] Empty Re: Jade of Dusk [Open] 28/09/16, 02:17 pm

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

A slight tint of red crossed the young Fanalis' face when she was caught, though it didn't stop her from retrieving the first bit of food she could from the bag, and with a quick sniff bringing it to her mouth. If he was really bothered by her stealing from him then he would get up and chase her down, which he wasn't doing at all. And who did he think he was, saying she should just ask for food... she wasn't a slave anymore! We wasn't going to ask for permission for anything.

"Hmph..."
With her prize in hand, she tossed the bag back over on to the large boulder as she swam away to the other side of the little river. As she moved, you would make out the few laceration scars on the girls back as she swam away. She found a more shallow spot where she was able to kneel more easily while she devoured the tasty treat she had managed to steal from the man. It truly was unlike anything she had ever tasted! While it wasn't packed full of flavor, it was still better than the crap she was used to eating... Even when she became a more... cared for slave, they didn't treat her to foods like this.

Disregarding what he had said about chopping off hands and asking for the food, Aayla simply spoke from her own perch as she was already finishing the morsel.

"What is this?"
She would ask lightly, one might actually have trouble hearing her speak. As she finished up her treat, the man would soon be able to see the scarring around her own wrists. A trait normally hidden away from the gloves that were now drying on the tree.

WC: 299
TWC: 981

Jade of Dusk [Open] OPVwSvd

5Jade of Dusk [Open] Empty Re: Jade of Dusk [Open] 01/10/16, 12:18 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the man and a woman encountered each other there appeared a group in the distance. Over twenty horses, with some pulling carts and some carrying armed men, and over sixty soldiers were marching alongside the Shu-Fang river. The horsemen rode at a leisurely pace, allowing the soldiers to easily keep up with them. Other than the horsemen, each soldier carried a pack upon their back.

The noise of the marching could be heard without too much difficulty as the rhythmic striking of the feet on the ground created small tremors. In the front of the marching group was a young man, armed with a blade, riding a dark horse.

The young man's name was Fang Vardreth, and when he saw an individual sitting atop a large boulder a couple hundred meters in the distance he raised his hand. The column of soldiers stopped. "We'll set up camp here. The sun is setting, anyway, so we should prepare for the nights rest. Don't bother those who don't show hostile intentions." Vardreth stared towards the man on the boulder before turning back towards his soldiers and giving out orders.

He was traveling in the direction of the city of Xinzheng, in search of some work here and there, and did not want to cause too much trouble along the way. The band of men immediately began to pull together a camp from the materials on the carts, as well as the individual tents of the soldiers.

For the time being, Vardreth dismounted his horse and watched from outside the camp's perimeter, accompanied by a pair of horsemen. From the current vantage point he was unable to see the woman or the pond as it was hidden by bushes and a treeline.

OOC:

I hope ya'll don't mind me joining the thread ^_^. Don't feel that it is necessary to interact with the band of soldiers over here; if your characters aren't interested in doing so, I promise I won't feel hurt lol.

6Jade of Dusk [Open] Empty Re: Jade of Dusk [Open] 23/10/16, 05:38 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The night passed fairly peacefully for the mercenary group. After an initial few hours of keeping watch, Vardreth returned to the Commander tent near the center of the encampment to go over some of the maps with the other leadership members of his company.

Once the night ended, and Vardreth awoke from his sleep, he watched as his soldiers began packing up the camp to continue their forward march down the river. So long as everything was normal, their next big stop shouldn't take them much longer to reach.

Xinzheng... If there is no work to be had, then don't blame me for stirring up business in a different country, Kou! Vardreth mounted his horse and urged it forward as his robes fluttered in the breeze.

He left just as he had arrived, with a procession of mercenaries painting an ominous picture.

OOC:

[exit]

Apologies. Because it's been almost a month without a response, and I want to make sure my topic limit is a bit freed up, I'll be exiting the thread a bit early. We'll just assume that the two of you did not approach and encounter the mercenary camp. Feel free to continue from before I posted : ).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum