Morisato's Abilities

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Morisato's Abilities on 27/09/16, 03:45 pm

Mae/Ushiro
Tier: D
Class: Warrior.
Type: Offensive.
Range: Short.
Requirements/Drawbacks: The sword must be sheathed in order to be used.
Scaling: Damage.
Sustain: 0.
Cool Down: 1 post.
Cost: 10 stamina.
Description:

The user unsheathe his sword with all his speed by taking one step forward or backwards, using both the right arm and a waist spin to increase the power of the horizontal cut, dealing D-Tier damage. Can be done off balance as long as the character can move.

Tsuka-ate
Type: Offensive.
Range: Close.
Requirements/Drawbacks: The sword must be sheathed in order to be used.
Scaling: Range.
Description:

In a surprise movement, the user, instead of unsheathing his sword to attack, hits the opponent hard with the kashira (tip of the handle of the sword).

Nuki Waza
Type: Defensive.
Range: Close.
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must be with both feet to the ground in order to be able to gather impulse.
Scaling: Dodging – the tier of damage capable of dodging will increase for every 10 stamina that is invested.
Description:

Using swift footwork, the user can move his body fast enough to dodge upcoming attacks.

PS: I know I can have 5, but I'm choosing to start with only 3 ^^

Last edited by Morisato Shigure on 27/09/16, 04:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 27/09/16, 04:23 pm

Overseer

A-Tier
A-Tier
Mae/Ushiro: Put in the requirements that you need to be in a stance to use the ability, unless it can be done off balance in which case include that in the description.

Make that edit and Pre-Approved

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Character Vault

Spoiler:

Code:
<center><div style="width:400px;min-height:200px;text-align:justify;">

</div></center>

View user profile

3 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 27/09/16, 04:33 pm

It can be done off balance, and just added that! Thank you!

View user profile

4 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 27/09/16, 06:00 pm

Overseer

A-Tier
A-Tier
Pre-Approved

Character Vault

Spoiler:

Code:
<center><div style="width:400px;min-height:200px;text-align:justify;">

</div></center>

View user profile

5 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 27/09/16, 08:45 pm

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Tsuka-ate:
I'm not sure how range scaling would apply to this ability. Could you explain how it does? If not, I'd reccomend damage scaling as a replacement.

Nuki Waza:
Dodging isn't an acceptable scaling type because using an ability to dodge does not guarantee you will successfully dodge based on the tier of incoming attacks. Dodging on the forum is "logic" based and it's expected that you won't always be able to perfectly dodge enemy attacks.

I recommend amount scaling instead as this will allow you to increase the number of times you can dodge in a short period of time.

For the description, we need a bit more details. Is the swift footwork one step? A leap? How far does it carry you(3m is usually the upper limit for D-tier movement skills) Is it in a specific direction or in any direction? In the future, please keep in mind that abilities are considered very specific "trained/choreographed" actions in most cases. Meaning that you should avoid being vague whenever possible.

Thank you all, for everything.
View user profile

6 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 27/09/16, 10:01 pm

Tsuka-ate range is based on a greater impulse of the legs, making the user able to cover greater distance. Hope that's fine this way xD

as for Nuki Waza, it can be amount scaling, no trouble. As for how it works it's a... How can I explain, a suri ashi. It's like sliding the foot real quick to one side in order to avoid an attack. I guess the closest thing to describe would be a single quick step.

And thank you! I was having trouble knowing just how specific the abilities should be xD Sorry for the trouble

View user profile

7 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 28/09/16, 05:36 am

Tsuka-ate: From your explanation, i imagine that Mori would need to move first before he could attack? And that range scaling is covering the range of how far the movement he could actually go?
If it is like that, then it would be 2 ability inside 1 skill, which is only possible for C-tier ability and more because it will require you to make it into Offensive/Supplementary skill.
However, I would still use Duquin's suggestion to change the scaling into damage scaling ^^

Nuki Waza: Id suggest the amount scaling for this too ^^
Also, please state how far you can move to dodge and also how your dodging movement will be.

View user profile

8 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 28/09/16, 10:02 am

Tsuka-ate the attack and movement are at the same time, just like any regular attack where you take a step to attack. The range would be how much "ground" the step could cover, like this (the first 10s):

as for Nuki Waza i thought that since it is close range, it meant i could dodge up to 1 meter to the sides, and with stamina up to 3. Am I wrong?

Sorry for the trouble x.x

View user profile

9 Re: Morisato's Abilities on 28/09/16, 12:50 pm

Duquin

A-Tier
A-Tier
Tsuka-ate:
I think you misunderstood what Noir was trying to point out. The system considers ability supported movement to be a supplementary aspect and any kind of damage to be an offensive aspect. It also limits abilities that use more than one aspect(supplementary, offensive, or defensive) by requiring that the tier potency for the ability be split up between the various aspects.

Since D-tier can't be split down into smaller parts, it means that D-tier abilities can only have one aspect. This is why she mentioned the ability being like two abilities in one. You want movement and damage which requires the ability be C-tier at a minimum.

That being said, this doesn't mean you can't step forward normally while performing this ability. Such a step just wouldn't be considered an ability action. I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Nuki Waza:
The range classifications only really limit the initial base use of the ability. If you apply range scaling you could move more than 1m in a single step and if you apply amount scaling you can perform many 1m steps in a row totalling to much more than 1m of movement.

sliding the foot real quick to one side in order to avoid an attack.

That is in the right direction. I'd suggest you use the following wording based on what you said:

"The user slides their foot swiftly to one side carrying them up to 1m to the left or right in order to dodge an incoming attack."

Thank you all, for everything.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum